OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 77
  4. 78
  5. ...
  6. 79
Looking forward to an epic journey
What will the new armor selection look like?
Ask again on June 10th. We may know then.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What is with Chief’s Armor, Are we returning back to the Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor Mark VI? Also, in the trailer I see animals such as Rhinos, so is this taking place on a ring or back on Earth?
No one is sure if this is fact, but I’ve heard that in the Halo Spartan Field Manual that there is a GEN 3 of MJOLNIR armor, with GEN 1 being the classic (pre Halo 4) and GEN 2 being the newer (Halo 4-5). In the book GEN 3 is described as incorporating ideas of armor from GEN 1 that supposedly provide better protection. So this isn’t the same armor as before but it was designed to be similar. Other reasons for the armor change could be that since Cortana altered MC’s armor before Halo 4 that it should be swapped out to avoid her from somehow using it.

The game will apparently take place on a Halo, and no ones sure if there will be a level on Earth though I see it as unlikely.

At this point some answers are a combo of speculation and connecting the dots.
If this is truly Halo Infinite, would it make sense to do something similar to Destiny 2? Give you access to multiple worlds and rings? Possibly some space battles like Reach? So, Earth, Onyx, even the world mentioned in Halo: Renegades with all of that forerunner tech? Will we see or interact with Guilty Spark? (Yes, he is alive. Read the book I just mentioned.) Maybe he is the A.I. in the trailer? They are both blue after all.
I doubt that we'll be able to go other places than the halo, because keep in mind this is probably 343's "play it safe" game. Also I think the blue A.I. will probably be either a new one, a copy of Cortana (maybe), or the Durandal one. Durandal is mentioned in the poem that Halo references (I forgot it's name). Either way adding a Durandal character would be cool, since I also like Marathon.
I doubt a $500,000,000 game before marketing costs (Which can hit $300 Million or more. I do not know if that would include Outpost Discovery) would be considered a "Play-it-Safe" game. Seems more like a "Go-Big-or-Go-Home" game. As to the A.I., I can see a Durandal possibility. I have heard of that theory. I myself an not 100% convinced of that. The poem is called The Song of Roland. You can find a translated version here: http://www.yorku.ca/inpar/roland_crosland.pdf a student at the University translated it from Old French to Old English. Roland the A.I. I believe is not named after this Roland due to the clothing choice his avatar has made. A.I.s may choose their voice, avatar, and appearance. Roland chose a Pilot's clothing, an American English accent, and shows different forms of bravery than that of the Roland in the poem. While they were both were big players in battles, the Roland in the poem had a special sword made from three Saints' personal selves (blood, hair, etc.) and Mary (Mother of Jesus). These, combined, made the sharpest sword in existence. None of the saints, however, were Saint John. The Halo events can easily be referenced to Bible verses John 1:17 (For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.) Where Moses can be referencing the Librarian, and Jesus can be The Chief, and Revelation 1:17 (When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.") This can reference how John was the First Spartan II. He is also one of the last. I believe the only living Spartan II's are Blue Team. (could also foreshadow Blue Team's deaths. Leaving John the last Spartan II) The poem never mentions Saint John. So, in my opinion, I find it difficult to believe This "Durandal" to be part of Chief. Not to mention the Coat-of-Arms for Roland was red with a yellow lion. No Blue was involved. A copy of Cortana would be good, in theory. I doubt Halsey would have done that. I feel she would be scared to do something like that. The only possibility pointing to Durandal is the letter D on the serial number for the chip. Remember though, any A.I. can enter a chip like that in the trailer. The chip could be a backup used for the actual Cortana. As she was under the Logic Plague, she may have messed up one of her Serial Numbers during the mission Cortana in Halo 3. The chip displays a D. Also remember one thing. That video at E3 2018. It was only an Engine Demo. Anything could be in-game, or just for show.

Another high probability would be the A.I. is Mendicant Bias. He is blue as well. He already is an A.I. He wants to right the wrongs he did. He overcame the Logic Plague, he is more powerful than Cortana, he is on Zeta Halo.
I meant play it safe canon wise which is, of course, the context of the current topic. To play it safe in a canon/art/music context means to give fans what they want rather than go ahead and try to redesign things hoping that players will like it more than what they wanted. The first is playing it safe, and the latter is a gamble.
Yeah it'd be rad if we could visit all kinds of places, but right now as far as I see it we might only be on the Halo ring. The varying locations may be saved for Infinite's sequel. Also BR was technically already able to be made, but nobody really cared about making it until recently. I feel though that nobody should be drawn into Halo for BR, because that's not what it is. Like when CoD tried to copy Halo not too long ago. It doesn't really work. Also BR has been estimated to die within the next 4 years. But you are certainly entitled to your own opinion on it; I've already debated this topic enough.
You aren't kidding. Look at Google Trends and search Fortnite. It is only 40 to 45% of it's peak in popularity. BR would be a simple way to draw in new players if you let it be a game mode. Like Slayer or CTF. Use the same method of game mode choices as MCC. If you want the BR, choose it, if not, turn it off. I think it satisfies everyone for now. They are making the game a Service style game. Like Destiny or Forza or GTA. Game updates all the time with new stuff. New quests, etc. A reboot. But a mild one. I would love a campaign that is linear but an online MMO Style area after having finished the campaign.
I like the idea of a forgeable BR mode instead of a mainline game mode that takes players away from the other modes making it harder to find matches in the mode I and many others like (the idea of BR in Halo is interesting but I would prefer that it doesn’t interfere with the main Halo game modes).

This post has been hidden.

As long as Halo looks and feels like Halo again (no wonky pelicans as it broke my heart when they replaced the classic style pelican with the H4 & 5 one, no floaty stuff everywhere as H4 & 5’s forunner design has so many floaty bits and while I’m fine with a little that was a lot, and no ruining of good armor designs like the Mk. VI Gen. 1 and some of Noble team’s armor like 1, 2 and 6’s armor) than I’m fine with it and so far Halo Infinite is looking promising, but with 343i’s troubling past in their endeavors with Halo I still have many doubts.
Forum Team wrote:
The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engine, Halo Infinite was revealed at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing with a thrilling engine demo that provides a glimpse into the future of the Halo franchise, leading it into new and unexpected directions.

Read the announcement blog here and watch the full trailer here!
Invit
What is with Chief’s Armor, Are we returning back to the Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor Mark VI? Also, in the trailer I see animals such as Rhinos, so is this taking place on a ring or back on Earth?
No one is sure if this is fact, but I’ve heard that in the Halo Spartan Field Manual that there is a GEN 3 of MJOLNIR armor, with GEN 1 being the classic (pre Halo 4) and GEN 2 being the newer (Halo 4-5). In the book GEN 3 is described as incorporating ideas of armor from GEN 1 that supposedly provide better protection. So this isn’t the same armor as before but it was designed to be similar. Other reasons for the armor change could be that since Cortana altered MC’s armor before Halo 4 that it should be swapped out to avoid her from somehow using it.

The game will apparently take place on a Halo, and no ones sure if there will be a level on Earth though I see it as unlikely.

If this is truly Halo Infinite, would it make sense to do something similar to Destiny 2? Give you access to multiple worlds and rings? Possibly some space battles like Reach? So, Earth, Onyx, even the world mentioned in Halo: Renegades with all of that forerunner tech? Will we see or interact with Guilty Spark? (Yes, he is alive. Read the book I just mentioned.) Maybe he is the A.I. in the trailer? They are both blue after all.
I doubt that we'll be able to go other places than the halo, because keep in mind this is probably 343's "play it safe" game. Also I think the blue A.I. will probably be either a new one, a copy of Cortana (maybe), or the Durandal one. Durandal is mentioned in the poem that Halo references (I forgot it's name). Either way adding a Durandal character would be cool, since I also like Marathon.
I doubt a $500,000,000 game before marketing costs (Which can hit $300 Million or more. I do not know if that would include Outpost Discovery) would be considered a "Play-it-Safe" game. Seems more like a "Go-Big-or-Go-Home" game. As to the A.I., I can see a Durandal possibility. I have heard of that theory. I myself an not 100% convinced of that. The poem is called The Song of Roland. You can find a translated version here: http://www.yorku.ca/inpar/roland_crosland.pdf a student at the University translated it from Old French to Old English. Roland the A.I. I believe is not named after this Roland due to the clothing choice his avatar has made. A.I.s may choose their voice, avatar, and appearance. Roland chose a Pilot's clothing, an American English accent, and shows different forms of bravery than that of the Roland in the poem. While they were both were big players in battles, the Roland in the poem had a special sword made from three Saints' personal selves (blood, hair, etc.) and Mary (Mother of Jesus). These, combined, made the sharpest sword in existence. None of the saints, however, were Saint John. The Halo events can easily be referenced to Bible verses John 1:17 (For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.) Where Moses can be referencing the Librarian, and Jesus can be The Chief, and Revelation 1:17 (When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.") This can reference how John was the First Spartan II. He is also one of the last. I believe the only living Spartan II's are Blue Team. (could also foreshadow Blue Team's deaths. Leaving John the last Spartan II) The poem never mentions Saint John. So, in my opinion, I find it difficult to believe This "Durandal" to be part of Chief. Not to mention the Coat-of-Arms for Roland was red with a yellow lion. No Blue was involved. A copy of Cortana would be good, in theory. I doubt Halsey would have done that. I feel she would be scared to do something like that. The only possibility pointing to Durandal is the letter D on the serial number for the chip. Remember though, any A.I. can enter a chip like that in the trailer. The chip could be a backup used for the actual Cortana. As she was under the Logic Plague, she may have messed up one of her Serial Numbers during the mission Cortana in Halo 3. The chip displays a D. Also remember one thing. That video at E3 2018. It was only an Engine Demo. Anything could be in-game, or just for show.

Another high probability would be the A.I. is Mendicant Bias. He is blue as well. He already is an A.I. He wants to right the wrongs he did. He overcame the Logic Plague, he is more powerful than Cortana, he is on Zeta Halo.
I meant play it safe canon wise which is, of course, the context of the current topic. To play it safe in a canon/art/music context means to give fans what they want rather than go ahead and try to redesign things hoping that players will like it more than what they wanted. The first is playing it safe, and the latter is a gamble.
Yeah it'd be rad if we could visit all kinds of places, but right now as far as I see it we might only be on the Halo ring. The varying locations may be saved for Infinite's sequel. Also BR was technically already able to be made, but nobody really cared about making it until recently. I feel though that nobody should be drawn into Halo for BR, because that's not what it is. Like when CoD tried to copy Halo not too long ago. It doesn't really work. Also BR has been estimated to die within the next 4 years. But you are certainly entitled to your own opinion on it; I've already debated this topic enough.
You aren't kidding. Look at Google Trends and search Fortnite. It is only 40 to 45% of it's peak in popularity. BR would be a simple way to draw in new players if you let it be a game mode. Like Slayer or CTF. Use the same method of game mode choices as MCC. If you want the BR, choose it, if not, turn it off. I think it satisfies everyone for now. They are making the game a Service style game. Like Destiny or Forza or GTA. Game updates all the time with new stuff. New quests, etc. A reboot. But a mild one. I would love a campaign that is linear but an online MMO Style area after having finished the campaign.
I like the idea of a forgeable BR mode instead of a mainline game mode that takes players away from the other modes making it harder to find matches in the mode I and many others like (the idea of BR in Halo is interesting but I would prefer that it doesn’t interfere with the main Halo game modes).
Exactly. I do not care for it. But others might. Let's make as many happy campers as possible.

I see. What if we could visit locations from past games? Like Installation 04. Or 05? Or how bout other places like those in the books. If you give the players what they want. You need to include the whole fanbase and entice others to come in. That is why they are adding a Battle Royale "ability" in the multiplayer (as in a forgable Battle Royale. Not a prefabbed.) You need to include those fans that actually liked H5 and H4. You seem to only be considering those players, like myself, that have been playing since day 1. Yes, give us all what we want. Including the little kids who are new to the franchise. Those who like games such as Fortnite, PUBG, Apex Legends, COD, whatever. We want more people. If we maintain our current fanbase, we all will die and the game will no longer produce. We need the younger audiences. If this game is going to go on for the next 50 years or more, we need to let the game adapt. I love the idea they put forth. No BR unless you make one in a custom game. Simple and offers more than any other BR could. Make-A-Battle-Royale. In fact, I would love a 100 v 100 Slayer mode with A.I. ennemies too. Or a two team competitive Firefight. No killing other team... but a competition to get the most points in kills in Firefight. 2 teams of 4 kill A.I. adversaries for points, most points wins the round. Cool, right?
Do we really want the COD community coming into Halo? From what I’ve always heard from the Halo community, the COD players are a very sweaty community and are less patient than the Halo community. I’m just saying why do you want to bring people to Halo that have 1. They have never been wanted by the Halo community. 2. The Halo community has always been put down by the COD community because they have always thought to be better than us. 3. Do we really want more people that want to play with thrust features all over themselves? These are what I point out and what I ask you (these are just my opinions but they are things to think about and I am not saying that they won’t be welcomed by me if they come, but they may do more harm than good to Halo and the Halo community if we try to get them here).
Master chief comeback!!!
I really can't wait
The day is almost here!
new engine this should be good!!!!!
Super hyped!!
I hope Halo Infinite won't be like Halo 5...Halo Infinite must be like The first Trilogy!! I rmemeber Halo 1 and Halo 2...EPIC! Also Halo Reach, #remeberreach, was great! But knowing that they payed 500 million dollars for this game I think it will be great... I hope it....
I hope Halo Infinite won't be like Halo 5...Halo Infinite must be like The first Trilogy!! I rmemeber Halo 1 and Halo 2...EPIC! Also Halo Reach, #remeberreach, was great! But knowing that they payed 500 million dollars for this game I think it will be great... I hope it....
Me too. I believe in 343
Now this I'm very excited about!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 77
  4. 78
  5. ...
  6. 79