2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. ...
  9. 94
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
If there's one thing I want to see from Halo: Infinite, it's the return of Pvt. Chips Dubbo (hopefully higher ranked by this stage). Failing that, I guess I could settle for his younger brother, Wedge.
Thank you for finally brining back the old art style
Graphics look amazing!!
Some of these look amazing!!
Can not wait for this, Master Chief armor is toned down so i see this being a earlier game.
WWelchIII wrote:
Campaign:
So hopefully in the Campaign you bring back Lord Hood, the Flood, the Didact and the missing Covienant members aka the Brutes, Profits, Buggers, Engineers, and Skirmishers. Let us know what happens to Gabriel Thorn sense he was replaced with Buck. Keep Fireteam Osirs and the Warden Eternal don’t just get rid of them like you did with thorn. Make sure the Halo Wars(2) Characters are In Halo 6 or Infinity. And most importantly make sure the Arbiter is in it! Also everyone that is in Halo 5 needs too return! And Co-Op

Multiplayer:
Playable Elites
Co-Op
Bringing back the Flood in a main-series game could diminish the ending of Halo 3. It also wouldn't make sense to those that only play the main games. Considering one of the main complaints about Halo 5's campaign being that the player needed to know a load of lore to understand the story, I don't see this happening. The books should expand the universe but the games should be the main story, and shouldn't really be affected by them. Say that Cortana was lost during 'First Strike' and wasn't in Halo 2, but it was only mildly referred to and not explained. It wouldn't make any sense to most of the players. Same principle for the return of the Flood, in my opinion, if to a lesser degree.

In addition to this, having four/five factions in a single story that needs to win back the fans would be too much. The story needs to be concise and can't just be a nostalgia fest.

EDIT: I certainly agree with the return of Lord Hood though, and co-op was confirmed for every future FPS Halo in 2017 (I think) by Bonnie. Pretty sure that was meant for both the campaign and multiplayer.
The flood have already returned, and there have been tons of hints at them returning to the main games.
I'm well aware the Flood have "returned" in the universe. They were never gone. Chief only contained the latest outbreak. But for the main story, which I see to be CE, 2, 3, 4, and 5, the Flood are gone. Defeated. Bringing them back to the main story would diminish the ending of Halo 3 and the fight against them from CE through 3.
I disagree. Take any individual who has had some life experience (not saying you don't) and ask them if they've ever "fixed" something only to have it "break" again at a later time. Nothing in life is permanent. Unexpected things happen all the time. JMO, but the only way I can see the return of the Flood diminishing the ending of H3 would be if Chief wasn't there to "fix it". And we already know he's in H:I.
That is definitely true for life but life is different to fiction. At the ending of Halo 3, we finished the fight. The Covenant was in ruins, the Halo rings were deactivated, and the Flood was defeated. Finishing the fight was the point of Halo 3. The Flood coming back in a main series game diminishes that. I have absolutely no problem with the Flood being in Halo Wars 2, nor in expanded material. I enjoyed the expansion. But I don't think they shouldn't come back to the main story.
Still disagree... the only way the Flood's return diminishes H3's ending is if their return isn't well thought out by the writer(s). If there were other installations where Flood could've been stored and/or there is a feasible explanation for their return, then nothing (including the fact that it's a work of fiction) says they can't.
That's the thing: it isn't so much a point of could they be brought back but one of should they be brought back to the main story? As I've said, I don't think they should do as their part in the story is complete. Especially so in Halo Infinite. The game's story already has enough to juggle. But as with any fiction, something can be added or re-added, so long as it is done seamlessly and makes sense.
I see no problem with their return to the main story. Whether or not their part in the story is complete, hence whether or not they should return, is up to the story teller/writer.

Actually, now that I've thought about it, I have a problem with Flood being in expanded material and not in the main story. In H3, Rtas 'Vadum states - "One single Flood spore can destroy a species. Were it not for the Arbiter's counsel, I would have glassed your entire planet!". - Flood is one of, if not the most powerful enemies in the story and I feel that their return in any capacity is no less than main story material. To bring them in via EU with no return to the main story diminishes their formidability as an opponent.
* Also - Had to delete your previous reply due to character limit.
I wasn't really saying that I take issue with them leaving the main story, per se. But I don't feel that their Forerunner replacements have captured an audience like Flood did. They certainly didn't for me. I'd rather fight Flood than Forerunners all day, every day.

I'll say it's a fair enough point, if the flood is simply a tension point for side stories and there is no accidental releases. If that's the case, then I guess I can't see their capacity as an enemy to be diminished. If they're released, however, that's entirely different.

I'm don't mean this in a sarcastic way at all and don't take it as being rude, but I think you're placing too much emphasis on the subtitle of H3. It's just a subtitle... and while I do agree that the point of the story was to 'Finish The Fight', that's quite a different concept than Finish The Story. Nor does it mean "Finish The War". "Finish The Battle" doesn't roll off the tongue very well, but battle and fight are virtually synonymous. And I don't know many people who've never heard the old saying about 'winning one battle doesn't mean you've won the war.' The way I see it, Chief finished that particular fight, no less than that, but certainly no more. That, to me, doesn't imply that either the Flood or the Covenant are finished 'forever' in any way at all. If Flood exist in any capacity, then their return can be a viable option for the [main] story at any time. I get what you're saying with it diminishing the ending of H3, but I disagree when put in context of the Halo universe as a whole.

The original Gears of War released in '06 and we've been fighting the same enemy ever since. But I'm not getting tired of it and it's not getting old because they keep changing and evolving. Just like Flood does. I'm not on board with the idea that it would get old, unless they're poorly developed.

As for not being able to 'reduce' the story, you've said that twice, but haven't described just why you think H5's story is too busy for their inclusion. I don't think it is. The Flood is the ultimate antagonist because (IMO) they don't discriminate. They attack/consume any living organism that will sustain them. Depending upon how desperate the races that have decided to resist Cortana have become, it isn't that far fetched (to me) to see one of those races being stupid enough to try and use Flood as last ditch effort, scorched earth type tactic.
The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – *w*
i am very excited for the new game and i think it will be released in 2019
i love halo and everything about i can't wait for it.
Can not wait for this, Master Chief armor is toned down so i see this being a earlier game.
It is a sequel not a prequel. That is guaranteed.
It is a sequel not a prequel. That is guaranteed.
I'm pretty sure they confirmed that at some point.
XFitDaddy wrote:
Can we get a release date for the release date?
  • "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
I'm pretty excited for the return of the art style, but I hope the gameplay doesn't change drastically I'm actually pretty used to boost, spartan charge, and sprint now. When I go back to the earlier games they seem very slow paced to me.
EVERYONE44 wrote:
XFitDaddy wrote:
Lol
I'm pretty excited for the return of the art style, but I hope the gameplay doesn't change drastically I'm actually pretty used to boost, spartan charge, and sprint now. When I go back to the earlier games they seem very slow paced to me.
I have played since the induction of Halo as a franchise and gotta say I also rather enjoy having the boost and Sprint in particular. I wouldn't be too upset if they removed the Spartan charge and ground pound from the next game but If it stayed it wouldn't be a game changer or anything for me either.
Believe.
EVERYONE44 wrote:
XFitDaddy wrote:
lol destiny reference
EVERYONE44 wrote:
XFitDaddy wrote:
If he cant walk the walk then he shouldnt talk the talk my friend
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. ...
  9. 94