2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 97
I don't care how or why, but please could you address why the armour has changed in the game. I feel that it would be quite odd to have no reference to the fact that the main character looks noticeably different in this game compared to the last.

(It was hinted at that Cortana changed the Chief's armour in Halo 4.)
I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. Does it pick up where 5 left off?
Just my two cents here. Halo reach was my favourite of all and it had a lot to do with playing as my own Spartan. H5 could have been better to me anyways if it did the same. Instead of Locke that is. So I'm wondering/hoping that if there are levels where we don't play as master chief, we could play the campaign as our own Spartans? Full customization and 4 player co op would probably put it on top.
Just my two cents here. Halo reach was my favourite of all and it had a lot to do with playing as my own Spartan. H5 could have been better to me anyways if it did the same. Instead of Locke that is. So I'm wondering/hoping that if there are levels where we don't play as master chief, we could play the campaign as our own Spartans? Full customization and 4 player co op would probably put it on top.
they said fully focused on chief splitscreen is back unknown if 2 or 4 player though
they said fully focused on chief splitscreen is back unknown if 2 or 4 player though
Disregard my last then. Lol. I am still looking for another halo similar to reach though. Maybe an odst version of reach. But that's for another forum I suppose.
Halo 2 and 3 in their prime had 500k+ people playing at all times.

The population of halo has slowly declined since Reach was released.

Here's my 2 cents and my opinion of a winning formula for success.

1. Make the next halo similar to halo 2/3. Don't add abilities and try to mimic COD or any other games out there. That's what made Halo successful in the first place.

2. Add a 1-50 ranking system. The ranking system kept players on the game for hours on end trying to hit the next level to brag to their friends.

3. Bring back old popular maps. (Guardian, Lockout, Pit, Heretic.. etc)

4. Add a killer Forge.

= Millions of dollars in revenue

This formula would bring back the population and would bring back competitive halo.
WWelchIII wrote:
Campaign:
So hopefully in the Campaign you bring back Lord Hood, the Flood, the Didact and the missing Covienant members aka the Brutes, Profits, Buggers, Engineers, and Skirmishers. Let us know what happens to Gabriel Thorn sense he was replaced with Buck. Keep Fireteam Osirs and the Warden Eternal don’t just get rid of them like you did with thorn. Make sure the Halo Wars(2) Characters are In Halo 6 or Infinity. And most importantly make sure the Arbiter is in it! Also everyone that is in Halo 5 needs too return! And Co-Op

Multiplayer:
Playable Elites
Co-Op
Bringing back the Flood in a main-series game could diminish the ending of Halo 3. It also wouldn't make sense to those that only play the main games. Considering one of the main complaints about Halo 5's campaign being that the player needed to know a load of lore to understand the story, I don't see this happening. The books should expand the universe but the games should be the main story, and shouldn't really be affected by them. Say that Cortana was lost during 'First Strike' and wasn't in Halo 2, but it was only mildly referred to and not explained. It wouldn't make any sense to most of the players. Same principle for the return of the Flood, in my opinion, if to a lesser degree.

In addition to this, having four/five factions in a single story that needs to win back the fans would be too much. The story needs to be concise and can't just be a nostalgia fest.

EDIT: I certainly agree with the return of Lord Hood though, and co-op was confirmed for every future FPS Halo in 2017 (I think) by Bonnie. Pretty sure that was meant for both the campaign and multiplayer.
The flood have already returned, and there have been tons of hints at them returning to the main games.
I'm well aware the Flood have "returned" in the universe. They were never gone. Chief only contained the latest outbreak. But for the main story, which I see to be CE, 2, 3, 4, and 5, the Flood are gone. Defeated. Bringing them back to the main story would diminish the ending of Halo 3 and the fight against them from CE through 3.
I disagree. Take any individual who has had some life experience (not saying you don't) and ask them if they've ever "fixed" something only to have it "break" again at a later time. Nothing in life is permanent. Unexpected things happen all the time. JMO, but the only way I can see the return of the Flood diminishing the ending of H3 would be if Chief wasn't there to "fix it". And we already know he's in H:I.
That is definitely true for life but life is different to fiction. At the ending of Halo 3, we finished the fight. The Covenant was in ruins, the Halo rings were deactivated, and the Flood was defeated. Finishing the fight was the point of Halo 3. The Flood coming back in a main series game diminishes that. I have absolutely no problem with the Flood being in Halo Wars 2, nor in expanded material. I enjoyed the expansion. But I don't think they shouldn't come back to the main story.
Still disagree... the only way the Flood's return diminishes H3's ending is if their return isn't well thought out by the writer(s). If there were other installations where Flood could've been stored and/or there is a feasible explanation for their return, then nothing (including the fact that it's a work of fiction) says they can't.
That's the thing: it isn't so much a point of could they be brought back but one of should they be brought back to the main story? As I've said, I don't think they should do as their part in the story is complete. Especially so in Halo Infinite. The game's story already has enough to juggle. But as with any fiction, something can be added or re-added, so long as it is done seamlessly and makes sense.
I see no problem with their return to the main story. Whether or not their part in the story is complete, hence whether or not they should return, is up to the story teller/writer.

Actually, now that I've thought about it, I have a problem with Flood being in expanded material and not in the main story. In H3, Rtas 'Vadum states - "One single Flood spore can destroy a species. Were it not for the Arbiter's counsel, I would have glassed your entire planet!". - Flood is one of, if not the most powerful enemies in the story and I feel that their return in any capacity is no less than main story material. To bring them in via EU with no return to the main story diminishes their formidability as an opponent.
* Also - Had to delete your previous reply due to character limit.
**Had to delete reply again
I definitely agree that the Flood were done much better than the Forerunners but from the lore (which you've said you haven't really looked into), the Forerunners definitely have the potential to be better. But considering the writing (overall) is poorer than it was, it doesn't seem completely fair to compare the two. The Flood certainly are more compelling in the games though.

I possibly am focusing a tad too much on the tag line for Halo 3 but from all the build up, trailers, and story, it felt like it was the end of the fight/war. But I also agree that for the Halo universe as a whole, their return would be fine. Although, I still don't think they should be re-introduced into the main series games as an antagonist in Halo Infinite. The reason I say that Halo 5's story can't be reduced is more that I don't think it should be. It left numerous questions and plot threads that I think should be addressed first before bringing the Flood back into the fold. It was frustrating as hell that (slight tangent) The Last Jedi just dropped a load of plot points from The Force Awakens, so I'd prefer that not be the case from Halo 5 to Halo Infinite.
I get that. I'm sure that Forerunners have more potential despite the writing, but it's almost impossible not to compare via the experience of fighting each. More fun (to me) is just more fun regardless of which has more potential.

TBH, if it weren't for the Covies… or a rogue faction thereof... being in our face from the start of H4, I might not be quite so accepting (or wanting) of a Flood return. At least on principle, because H3 did say Finnish The Fight and I certainly won't deny that tag line its impact. But to me, H4 just set the tone for the future being open to both old and new enemies. Elites and etc. are still Elites... regardless of their faction. When the Forerunners failed to deliver on the enjoyment, it was only natural [for me] to wish for something that's already a known quantity.

I guess for me, I have to say that the game play needs to come before the story's shortcomings. If new enemies aren't compelling enough and a return of an old foe could be what is needed to make it more fun, then I say find a way to fit them in. Good writers can accomplish something like that IMO, without making the story too messy. But that's just my take on it.
The next Halo game has been announced and it looks beautimus. In the opening of Xbox's E3 comference, I didn't expect to smile as much as I did when heard the Marty Music and that classic, nostalgic Helmet. That Mk6 v2 Helmet. Lovely.

Story Gameplay trailer and Beta window... Where are you?
Also just wanted to say what I think this game needs to do: EXPLAIN WHAT IS HAPPENING!

I don't know how Halo 6 (?) is going to pick up from where Halo 5 left off. But however it does, I hope it does some sort of Halo 2 type opening with the Master Chief getting his new gear along with his buddies: Arby, Locke, Blue Team, others.
I also wanna know what is going on early in the game. What is Cortana and every other AI gonna do, how they gonna do it and How we are gonna stop it.
Speaking of Arby , I wanna see a full fledged interaction between Chief and Arby. They did ride a Warhog into a ship together!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
A release date in 2018 is all i want
HOLYHEIFER wrote:
Can not wait for this, Master Chief armor is toned down so i see this being a earlier game.
It is a sequel not a prequel. That is guaranteed.
I'm pretty sure they confirmed that at some point.
ok, sweet i must of missed that part.
All the big youtube channels like hiddenxperia and other ones say that it is a sequel
HOLYHEIFER wrote:
HOLYHEIFER wrote:
Can not wait for this, Master Chief armor is toned down so i see this being a earlier game.
It is a sequel not a prequel. That is guaranteed.
I'm pretty sure they confirmed that at some point.
ok, sweet i must of missed that part.
All the big youtube channels like hiddenxperia and other ones say that it is a sequel
yep the blog post after the reveal said that as well
So much desire to play it!
I hope not lose the essence of halo!
K27R wrote:
Exenius wrote:
I can't be the only one that got Jurassic park vibes from the first 1:30 or so right? Either way looks really good glad to see the oldish art style coming back.
Old artsyle? I didn’t realise Halo 1,2,3,4 were so cartoony. I thought they were realistic.
But its not cartoony? That game looks waaay different from H5
Looks sick and thats all i have to say
Looks sick and thats all i have to say
indeed
I’m actually so freaking excited to get this game it’s been forever since I was this hyped for a new game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 97