2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 62
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Looks great.

Definitely looks like they are going to focus on bigger non linear missions. Looks and sounds like they are going to reskin everything to look like in Halo 2/3. Not sure how far they will go with that. Changing marines, Chiefs armor, presumably the Elites and grunts. Does the presence of a sentinel mean the Prometheans aren't in the game?

Not sure why Cortana is in a chip and why the Chief would be putting her in his helmet. They didn't exactly depart on the best of terms and isn't she the one they are fighting?

Sadly I am not sure the game will be out 2019. This looks like a concept trailer.
sadly,i agree it looks like a concept trailer.remember some of the art trailers for halo 5
I was first introduced to halo wen i was 8 years old i loved the campain especialy being introduced to the flood ohh man the flood was so sick the legendary level 343 guilty spark i was just blown away by it then remakin the the first halo it just got better because the graphics on the remake was just awesome it brought halo to life again. For me halo is not just a game it tells a story it is a game like no other and no game can match it. I think there's more to halo than what people might think and its not a game you should take advantage of i think you should aprecieate the story within halo itself. Halo brought the gaming world to life and thats what makes halo so unique and different the halo trillogy is legendary. A game like halo you just cant compete with.

This post has been hidden.

K27R wrote:
Please 343, change the title... for the love of God change the title to something badass.
The title I assume is under "Infinite" since that was the last ship seen using slip space to safety away from the Guardian. So it's most likely focused around the crew moving forward while Chief finds a way to help.
i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it
I could be way off base here, but did anyone else get an 'open world' feel from that engine demo? Hopefully, they were just showing the capabilities of the engine, and that they have filled the landscape with wild life (I.E. deer on installation 07). I have no issue with them trying an open world game, but please not with MC. Anyway, I think it looked great, can't wait to hear more about it.
I cant believe the old style is coming back this is going to be awesome!!
Does anyone know if they are working on another Halo Wars?
i wonder how they recruit for the beta
Gungir203 wrote:
i wonder how they recruit for the beta
Through the Insiders Program like MCC is being done right now. If you are interested in helping out with testing of either game, feel free to sign up to the Insider and download the Insider app on your Xbox from the Xbox store :)
The classic art is a welcomed sight. Master Chief being playable throughout the campaign, also great. Split screen's return, thank you for coming to your senses 343i. However, the real test for the longevity of this game and of the Halo franchise as a whole will be the matchmaking system. If the development team has gotten over their need to give everyone a trophy for participating and returns to the addictively competitive skill based matchmaking and ranking systems of old, people will love it (albiet some will complain, yet even so many will return for more).

The reality is some people are better than others in sports, academia, work, and gaming. The more a game separates from this reality, the less people tend to stick with that game. Nascar is also losing fans at a rapid rate, why? The competitiveness of the sport has been reduced so greatly it is far less fun to participate in. Humanity wants clearly defined winners, they want to see who is genuinely superior; they want to have someone powerful to rise up against and defeat.

Halo 2 & 3 were the most successful games at increasing the player-base and holding onto them for years, not to mention Halo 3 is the highest seller with over 12+ million sales (compared to Halo 5's 5+ million sales). This is due in huge part to their skill based matchmaking, it was a magnet for players to come and compete. Everyone wanted a 50 Rank and would go to great lengths to get one, simply for the pride of doing so. People continued buying this game well after release because they wanted in on the competition and the pride of winning. In Halo 5, what can you take pride in anymore? Your "seasonal" rank is wiped out periodically and you have no long term skill based rank that is prominently displayed, leaving you with nothing to work hard to achieve.

If the corporate powers continue to spinelessly cater to delicate egos, they will continue to see both the core fans and casual dainty folks walk away. The latter because their requests are insatiable, and the former from disappointment. Give us ranked 1-50 skill based matchmaking for the competitive AND social for the casual. Only then will you regenerate the diminishing Halo community. This could very well be 343i and Microsoft's last chance to come to terms with the reality I have shared here and implement the system the core fans have requested for years now.

Don't let us down, again.
Can we get a Canon reason why his armor switched back.
I'm a fan, I just don't want it to be ignored like h 4.
I really didn’t enjoy the trailer
iRadicaI wrote:
The classic art is a welcomed sight. Master Chief being playable throughout the campaign, also great. Split screen's return, thank you for coming to your senses 343i. However, the real test for the longevity of this game and of the Halo franchise as a whole will be the matchmaking system. If the development team has gotten over their need to give everyone a trophy for participating and returns to the addictively competitive skill based matchmaking and ranking systems of old, people will love it (albiet some will complain, yet even so many will return for more).

The reality is some people are better than others in sports, academia, work, and gaming. The more a game separates from this reality, the less people tend to stick with that game. Nascar is also losing fans at a rapid rate, why? The competitiveness of the sport has been reduced so greatly it is far less fun to participate in. Humanity wants clearly defined winners, they want to see who is genuinely superior; they want to have someone powerful to rise up against and defeat.

Halo 2 & 3 were the most successful games at increasing the player-base and holding onto them for years, not to mention Halo 3 is the highest seller with over 12+ million sales (compared to Halo 5's 5+ million sales). This is due in huge part to their skill based matchmaking, it was a magnet for players to come and compete. Everyone wanted a 50 Rank and would go to great lengths to get one, simply for the pride of doing so. People continued buying this game well after release because they wanted in on the competition and the pride of winning. In Halo 5, what can you take pride in anymore? Your "seasonal" rank is wiped out periodically and you have no long term skill based rank that is prominently displayed, leaving you with nothing to work hard to achieve.

If the corporate powers continue to spinelessly cater to delicate egos, they will continue to see both the core fans and casual dainty folks walk away. The latter because their requests are insatiable, and the former from disappointment. Give us ranked 1-50 skill based matchmaking for the competitive AND social for the casual. Only then will you regenerate the diminishing Halo community. This could very well be 343i and Microsoft's last chance to come to terms with the reality I have shared here and implement the system the core fans have requested for years now.

Don't let us down, again.
This is the very reason I play games like H3. Lately, I've been playing a lot of Rocket League for the competitive aspect. Even though ranks reset, you receive seasonal rewards based on your skill that allows you to show your achievement always. If we could move back to the tried and true 50lvl rank system, I would greatly appreciate that. Being able to get a 50 and keep it was a fantastic feeling for those who could.
It was an intriguing teaser and I want more information.
My big worry is that with each of their own games, 343 have taken constructive criticism to polar extremes. I hope they find middle ground here.
is 343 worthy of producing halo games? or should we have ended the story in the Forward unto Dawn.
ROBERTO jh wrote:
From what I have heard regarding the Slipspace Engine, it's designed for true open world environments; no Halo engine has ever been designed that way. The released blurbs have also emphasized players exploring the world, and the trailer was almost exclusively about the scale of a living, breathing, open world. Even the hieroglyphics on the cave suggest some kind of exploration/discovery mechanic. Every indication is that it is an open world game.
Ah. Okay. I'm interested in seeing how that'll turn out, if that's the case.
The new armor seems to suggest that the UNSC still has a good amount of technological capability left despite the Guardians zapping everything.
i better hope this is not some kind of open world set up so that they can throw battle royal in our faces
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 62