1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 89
The game looks beautiful, and I do understand what a massive undertaking building a new engine is...BUT after waiting 3 YEARS (the lifecycle for literally EVERY other Halo game besides 4), this trailer seems like a slap in the face. 3 years...and they literally give us nothing. Not only that, but it looks like we're going to see a 2020 release date at the earliest. In modern times, that's a frankly ridiculous product cycle. By then, Halo will not be relevant. They talk about a beta, but give no timeframe whatsoever. I hope we get a REAL trailer, update or timeline soon because even as a 17 year Halo fan, this is truly messed up.
Interesting point: the date in the pelican monitor is 05.27.2560, we will have to research how many days or months separates this from Halo 5 and Wars 2.

In the pelican there is also a banner that says: "Fight for her" and other words, this is a reference to a similar banner in Halo 3: ODST
HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT WHAT THE TEXT SAYS AT THE START YET?
Quote:
The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engine, Halo Infinite was revealed at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing with a thrilling engine demo that provides a glimpse into the future of the Halo franchise, leading it into new and unexpected directions.

Read the announcement blog here and watch the full trailer here!
This looks beautiful. The tone & style of this teaser/demo are perfect; very much in line with the sense of wonder and mystery that made Halo 1 so special. It manages to have a distinct, classic-Halo feel while dropping hints at how that classic-feel and everything that goes along with it (even the gameplay) can be expanded and adopted for current generation gaming. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up, but the way this demo spotlights various, distinct environments and new wildlife, coupled with the statement "a glimpse into the future of the Halo franchise, leading it into new and unexpected directions" leads me (and I'm sure others) to think "open world". And that would be spectacular, a breath of fresh air after experiencing the rigid, increasingly anachronistic campaigns in all FPSs, not just more recent Halos.

Again, don't want to get my hopes up too much based on this brief glimpse, but if this trailer is indicative, in any way, of actual gameplay, you can infer some basic narrative and structural elements of how an open world Halo could work: we see some stranded Marines have set up a flair, we ride off to save them. Take that basic principle and broaden it. Imagine having a massive portion of a Halo-ring to explore as the Chief - discovering ancient tech, encountering strange new wildlife, getting into fights with monsters, and rescuing those in need.

Loved it. Perfect direction with the art style and tone, in particular. Bravo and keep it up 343.
Not so much a proper teaser of the actual game, but of what’s to come from future Halo franchise. I believe they showed off the engine well. This is good news for Halo so far. How long has it been since we’ve been fighting for a more classic art style. I’m so glad I don’t have to look at those Star Wars-Esque forerunner architecture. We are actually getting real texture back :D and no more baby smooth clean surfaces.

The rocks, sand, grass, skybox all look great. And ohhhh man, I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone mentioned this... THAT HALO WATER LOOKS ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT. The entire space and atmosphere looks grand again, which is a plus for Dynamic Halo missions. I’m loving the Master Chief armor and OG marines! As a ride or die Halo can, I have all the patience in the world for 343 to deliver us a full quality Halo game. Bring this one home for us 343, and of course, for yourselves. We will see just how much you’ve learned from out feedback.
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
Will we have splitscreen? That was the one thing sorely lacking from Halo 5.
Honestly I’m very excited to see what this new Halo will bring us and from the many things I expected to see at e3 this year this change of direction was definitely on the lower end of possibilities.

I really like where they are going with the new (old) artstyle and them taking their time to listen to us and build everything from the ground up with the help of the community, however I’m concerned that it will take a veeeeery long time for this game to come out as there are still loads of job offers on their new website...

So most likely they are at the early stages of development of this new title as this was a tech demo for the engine and not the game.
On the bright side this means they are really trying their best and take their time to deliver a great Halo experience, but this also means there will be a long period of time without a new halo game (my guess 2-3 years) and it will be super hard to keep us interested in the franchise for that long...

Even now I can’t really express how I should feel about this whole situation, it’s a mix between hype and disappointment.
I just want to say thank you to 343i, if there's a chance that at least one of them see this it will be enough. Thank you for finally understand, for finally realize.
I've been too far from Halo in the last 2 years, for good reasons and you 343i and the fans on the forums probably know those. While I never stopped following the "news" and keeping an eye on Halo, I couldn't play anymore. In the past 2 years I never have missed Halo that much, it was hard not to play my favorite franchise. I did replay all the campaigns a few times but I just couldn't stay anymore, playing multiplayer every days like I used to. I needed a break, for the first time since 2002 (I'm from Europe) because Halo wasn't the same anymore.

You may think I'm weird, but today, some hours before the conference, I was just having a good feeling. That feeling, that you 343i will do it. You'll understand, and you will bring Halo back. I knew it, for the first time in 2 years my feeling changed. And weirdly enough, it happened. Halo has always been a huge part of my life, of me. This event, proves it again. I just knew it. Now, it is time. For a Halo fan to be back, and for you, 343i to prove me I'm right.

Now it's your chance to bring Halo back to Halo.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Believe
343i said all (mainline?) halo games going forward will have splitscreen.
This game looks phenomenal so far and I am super hype for it. I am curious though to chief putting Cortana’s chip in his helmet. Isn’t she a foe now? Or could it be a new AI? Also didn’t Cortana change chief’s armor while he was in cryo sleep between 3 and 4 so how did his armor revert back to his 2/3 style after 5 and Locke cracking his helmet and all that? Or is it just concept art? Besides that, I’m glad we got news on a new main line halo game, I hope it performs well. I can’t wait!
pretty sure they mentioned all future halo titles will have splitscreen
I got so happy and excited when I saw the helmet! Thank you guys sooo much I can’t wait!
I would like a little bit more details..... you know like story
I don't want to be a debbie-downer, but why is everyone so "thankful" right now? I mean, Master Chief has his old armor and there's animals, but there really isn't that much that we know of at all. It just feels a little premature is all. I think we need gamplay first.
It's time to get excited for Halo again
Couple things:
-Halo will finally involve a Halo again
-This better not be a third person shotter
- Why does a Halo have bison, rhinos, exc.
- at the end when he is putting in the AI chip to his helmet Hopefully it I Johnson transformed into a AI😅
- the graphics look a lot more like halo
- and why did they give us no dang clue on who the enemy is?!!
I have my reservations on what to expect going forward, but I do remain quite optimistic. This new engine demo looks gorgeous, the nudge to the old art style coming back to the Halo franchise really got me excited. I can tell that there was a lot of love, time, and hard work put into this. I think that John's classic MK VI needs a bit of an overhaul. It just looked a bit plastic, and the body proportions where too thin for that of a real human being let alone a Spartan. I can't wait to hear more about this game down the road. Thank's 343 for paying attention to the community, I hope that the narrative story of this game is as good as the new engines graphics. Keep up the good work, love you all.
antdr0id wrote:
No release date?!?!
Probably 2019.
- Why does a Halo have bison, rhinos, exc.
Halos are a place to store thousands of different species of animal in an attempt to preserve them from the destructive blast of the Array, so that once fired they can be used to eventually repopulate worlds
- and why did they give us no dang clue on who the enemy is?!!
The teaser that was shows was just a tech demo, gameplay and story will come at a future date :)
congrats to the team, this engine looks really nice. i hope it will run just fine on og xbox one, with 4 player split-screen co-op (and pvp) and a stable 60 (or at least 30) fps.
now, whatever you do, gaas, open-world, good luck to you finding the right balance with the mechanics, systems etc...
this tech demo is hitting the right spots, visually (and sonically) but we yet have to see how it plays.
keep up the good work, take all the time you need, and enjoy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 89