3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 97
Im pretty hyped!!!
Well there goes Halo's creative spirit. All for the sake of nostalgia pandering.
Quote:
The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engine, Halo Infinite was revealed at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing with a thrilling engine demo that provides a glimpse into the future of the Halo franchise, leading it into new and unexpected directions.

Read the announcement blog here and watch the full trailer here!
So you sacrificed the creative spirit of the franchise and caved to nostalgia pandering.
Will it be Halo CE timed 1 million like Doom?
I wasn’t impressed at all by the Infinite cartoon trailer. How about showing me the game mechanics! What was that a new lion king? How about showing the matchmaking and some player movement. I get Rhinos in a field, wha????!!!! Yawn!
HOLYHEIFER wrote:
WWelchIII wrote:
Campaign:
So hopefully in the Campaign you bring back Lord Hood, the Flood, the Didact and the missing Covienant members aka the Brutes, Profits, Buggers, Engineers, and Skirmishers. Let us know what happens to Gabriel Thorn sense he was replaced with Buck. Keep Fireteam Osirs and the Warden Eternal don’t just get rid of them like you did with thorn. Make sure the Halo Wars(2) Characters are In Halo 6 or Infinity. And most importantly make sure the Arbiter is in it! Also everyone that is in Halo 5 needs too return! And Co-Op

Multiplayer:
Playable Elites
Co-Op
Bringing back the Flood in a main-series game could diminish the ending of Halo 3. It also wouldn't make sense to those that only play the main games. Considering one of the main complaints about Halo 5's campaign being that the player needed to know a load of lore to understand the story, I don't see this happening. The books should expand the universe but the games should be the main story, and shouldn't really be affected by them. Say that Cortana was lost during 'First Strike' and wasn't in Halo 2, but it was only mildly referred to and not explained. It wouldn't make any sense to most of the players. Same principle for the return of the Flood, in my opinion, if to a lesser degree.

In addition to this, having four/five factions in a single story that needs to win back the fans would be too much. The story needs to be concise and can't just be a nostalgia fest.

EDIT: I certainly agree with the return of Lord Hood though, and co-op was confirmed for every future FPS Halo in 2017 (I think) by Bonnie. Pretty sure that was meant for both the campaign and multiplayer.
The flood have already returned, and there have been tons of hints at them returning to the main games.
I'm well aware the Flood have "returned" in the universe. They were never gone. Chief only contained the latest outbreak. But for the main story, which I see to be CE, 2, 3, 4, and 5, the Flood are gone. Defeated. Bringing them back to the main story would diminish the ending of Halo 3 and the fight against them from CE through 3.
I disagree. Take any individual who has had some life experience (not saying you don't) and ask them if they've ever "fixed" something only to have it "break" again at a later time. Nothing in life is permanent. Unexpected things happen all the time. JMO, but the only way I can see the return of the Flood diminishing the ending of H3 would be if Chief wasn't there to "fix it". And we already know he's in H:I.
That is definitely true for life but life is different to fiction. At the ending of Halo 3, we finished the fight. The Covenant was in ruins, the Halo rings were deactivated, and the Flood was defeated. Finishing the fight was the point of Halo 3. The Flood coming back in a main series game diminishes that. I have absolutely no problem with the Flood being in Halo Wars 2, nor in expanded material. I enjoyed the expansion. But I don't think they shouldn't come back to the main story.
Still disagree... the only way the Flood's return diminishes H3's ending is if their return isn't well thought out by the writer(s). If there were other installations where Flood could've been stored and/or there is a feasible explanation for their return, then nothing (including the fact that it's a work of fiction) says they can't.
That's the thing: it isn't so much a point of could they be brought back but one of should they be brought back to the main story? As I've said, I don't think they should do as their part in the story is complete. Especially so in Halo Infinite. The game's story already has enough to juggle. But as with any fiction, something can be added or re-added, so long as it is done seamlessly and makes sense.
What if they come back as a sort of side story? maybe even in multiplayer?
If the Flood come back, they need to be the focus, as they're essentially the ultimate antagonist of the Halo series.
But I could have sworn that was the covenant, the enemy in the games is the covenant and I would call the flood just another enemy
Im pretty hyped!!!
And so are a lot of people it's just people are also nervous because Halo 5 was a complete flop
WWelchIII wrote:
Campaign:
So hopefully in the Campaign you bring back Lord Hood, the Flood, the Didact and the missing Covienant members aka the Brutes, Profits, Buggers, Engineers, and Skirmishers. Let us know what happens to Gabriel Thorn sense he was replaced with Buck. Keep Fireteam Osirs and the Warden Eternal don’t just get rid of them like you did with thorn. Make sure the Halo Wars(2) Characters are In Halo 6 or Infinity. And most importantly make sure the Arbiter is in it! Also everyone that is in Halo 5 needs too return! And Co-Op

Multiplayer:
Playable Elites
Co-Op
Bringing back the Flood in a main-series game could diminish the ending of Halo 3. It also wouldn't make sense to those that only play the main games. Considering one of the main complaints about Halo 5's campaign being that the player needed to know a load of lore to understand the story, I don't see this happening. The books should expand the universe but the games should be the main story, and shouldn't really be affected by them. Say that Cortana was lost during 'First Strike' and wasn't in Halo 2, but it was only mildly referred to and not explained. It wouldn't make any sense to most of the players. Same principle for the return of the Flood, in my opinion, if to a lesser degree.

In addition to this, having four/five factions in a single story that needs to win back the fans would be too much. The story needs to be concise and can't just be a nostalgia fest.

EDIT: I certainly agree with the return of Lord Hood though, and co-op was confirmed for every future FPS Halo in 2017 (I think) by Bonnie. Pretty sure that was meant for both the campaign and multiplayer.
The flood have already returned, and there have been tons of hints at them returning to the main games.
I'm well aware the Flood have "returned" in the universe. They were never gone. Chief only contained the latest outbreak. But for the main story, which I see to be CE, 2, 3, 4, and 5, the Flood are gone. Defeated. Bringing them back to the main story would diminish the ending of Halo 3 and the fight against them from CE through 3.
I get what your saying don't get me wrong, but Halo Wars 2- as you know - takes place in the main story. Well not really but I think you know what I mean. If the Flood were to return in Infinite, it would show just how hard they are to defeat. Although our beloved characters endured many hardships with the Flood during CE, 2 , and 3, the Flood - as you said - were never defeated. In the expansive lore, you can see that flood outbreaks happen either very often, or very rarely. Also, think about this. Halo 4, 5, and 6 all take part in the Reclaimer saga. Dealing heavily with the Prometheans, and Forerunners. The Forerunners had in all out war with the flood. Therefore, it would not be out of line for the flood to return in saga containing the Forerunners. Besides, it has been hinted that Cortana has been infected with the logic plague, a Flood made virus specifically designed for AI's. This could mean the Flood are using her to take control of the Mantle of Responsibility.
In a comment back to another post, I expanded my view and said that I would be fine with the Flood returning so long as it was done well (obviously) and wasn't done in Halo Infinite. The game just has too much to clean up after Halo 5. Maybe they can be in the next trilogy/second half of the saga and only have hints in Halo Infinite. But even though I'm completely fine with it, I still believe it would diminish the ending Halo 3 because it goes against 'finishing the fight'.

Arguably, you could say that I shouldn't like the Covenant being in the new games because we finished the fight against them too. In a way, I don't. I think CE to 3 was a great story and had the perfect ending of Chief laying in the cryogenic pod. It bookended the trilogy and I see it as THE main story, with everything else being expanded material. Hmm...It's late where I am so I'm not sure how to explain this properly but I like stories that have an end that fits the beginning, if that makes sense? It doesn't really matter because that's going off topic...
I guess I understand what your saying, but I personally would still like to see the flood return. I mean think about it, Chief could just have defeated Cortana and then the flood show up and he has to "finish the fight'.
HOLYHEIFER wrote:
Im pretty hyped!!!
And so are a lot of people it's just people are also nervous because Halo 5 was a complete flop
It is 343's make or break moment.
Well it will be interesting how all the factions formed now will fight or... the return of the Flood... what a mess
I want this game on 60fps minimum with 1080p or 4K
Through the years, after all changes, growning old and this is the game I waiting for most of all. Please 343 make a great job with the history and give us back the split screen
WWelchIII wrote:
Campaign:

Multiplayer:
Playable Elites
Co-Op

I disagree. Take any individual who has had some life experience (not saying you don't) and ask them if they've ever "fixed" something only to have it "break" again at a later time. Nothing in life is permanent. Unexpected things happen all the time. JMO, but the only way I can see the return of the Flood diminishing the ending of H3 would be if Chief wasn't there to "fix it". And we already know he's in H:I.
That is definitely true for life but life is different to fiction. At the ending of Halo 3, we finished the fight. The Covenant was in ruins, the Halo rings were deactivated, and the Flood was defeated. Finishing the fight was the point of Halo 3. The Flood coming back in a main series game diminishes that. I have absolutely no problem with the Flood being in Halo Wars 2, nor in expanded material. I enjoyed the expansion. But I don't think they shouldn't come back to the main story.
Still disagree... the only way the Flood's return diminishes H3's ending is if their return isn't well thought out by the writer(s). If there were other installations where Flood could've been stored and/or there is a feasible explanation for their return, then nothing (including the fact that it's a work of fiction) says they can't.
That's the thing: it isn't so much a point of could they be brought back but one of should they be brought back to the main story? As I've said, I don't think they should do as their part in the story is complete. Especially so in Halo Infinite. The game's story already has enough to juggle. But as with any fiction, something can be added or re-added, so long as it is done seamlessly and makes sense.
I see no problem with their return to the main story. Whether or not their part in the story is complete, hence whether or not they should return, is up to the story teller/writer.

Actually, now that I've thought about it, I have a problem with Flood being in expanded material and not in the main story. In H3, Rtas 'Vadum states - "One single Flood spore can destroy a species. Were it not for the Arbiter's counsel, I would have glassed your entire planet!". - Flood is one of, if not the most powerful enemies in the story and I feel that their return in any capacity is no less than main story material. To bring them in via EU with no return to the main story diminishes their formidability as an opponent.
The Flood have never left the EU. They have only left the main story. - Which I take issue with for reasons I stated.- Some of the other Halo rings have Flood samples on them, just as an example. But you're implying that I'd be fine with the Flood doing something huge in the EU that affected the main story, which isn't what I have said at all. - No. You're misinterpreting, I'm implying nothing of the sort. I don't follow EU, so had no idea they never left the EU. I'm not a fan of the most dangerous antagonist in the story being diminished to side story material. Replace "return" with "activity" in my statement to that effect... 'their activity in any capacity is (or should be) no less than main story material.' - I don't believe that the EU should have any real impact on the main story, as it did with Halo 5, because it ends up being a confusing mess to most players. - It's all one story in the end. If we're going to have an EU, it's going to be difficult to keep stories from intertwining lest they both be diminished. The only reason it's a confusing mess is because of 343's inability to bring non EU followers up to speed on the story as it stands in the beginning of H5. Not saying that's an easy task, but if you're [343] going to rely on EU material for the main story then you should damn well find a way to clarify the current state of the story for those who don't follow EU. - You ignored my second remark of saying that I would be fine with the Flood returning, so long as it was done well and not done in Halo Infinite, because the game has enough to deal with. - It should be obvious how I feel about this. I don't feel Flood should be reduced to side story material. Simple (or complicated as the case may be) as that. They found a way to not have to deal with Jul 'Mdama in H5 within a few minutes. Of course, this pissed off a lot of fans. Not being big on EU, I can't honestly say how I feel about it, other than to say I can't really weigh in on that issue, so I won't... but it does show that if they feel the need to reduce what the story has to deal with in order to bring back Flood, it certainly can be done. How well it's done would be contentious anyway, because the game's fans are definitely passionate. - I still think it would diminish the ending of Halo 3 but that doesn't mean I'm completely against the idea. Well, IMO they've already diminished the Flood's capacity as an enemy, so here we are.
HOLYHEIFER wrote:
Im pretty hyped!!!
It is 343's make or break moment.
Honestly, I agree with you, this is a chance for 343 to surprise us or impress us, this game could restore trust and faith in the company and it's halo games.
hypeee
HOLYHEIFER wrote:
HOLYHEIFER wrote:
WWelchIII wrote:
Campaign:

Multiplayer:
Playable Elites
Co-Op

If the Flood come back, they need to be the focus, as they're essentially the ultimate antagonist of the Halo series.
But I could have sworn that was the covenant, the enemy in the games is the covenant and I would call the flood just another enemy
The series is literally named after the weapon that beats them. The Covenant certainly are an antagonist but they aren't the ultimate antagonist of the series.
WWelchIII wrote:
Campaign:

Multiplayer:
Playable Elites
Co-Op

I get what your saying don't get me wrong, but Halo Wars 2- as you know - takes place in the main story. Well not really but I think you know what I mean. If the Flood were to return in Infinite, it would show just how hard they are to defeat. Although our beloved characters endured many hardships with the Flood during CE, 2 , and 3, the Flood - as you said - were never defeated. In the expansive lore, you can see that flood outbreaks happen either very often, or very rarely. Also, think about this. Halo 4, 5, and 6 all take part in the Reclaimer saga. Dealing heavily with the Prometheans, and Forerunners. The Forerunners had in all out war with the flood. Therefore, it would not be out of line for the flood to return in saga containing the Forerunners. Besides, it has been hinted that Cortana has been infected with the logic plague, a Flood made virus specifically designed for AI's. This could mean the Flood are using her to take control of the Mantle of Responsibility.
In a comment back to another post, I expanded my view and said that I would be fine with the Flood returning so long as it was done well (obviously) and wasn't done in Halo Infinite. The game just has too much to clean up after Halo 5. Maybe they can be in the next trilogy/second half of the saga and only have hints in Halo Infinite. But even though I'm completely fine with it, I still believe it would diminish the ending Halo 3 because it goes against 'finishing the fight'.

Arguably, you could say that I shouldn't like the Covenant being in the new games because we finished the fight against them too. In a way, I don't. I think CE to 3 was a great story and had the perfect ending of Chief laying in the cryogenic pod. It bookended the trilogy and I see it as THE main story, with everything else being expanded material. Hmm...It's late where I am so I'm not sure how to explain this properly but I like stories that have an end that fits the beginning, if that makes sense? It doesn't really matter because that's going off topic...
I guess I understand what your saying, but I personally would still like to see the flood return. I mean think about it, Chief could just have defeated Cortana and then the flood show up and he has to "finish the fight'.
But that's the thing. We've already finished the fight. Doing it again diminishes the first.
HOLYHEIFER wrote:
HOLYHEIFER wrote:
WWelchIII wrote:
Campaign:

Multiplayer:
Playable Elites
Co-Op

The series is literally named after the weapon that beats them. The Covenant certainly are an antagonist but they aren't the ultimate antagonist of the series.
Yes! Thank you! I was just about to say the same thing. The game is named after the very weapon the Forerunners created to defeat the one enemy that wiped them out. The Flood IS the main antagonist of the games storyline. The Covenant has just been the most consistent.
WWelchIII wrote:
Campaign:

Multiplayer:
Playable Elites
Co-Op

I see no problem with their return to the main story. Whether or not their part in the story is complete, hence whether or not they should return, is up to the story teller/writer.

Actually, now that I've thought about it, I have a problem with Flood being in expanded material and not in the main story. In H3, Rtas 'Vadum states - "One single Flood spore can destroy a species. Were it not for the Arbiter's counsel, I would have glassed your entire planet!". - Flood is one of, if not the most powerful enemies in the story and I feel that their return in any capacity is no less than main story material. To bring them in via EU with no return to the main story diminishes their formidability as an opponent.
Had to delete your previous reply due to character limit.

I just don't see how you can take issue with them leaving the main story or see them as being diminished. Defeating them was the point of the story. It's going to get really boring if the Flood keep coming back every 10 years and need to be wiped out, again. When I said they're in the EU, I didn't mean that there's a huge war between them and the UNSC that nobody mentions in the games. I just meant that the Flood still exist. There hasn't been any outbreaks (as far as I know) between Halo 3 and Halo Wars 2 (chronologically). They're just contained as samples.

To expand my point about the EU not really affecting the main story, I meant that I think the books/comics/etc should only be expansive. A comic on Master Chief that details some time before Halo CE or maybe one on the build up to the next part of the main story, is fine. But having a comic that continues the main story past Halo 5 isn't, as most gamers won't read it. Jul was just the antagonist of Spartan Ops and a few comics. To most players, it didn't matter that he was killed in the first mission of Halo 5. A bit confusing who the guy is but doesn't really matter. Just some Elite. It was just annoying to those that expected more. But the main story of Halo 5 can't really be reduced. It's the main story. Jul was just from expanded material.
antdr0id wrote:
No release date?!?!
2020 probably:/
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 97