1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 82
  4. 83
  5. 84
  6. 85
  7. ...
  8. 86
Super pumped for this game! Trailer had a much darker tone to it, kind of like halo 1 flood vibes. I hope they stuck with that aesthetic for the game.
Looks interesting. Can’t wait.
DiPurps wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
I'm disappointed I don't recognize the artistic touch of 343, its look like a remaster of the old episodes, 117 look like a Lego, I hope this is not definitive
1. Remaster of old episodes?!?! EPISODES?!?!
2. 117 being plastered on his chest plate isn’t very different from 117 being on his chest plate in Halo 4/5. The only difference is that it is much easier to tell that it is there.
Sorry if my english is bad :(
But for this "new" armor generally yes the design is too old he look like a toy, nothing compared to the 4 and 5 episodes .
Why they are doing that, artists should never do something only for the fan, it's not credible.
I hope for the final game they see that is too strange
1. No worries
2. The new design is just about my favorite (behind the H2A chief armor), and is already loved by most of the Halo community (keep in mind that most of Halo fans aren’t on Waypoint so it may not seem that way).
3. When an artist does something that pisses off most of their fans (it was just about all in the beginning, but new players came in), it is generally considered to be a dumb move as well as drive many away, which looses money and then that company dies out.
4. They have had such good responses from the community to the new armor and art style so changing back is unlikely and I am glad that that is so.

Not trying to be hostile, but when I see Chief’s Halo Infinite armor I see the icon back in business, and your comments against the armor triggered me.
DiPurps wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
I'm disappointed I don't recognize the artistic touch of 343, its look like a remaster of the old episodes, 117 look like a Lego, I hope this is not definitive
2. 117 being plastered on his chest plate isn’t very different from 117 being on his chest plate in Halo 4/5. The only difference is that it is much easier to tell that it is there.
But for this "new" armor generally yes the design is too old he look like a toy, nothing compared to the 4 and 5 episodes .
Why they are doing that, artists should never do something only for the fan, it's not credible.
1. No worries
2. The new design is just about my favorite (behind the H2A chief armor), and is already loved by most of the Halo community (keep in mind that most of Halo fans aren’t on Waypoint so it may not seem that way).
3. When an artist does something that pisses off most of their fans (it was just about all in the beginning, but new players came in), it is generally considered to be a dumb move as well as drive many away, which looses money and then that company dies out.
4. They have had such good responses from the community to the new armor and art style so changing back is unlikely and I am glad that that is so.

Not trying to be hostile, but when I see Chief’s Halo Infinite armor I see the icon back in business, and your comments against the armor triggered me.
no worries I'm not trying to be hostile too I'm not a nostalgic person it is just what I'm thinking and I saw a return to the past without reason, and I didn't see any survey of what the community thinks and I don't care, I don't think we are all thinking the same thing..
if you take the other industry the best artists don't do that, they don't let the Fans write the story or compose the music or design the cloth, or paint the board that has to evolve... I don't want to see the same movie or listen the same song again and again. I don't Have anything about taking inspiration from the old Armors, could be a good thing but not like that, I hope they will fix this And give the armor more details and a better general form and do something more in the actual graphics standards they are not limited for the design anymore like 10 years ago, its really strange in the E3 2019 cinematic,
no information about gameplay and more or less only stuff we knew about the game already last year. very dissapointing e3 in terms of halo infinite.

what we learned last year: art style a mix of old and new with the armour design heavily being inspired by the old style and music also inspired by old tracks

what they were talking about this year: art style a mix of old and new with the armour design heavily being inspired by the old style and music also inspired by old tracks

the only new thing: there will be a new charackter with this one pilot...
DiPurps wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
1. No worries

DiPurps wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
1. No worries

no worries I'm not trying to be hostile too I'm not a nostalgic person it is just what I'm thinking and I saw a return to the past without reason, and I didn't see any survey of what the community thinks and I don't care, I don't think we are all thinking the same thing..
if you take the other industry the best artists don't do that, they don't let the Fans write the story or compose the music or design the cloth, or paint the board that has to evolve... I don't want to see the same movie or listen the same song again and again. I don't Have anything about taking inspiration from the old Armors, could be a good thing but not like that, I hope they will fix this And give the armor more details and a better general form and do something more in the actual graphics standards they are not limited for the design anymore like 10 years ago, its really strange in the E3 2019 cinematic,
Dude they ARE taking inspiration from all of the Halos and there are many explanations for these sudden changes, but they probably won’t release the official reasons until later because they are focus on Infinite’s development right now. As for the other gaming industries not doing something like this, that is simply due to the fact that Microsoft and 343i are the most gamer friendly companies right now and love and appreciate their fans so they are more than willing to listen to them, while most other companies in the gaming industry right now under big industries like Activision or Electronic Arts are very unfriendly to gamers and hardly listen to gamers, because they care more about money and their own agendas and a great example of that is Battlefield 5 which heavily damaged EA and yet they are still going down the same path. You see here Halo Infinite is supposed to look and feel familiar, while also looking new and with a good story that is in no way copying any other Halo.
DiPurps wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
1. No worries

DiPurps wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
1. No worries

Dude they ARE taking inspiration from all of the Halos and there are many explanations for these sudden changes, but they probably won’t release the official reasons until later because they are focus on Infinite’s development right now. As for the other gaming industries not doing something like this, that is simply due to the fact that Microsoft and 343i are the most gamer friendly companies right now and love and appreciate their fans so they are more than willing to listen to them, while most other companies in the gaming industry right now under big industries like Activision or Electronic Arts are very unfriendly to gamers and hardly listen to gamers, because they care more about money and their own agendas and a great example of that is Battlefield 5 which heavily damaged EA and yet they are still going down the same path. You see here Halo Infinite is supposed to look and feel familiar, while also looking new and with a good story that is in no way copying any other Halo.
I also prefer this new art style compared to H4/H5. They were cool styles, but not halo's style imo.

Can we get more info though?
ARMOR MUSCLES RETURN!
S1174269 wrote:
I actually cried when watching this because the nostalgia was nothing like I have ever felt before.
Felt the same way about it bro. Emotions rocketed high up as the classical CE music came up. And the tears suddenly came when Cortana's voice appeared in the Control Room. Couldn't do anything about it. Watched the trailer three times in a row... always the same reaction.
The nostalgy, the music, Chief, Cortana... awesome. 343 is doing the right thing.
Music makes a big difference. The emotional effect wouldn't have been anywhere near to the same if they had used some garbage Halo5 OST.
Also liked the hologram scene. Adorable.
I am very happy with the design. Only thing I think looks too cartoony to me is Chief's armour. A more dark green armour would be enough to get rid of the cartoony look.
Seriously loved 343 having Chief's weight on mind. That scene when Chief was lifted down sounded like a tank just hit the ground... damn good!
I'm so damn hyped now, too.
One last thing... has anyone noticed that the UNSC dude has grown longer hair and a beard within like less than 2min.
A mistake? Anyway, looks more likeable with longer hair...
Months have passed between the first image and the second (small and large beard.) Many months. Notice how at first all lights were on then were off. I want to also say the moment I cried (embarrasingly cause I was in a voice party with friends 😅) was hearing the old [original] shield regeneration sound. That drop effect was very impressive. I wonder what they used irl to make that sound? That trailer was gorgeous. I have an old buddy. (Like, we met in 3rd grade. Now we are both grown adults) and we were fanatical fans of Halo. We both loved system link play. When Halo 4 dropped, he (and I) were very disappointed. Halo 5 caused him to leave the franchise. I stayed. He just texted me yesterday. He said he may get the game if I can confirm it's really good. This should be proof 343I is on the right track. Old Halo fans (and new ones) will be very happy with this game. This is the time for Hope and Redemption. This.... is their fight.... our fight..... This is Our Land.
S1174269 wrote:
S1174269 wrote:
I actually cried when watching this because the nostalgia was nothing like I have ever felt before.
Felt the same way about it bro. Emotions rocketed high up as the classical CE music came up. And the tears suddenly came when Cortana's voice appeared in the Control Room. Couldn't do anything about it. Watched the trailer three times in a row... always the same reaction.
The nostalgy, the music, Chief, Cortana... awesome. 343 is doing the right thing.
Music makes a big difference. The emotional effect wouldn't have been anywhere near to the same if they had used some garbage Halo5 OST.
Also liked the hologram scene. Adorable.
I am very happy with the design. Only thing I think looks too cartoony to me is Chief's armour. A more dark green armour would be enough to get rid of the cartoony look.
Seriously loved 343 having Chief's weight on mind. That scene when Chief was lifted down sounded like a tank just hit the ground... damn good!
I'm so damn hyped now, too.
One last thing... has anyone noticed that the UNSC dude has grown longer hair and a beard within like less than 2min.
A mistake? Anyway, looks more likeable with longer hair...
Months have passed between the first image and the second (small and large beard.) Many months. Notice how at first all lights were on then were off. I want to also say the moment I cried (embarrasingly cause I was in a voice party with friends 😅) was hearing the old [original] shield regeneration sound. That drop effect was very impressive. I wonder what they used irl to make that sound? That trailer was gorgeous. I have an old buddy. (Like, we met in 3rd grade. Now we are both grown adults) and we were fanatical fans of Halo. We both loved system link play. When Halo 4 dropped, he (and I) were very disappointed. Halo 5 caused him to leave the franchise. I stayed. He just texted me yesterday. He said he may get the game if I can confirm it's really good. This should be proof 343I is on the right track. Old Halo fans (and new ones) will be very happy with this game. This is the time for Hope and Redemption. This.... is their fight.... our fight..... This is Our Land.
Truly a time to celebrate! Also I hate to bring this up, but when I spot something like this if I say nothing than it eats away at me. How could the Marine have survived without any food or water (or waste disposal) for a month or more? The Chief would be understandable because of the way that Spartan suits are made, but he is just a Marine and there were seemingly limited to zero food and water supplies and the human anatomy means that really he should’ve been dead by then. Again I apologize, but when I spot something like that it eats at me until I bring it up.
I am pretty sure we were all expecting a lot more out of this E3 conference, sadly they delivered a great trailer that we didn't want. No gameplay, just more visuals. As much as I love Master Chiefs sexy bod, I wanted to see the new gameplay.
Forum Team wrote:
The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engine, Halo Infinite was revealed at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing with a thrilling engine demo that provides a glimpse into the future of the Halo franchise, leading it into new and unexpected directions.

Read the announcement blog here and watch the full trailer here!
PLEASE, add language selector for dubbing in the Game options menu (As in MCC). I'm from Spain and I prefer Halo in its original version with subtitles. You dont know how grateful I would be!! ❤❤❤
A return to form! Having played every Halo game (including the PC ports) I a eagerly await its release!
Mr Guru117 wrote:
A return to form! Having played every Halo game (including the PC ports) I a eagerly await its release!
Same here! Hopefully it comes out soon!
Bring Back Avery Johnson to Infinite! Think about it: What happens if Johnson appeared in surprise saving Master Chief in a assured death and said: "You want to know how I'm alive son? I'm sorry, it's classified." It would be EPIC and a kameo at the same time. I know that he was dead but I feel that he is a carimastic and unique character that I missed a lot in the last games. And qmon... the lucky and the hope its the base of Halo history ❤
Pd: The trailer was incredible!
Hey all,

Do you think Halo Infinite will support ray tracing? Nvidia's RTX GPUs and presumably AMDs with Navi support it and they confirmed that the next Xbox console will support it so lets hope 343 will take advantage of it and any new technologies built into the console. Keep up the good work 343!
Yairozick wrote:
Mr Guru117 wrote:
Holiday 2020 so right in time for Christmas!
(Long post incoming)

We knew a lot about Halo 5: Guardians before the demo at E3. To the point where the conference felt somewhat underwhelming. There was a giant blog post that talked about the squad mechanics and hinted at the story that was going on in Halo 5, and there was also the Hunt the Truth campaign that "hinted" at the story. We also knew there wouldn't be split screen in Halo 5. If I remember correctly the only thing that was "revealed" at E3 2015 was Warzone, and physically seeing the story in action (which was a mission towards the end of the story rather than the beginning or middle). We also had the Halo 5 Beta way before the E3 reveal. So we already had a good taste of what the game looks like and how it works before the reveal came out.

And then there is Halo Infinite. Where we don't know much about the story, multiplayer, or gameplay. There isn't even certainty who the villain is, or who will be featured in it other than Master Chief. We're fairly certain about the location but even that isn't technically confirmed. There is even talk that it won't be on the Xbox one and will be a next gen exclusive, but we don't know. We know that Battle Royale mode won't be in Infinite, and that there will be split screen and a "beta". There is even talks about this being an open world game? Even the small things like Customization are only hinted at, saying "Fans of reach will be happy with this system" (obviously not an exact quote) 343 has been uncharacteristically quiet about Halo Infinite compared to the past and I'm not sure why. I mean they were really quiet about MCC but promised that even though Halo 5 wouldn't be at that particular E3, that they had something Halo related.

I didn't really follow Halo Wars 2 news so if you wanna correct me on this in regards to that please do.

I see this playing out in one of two ways. The first one is plain and simple. They don't have enough to show us and will give us minimally just another trailer that doesn't any gameplay. Probably a minimal story driven trailer. No specific details. Something like Halo 4's E3 conference but less. They may give us more details about Halo Reach on MCC. Although personally I doubt it will be much on that front. (This is the option I hope doesn't come to pass)

Or

There will be this like explosion of information. Like MCC style. There will be story. There will be gameplay. There will be new multiplayer modes. There will be campaign footage. Hopefully they throw something out there that we weren't expecting but excited for (I doubt they can surprise us at this point, gamers have high imaginations and high expectations). Release date for a "beta". They will also talk about Reach on MCC. Again I doubt there will be much on that front. Release date for Reach on MCC or Halo Infinite is a high possibility in this particular situation. Doubt it will be both though. God only loves us so much.

Halo Tv series? Who knows at this point. Don't get your hopes up I say.

I just think the lack of news surrounding Halo Infinite the day before its E3 showcase is interesting. I'm not sure if it's worrisome or encouraging. Either they have a lot to show us or they have practically nothing to show us yet. Part of me argues that if they didn't have much to show us they would kind of warn us. I mean they did in the past with Halo 5, saying they didn't have a lot of Guardians news at E3 (I think it was 2014?) but they did have something else?

What do you guys think?
I'm really disappointing that it was mostly my first prediction that came true.
Mr Guru117 wrote:
Yairozick wrote:
Mr Guru117 wrote:
Holiday 2020 so right in time for Christmas!
Well, anywhere from November to Christmas more accurately.
Quote:
"...The contract between Bungie and Activision expires on January 1st, 2020. 1 year and 1 day from now. They can reach a decision by June of this year. Meaning we can find out at E3 2019. Along with the Trailer for Halo: Infinite (I doubt they would put it on the Xbox One. I think it will be on the next gen Xbox and the website only says One as a ruse.) and the announcement of the Next Gen Xbox..."
So, I wrote this on December 30th, 2018. I took a complete and random guess at the thought it would be on the next gen Xbox. I jad no way of knowing. As I have stated in past posts from months ago, I do not have any contact(s) in the gaming industry. I do talk frequently through public tweets with Brad Sams, but normally it is to comment on things he says rather than get insider info first. At the time of writing this, I was not having any communication with any member of Xbox, Microsoft, 343I, or any other gaming insider or dev. I somehow had the thought that the idea of Halo wanting to return to its roots included it being a launch title. I made other posts in similar context to this later a few weeks after this quoted post (the original was much longer. But the entirety of the post is irrelevent to the current events and announcements. I left a bit here to provide a bit of additional context.) They all stated things like Halo being a next gen game or how they can reveal the game. I listed three ways, one said in the beginning, one said at the end, and one said a surprise in the middle. Two were to happen after the console announcement. I do not want to take the time to look for the post about that. If I have time I will. But I do not personally think it is necessary now. The post can be found on page 65 if anyone cares to look. Should be the last post on there.

"Halo, its finished"
"No, I think we're just getting started"
S1174269 wrote:
Quote:
"...The contract between Bungie and Activision expires on January 1st, 2020. 1 year and 1 day from now. They can reach a decision by June of this year. Meaning we can find out at E3 2019. Along with the Trailer for Halo: Infinite (I doubt they would put it on the Xbox One. I think it will be on the next gen Xbox and the website only says One as a ruse.) and the announcement of the Next Gen Xbox..."
So, I wrote this on December 30th, 2018. I took a complete and random guess at the thought it would be on the next gen Xbox. I jad no way of knowing. As I have stated in past posts from months ago, I do not have any contact(s) in the gaming industry. I do talk frequently through public tweets with Brad Sams, but normally it is to comment on things he says rather than get insider info first. At the time of writing this, I was not having any communication with any member of Xbox, Microsoft, 343I, or any other gaming insider or dev. I somehow had the thought that the idea of Halo wanting to return to its roots included it being a launch title. I made other posts in similar context to this later a few weeks after this quoted post (the original was much longer. But the entirety of the post is irrelevent to the current events and announcements. I left a bit here to provide a bit of additional context.) They all stated things like Halo being a next gen game or how they can reveal the game. I listed three ways, one said in the beginning, one said at the end, and one said a surprise in the middle. Two were to happen after the console announcement. I do not want to take the time to look for the post about that. If I have time I will. But I do not personally think it is necessary now. The post can be found on page 65 if anyone cares to look. Should be the last post on there.

"Halo, its finished"
"No, I think we're just getting started"
well you certainly were wrong about it not being on xbox one as both 343 and xbox said it will be but pretty much everybody predicted it was a cross generation game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 82
  4. 83
  5. 84
  6. 85
  7. ...
  8. 86