2. ...
  3. 80
  4. 81
  5. 82
  6. 83
  7. 84
  8. ...
  9. 90
I'm worried that the development of the next Xbox version could be hampered by the development of the PC and Xbox One version. I'm also worried that it might just copy paste the Halo formula that every Halo game has had. I personally hope they change their minds on the idea of a Halo Battle Royale in Infinite.

I think Halo could do Battle Royale so well, because it has so many assets, especially armor sets. A battle pass with armor, skins, etc... in game events that I could earn while playing and doing challenges, that would keep me engaged with the game. Because right now playing 100's of games of Team Slayer/Swat gets boring and disengaging really quick.

Also Spartans/Elites fit the idea of Battle Royale so well, with being the last one standing.

And I know what Mr. O'Connor said about if you want Battle Royale, just make it in Forge... That would not be the same as a 343 made 100 player Battle Royale.
not impressed with new trailer, holiday 2020 released date is a joke you just lost one person i wont be wasting any money on buying it, waiting another year just so 343 can screw up another game haha also dont count me in on anything else
just wanted to add ive been a big fan since the original halo combat evolved came out its been alot of fun some great memories along the way its time for me to move on, good luck to anyone who sticks around
I'm worried that the development of the next Xbox version could be hampered by the development of the PC and Xbox One version. I'm also worried that it might just copy paste the Halo formula that every Halo game has had. I personally hope they change their minds on the idea of a Halo Battle Royale in Infinite.

I think Halo could do Battle Royale so well, because it has so many assets, especially armor sets. A battle pass with armor, skins, etc... in game events that I could earn while playing and doing challenges, that would keep me engaged with the game. Because right now playing 100's of games of Team Slayer/Swat gets boring and disengaging really quick.

Also Spartans/Elites fit the idea of Battle Royale so well, with being the last one standing.

And I know what Mr. O'Connor said about if you want Battle Royale, just make it in Forge... That would not be the same as a 343 made 100 player Battle Royale.
EVERYONE IS DOING BATTLE ROYAL!!!! IT WOULD BE LAZY OF THEM TO PUT BR IN THE GAME BECAUSE IT WOULD ONLY SHOW LACK IF CREATIVITY AND GREED AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE!!!!!! Frank O'Connor and 343i made the decision not to make a dedicated BR in Halo Infinite due to BR being brought into every game, and it being used so much that it is starting to loose popularity and Fortnite's statistics are evidence of that (that is the most likely reason for them making that decision along with not alienating their fans and the fact that with the resources they’d be using on that they could use to make Forge and the game better which in turn would allow for a custom games BR that would be just as good as a dedicated official BR).
Turgon T24 wrote:
not impressed with new trailer, holiday 2020 released date is a joke you just lost one person i wont be wasting any money on buying it, waiting another year just so 343 can screw up another game haha also dont count me in on anything else
just wanted to add ive been a big fan since the original halo combat evolved came out its been alot of fun some great memories along the way its time for me to move on, good luck to anyone who sticks around
If you can’t be impressed by that, than I'm sorry that you cannot see that 343i has is making a true Halo game.
The E3 teaser trailer was AMAZING!!!! I admit it did look pretty cartoony so I hope that it isn’t like that in the game itself, but EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME!!!! The art style (Halo Reach AR, Chief, classic Marine helmet, classic forerunner architecture, and Classic Pelican!), the sound, the story of the teaser, and THE MARTY MUSIC!!!! (I am not sure if this means that Marty is back or not, but if so than YYYEEESSS!!!! but if not that you found a -yoink- good composer)

I would also like to thank you 343i for paying homage to the military as that holds a special place in my heart, and thank you for bringing us a -yoinking- awesome Halo!

EVERYONE IS DOING BATTLE ROYAL!!!! IT WOULD BE LAZY OF THEM TO PUT BR IN THE GAME BECAUSE IT WOULD ONLY SHOW LACK IF CREATIVITY AND GREED AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE!!!!!! Frank O'Connor and 343i made the decision not to make a dedicated BR in Halo Infinite due to BR being brought into every game, and it being used so much that it is starting to loose popularity and Fortnite's statistics are evidence of that (that is the most likely reason for them making that decision along with not alienating their fans and the fact that with the resources they’d be using on that they could use to make Forge and the game better which in turn would allow for a custom games BR that would be just as good as a dedicated official BR).
I was simply stating that I thought/think Battle Royale in Halo Infinite could be very good. I completely disagree with everything you said, because I never mentioned because everyone else is doing Battle Royale, or that 343 is lazy, I also never said 343 should alienate fans.

I thought/think Battle Royale could benefit Halo a lot, because it can keep a game engaging, especially with a battle pass. So many of the older Halo games suffer from burnout, as person can only play so much Team Slayer/Swat/ other regular halo game modes, before they burnout and get bored.

If 343 doesn't add a Battle Royale to Infinite, then hopefully whatever they add is fun, engaging, and a live experience, because if it's just the same old Team Slayer/Swat/etc.. Then that is going to be a disappoint I think, especially with all that power of the next Xbox.

I was simply stating that I thought/think Battle Royale in Halo Infinite could be very good. I completely disagree with everything you said, because I never mentioned because everyone else is doing Battle Royale, or that 343 is lazy, I also never said 343 should alienate fans.

I thought/think Battle Royale could benefit Halo a lot, because it can keep a game engaging, especially with a battle pass. So many of the older Halo games suffer from burnout, as person can only play so much Team Slayer/Swat/ other regular halo game modes, before they burnout and get bored.

If 343 doesn't add a Battle Royale to Infinite, then hopefully whatever they add is fun, engaging, and a live experience, because if it's just the same old Team Slayer/Swat/etc.. Then that is going to be a disappoint I think, especially with all that power of the next Xbox.
1. I didn’t say it would suck to have it as long as it doesn’t take focus from the rest of the game.
2. I never said that you said 343i is lazy, I just said people will likely think that way if Battle Royal is added which every major game franchise has done in a stunt to make money (BO4 obviously since it DIDN’T EVEN HAVE A CAMPAIGN).
3. I do partialy agree that those would get old, but at the same time with so many games doing that same mode it would set Halo apart from the rest to be without it, and BR would get stale even faster if another gigantic franchise jumped onto the BR train.

1. I didn’t say it would suck to have it as long as it doesn’t take focus from the rest of the game.
2. I never said that you said 343i is lazy, I just said people will likely think that way if Battle Royal is added which every major game franchise has done in a stunt to make money (BO4 obviously since it DIDN’T EVEN HAVE A CAMPAIGN).
3. I do partialy agree that those would get old, but at the same time with so many games doing that same mode it would set Halo apart from the rest to be without it, and BR would get stale even faster if another gigantic franchise jumped onto the BR train.
I understand what your saying. But at the same time I feel because Halo is Halo, it can do Battle Royale in a unique way. It wouldn't replace the usual Halo game modes, but supplement them. I don't see Battle Royale as just a game mode, but rather a hybrid of game mode and genre, depending on what kind of game you are making. To me it's here to stay just like FPS's, RPG's, Sim's, etc... I think the idea of playing against a lot of people and coming out on top is always going to have a place in gaming.

I understand what your saying. But at the same time I feel because Halo is Halo, it can do Battle Royale in a unique way. It wouldn't replace the usually Halo game modes, but supplement them. I don't see Battle Royale as just a game mode, but rather a hybrid of game mode and genre, depending on what kind of game you are making. To me it's here to stay just like FPS's, RPG's, Sim's, etc... I think the idea of playing against a lot of people and coming out on top is always going to have a place in gaming.
You see now that is the problem, they want to put game modes into Halo Infinite and not entire genres because a genre requires more attention, but being able to play a huge match as a Spartan or Elite with that amount of people as two teams, many teams, or just ffa would be awesome (especially as Sangheili). Edit: forgot to mention that a genre also demands more attention and focus in the game itself and becomes more than a game mode which therefore alienated the other game modes available.

I understand what your saying. But at the same time I feel because Halo is Halo, it can do Battle Royale in a unique way. It wouldn't replace the usually Halo game modes, but supplement them. I don't see Battle Royale as just a game mode, but rather a hybrid of game mode and genre, depending on what kind of game you are making. To me it's here to stay just like FPS's, RPG's, Sim's, etc... I think the idea of playing against a lot of people and coming out on top is always going to have a place in gaming.
You see now that is the problem, they want to put game modes into Halo Infinite and not entire genres because a genre requires more attention, but being able to play a huge match as a Spartan or Elite with that amount of people as two teams, many teams, or just ffa would be awesome (especially as Sangheili).
Hopefully there is something that's a compromise, because I feel like with all that power of the new Xbox there should be a big and epic player vs player thing that is new and fresh not just BTB. I'm just worried Infinite might just be a copy paste of the Halo formula with fancy graphics and not much new things to do.

You see now that is the problem, they want to put game modes into Halo Infinite and not entire genres because a genre requires more attention, but being able to play a huge match as a Spartan or Elite with that amount of people as two teams, many teams, or just ffa would be awesome (especially as Sangheili).
Hopefully there is something that's a compromise, because I feel like with all that power of the new Xbox there should be a big and epic player vs player thing that is new and fresh not just BTB. I'm just worried Infinite might just be a copy paste of the Halo formula with fancy graphics and not much new things to do.
The original halo forumula worked, which is why the first 3 games are generally considered to be superior to 4 and 5. 343 trying to turn halo into call of duty has not been working and as an old Halo fan I am really hoping they go back to the formula that worked.
As for battle Royale, I really don't see that as an issue assuming they give forge and custom games the options to make it from the community side.

As a side note does anyone know if Infinite will be on steam like the MCC and if there will be micro transactions.

The original halo forumula worked, which is why the first 3 games are generally considered to be superior to 4 and 5. 343 trying to turn halo into call of duty has not been working and as an old Halo fan I am really hoping they go back to the formula that worked.
As for battle Royale, I really don't see that as an issue assuming they give forge and custom games the options to make it from the community side.

As a side note does anyone know if Infinite will be on steam like the MCC and if there will be micro transactions.
Sadly to me Halo CE, 2, and 3 all feel clunky compared to 4 and 5. To me at Halo's core it's always been a dance and duel to pop shields and finish off the kill.

On the side note, it probably would be on Steam, unless Microsoft make's the Xbox Companion App steam like. And I think I remember that there will be some form of micro transactions.

Sadly to me Halo CE, 2, and 3 all feel clunky compared to 4 and 5. To me at Halo's core it's always been a dance and duel to pop shields and finish off the kill.

On the side note, it probably would be on Steam, unless Microsoft make's the Xbox Companion App steam like. And I think I remember that there will be some form of micro transactions.
Eugh, if there are microtransactions my enthusiasm for the game has died.

The old halos might be a bit clunky compared to modern halos, but they were distinct and had a solid formula behind them, it should not be hard to make a good Halo game.
Pls Make R E A L . Make the armor more like Reach . That feels like everything in the armor seems to have a purpose. Pay more attention.

The old halos might be a bit clunky compared to modern halos, but they were distinct and had a solid formula behind them, it should not be hard to make a good Halo game.
I think it was armor that you could play to get or just buy, not the random packs like Halo 5.

If they can bring back the dance and duel of popping shields and finishing off the kill that the older games had that would be cool. It's kind of hard for me to describe what I mean. Like the aiming and strafing side to side, I have good memories of that from Halo 3.

I think it was armor that you could play to get or just buy, not the random packs like Halo 5.

If they can bring back the dance and duel of popping shields and finishing off the kill that the older games had that would be cool. It's kind of hard for me to describe what I mean. Like the aiming and strafing side to side, I have good memories of that from Halo 3.
It's because old games focused on a trifecta of guns, grenades, and melee. Equipment and armor abilities in 3 and reach were used to mix up the usual combination but not be strong enough to detract from the others. Obviously armorlock was a bit too strong, and bloom was a bit of a mistake, but the formula still held together for the most part in Reach.
4, and especially 5 I think, have really missed the mark by hadding things like the jump jets to slam into people and -Yoink-, which really just breaks the trifecta completely.

I might go get my hands on Halo ce and play it again.. infinite might not turn out so good but good god halo CE was the best..

I don't mind something that is sort of like Battle Royal as long as it is just another game mode so that it does not detract from or alienate the other game modes, so I agree with you there.

It hasn't been confirmed yet and the rumors going around should've been quelled after 343i responded to that job application stating that it is standard in the gaming industry now for the job application to ask about your skill in that department. From what I have heard so far the new system will be reminiscent to that of Halo Reach and the new system that will be added to the MCC is probably a example of what we may get in Halo Infinite, but they will definitely make them less invasive if there are any microtransactions since the backlash from the req system was fairly large.
I'm now super hyped for this
Soooo... a concept trailer. Mix with a showcase of hey look at this armor you like it now.
I mean it was good and all. But why Bones with no meat ?
It is coming next year with scarlet after all !
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 80
  4. 81
  5. 82
  6. 83
  7. 84
  8. ...
  9. 90