2. ...
  3. 76
  4. 77
  5. 78
  6. 79
  7. 80
  8. ...
  9. 92
What is with Chief’s Armor, Are we returning back to the Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor Mark VI? Also, in the trailer I see animals such as Rhinos, so is this taking place on a ring or back on Earth?
No one is sure if this is fact, but I’ve heard that in the Halo Spartan Field Manual that there is a GEN 3 of MJOLNIR armor, with GEN 1 being the classic (pre Halo 4) and GEN 2 being the newer (Halo 4-5). In the book GEN 3 is described as incorporating ideas of armor from GEN 1 that supposedly provide better protection. So this isn’t the same armor as before but it was designed to be similar. Other reasons for the armor change could be that since Cortana altered MC’s armor before Halo 4 that it should be swapped out to avoid her from somehow using it.

The game will apparently take place on a Halo, and no ones sure if there will be a level on Earth though I see it as unlikely.

At this point some answers are a combo of speculation and connecting the dots.
If this is truly Halo Infinite, would it make sense to do something similar to Destiny 2? Give you access to multiple worlds and rings? Possibly some space battles like Reach? So, Earth, Onyx, even the world mentioned in Halo: Renegades with all of that forerunner tech? Will we see or interact with Guilty Spark? (Yes, he is alive. Read the book I just mentioned.) Maybe he is the A.I. in the trailer? They are both blue after all.
I doubt that we'll be able to go other places than the halo, because keep in mind this is probably 343's "play it safe" game. Also I think the blue A.I. will probably be either a new one, a copy of Cortana (maybe), or the Durandal one. Durandal is mentioned in the poem that Halo references (I forgot it's name). Either way adding a Durandal character would be cool, since I also like Marathon.
I doubt a $500,000,000 game before marketing costs (Which can hit $300 Million or more. I do not know if that would include Outpost Discovery) would be considered a "Play-it-Safe" game. Seems more like a "Go-Big-or-Go-Home" game. As to the A.I., I can see a Durandal possibility. I have heard of that theory. I myself an not 100% convinced of that. The poem is called The Song of Roland. You can find a translated version here: http://www.yorku.ca/inpar/roland_crosland.pdf a student at the University translated it from Old French to Old English. Roland the A.I. I believe is not named after this Roland due to the clothing choice his avatar has made. A.I.s may choose their voice, avatar, and appearance. Roland chose a Pilot's clothing, an American English accent, and shows different forms of bravery than that of the Roland in the poem. While they were both were big players in battles, the Roland in the poem had a special sword made from three Saints' personal selves (blood, hair, etc.) and Mary (Mother of Jesus). These, combined, made the sharpest sword in existence. None of the saints, however, were Saint John. The Halo events can easily be referenced to Bible verses John 1:17 (For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.) Where Moses can be referencing the Librarian, and Jesus can be The Chief, and Revelation 1:17 (When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.") This can reference how John was the First Spartan II. He is also one of the last. I believe the only living Spartan II's are Blue Team. (could also foreshadow Blue Team's deaths. Leaving John the last Spartan II) The poem never mentions Saint John. So, in my opinion, I find it difficult to believe This "Durandal" to be part of Chief. Not to mention the Coat-of-Arms for Roland was red with a yellow lion. No Blue was involved. A copy of Cortana would be good, in theory. I doubt Halsey would have done that. I feel she would be scared to do something like that. The only possibility pointing to Durandal is the letter D on the serial number for the chip. Remember though, any A.I. can enter a chip like that in the trailer. The chip could be a backup used for the actual Cortana. As she was under the Logic Plague, she may have messed up one of her Serial Numbers during the mission Cortana in Halo 3. The chip displays a D. Also remember one thing. That video at E3 2018. It was only an Engine Demo. Anything could be in-game, or just for show.

Another high probability would be the A.I. is Mendicant Bias. He is blue as well. He already is an A.I. He wants to right the wrongs he did. He overcame the Logic Plague, he is more powerful than Cortana, he is on Zeta Halo.
I meant play it safe canon wise which is, of course, the context of the current topic. To play it safe in a canon/art/music context means to give fans what they want rather than go ahead and try to redesign things hoping that players will like it more than what they wanted. The first is playing it safe, and the latter is a gamble.
I see. What if we could visit locations from past games? Like Installation 04. Or 05? Or how bout other places like those in the books. If you give the players what they want. You need to include the whole fanbase and entice others to come in. That is why they are adding a Battle Royale "ability" in the multiplayer (as in a forgable Battle Royale. Not a prefabbed.) You need to include those fans that actually liked H5 and H4. You seem to only be considering those players, like myself, that have been playing since day 1. Yes, give us all what we want. Including the little kids who are new to the franchise. Those who like games such as Fortnite, PUBG, Apex Legends, COD, whatever. We want more people. If we maintain our current fanbase, we all will die and the game will no longer produce. We need the younger audiences. If this game is going to go on for the next 50 years or more, we need to let the game adapt. I love the idea they put forth. No BR unless you make one in a custom game. Simple and offers more than any other BR could. Make-A-Battle-Royale. In fact, I would love a 100 v 100 Slayer mode with A.I. ennemies too. Or a two team competitive Firefight. No killing other team... but a competition to get the most points in kills in Firefight. 2 teams of 4 kill A.I. adversaries for points, most points wins the round. Cool, right?
How do i get the version of the demo on xbox1?
What is with Chief’s Armor, Are we returning back to the Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor Mark VI? Also, in the trailer I see animals such as Rhinos, so is this taking place on a ring or back on Earth?
No one is sure if this is fact, but I’ve heard that in the Halo Spartan Field Manual that there is a GEN 3 of MJOLNIR armor, with GEN 1 being the classic (pre Halo 4) and GEN 2 being the newer (Halo 4-5). In the book GEN 3 is described as incorporating ideas of armor from GEN 1 that supposedly provide better protection. So this isn’t the same armor as before but it was designed to be similar. Other reasons for the armor change could be that since Cortana altered MC’s armor before Halo 4 that it should be swapped out to avoid her from somehow using it.

The game will apparently take place on a Halo, and no ones sure if there will be a level on Earth though I see it as unlikely.

At this point some answers are a combo of speculation and connecting the dots.
If this is truly Halo Infinite, would it make sense to do something similar to Destiny 2? Give you access to multiple worlds and rings? Possibly some space battles like Reach? So, Earth, Onyx, even the world mentioned in Halo: Renegades with all of that forerunner tech? Will we see or interact with Guilty Spark? (Yes, he is alive. Read the book I just mentioned.) Maybe he is the A.I. in the trailer? They are both blue after all.
I doubt that we'll be able to go other places than the halo, because keep in mind this is probably 343's "play it safe" game. Also I think the blue A.I. will probably be either a new one, a copy of Cortana (maybe), or the Durandal one. Durandal is mentioned in the poem that Halo references (I forgot it's name). Either way adding a Durandal character would be cool, since I also like Marathon.
I doubt a $500,000,000 game before marketing costs (Which can hit $300 Million or more. I do not know if that would include Outpost Discovery) would be considered a "Play-it-Safe" game. Seems more like a "Go-Big-or-Go-Home" game. As to the A.I., I can see a Durandal possibility. I have heard of that theory. I myself an not 100% convinced of that. The poem is called The Song of Roland. You can find a translated version here: http://www.yorku.ca/inpar/roland_crosland.pdf a student at the University translated it from Old French to Old English. Roland the A.I. I believe is not named after this Roland due to the clothing choice his avatar has made. A.I.s may choose their voice, avatar, and appearance. Roland chose a Pilot's clothing, an American English accent, and shows different forms of bravery than that of the Roland in the poem. While they were both were big players in battles, the Roland in the poem had a special sword made from three Saints' personal selves (blood, hair, etc.) and Mary (Mother of Jesus). These, combined, made the sharpest sword in existence. None of the saints, however, were Saint John. The Halo events can easily be referenced to Bible verses John 1:17 (For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.) Where Moses can be referencing the Librarian, and Jesus can be The Chief, and Revelation 1:17 (When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.") This can reference how John was the First Spartan II. He is also one of the last. I believe the only living Spartan II's are Blue Team. (could also foreshadow Blue Team's deaths. Leaving John the last Spartan II) The poem never mentions Saint John. So, in my opinion, I find it difficult to believe This "Durandal" to be part of Chief. Not to mention the Coat-of-Arms for Roland was red with a yellow lion. No Blue was involved. A copy of Cortana would be good, in theory. I doubt Halsey would have done that. I feel she would be scared to do something like that. The only possibility pointing to Durandal is the letter D on the serial number for the chip. Remember though, any A.I. can enter a chip like that in the trailer. The chip could be a backup used for the actual Cortana. As she was under the Logic Plague, she may have messed up one of her Serial Numbers during the mission Cortana in Halo 3. The chip displays a D. Also remember one thing. That video at E3 2018. It was only an Engine Demo. Anything could be in-game, or just for show.

Another high probability would be the A.I. is Mendicant Bias. He is blue as well. He already is an A.I. He wants to right the wrongs he did. He overcame the Logic Plague, he is more powerful than Cortana, he is on Zeta Halo.
I meant play it safe canon wise which is, of course, the context of the current topic. To play it safe in a canon/art/music context means to give fans what they want rather than go ahead and try to redesign things hoping that players will like it more than what they wanted. The first is playing it safe, and the latter is a gamble.
I see. What if we could visit locations from past games? Like Installation 04. Or 05? Or how bout other places like those in the books. If you give the players what they want. You need to include the whole fanbase and entice others to come in. That is why they are adding a Battle Royale "ability" in the multiplayer (as in a forgable Battle Royale. Not a prefabbed.) You need to include those fans that actually liked H5 and H4. You seem to only be considering those players, like myself, that have been playing since day 1. Yes, give us all what we want. Including the little kids who are new to the franchise. Those who like games such as Fortnite, PUBG, Apex Legends, COD, whatever. We want more people. If we maintain our current fanbase, we all will die and the game will no longer produce. We need the younger audiences. If this game is going to go on for the next 50 years or more, we need to let the game adapt. I love the idea they put forth. No BR unless you make one in a custom game. Simple and offers more than any other BR could. Make-A-Battle-Royale. In fact, I would love a 100 v 100 Slayer mode with A.I. ennemies too. Or a two team competitive Firefight. No killing other team... but a competition to get the most points in kills in Firefight. 2 teams of 4 kill A.I. adversaries for points, most points wins the round. Cool, right?
Yeah it'd be rad if we could visit all kinds of places, but right now as far as I see it we might only be on the Halo ring. The varying locations may be saved for Infinite's sequel. Also BR was technically already able to be made, but nobody really cared about making it until recently. I feel though that nobody should be drawn into Halo for BR, because that's not what it is. Like when CoD tried to copy Halo not too long ago. It doesn't really work. Also BR has been estimated to die within the next 4 years. But you are certainly entitled to your own opinion on it; I've already debated this topic enough.
GAMEON678 wrote:
Seeing as the game hasn't been released yet, nor even begun beta testing/flights, I doubt you're going to be able to get a demo of the game. If you're asking how to get it when it comes out, then you'll probably have to wait till release and get it on xbox store.
So I'm assuming they're aiming for a Holiday 2020 release date, I'd like the game sooner but if waiting another year and a half gives us a better game then why not.
GAMEON678 wrote:
There is no demo available at the moment
This is what we need the community needs this
With 343i's track record I initially thought that the next title was going to be just like 4 and 5 (sprint and fast-paced gameplay that had similar atmosphere to a game like COD), however the trailer and all other announcements have shown that 343i is finally coming back around and listening to the communities requests and feedback. I personally feel that 343s halo games were alright with my favorite of the 3 multiplayers being 5. They make decent enough games but advancing under a title that now feels very distant to the original and more accepted take on it isnt (in my opinion) very good for the franchise especially when the community well prefers the older take in most aspects. I hope 343i brings halo back to its former glory through classic elements, but I also want to see it blended with elements from 343i's style because I personally enjoyed the games for what they were. I am giving halo a chance to redeem itself and my trust is in all the members of 343 Industries, I hope to see Halo Infinite be a great success. Also i feel that its ok that there is no official deadline that the team need to work against, i feel they should take there time with the game rather than rush it.
I really hope that we can get a classic halo game. Maybe slight movement mechanics would be okay. Like I wouldn't be opposed to movement like Reach. Sprint is an armor ability you can choose to get. But no thruster packs, and no auto sprints.
I'm extremely excited to see the story moving forward.
Some questions I really really really want answered.
- What were the full effects of the Librarians transformation of the Chief?
- Where do prometheans go when they die? I mean they never stop spawning and part of why the Halos were used was due to the lack of soldiers/ill effect they had.
- Prometheans were controlled by the holder of the mantle/didact. If the didact is dead, why would they follow Cortana?

Also excited to see a new take on Battle Royale. Same ol same ol has been done, I don't want Halo to have that, but something quite more unique with the same base mechanics that make it up, just with awesome Halo variants.

My other wish would be to see an Assault mode (similar to original Unreal Tournament) that you would have to fight through areas to a finish point. Either against npc's or oponents, it would both be awesome.
I'm extremely excited to see the story moving forward.
Some questions I really really really want answered.
- What were the full effects of the Librarians transformation of the Chief?
- Where do prometheans go when they die? I mean they never stop spawning and part of why the Halos were used was due to the lack of soldiers/ill effect they had.
- Prometheans were controlled by the holder of the mantle/didact. If the didact is dead, why would they follow Cortana?

Also excited to see a new take on Battle Royale. Same ol same ol has been done, I don't want Halo to have that, but something quite more unique with the same base mechanics that make it up, just with awesome Halo variants.

My other wish would be to see an Assault mode (similar to original Unreal Tournament) that you would have to fight through areas to a finish point. Either against npc's or oponents, it would both be awesome.
I don't know if you're expecting a response from the OP because this topic is old. I don't know any of your questions except for the last one. I think (if I remember correctly) that the Prometheans follow Cortana because Warden Eternal controls them and made a deal with Cortana to work together to tackle the Galaxy. You know, the whole Created storyline in H5.

Halo Infinite is not having BR. This has been said on multiple occasions by devs. However they've been really dodgy about just saying no straightforward, so there's a very (very, very) small chance of BR happening. But if you read the interviews and what not I think you can conclude that BR isn't happening.
I am so freakin excited
I'm a huge fan of the new art style. But, if this game turns out to be Halo 5 with a new reskin, 343i will drive Halo into the ground. The franchise has lost an enormous chunk of the core fan base after releasing Halo 4 and 5. It is absolutely pivotal that they bring back the old mechanics, simple gameplay (easy to learn, difficult to master), and most importantly an immersive, well developed, and enticing story line. THIS MUST HAPPEN. If not, the Halo franchise will crash and burn (since 343i took over its been gradually heading in that direction). They've dug themselves into a trench that'll take a ton of shovels to climb out of. 343i is on thin ice and they know it... this is their last chance for recompense.
IF there was a battle royal, here is my idea. Start in a frigate maybe, and play as customizable ODST's. And of course using and dropping in a drop pod. It'll be cool for everyone to wait in like the main room where the drop pods are in Halo 3: ODST. And if the frigate doesn't support enough people inside. Just have other in orbit Maybe throw in some of the good ol' classic ODST's from the game (Halo 3 ODST). Let's say we drop on Delta Halo like we kind of do in Halo 2, on Delta Halo, or The Ark's deserts from Halo 3. I would want to see almost everything from each of the Halo games, in this battle royal. Like the Hornet, or the Plasma Launcher. And maybe like how BO4 did with their battle royal and added zombies, maybe we can have the flood in the places appropriate. OR instead of playing as ODST's, we could play as elites dropping from a Covenant carrier, or a cruiser, and use the elite drop pod's that we see in Flood Gate in Halo 3. I would like to see vehicles and weapons from every Halo game. As for the locations. Stuff like, Reach, the ark, the different Halo Rings, and human colonies. If there were micro-transactions, I would want it to be like, only character customization, or weapon variants and skins that don't chance the stats and only looks and not crap like emotes or spray paints. I would want it to be taken seriously, and no like rainbow stuff. Also, this is not part of the battle royal topic, but I wish there was more gore in the games, like in Call of Duty: World at War. OR Gears of War Gore. That would be sick. I hope 343 see's this and maybe take it into consideration. Or make it possible by adding the right tools to make the game mode. And make other idea's like a flood survival mode, or a tower defense game mode. Only my mind can create such things.
IF there was a battle royal, here is my idea. Start in a frigate maybe, and play as customizable ODST's. And of course using and dropping in a drop pod. It'll be cool for everyone to wait in like the main room where the drop pods are in Halo 3: ODST. And if the frigate doesn't support enough people inside. Just have other in orbit Maybe throw in some of the good ol' classic ODST's from the game (Halo 3 ODST). Let's say we drop on Delta Halo like we kind of do in Halo 2, on Delta Halo, or The Ark's deserts from Halo 3. I would want to see almost everything from each of the Halo games, in this battle royal. Like the Hornet, or the Plasma Launcher. And maybe like how BO4 did with their battle royal and added zombies, maybe we can have the flood in the places appropriate. OR instead of playing as ODST's, we could play as elites dropping from a Covenant carrier, or a cruiser, and use the elite drop pod's that we see in Flood Gate in Halo 3. I would like to see vehicles and weapons from every Halo game. As for the locations. Stuff like, Reach, the ark, the different Halo Rings, and human colonies. If there were micro-transactions, I would want it to be like, only character customization, or weapon variants and skins that don't chance the stats and only looks and not crap like emotes or spray paints. I would want it to be taken seriously, and no like rainbow stuff. Also, this is not part of the battle royal topic, but I wish there was more gore in the games, like in Call of Duty: World at War. OR Gears of War Gore. That would be sick. I hope 343 see's this and maybe take it into consideration. Or make it possible by adding the right tools to make the game mode. And make other idea's like a flood survival mode, or a tower defense game mode. Only my mind can create such things.
ODSTs dropping from pods is not an original idea, nor is flood survival. And tower defense shouldn’t even exist in a mainline halo game. 343 listens to community feedback to their decisions, but they’re not going to come to these forums to find “great” ideas to put into their games. You can’t seriously be thinking that anything you think of originally will be in the game, nor should you expect to get credit if it is in the game in a distant reality. 343 has probably already thought of everything and more. They are professional game developers who probably don’t have time to sit down and listen to self-proclaimed idea makers.
E3 IS SOON AROUND AGAIN!
I really can't wait to see more of Infinite! I don't know what excites me more, the fact that 343 is going back to the original roots of Halo, the continuation of the Master Chief Saga, the new incredible slipstream engine built from scratch? I think it's about time they made a new engine for Halo. Because the old halo engine was apparently quite awful to use and navigate through for the next of kin developers. I really dig the new art style 343 is going for! It reminds you of the past, old OG halo art style. But it is also very new and different! Quite refreshing to see this choice by 343 rather than continuing making Halo games with art styles that look identical to most FPS with power armors.
I can without doubt say I am hyped for halo again!
E3 IS SOON AROUND AGAIN!
I really can't wait to see more of Infinite! I don't know what excites me more, the fact that 343 is going back to the original roots of Halo, the continuation of the Master Chief Saga, the new incredible slipstream engine built from scratch? I think it's about time they made a new engine for Halo. Because the old halo engine was apparently quite awful to use and navigate through for the next of kin developers. I really dig the new art style 343 is going for! It reminds you of the past, old OG halo art style. But it is also very new and different! Quite refreshing to see this choice by 343 rather than continuing making Halo games with art styles that look identical to most FPS with power armors.
I can without doubt say I am hyped for halo again!
I do not think I could have said it better myself. Good job!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
hi guys, I was wondering if the trailer for Halo Infinite (E3 2018) was in Ray Tracing?
hi guys, I was wondering if the trailer for Halo Infinite (E3 2018) was in Ray Tracing?
Considering it was using a brand new engine never before used by any other developer. Potentially yes. But we don't really know for sure. It did seem to look like it!
What will the new armor selection look like?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 76
  4. 77
  5. 78
  6. 79
  7. 80
  8. ...
  9. 92