3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 90
Th3Giorgio wrote:
Wait...is there a possibility this is like a prequel or something? Maybe that is where the old art style comes from.
343 stated that Halo Infinite will continue the story of Master Chief past Halo 5.
  • I don't remember the last time I was so hyped for a game. Looking forward to it.
When is the release date for this game?
XRG Truth wrote:
There isn't one yet. I'd guess fall or winter 2019 though
XRG Truth wrote:
They haven't said yet. I'm guessing q4 2019.
XFitDaddy wrote:
XRG Truth wrote:
They haven't said yet. I'm guessing q4 2019.
Thanks for the info!
xsv wrote:
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
Looking good, Should have the 6 in there though
i think its in there, as long as you look hard enough *wink wink*
Oh yeah I think I see it now, Kappa
R D0UBLE wrote:
I watched the trailer....this is it, the moment we've all been waiting for! CLASSIC MOVEMENT MECHANICS HAVE RETURNED!

343, you've finally done it! I am so pumped for this game!
How do you know about classic movement? Because of the Armour?
Well, if that's the H2-3 Mk VI armor, then it won't be able to do any of those spartan abilities. So unless 343 tells us the 4-5 armor was the 2-3 armor this whole time, it wouldn't make sense to have an old armor set perform such abilities, thus pointing to CLASSIC MOVEMENT MECHANICS, or at least those mechanics with sprint.
I have learned to like the abilities.Well thruster and maybe sprint. The others I could do without.
I think Halo Infinite should have TWO types of forge modes. Allow me to explain...

Let me start off by saying that 343 did an amazing job with forge mode in Halo 5. It was truly amazing to be able to create quite literally anything you could think of in forge mode in Halo 5. It had everything anyone had ever asked for in a forge mode... With that being said, I believe the forge mode was not very fun to play. There was a huge learning curve going from Halo Reach's forge mode to Halo 5's forge mode. Halo 5's forge mode felt more like a soft software. The controls were different, there was things like scripts which even to this day I don't know how to use. I'm not saying these features weren't good to have, I'm saying that for the casual halo player, it made forge kind of off limits for them.

This is where that second mode comes into play.
Halo Reach's forge was insanely fun to play with friends. I could just hop into a forge lobby with some friends and screw around and make some cool bases. Point is, it was fun! Anyone could use it. It didn't feel like a software. It felt fun and easy to use but still had many capabilities... What I am getting at is I think 343 should include an optional "classic forge mode" option. One where a player could easily switch back and forth between the Halo Reach style forge and the Halo 5 style forge. Preferably the ability to do it in game in the menu and not have to quit and load back into a new mode.

Both modes have there advantages and sort of there own uses. Halo 5's forge was more geared towards players being able to create large scale maps and things of much larger ambitions while Halo Reaches forge was a much more simple (less involved) and fun version of forge. I feel that both of these versions have great benefits and I would love to see the player have the option to do whichever they choose.

All-in-all, my point it that not every halo player is a hard core map making expert forger. Some of us just want to play around.

(SIDE NOTE: PLEASE NO GENERATING LIGHT EVERY TIME YOU CHANGE INTO THE ORB... IT RUINS FORGE)
Love the art direction
Now I'm wondering if we'll be fighting space rhinos in Firefight.
It's Amazing!!!
Here are my thoughts:

The new Halo:

An open world exploration style game would be a great addition to the Halo franchise. One key thing that Halo needs to survive is incentive to play. Incentive in both campaign and multiplayer. If I were head project lead I would release an open world exploration of the entire Halo ring with both familiar and nostalgic sights and new ones. Campaign missions that bring both nostalgia and new challenges.

Also release (doesn't have to be at the same time) an amazing multiplayer to bring the community back together. Simplicity. A halo 3 and Reach combined style ranking system with simple yet stylistic armor. Not too many variants but not too little. Organize it way better than H5. Make the base armor not Mjolnir variants. Or maybe a very damaged and ugly variant and then you unlock the fresh gear a higher level. Make the armor and ranks elusive and difficult to achieve. Medium to high skill but also lots of time. That will keep the population high for a longer time. Social playlists with not so strict rules. Betraying and jumping off the map to meme your team is part of Halo. It's social - if you want to play serious then play Ranked. Obviously if you betray the same player more than 3 times then give them the option to boot. But be able to tease your friends with the spartan laser, etc.

Halo Battle Royale?
Use the halo ring as the battle field. Lower graphics, pixels, moving pieces, etc to grant higher framerates and smoother gameplay. Parts of the ring will fire a flood infestation blast in certain areas to make the game smaller as it goes on. Instantly eliminates you if caught in it. Gives you enough warning to not get caught. Simple battle style - exact same as multiplayer. Find a BR and AR and hit your shots. Shields and health are normal. Snipers, Shotguns and Rockets and OS, Camo come in supply drops randomly. Obviously there are a lot of ideas and the list goes on and on but you get it for now.

All of this doesn't have to be released at once. Release the base campaign and open world exploration as soon as ready. Then grind out the multiplayer with alpha tests and beta tests then release it a few months or half a year later. Give multiplayer rewards to players who complete amazing feats in the campaign so they are excited for Multiplayer. Then after the multiplayer is fully released start developing and testing the Battle Royale. I believe all of this will keep Halo alive for a looooong time.

Incentive to play:
Let's look at Halo 3 for example - the incentive to play campaign was to unlock armor customization while the incentive to play multiplayer was the rank up and reach the elusive 50. Custom games were also thriving because the population was high and the file sharing system was simple and worked. And then Bungie created even more incentive to play by releasing the very special Recon Armor which made you play with others on XBL in both campaign and Matchmaking.

Similar with Reach - major incentive to play matchmaking and rank up to earn new exciting armor and also nostalgic armor. Brilliant. Don't know what happened with the file sharing system so custom games weren't a big hit (for me at least).

Here's why I think Halo 5 didn't 'survive':
-Armor and gear was unlocked pretty much randomly and there was way too much customization available to where I felt almost overwhelmed and hopeless collecting it all.
-Ranks reset each month. No incentive to keep grinding once you reach champ one time. Both H3 and Reach featured ranks which took time to get.
-BR's felt and still feel too rigid and not smooth as a burst would like to feel (Halo 2 and 3 felt amazing in my opinion) H2 BR feels good of course.
-Pistol starts. Not sure why this was ever a thing. Halo 3 MLG only featured BR's. Why change what works and created an amazing community scene?
-Matchmaking was too competitive mostly

Those are just some thoughts I've had. If you disagree or have different ideas then let me know as I'd like to expand my opinions on Halo.
Thanks!
-dadrksd
I wish this will be Campaign only game,dont waste time on multiplayer dear developers.Halo CE didn't have multiplayer,only split screen.
Honestly, I think the multiplayer and campaign should both be released in 2020. Why would you release them at different times? You'd still be able to release Halo Infinite on both the Xbox One and "Scarlet". I would not mind it being open world I suppose, but the campaign missions should not be open world, at least primary ones. Halo should not be like Skyrim or Fallout. Also, the last thing we need is a battle royal game. It simply would not be able to compete with Fortnite. Those are just my thoughts, everyone has different ones.
I think a Halo Battle royal would be a lot cooler than fortnite. Sorry I am one of those fortnite haters I just don't like the game. But adding a halo battle royal would be pretty interesting in my eyes.
The game looks amazing but I think that it has to happens a lot of years
I love easter eggs and collectibles/secrets, so hopefully there's lots in here. And not like that stupid soccer ball in halo 5. I love lore that's hard to find but gives lots of cool details about the past/future.
I do think it will be a bit more like the first mission on the ring in Halo CE; wide open spaces, but not open world game play.
I disliked halo where the only missions that had "more than one way to approach" are when your in the warthog. Too much speed = not taking it in.
I think Halo Infinite should have TWO types of forge modes. Allow me to explain...

Let me start off by saying that 343 did an amazing job with forge mode in Halo 5. It was truly amazing to be able to create quite literally anything you could think of in forge mode in Halo 5. It had everything anyone had ever asked for in a forge mode... With that being said, I believe the forge mode was not very fun to play. There was a huge learning curve going from Halo Reach's forge mode to Halo 5's forge mode. Halo 5's forge mode felt more like a soft software. The controls were different, there was things like scripts which even to this day I don't know how to use. I'm not saying these features weren't good to have, I'm saying that for the casual halo player, it made forge kind of off limits for them.

This is where that second mode comes into play.
Halo Reach's forge was insanely fun to play with friends. I could just hop into a forge lobby with some friends and screw around and make some cool bases. Point is, it was fun! Anyone could use it. It didn't feel like a software. It felt fun and easy to use but still had many capabilities... What I am getting at is I think 343 should include an optional "classic forge mode" option. One where a player could easily switch back and forth between the Halo Reach style forge and the Halo 5 style forge. Preferably the ability to do it in game in the menu and not have to quit and load back into a new mode.

Both modes have there advantages and sort of there own uses. Halo 5's forge was more geared towards players being able to create large scale maps and things of much larger ambitions while Halo Reaches forge was a much more simple (less involved) and fun version of forge. I feel that both of these versions have great benefits and I would love to see the player have the option to do whichever they choose.

All-in-all, my point it that not every halo player is a hard core map making expert forger. Some of us just want to play around.

(SIDE NOTE: PLEASE NO GENERATING LIGHT EVERY TIME YOU CHANGE INTO THE ORB... IT RUINS FORGE)
Are asking for cuStomizable settings for forge or the ability to change controls for forge?

you threw me off but I’m going to go with you want the reach controls setting or something like how to can change multiplayer controls
XRG Truth wrote:
I think a Halo Battle royal would be a lot cooler than fortnite. Sorry I am one of those fortnite haters I just don't like the game. But adding a halo battle royal would be pretty interesting in my eyes.
I don’t think they should it would be to difficult just think weapons would needs to be rebalance the sniper is so easy to use and to get a head shot. And most power weapons in halo is a one shotter how would they implement power ups such as cam or OS a lot of rebalancing would be needed for that
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 90