Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite - E3 Announcement Discussion Thread

OP Forum Team

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 83
  4. 84
  5. 85
  6. 86
  7. ...
  8. 87
S1174269 wrote:
Quote:
"...The contract between Bungie and Activision expires on January 1st, 2020. 1 year and 1 day from now. They can reach a decision by June of this year. Meaning we can find out at E3 2019. Along with the Trailer for Halo: Infinite (I doubt they would put it on the Xbox One. I think it will be on the next gen Xbox and the website only says One as a ruse.) and the announcement of the Next Gen Xbox..."
So, I wrote this on December 30th, 2018. I took a complete and random guess at the thought it would be on the next gen Xbox. I jad no way of knowing. As I have stated in past posts from months ago, I do not have any contact(s) in the gaming industry. I do talk frequently through public tweets with Brad Sams, but normally it is to comment on things he says rather than get insider info first. At the time of writing this, I was not having any communication with any member of Xbox, Microsoft, 343I, or any other gaming insider or dev. I somehow had the thought that the idea of Halo wanting to return to its roots included it being a launch title. I made other posts in similar context to this later a few weeks after this quoted post (the original was much longer. But the entirety of the post is irrelevent to the current events and announcements. I left a bit here to provide a bit of additional context.) They all stated things like Halo being a next gen game or how they can reveal the game. I listed three ways, one said in the beginning, one said at the end, and one said a surprise in the middle. Two were to happen after the console announcement. I do not want to take the time to look for the post about that. If I have time I will. But I do not personally think it is necessary now. The post can be found on page 65 if anyone cares to look. Should be the last post on there.

"Halo, its finished"
"No, I think we're just getting started"
well you certainly were wrong about it not being on xbox one as both 343 and xbox said it will be but pretty much everybody predicted it was a cross generation game
Well, everyone except for pretty much every Halo YouTuber you could think of.
S1174269 wrote:
Quote:
"...The contract between Bungie and Activision expires on January 1st, 2020. 1 year and 1 day from now. They can reach a decision by June of this year. Meaning we can find out at E3 2019. Along with the Trailer for Halo: Infinite (I doubt they would put it on the Xbox One. I think it will be on the next gen Xbox and the website only says One as a ruse.) and the announcement of the Next Gen Xbox..."
So, I wrote this on December 30th, 2018. I took a complete and random guess at the thought it would be on the next gen Xbox. I jad no way of knowing. As I have stated in past posts from months ago, I do not have any contact(s) in the gaming industry. I do talk frequently through public tweets with Brad Sams, but normally it is to comment on things he says rather than get insider info first. At the time of writing this, I was not having any communication with any member of Xbox, Microsoft, 343I, or any other gaming insider or dev. I somehow had the thought that the idea of Halo wanting to return to its roots included it being a launch title. I made other posts in similar context to this later a few weeks after this quoted post (the original was much longer. But the entirety of the post is irrelevent to the current events and announcements. I left a bit here to provide a bit of additional context.) They all stated things like Halo being a next gen game or how they can reveal the game. I listed three ways, one said in the beginning, one said at the end, and one said a surprise in the middle. Two were to happen after the console announcement. I do not want to take the time to look for the post about that. If I have time I will. But I do not personally think it is necessary now. The post can be found on page 65 if anyone cares to look. Should be the last post on there.

"Halo, its finished"
"No, I think we're just getting started"
well you certainly were wrong about it not being on xbox one as both 343 and xbox said it will be but pretty much everybody predicted it was a cross generation game
You are correct. I was not 100% right when making this comment. I only took a stab at it. Never immagined I would even be as right as I was. I thought, as E3 2018 got closer, I was dead wrong and the game would be on Xbox One. I do want to mention X Cloud was not yet announced at this time if I remember correctly. I won't count that. I completely believe I was not 100% correct. I made sure to make that clear before posting yesterday. I have no insider knowledge and anything I say is my own personal speculation or opinion. If I am wrong, I am wrong. If I am right, I may be cheeky about it in a lighthearted way, but not a bragging haha-I-was-right way.

Edit: went on the Xbox website to verify if the game is still showing on Xbox One. It does and I have removed a section of this comment that contradicts this.
S1174269 wrote:
S1174269 wrote:
Quote:
"...The contract between Bungie and Activision expires on January 1st, 2020. 1 year and 1 day from now. They can reach a decision by June of this year. Meaning we can find out at E3 2019. Along with the Trailer for Halo: Infinite (I doubt they would put it on the Xbox One. I think it will be on the next gen Xbox and the website only says One as a ruse.) and the announcement of the Next Gen Xbox..."
So, I wrote this on December 30th, 2018. I took a complete and random guess at the thought it would be on the next gen Xbox. I jad no way of knowing. As I have stated in past posts from months ago, I do not have any contact(s) in the gaming industry. I do talk frequently through public tweets with Brad Sams, but normally it is to comment on things he says rather than get insider info first. At the time of writing this, I was not having any communication with any member of Xbox, Microsoft, 343I, or any other gaming insider or dev. I somehow had the thought that the idea of Halo wanting to return to its roots included it being a launch title. I made other posts in similar context to this later a few weeks after this quoted post (the original was much longer. But the entirety of the post is irrelevent to the current events and announcements. I left a bit here to provide a bit of additional context.) They all stated things like Halo being a next gen game or how they can reveal the game. I listed three ways, one said in the beginning, one said at the end, and one said a surprise in the middle. Two were to happen after the console announcement. I do not want to take the time to look for the post about that. If I have time I will. But I do not personally think it is necessary now. The post can be found on page 65 if anyone cares to look. Should be the last post on there.

"Halo, its finished"
"No, I think we're just getting started"
well you certainly were wrong about it not being on xbox one as both 343 and xbox said it will be but pretty much everybody predicted it was a cross generation game
You are correct. I was not 100% right when making this comment. I only took a stab at it. Never immagined I would even be as right as I was. I thought, as E3 2018 got closer, I was dead wrong and the game would be on Xbox One. I do want to mention X Cloud was not yet announced at this time if I remember correctly. I won't count that. I completely believe I was not 100% correct. I made sure to make that clear before posting yesterday. I have no insider knowledge and anything I say is my own personal speculation or opinion. If I am wrong, I am wrong. If I am right, I may be cheeky about it in a lighthearted way, but not a bragging haha-I-was-right way.

Edit: went on the Xbox website to verify if the game is still showing on Xbox One. It does and I have removed a section of this comment that contradicts this.
I believe X-Cloud was announced same e3 conference infinite was and x cloud comes out in october
I think 343i did such a superb job on the trailer for Infinite. Honestly got me back in game more, my wife even played some for the first time. I'm even considering picking up a Halo novel again.
Estoy ansioso porque salga

This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we do not provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service.
i seriously cannot wait for this one! Classic chief mk6 Mjolnir armour and the graphics are stunning! If I can't get Scarlett I will definitely get it for Xbox One!
DiPurps wrote:
no worries I'm not trying to be hostile too I'm not a nostalgic person it is just what I'm thinking and I saw a return to the past without reason, and I didn't see any survey of what the community thinks and I don't care, I don't think we are all thinking the same thing..
if you take the other industry the best artists don't do that, they don't let the Fans write the story or compose the music or design the cloth, or paint the board that has to evolve... I don't want to see the same movie or listen the same song again and again. I don't Have anything about taking inspiration from the old Armors, could be a good thing but not like that, I hope they will fix this And give the armor more details and a better general form and do something more in the actual graphics standards they are not limited for the design anymore like 10 years ago, its really strange in the E3 2019 cinematic,
I agree and let me also add something: listening to fans might be a bad move, because fans often don't even know what they want and fans are not designers, or developpers, or artists. Fans are not experts, let the professionals do their job.
I liked the Deliver Hope trailer quite a lot, the graphics look way more realistic than the previous trailer, the Pelican pilot shows a lot of personality, the few story hints sparked a lot of questions and interest in the campaign and I'm glad Steve Downes and Jen Taylor are still doing the voice over.

Let me be a bit over critical though. The whole "classic art style" argument is damaging the game. It feels like 343i is focusing too much on the art style, so much so that it makes me doubtful on the gameplay. Listening to fans might be decremental, fans don't always know what they want, fans are not artists nor designers, I'd rather let the professionals do their job. I don't have a strong opinion on which armor looks the best, but I never understood why some fans say the old art style was good and the new one looks bad. Sure, some newer designs look uglier and unpractical even for me(like the prometeans or the grunts), but older designs were limited by technology, going back might just compromise the realism of the graphics. It looks to me it's just nostalgia. The new armor takes a bunch of older designs and mashes them together, that's usually not good for art styles, it lacks of originality. I won't make a big deal out of this because in the end they managed to make the armor look somewhat good and coesive, just a bit too fat (notice "It's thick" was the second most used comment on the reaction videos, after "it looks awesome"). The armor color is a bit too bright maybe, but still, not a big deal. Chief running off the Pelican animation doesn't look very natural, also not a big deal. Finally the trailer was not using ray traced illumination, if that's indicative of the final game, it will be a major disappointment. Once more 343 showing their lack of competence and skills, in some areas at least.

Overall I don't give too much weight to those critics, it's a very good trailer for me.
Enrico 117 wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
no worries I'm not trying to be hostile too I'm not a nostalgic person it is just what I'm thinking and I saw a return to the past without reason, and I didn't see any survey of what the community thinks and I don't care, I don't think we are all thinking the same thing..
if you take the other industry the best artists don't do that, they don't let the Fans write the story or compose the music or design the cloth, or paint the board that has to evolve... I don't want to see the same movie or listen the same song again and again. I don't Have anything about taking inspiration from the old Armors, could be a good thing but not like that, I hope they will fix this And give the armor more details and a better general form and do something more in the actual graphics standards they are not limited for the design anymore like 10 years ago, its really strange in the E3 2019 cinematic,
I agree and let me also add something: listening to fans might be a bad move, because fans often don't even know what they want and fans are not designers, or developpers, or artists. Fans are not experts, let the professionals do their job.
Yeah, let the professionals do their job without any fan guidance... Halo 5 Two here we come. The problem is that your "the fans don’t know what they want" statement applies to a community like CoD, but not Halo because the Halo community is much more unified than any other community, and the majority of fans wanted a return of the old art style as opposed to keeping that other style (they have plenty of opportunities to give good reasons for the changes too like they have already explained Chief’s armor, and the other stuff is pretty easily explained by Humanity being low in resources and the A.I. knowing the H4/5 equipment so they have to get old equipment out of stockpiles).

Ignoring the fan’s desires for the game (especially when it is most of the fan base that are unified in what they want) can be very bad as previously that was how Halo 4 with it’s horrible gameplay, and Halo 5 with it’s horrible story came to be a thing. Now 343i is listening to the fans, and making changes that still leave plenty of room for explanations and Halo Infinite looks like it will be 343i’s redemption game that is their best game, and possibly the best Halo game depending on how it turns out, but what we have seen so far looks very promising.

You simply cannot ignore your fans for a game either (especially if it is most of them), because if you keep ignoring what they want and keep on dishing out what they don’t want (Halo 5 is a good example for when it started), than you will end up loosing a lot of fans because you are suddenly dishing out games that are almost unrecognizable except that they have the name Halo (again a good example is Halo 4 and Halo 5 because when 343i kept going down that road they lost a lot of fans and income, and if they continued down that road with Halo Infinite than they would likely have had to stop making Halo). Ignoring the majority of fans = major loss in fan base, income, and likely loosing the ability to continue with that franchise that used to do so well not being able to sustain itself any longer. Your thinking that these companies shouldn’t listen to the fans is a very self-destructive mode of thought as ignoring the majority fans and continuing to make what they hate will certainly result in the destruction of that franchise (let it be know that Bungie when it was working on Halo was company that was driven by the fans and listened to the fans, and when Reach happened they immediately went to try and fix it, but then they broke from Microsoft and so 343i took over).

EDIT: Also Call of Duty seemed like it was going to go broke soon by not listening to the fans and churning out a bunch of crappy, made for microtransactions, and crappy gameplay filled games that the fans weren’t liking, but Activision was churning out anyway which was loosing them a lot of sales and just about destroyed Call of Duty, but now it looks like that might change with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in which they listened to the fans to bring to the table, and it is looking awesome so far.
All ill say is that it's looking good so far.
Estoy ansioso porque salga

This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we do not provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service.
He said : "I'm very excited for the release"
Enrico 117 wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
no worries I'm not trying to be hostile too I'm not a nostalgic person it is just what I'm thinking and I saw a return to the past without reason, and I didn't see any survey of what the community thinks and I don't care, I don't think we are all thinking the same thing..
if you take the other industry the best artists don't do that, they don't let the Fans write the story or compose the music or design the cloth, or paint the board that has to evolve... I don't want to see the same movie or listen the same song again and again. I don't Have anything about taking inspiration from the old Armors, could be a good thing but not like that, I hope they will fix this And give the armor more details and a better general form and do something more in the actual graphics standards they are not limited for the design anymore like 10 years ago, its really strange in the E3 2019 cinematic,
I agree and let me also add something: listening to fans might be a bad move, because fans often don't even know what they want and fans are not designers, or developpers, or artists. Fans are not experts, let the professionals do their job.
Yeah, let the professionals do their job without any fan guidance... Halo 5 Two here we come. The problem is that your "the fans don’t know what they want" statement applies to a community like CoD, but not Halo because the Halo community is much more unified than any other community, and the majority of fans wanted a return of the old art style as opposed to keeping that other style (they have plenty of opportunities to give good reasons for the changes too like they have already explained Chief’s armor, and the other stuff is pretty easily explained by Humanity being low in resources and the A.I. knowing the H4/5 equipment so they have to get old equipment out of stockpiles).

Ignoring the fan’s desires for the game (especially when it is most of the fan base that are unified in what they want) can be very bad as previously that was how Halo 4 with it’s horrible gameplay, and Halo 5 with it’s horrible story came to be a thing. Now 343i is listening to the fans, and making changes that still leave plenty of room for explanations and Halo Infinite looks like it will be 343i’s redemption game that is their best game, and possibly the best Halo game depending on how it turns out, but what we have seen so far looks very promising.

You simply cannot ignore your fans for a game either (especially if it is most of them), because if you keep ignoring what they want and keep on dishing out what they don’t want (Halo 5 is a good example for when it started), than you will end up loosing a lot of fans because you are suddenly dishing out games that are almost unrecognizable except that they have the name Halo (again a good example is Halo 4 and Halo 5 because when 343i kept going down that road they lost a lot of fans and income, and if they continued down that road with Halo Infinite than they would likely have had to stop making Halo). Ignoring the majority of fans = major loss in fan base, income, and likely loosing the ability to continue with that franchise that used to do so well not being able to sustain itself any longer. Your thinking that these companies shouldn’t listen to the fans is a very self-destructive mode of thought as ignoring the majority fans and continuing to make what they hate will certainly result in the destruction of that franchise (let it be know that Bungie when it was working on Halo was company that was driven by the fans and listened to the fans, and when Reach happened they immediately went to try and fix it, but then they broke from Microsoft and so 343i took over).

EDIT: Also Call of Duty seemed like it was going to go broke soon by not listening to the fans and churning out a bunch of crappy, made for microtransactions, and crappy gameplay filled games that the fans weren’t liking, but Activision was churning out anyway which was loosing them a lot of sales and just about destroyed Call of Duty, but now it looks like that might change with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in which they listened to the fans to bring to the table, and it is looking awesome so far.
Every single word you said is meaningles because you base everything on the supposition that your feelings are the feelings of the majority of the fanbase. Let me tell you, just because a few hundred (even if it were thousands) comments here or on YouTube say they want a classic art style, they are not representing of the majority of Halo fans. They are the majority of the comments, but not the majority of the fans. The majority of the fans are actually playing Halo 5 right now, not Halo MCC or Halo Reach, this leads to believe that, if anything, the majority of the fans like the new art style better than the old one. Those who write YouTube comments and forum comments are only the hardcore gamers and among them I've read and eared a lot of disappointed people too. Only the majority of the hardcore people are happy with the return of the classic art style, not even evry hardcore fan is ok with that. We don't know about all the other milions of fans.

People who work at 343i are more found of Halo than you are, so yes, let the professional at 343i do their job without any of your guidance, if anything it them who should guide us. Not listening to fans might also be bad as you said, there must be a balance. So far it's a litte unbalanced: bring back some designs ok, change a bit the colors ok, make a more emotional sotry ok, but don't rip-off and mash together pieces of armor from every single armor Chief has ever used! Don't use the same identica soundtrack of Halo 1, 2 and 3! A game needs originality. I don't have a problem with the deiscover hope trailer, it's good enough for me, I'm just talking in general.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
DiPurps wrote:
no worries I'm not trying to be hostile too I'm not a nostalgic person it is just what I'm thinking and I saw a return to the past without reason, and I didn't see any survey of what the community thinks and I don't care, I don't think we are all thinking the same thing..
if you take the other industry the best artists don't do that, they don't let the Fans write the story or compose the music or design the cloth, or paint the board that has to evolve... I don't want to see the same movie or listen the same song again and again. I don't Have anything about taking inspiration from the old Armors, could be a good thing but not like that, I hope they will fix this And give the armor more details and a better general form and do something more in the actual graphics standards they are not limited for the design anymore like 10 years ago, its really strange in the E3 2019 cinematic,
I agree and let me also add something: listening to fans might be a bad move, because fans often don't even know what they want and fans are not designers, or developpers, or artists. Fans are not experts, let the professionals do their job.
Yeah, let the professionals do their job without any fan guidance... Halo 5 Two here we come. The problem is that your "the fans don’t know what they want" statement applies to a community like CoD, but not Halo because the Halo community is much more unified than any other community, and the majority of fans wanted a return of the old art style as opposed to keeping that other style (they have plenty of opportunities to give good reasons for the changes too like they have already explained Chief’s armor, and the other stuff is pretty easily explained by Humanity being low in resources and the A.I. knowing the H4/5 equipment so they have to get old equipment out of stockpiles).

Ignoring the fan’s desires for the game (especially when it is most of the fan base that are unified in what they want) can be very bad as previously that was how Halo 4 with it’s horrible gameplay, and Halo 5 with it’s horrible story came to be a thing. Now 343i is listening to the fans, and making changes that still leave plenty of room for explanations and Halo Infinite looks like it will be 343i’s redemption game that is their best game, and possibly the best Halo game depending on how it turns out, but what we have seen so far looks very promising.

You simply cannot ignore your fans for a game either (especially if it is most of them), because if you keep ignoring what they want and keep on dishing out what they don’t want (Halo 5 is a good example for when it started), than you will end up loosing a lot of fans because you are suddenly dishing out games that are almost unrecognizable except that they have the name Halo (again a good example is Halo 4 and Halo 5 because when 343i kept going down that road they lost a lot of fans and income, and if they continued down that road with Halo Infinite than they would likely have had to stop making Halo). Ignoring the majority of fans = major loss in fan base, income, and likely loosing the ability to continue with that franchise that used to do so well not being able to sustain itself any longer. Your thinking that these companies shouldn’t listen to the fans is a very self-destructive mode of thought as ignoring the majority fans and continuing to make what they hate will certainly result in the destruction of that franchise (let it be know that Bungie when it was working on Halo was company that was driven by the fans and listened to the fans, and when Reach happened they immediately went to try and fix it, but then they broke from Microsoft and so 343i took over).

EDIT: Also Call of Duty seemed like it was going to go broke soon by not listening to the fans and churning out a bunch of crappy, made for microtransactions, and crappy gameplay filled games that the fans weren’t liking, but Activision was churning out anyway which was loosing them a lot of sales and just about destroyed Call of Duty, but now it looks like that might change with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in which they listened to the fans to bring to the table, and it is looking awesome so far.
Every single word you said is meaningles because you base everything on the supposition that your feelings are the feelings of the majority of the fanbase. Let me tell you, just because a few hundred (even if it were thousands) comments here or on YouTube say they want a classic art style, they are not representing of the majority of Halo fans. They are the majority of the comments, but not the majority of the fans. The majority of the fans are actually playing Halo 5 right now, not Halo MCC or Halo Reach, this leads to believe that, if anything, the majority of the fans like the new art style better than the old one. Those who write YouTube comments and forum comments are only the hardcore gamers and among them I've read and eared a lot of disappointed people too. Only the majority of the hardcore people are happy with the return of the classic art style, not even evry hardcore fan is ok with that. We don't know about all the other milions of fans.

People who work at 343i are more found of Halo than you are, so yes, let the professional at 343i do their job without any of your guidance, if anything it them who should guide us. Not listening to fans might also be bad as you said, there must be a balance. So far it's a litte unbalanced: bring back some designs ok, change a bit the colors ok, make a more emotional sotry ok, but don't rip-off and mash together pieces of armor from every single armor Chief has ever used! Don't use the same identica soundtrack of Halo 1, 2 and 3! A game needs originality. I don't have a problem with the deiscover hope trailer, it's good enough for me, I'm just talking in general.
Lol, your point makes no sense as plenty of people including myself play Halo 5 even though we prefer the classic art style (also there is classic armor in the game too).
Lol, your point makes no sense as plenty of people including myself play Halo 5 even though we prefer the classic art style (also there is classic armor in the game too).
Read better, my point is: don't assume the majority of Halo fans are the ones on this forum or on YouTube who like the old art style. Notice, in my previous comment, I did not put "Halo 5 players like the new art style" as a given, but just as an educate guess. Indipendently by what Halo 5 players like, the point still stands. People who play Halo 5 instead of Halo MCC because of more modern graphics, are just an example of a pool of fans you're not considering in your "majority". (a giantic pool of fans probably).

I'm gonna guess here, and say people (in general, fans or not) who like modern, realistic graphics are way more than the few hundreds people who voiced their opinions on this forum about old art style. Still guessing, in one year and a bit, when Halo Infinite reviews come out, big part of the media is actually gonna complain abot the graphics, casual fans are gonna complain about the graphics, and even some of the hardcore fans, who are now asking for old art style, are gonna grow tired about the graphics and realize all of this was just nostalgia.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Lol, your point makes no sense as plenty of people including myself play Halo 5 even though we prefer the classic art style (also there is classic armor in the game too).
Read better, my point is: don't assume the majority of Halo fans are the ones on this forum or on YouTube who like the old art style. Notice, in my previous comment, I did not put "Halo 5 players like the new art style" as a given, but just as an educate guess. Indipendently by what Halo 5 players like, the point still stands. People who play Halo 5 instead of Halo MCC because of more modern graphics, are just an example of a pool of fans you're not considering in your "majority". (a giantic pool of fans probably).

I'm gonna guess here, and say people (in general, fans or not) who like modern, realistic graphics are way more than the few hundreds people who voiced their opinions on this forum about old art style. Still guessing, in one year and a bit, when Halo Infinite reviews come out, big part of the media is actually gonna complain abot the graphics, casual fans are gonna complain about the graphics, and even some of the hardcore fans, who are now asking for old art style, are gonna grow tired about the graphics and realize all of this was just nostalgia.
1. I only said “most” players in my first statement.
2. The modern art style in Halo 5 had the worst load of crap for armor and graphics that I have ever seen in a modern game as textures weren’t even as real looking as Halo 4’s, the Marines in Halo 5 looked like they were wearing nerf armor, AND the Spartan armor in Halo 5 looked like it was plastic and glowing!
3. The classic art style was really good and a game like Reach when compared to Halo 5 aged EXTREMELY well and looks far more realistic and with modern graphics capabilities I have NO DOUBT that A LOT of people will fall in love with and want this new art style to stay (I’ve been seeing a lot of people that have only been playing CoD or only the Play Station say that Halo Infinite looks so good that they will buy Xbox Scarlett just for Halo Infinite).
4. I am not at all trying to be hostile, but rather just defending the art style that me and others have fough hard for, looks great, and many people are loving (seeing a decent amount of people on waypoint complain about it, but a lot of people left waypoint and as you say "most Halo fans aren’t even on the forums").
Vey interesting!!
I cant wait for it
im so excited :D
Still wanting/waiting to hear for flight testing dates.
Halo Infinite's trailer was nice and I hope to see how Halo Wars 2 connects to Halo Infinite like they said it might in the past
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 83
  4. 84
  5. 85
  6. 86
  7. ...
  8. 87