OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 87
I watched the trailer....this is it, the moment we've all been waiting for! CLASSIC MOVEMENT MECHANICS HAVE RETURNED!

343, you've finally done it! I am so pumped for this game!
Where did you get Classic movement mechanics from that?
It really gave me that vibe. I can't explain it, the graphics just give me the feeling that they'll go back to the old mechanics, and even if they don't, it'll still be refreshing to play Halo 5 with a classic skin on it, if not as much.
Looks great.

Definitely looks like they are going to focus on bigger non linear missions. Looks and sounds like they are going to reskin everything to look like in Halo 2/3. Not sure how far they will go with that. Changing marines, Chiefs armor, presumably the Elites and grunts. Does the presence of a sentinel mean the Prometheans aren't in the game?

Not sure why Cortana is in a chip and why the Chief would be putting her in his helmet. They didn't exactly depart on the best of terms and isn't she the one they are fighting?

Sadly I am not sure the game will be out 2019. This looks like a concept trailer.
K27R wrote:
Please 343, change the title... for the love of God change the title to something badass.
I actually like the title. It sounds pretty badass to me.
It looks great and all....but what IS it?
As happy as I am to see a new Halo game and as glad as I am that it seems to be pleasing classic Halo fans... I'm really sad that we'll probably have to wait even longer then 2019 to see it.
The engine looks like it supports much larger open spaces. I am wondering if you will add an open hub world akin to ODST's Mombasa Streets. At the very least, the multiplayer seems like it will support much more players.
Can we get a release date for the release date?
Like everyone else I'm very happy to see a new Halo game coming but c'mon 343, just some details, someone on stage telling us what's to come in our beloved universe.

If disappointing your fans is your secret goal you're doing a fantastic job....
They have the classic art style mixed with the new, I’m sure they’re not trying to disappoint, though I do agree some info would be great
As happy as I am to see a new Halo game and as glad as I am that it seems to be pleasing classic Halo fans... I'm really sad that we'll probably have to wait even longer then 2019 to see it.
Yeah that was definitely a concept trailer. I was actually expecting them to have some gameplay and say that a beta was coming soon. I mean a whole new engine is a big deal. I can't even imagine what's required in that. Gears hasn't had to do that? So, its not too surprising we are getting Gears 5 before Halo Infinite.

By the look of it:

* New Engine
* Open(ish?) world with bigger missions
* Halo 2/3 reskin

Those are all great things obviously. However they don't address things like the campaign and multiplayer. Yes Halo 5 had some graphical limitations and everyone likes the idea of bigger levels and people have been going on and on about the old look of everything. But the main issues people have are the idea the story has lost its way and that Halo isn't the multiplayer juggernaut it was.

Its a good concept trailer. They should get some goodwill for it. But this Halo game feels like its a long way off.
It looks great and all....but what IS it?
The sequel to Halo 5. It’s just Halo 6 without the 6.
Not sure why Cortana is in a chip and why the Chief would be putting her in his helmet. They didn't exactly depart on the best of terms and isn't she the one they are fighting?
Who says it was Cortana he was putting in?? 😉

I'm excited for Halo 6, Infinite.... whatever lol (Not sure what I think about the name yet though....) but I'm REALLY hoping it's not going to be an open world game. The trailer kind of gives me the impression it might be. I'm BEYOND tired of open world games. I like levels!!! I MISS levels in games. So many games now are open world and for me it's gotten old.

I really hope Halo Infinite has levels still like the pass games but the levels are just really big and long.

The trailer looked absolutely amazing though!! I just wish they gave some sort of info when say a multiplayer beta or alpha would be coming. My guess is sometime after next year's E3. Good things come to those that wait so they say 😁
this game will be an FPS and a MULTIPLATFORM PC AND XBOX game
Im absolutely excited for this new chapter in my favorite universe thank you so much this demo, i love the new engine, the fauna and flora, the textures lighting and everything is beautiful.
Will the artstyle be changing again? Sure i am all for the classic art styles, but i would feel odd if 4 and 5 were ret coned in the art department. Im hoping for a mix like Halo Wars 2. A hybrid of gen 1 and 2 mark 6
They have the classic art style mixed with the new, I’m sure they’re not trying to disappoint, though I do agree some info would be great
Yeah I agree, the mix of old and new is great but I only watched E3 for some news on Halo 6 so can't help feeling disappointed at just seeing a trailer for the new engine.

Let's face it though, YouTubers will go into detail on every single frame of this trailer for the next few years....and then nothing in that trailer will be in the game.

Also...the title needs to change.
Who says it was Cortana he was putting in?? 😉

I'm excited for Halo 6, Infinite.... whatever lol (Not sure what I think about the name yet though....) but I'm REALLY hoping it's not going to be an open world game. The trailer kind of gives me the impression it might be. I'm BEYOND tired of open world games. I like levels!!! I MISS levels in games. So many games now are open world and for me it's gotten old.

I really hope Halo Infinite has levels still like the pass games but the levels are just really big and long.

The trailer looked absolutely amazing though!! I just wish they gave some sort of info when say a multiplayer beta or alpha would be coming. My guess is sometime after next year's E3. Good things come to those that wait so they say 😁
They established that not every UNSC AI is blue with Roland and Isabel. If they had wanted to tease that Chiefs getting a new character in his head they would have made it red or orange so people would be speculating on that. So either Halsey made another Cortana like was suggested in Halo 4 or it is the real Cortana. Unless the Created have kicked her out of the Domain I can't see why she would even need a chip. So its probably Cortana 2.0. Which would have pretty big (Mendicant/Offensive Bias) vibes if they did that. I mean it would be pretty hilarious if you had Jen Taylor talking smack to herself. Plus I'd strongly suspect that they'll have it where Chief can use this new Cortana to "patch" the rampant/logic plagued version. ;)

I don't think its open world. They have talked a lot in the past about them liking the bigger and less linear missions like Silent Cartographer and the second mission on Halo CE which this trailer clearly references. So I think that's what they are going for.

Yeah I think they'll do gameplay and beta in 2019. But we won't get the game until 2020. When did the Halo 5 beta come out?
cmon internet you're supposed to have figured out what was written on the wall by now!
So much hype, but so many questions too.

Looks freaking amazing. Loving the art style, classic but modern.
A new engine to support the next game sounds great, especially if it lends to more open and variable environments that play to Halo's sandbox; I guess just wanted to see something more concrete?
It was good to confirm that this will be for Halo 6, focusing on Chief, and I loved the rack focus on his new (old?) helmet and that 'Finish the Fight' sting at the end. It felt very much like the E3 2000 trailer for CE with some Halo 3 sprinkled in for good measure.

I'm also glad that, like the MCC currently, there'll be flights to test the game at various stages and gain a swathe of feedback from the community; so I'm cautiously optimistic. I just hope this isn't the last we hear of it til next year; the community is in a drought as it is.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 87