2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 65
For a long time we have asked, begged, and complained and wanted the original art style to return. Not only does it look like it's returning but you have mixed the new and old together which looks beautiful 343. I kinda wished this is how you would've started your time with Halo, BUT better later than never. I can't wait to see what comes our way in the future. I can't wait to see what other amazing things are in store for us. And I hope the team from Halo eldewrito help you guys with this next game. I can only imagine what will come out of both of you working together.
I don't believe that they will drop this title before the next gen. console comes out. I'm looking forward to it looks awesome. Would like to see some more gameplay but there's plenty of time for that.
I don't believe that they will drop this title before the next gen. console comes out. I'm looking forward to it looks awesome. Would like to see some more gameplay but there's plenty of time for that.
frank confirmed its current gen
I can't wait. I'm buying the legendary edition and an Xbox One X just for this game!
super exited to see what 343 has brought to halo infinite with Master Chief and maybe blue team and Master Chief with possible a new AI or new Cortana (like the other half of her or something like that) and possible new weapons,the flood coming back and more stuff that theybring back or make
WWelchIII wrote:
Campaign:
So hopefully in the Campaign you bring back Lord Hood, the Flood, the Didact and the missing Covienant members aka the Brutes, Profits, Buggers, Engineers, and Skirmishers. Let us know what happens to Gabriel Thorn sense he was replaced with Buck. Keep Fireteam Osirs and the Warden Eternal don’t just get rid of them like you did with thorn. Make sure the Halo Wars(2) Characters are In Halo 6 or Infinity. And most importantly make sure the Arbiter is in it! Also everyone that is in Halo 5 needs too return! And Co-Op

Multiplayer:
Playable Elites
Co-Op
Bringing back the Flood in a main-series game could diminish the ending of Halo 3. It also wouldn't make sense to those that only play the main games. Considering one of the main complaints about Halo 5's campaign being that the player needed to know a load of lore to understand the story, I don't see this happening. The books should expand the universe but the games should be the main story, and shouldn't really be affected by them. Say that Cortana was lost during 'First Strike' and wasn't in Halo 2, but it was only mildly referred to and not explained. It wouldn't make any sense to most of the players. Same principle for the return of the Flood, in my opinion, if to a lesser degree.

In addition to this, having four/five factions in a single story that needs to win back the fans would be too much. The story needs to be concise and can't just be a nostalgia fest.

EDIT: I certainly agree with the return of Lord Hood though, and co-op was confirmed for every future FPS Halo in 2017 (I think) by Bonnie. Pretty sure that was meant for both the campaign and multiplayer.
The flood have already returned, and there have been tons of hints at them returning to the main games.
I'm well aware the Flood have "returned" in the universe. They were never gone. Chief only contained the latest outbreak. But for the main story, which I see to be CE, 2, 3, 4, and 5, the Flood are gone. Defeated. Bringing them back to the main story would diminish the ending of Halo 3 and the fight against them from CE through 3.
I disagree. Take any individual who has had some life experience (not saying you don't) and ask them if they've ever "fixed" something only to have it "break" again at a later time. Nothing in life is permanent. Unexpected things happen all the time. JMO, but the only way I can see the return of the Flood diminishing the ending of H3 would be if Chief wasn't there to "fix it". And we already know he's in H:I.
That is definitely true for life but life is different to fiction. At the ending of Halo 3, we finished the fight. The Covenant was in ruins, the Halo rings were deactivated, and the Flood was defeated. Finishing the fight was the point of Halo 3. The Flood coming back in a main series game diminishes that. I have absolutely no problem with the Flood being in Halo Wars 2, nor in expanded material. I enjoyed the expansion. But I don't think they shouldn't come back to the main story.
Still disagree... the only way the Flood's return diminishes H3's ending is if their return isn't well thought out by the writer(s). If there were other installations where Flood could've been stored and/or there is a feasible explanation for their return, then nothing (including the fact that it's a work of fiction) says they can't.
That's the thing: it isn't so much a point of could they be brought back but one of should they be brought back to the main story? As I've said, I don't think they should do as their part in the story is complete. Especially so in Halo Infinite. The game's story already has enough to juggle. But as with any fiction, something can be added or re-added, so long as it is done seamlessly and makes sense.
I see no problem with their return to the main story. Whether or not their part in the story is complete, hence whether or not they should return, is up to the story teller/writer.

Actually, now that I've thought about it, I have a problem with Flood being in expanded material and not in the main story. In H3, Rtas 'Vadum states - "One single Flood spore can destroy a species. Were it not for the Arbiter's counsel, I would have glassed your entire planet!". - Flood is one of, if not the most powerful enemies in the story and I feel that their return in any capacity is no less than main story material. To bring them in via EU with no return to the main story diminishes their formidability as an opponent.
* Also - Had to delete your previous reply due to character limit.
**Had to delete reply again
I definitely agree that the Flood were done much better than the Forerunners but from the lore (which you've said you haven't really looked into), the Forerunners definitely have the potential to be better. But considering the writing (overall) is poorer than it was, it doesn't seem completely fair to compare the two. The Flood certainly are more compelling in the games though.

I possibly am focusing a tad too much on the tag line for Halo 3 but from all the build up, trailers, and story, it felt like it was the end of the fight/war. But I also agree that for the Halo universe as a whole, their return would be fine. Although, I still don't think they should be re-introduced into the main series games as an antagonist in Halo Infinite. The reason I say that Halo 5's story can't be reduced is more that I don't think it should be. It left numerous questions and plot threads that I think should be addressed first before bringing the Flood back into the fold. It was frustrating as hell that (slight tangent) The Last Jedi just dropped a load of plot points from The Force Awakens, so I'd prefer that not be the case from Halo 5 to Halo Infinite.
Really loving the art style but I hope halo can keep the new armour abilities aka sprint and maybe thrust but take out gp and sc. Really looking forward to the new halo game🔥
The trailer is amazing and got me really hyped for halo infinite but it left a few interesting questions that will be unanswered for awhile or even until the game comes out.

I'm so hyped to find out who the new ai is i've read interesting theories about who it could be. Also i'm hyped for chief's new armour and the lore behind the change. If blue team or fireteam osiris don't appear in this gane as it is a chief focused narrative could they return in a later installment or perhaps their own sidegame or a book would be awesome
I do wish there was more to the trailer, I.e. a release date. It did show that there’s an AI so I’m excited to see who or what that one is.
That's F* awesome can't wait then something my X can finally play LOL.
Thank you Forum Team, very cool!
yep im thinking end of 2019
esto es halo 3 aniversario XD jejeje es increíble, espero ver al equipo de osiris.
this is halo 3 aniversary XD hehehe is incredible I hope to see the osiris team.
I really can't wait for it hope it's gonna be good
Now here's on for you since Microsoft has worked so hard to make the Pc and xbox along with other devices interchangeable will this be true cross platform since the Xbox one X reads a keyboard and mouse as a controller? Something to think about 343 for Infinity.
Now here's on for you since Microsoft has worked so hard to make the Pc and xbox along with other devices interchangeable will this be true cross platform since the Xbox one X reads a keyboard and mouse as a controller? Something to think about 343 for Infinity.
ive heard rumors of Microsoft working with razer for mouse and keyboard support for xbox one
Been hearing it might be open world which i would love to see cause itd be very interesting to see but with recent feedback of previous titles, it was a good choice to go back to the roots of the game to see what made halo, halo.

Halo: Infinite is a halo that appeals to both old and new players. Old veterans were not happy with the sudden shift of story and art change, while newer players didnt see it because it was fun for them.

Now that the old art style is back mostly, it seems like a good balance, the br the marines hold seem to be the same as H5 or H4, chiefs armor also seems to have a very big inspiration from H3 from what im seeing but the silhouette of the armor feels a little like the newer armor.

In general i think this is the perfect balance between the two styles, Halo: Infinite is a game i for sure am looking forward to
TheZambiez wrote:
Been hearing it might be open world which i would love to see cause itd be very interesting to see but with recent feedback of previous titles, it was a good choice to go back to the roots of the game to see what made halo, halo.

Halo: Infinite is a halo that appeals to both old and new players. Old veterans were not happy with the sudden shift of story and art change, while newer players didnt see it because it was fun for them.

Now that the old art style is back mostly, it seems like a good balance, the br the marines hold seem to be the same as H5 or H4, chiefs armor also seems to have a very big inspiration from H3 from what im seeing but the silhouette of the armor feels a little like the newer armor.

In general i think this is the perfect balance between the two styles, Halo: Infinite is a game i for sure am looking forward to
nailed it on the head I wonder if gameplay is going back to the roots as well
Can not wait for this, Master Chief armor is toned down so i see this being a earlier game.
It is a sequel not a prequel. That is guaranteed.
I'm pretty sure they confirmed that at some point.
ok, sweet i must of missed that part.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 65