2. ...
  3. 81
  4. 82
  5. 83
  6. 84
  7. 85
  8. ...
  9. 91
I'm disappointed I don't recognize the artistic touch of 343, its look like a remaster of the old episodes, 117 look like a Lego, I hope this is not definitive
I actually cried when watching this because the nostalgia was nothing like I have ever felt before.
Felt the same way about it bro. Emotions rocketed high up as the classical CE music came up. And the tears suddenly came when Cortana's voice appeared in the Control Room. Couldn't do anything about it. Watched the trailer three times in a row... always the same reaction.
The nostalgy, the music, Chief, Cortana... awesome. 343 is doing the right thing.
Music makes a big difference. The emotional effect wouldn't have been anywhere near to the same if they had used some garbage Halo5 OST.
Also liked the hologram scene. Adorable.
I am very happy with the design. Only thing I think looks too cartoony to me is Chief's armour. A more dark green armour would be enough to get rid of the cartoony look.
Seriously loved 343 having Chief's weight on mind. That scene when Chief was lifted down sounded like a tank just hit the ground... damn good!
I'm so damn hyped now, too.
One last thing... has anyone noticed that the UNSC dude has grown longer hair and a beard within like less than 2min.
A mistake? Anyway, looks more likeable with longer hair...
So vague till the end, I'm so hyped!
good trailer but graphics are too plastic, please don't use that in the game
Hope there is gonna be a good explanation for why he wearing a different suit again. Not "duhhh... nanobots".
I actually cried when watching this because the nostalgia was nothing like I have ever felt before.
One last thing... has anyone noticed that the UNSC dude has grown longer hair and a beard within like less than 2min.
A mistake? Anyway, looks more likeable with longer hair...
Not a mistake but indication of passing of time. He's just stranded in that Pelican for a long time. The hologram is there to indicate him missing his home and emphasizing the time passed.
So we still don't know...
- If the flood are returning.
- If the game will be open world and less linear.
- If there will be deer and rhino's (they might have just been there to show off the game engine).
- If there will be playable elites.
- Who we are fighting (probably cortana).
- Where most of the game will be based.
- If the Arbiter will be our main companion.
- If brutes are coming back.
- What any of the gameplay will be like.
- When we can test the game via the flighting programme.

It was an okay trailer, but it isn't very exciting for someone who is new to the halo franchise (who 343 are especially trying to appeal to).
It was a trailer that only gets the fans of the old armour and artstyle talking.
I would have preferred a trailer that gave us a slight glimpse of what we can expect to experience in terms of gameplay to be honest.

I'm not here to slate 343 in every way, the visuals were amazing and the music brings me back to when Halo was at it's peak. But I still have no idea what this game is about or when I can test it in the flighting programme, a year before launch.
DiPurps wrote:
I'm disappointed I don't recognize the artistic touch of 343, its look like a remaster of the old episodes, 117 look like a Lego, I hope this is not definitive
1. Remaster of old episodes?!?! EPISODES?!?!
2. 117 being plastered on his chest plate isn’t very different from 117 being on his chest plate in Halo 4/5. The only difference is that it is much easier to tell that it is there.
AMA4N wrote:
good trailer but graphics are too plastic, please don't use that in the game
You say that, but then I see your profile picture and I cringe just a little bit..
I adore the art direction and art style. In addition to this, I was surprised by how much charisma the marine had. A few of my friends compared the Marine to the Kilo 5 Mythos artwork and saw some similarities to Phillip. Not saying that is him. It has been pretty much stated that he is a new character. Still cool that the old art style is returning. the interior of the Pelican has Pillar of Autumn vibes and that assault rifle looks just like Reach's. Cannot wait to see more about gameplay and forge in the future!
slipkick01 wrote:
- If there will be deer and rhino's (they might have just been there to show off the game engine).

It was an okay trailer, but it isn't very exciting for someone who is new to the halo franchise (who 343 are especially trying to appeal to).
It was a trailer that only gets the fans of the old armour and artstyle talking.
I would have preferred a trailer that gave us a slight glimpse of what we can expect to experience in terms of gameplay to be honest.

I'm not here to slate 343 in every way, the visuals were amazing and the music brings me back to when Halo was at it's peak. But I still have no idea what this game is about or when I can test it in the flighting programme, a year before launch.
I think the reasons it was done the way it was...

A) The game is still over a year from release.
B) The console it will release on is still incomplete (and also more than a year away from releasing).
Darth5shot wrote:
slipkick01 wrote:

I think the reasons it was done the way it was...

A) The game is still over a year from release.
B) The console it will release on is still incomplete (and also more than a year away from releasing).
There is also the fact that they are seeming to do a more Halo 3 style ad campaign leading up to it’s release, and they are trying to have people wondering in the mysteries so the trailer makes sense.
I hope we get more info in the next few weeks.

I really like how they brought back the old pelican!
The Art in Halo i is amazing my first impresion was neutral but when repeat the trailer in a better resolution than the E3 stream i can see the details and the love in the game, 343 madre This game whit the feedback and they madre a nice work, in the latam comunity is the same, a lot of peopel likes the tradicional amor whit the new texturas and the New narrative but a lot of persona dosent matter

We need wait 1 year more, but i hope the next year gonna be the year for halo.
I'm sorry, but I think 343i made a mistake by going back to the old Art Design of the previous trilogy
I'm sorry, but I think 343i made a mistake by going back to the old Art Design of the previous trilogy
Agreed I never really minded the halo 4 / halo 5 artstyle I don't see why people hated it so much
DiPurps wrote:
2. 117 being plastered on his chest plate isn’t very different from 117 being on his chest plate in Halo 4/5. The only difference is that it is much easier to tell that it is there.
Sorry if my english is bad :(
But for this "new" armor generally yes the design is too old he look like a toy, nothing compared to the 4 and 5 episodes .
Why they are doing that, artists should never do something only for the fan, it's not credible.
I hope for the final game they see that is too strange
I'm going to give 343 a chance here. Let's think of the pros/cons objectively.

Halo 4 came out, great trailer too. Had me pumped. More pumped than this trailer did actually, but also less comfortable than this trailer made me Reasons will be explained.
So I wanted to see the halo series continue as I felt it was unfinished.
As I played halo 4, I was pleasantly surprised at the graphics and presentation and liked that it started off right where halo 3 ended.
But, after a mediocre campaign, I moved onto the next debacle - the COD esque features of the multiplayer. It felt peppered with something that was un-halo like.
Nevertheless, I still felt the good base engine of the halo fps standard, and halo 4 still ranks high in my all time halo rankings, above reach, but before halo 3 or possibly tied!

Halo 5, the trailers with locke, etc made me horrendously uncomfortable, and halo became less grand in scope. Meanwhile, when actually playing the game, it went too far in the other direction with all kinds of a.i. ancestry -Yoink-. Now onto the multiplayer, It was touted to bring back, (yea.. that's right..), 343 claimed they had learned their lesson and were going to restore the gameplay back to the way it was; with the power weopons and arena styles combat. Well, it didn't fail miserably. In fact I like halo 5, and I play it from time to time. But, the increased agility of the game, was clearly more deep into the realm of COD-esque gameplay again. It lost the purity of halo and became too intense. It hurt my fingers trying to dive, and boost forward with jetpack etc. So the muliplayer was overall pretty good. But, for 343 standards that is.
It didn't really carry the series forward much the way halo 2 did with the matchmaking options, the ranking system, the amazingly well balanced game types that segregated people just right; not too thin not too skewed towards 1 game type, and the ability to steal vehicles, amount of new weopons etc. As for the halo 5 Campaign on the other hand, it is absolute -Yoink-. Not even going to explain why, but they followed halo 2's campaign model, yet still failed miserably. Locke was supposed to be like Arbiter. WTF? 343, that was like the biggest complaint of halo 2 that people didn't like playing as the arbiter too much, and wanted more of chief. The arbiter was ok, but not 50%, and then they do the same exact thing with Locke in halo 5. Halo 5 is to halo 4, and halo 2 is to halo 1. Both sequels to their trilogies, so this was obviously a formulaic plot line from 343.

So, we've been giving 343 a chance, time in and time out.. But, let's consider one more thing. After halo 2, even Bungie didn't really deliver in the halo campaign.
The halo 3 campaign played it kinda safe, tying some loose ends, and basically being a homage to the first halo in the way it ended. However, the production value was still there, with the presentation, level design and martin'o'-Yoinking!- donnell's amazing ost. And then the multiplayers was a nice evolutionary step up. Good stuff.

But, seeing as the campaign.. hasn't delivered since halo 2.. how can we expect anything good with the halo campaign here? I'll agree that halo 2's plant monster and abrupt-seeming end pissed me off as well as many others in 2004. But, it was still a very ambitious campaign in terms of moving the storyline forward and introducing the covenant hierarchy and such. And, the presentation value was out of the charts, it brought true emotional depth in the campaign, presentation, and the dark blue UI, oh man. Even with Halo 2 though, many incl. myself complained about the lack of graphics delivery that they promised in e3 2003, and other immature things I complained about at the time. Halo 2 overall, through time, was and is magnificent, in an era that (preceded COD and gears, halo kept coming with something new in each game, that's HALO, that's why you see the memes like 'I know I can't but he can'. That's halo folks!

In conclusion, 343 gave us something new in halo 4 from bungie. It's good, not great. Halo 5 didn't give much new, a step down.
Halo 6, story wise? how can you expect 343 to deliver? Come on.. they'd have to pull something out of a unicorn's -Yoink- to do that.
This trailer shows nothing new. Another halo? hahahahaha So funny, didn't we see another halo in like .. halo 2?
So what can we expect, what should we expect? We should expect an homage to halo 1, halo 4, and 343 wrapping up the campaign in a similar way as bungie tried to do with halo 3. There's literally nothing left to expect from the campaign. Are they going to rehash the same absurd cortana storyline? are they going to bring back cortana's creator (what's her name?), maybe the Arbiter's death will be there? maybe Locke dies? maybe the Flood are eliminated? They are going to obviously follow halo 3's plotline and kill someone, like they did Sgt. Johnson.
or maybe oo oo oo, or maybe they'll actually have the balls to try something new. Maybe, the earth blows us,
Maybe, the demolition of all the haloes would be somewhat satisfactory. Maybe, the chief dies.
Although I doubt the execution or attempt at any of this.
There's hope for 343, but from their track record, we won't see it.

However, for multiplayer, I am hoping 343 will deliver. They have a real chance here folks.
DiPurps wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
Sorry if my english is bad :(
But for this "new" armor generally yes the design is too old he look like a toy, nothing compared to the 4 and 5 episodes .
Why they are doing that, artists should never do something only for the fan, it's not credible.
I hope for the final game they see that is too strange
1. No worries
2. The new design is just about my favorite (behind the H2A chief armor), and is already loved by most of the Halo community (keep in mind that most of Halo fans aren’t on Waypoint so it may not seem that way).
3. When an artist does something that pisses off most of their fans (it was just about all in the beginning, but new players came in), it is generally considered to be a dumb move as well as drive many away, which looses money and then that company dies out.
4. They have had such good responses from the community to the new armor and art style so changing back is unlikely and I am glad that that is so.

Not trying to be hostile, but when I see Chief’s Halo Infinite armor I see the icon back in business, and your comments against the armor triggered me.
SuPerMaChi wrote:
I'm going to give 343 a chance here. Let's think of the pros/cons objectively.

Halo 4 came out, great trailer too. Had me pumped. More pumped than this trailer did actually, but also less comfortable than this trailer made me Reasons will be explained.
So I wanted to see the halo series continue as I felt it was unfinished.
As I played halo 4, I was pleasantly surprised at the graphics and presentation and liked that it started off right where halo 3 ended.
But, after a mediocre campaign, I moved onto the next debacle - the COD esque features of the multiplayer. It felt peppered with something that was un-halo like.
Nevertheless, I still felt the good base engine of the halo fps standard, and halo 4 still ranks high in my all time halo rankings, above reach, but before halo 3 or possibly tied!

Halo 5, the trailers with locke, etc made me horrendously uncomfortable, and halo became less grand in scope. Meanwhile, when actually playing the game, it went too far in the other direction with all kinds of a.i. ancestry -Yoink-. Now onto the multiplayer, It was touted to bring back, (yea.. that's right..), 343 claimed they had learned their lesson and were going to restore the gameplay back to the way it was; with the power weopons and arena styles combat. Well, it didn't fail miserably. In fact I like halo 5, and I play it from time to time. But, the increased agility of the game, was clearly more deep into the realm of COD-esque gameplay again. It lost the purity of halo and became too intense. It hurt my fingers trying to dive, and boost forward with jetpack etc. So the muliplayer was overall pretty good. But, for 343 standards that is.
It didn't really carry the series forward much the way halo 2 did with the matchmaking options, the ranking system, the amazingly well balanced game types that segregated people just right; not too thin not too skewed towards 1 game type, and the ability to steal vehicles, amount of new weopons etc. As for the halo 5 Campaign on the other hand, it is absolute -Yoink-. Not even going to explain why, but they followed halo 2's campaign model, yet still failed miserably. Locke was supposed to be like Arbiter. WTF? 343, that was like the biggest complaint of halo 2 that people didn't like playing as the arbiter too much, and wanted more of chief. The arbiter was ok, but not 50%, and then they do the same exact thing with Locke in halo 5. Halo 5 is to halo 4, and halo 2 is to halo 1. Both sequels to their trilogies, so this was obviously a formulaic plot line from 343.

So, we've been giving 343 a chance, time in and time out.. But, let's consider one more thing. After halo 2, even Bungie didn't really deliver in the halo campaign.
The halo 3 campaign played it kinda safe, tying some loose ends, and basically being a homage to the first halo in the way it ended. However, the production value was still there, with the presentation, level design and martin'o'-Yoinking!- donnell's amazing ost. And then the multiplayers was a nice evolutionary step up. Good stuff.

But, seeing as the campaign.. hasn't delivered since halo 2.. how can we expect anything good with the halo campaign here? I'll agree that halo 2's plant monster and abrupt-seeming end pissed me off as well as many others in 2004. But, it was still a very ambitious campaign in terms of moving the storyline forward and introducing the covenant hierarchy and such. And, the presentation value was out of the charts, it brought true emotional depth in the campaign, presentation, and the dark blue UI, oh man. Even with Halo 2 though, many incl. myself complained about the lack of graphics delivery that they promised in e3 2003, and other immature things I complained about at the time. Halo 2 overall, through time, was and is magnificent, in an era that (preceded COD and gears, halo kept coming with something new in each game, that's HALO, that's why you see the memes like 'I know I can't but he can'. That's halo folks!

In conclusion, 343 gave us something new in halo 4 from bungie. It's good, not great. Halo 5 didn't give much new, a step down.
Halo 6, story wise? how can you expect 343 to deliver? Come on.. they'd have to pull something out of a unicorn's -Yoink- to do that.
This trailer shows nothing new. Another halo? hahahahaha So funny, didn't we see another halo in like .. halo 2?
So what can we expect, what should we expect? We should expect an homage to halo 1, halo 4, and 343 wrapping up the campaign in a similar way as bungie tried to do with halo 3. There's literally nothing left to expect from the campaign. Are they going to rehash the same absurd cortana storyline? are they going to bring back cortana's creator (what's her name?), maybe the Arbiter's death will be there? maybe Locke dies? maybe the Flood are eliminated? They are going to obviously follow halo 3's plotline and kill someone, like they did Sgt. Johnson.
or maybe oo oo oo, or maybe they'll actually have the balls to try something new. Maybe, the earth blows us,
Maybe, the demolition of all the haloes would be somewhat satisfactory. Maybe, the chief dies.
Although I doubt the execution or attempt at any of this.
There's hope for 343, but from their track record, we won't see it.

However, for multiplayer, I am hoping 343 will deliver. They have a real chance here folks.
Halo 3’s campaign was great, and your lack of faith is disturbing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 81
  4. 82
  5. 83
  6. 84
  7. 85
  8. ...
  9. 91