2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 91
Well, whoever is in charge of the music for this game certainly nailed Marty's style.
Sparth's showing that he can do Bungie-style aesthetics incredibly well (not that he hasn't before, just look at the Definitive Edition covers for some of the older Halo novels). Interested in how the rest of the armor is going to turn out.
Took a couple tries but I think 343 has gotten the lighting right this time around.

Doubt it'll be true open world. At most I'm expecting it to be on the same level as CE or Mombasa Streets from ODST, with maybe a little bit more freedom.
Is Zeta Halo the one that can fire a beam like Starkiller Base?
If you mean that it fires linear, single-direction pulses instead of the omnidirectional pulses of the Neoteric Halo Array, then, yes.
R D0UBLE wrote:
I watched the trailer....this is it, the moment we've all been waiting for! CLASSIC MOVEMENT MECHANICS HAVE RETURNED!

343, you've finally done it! I am so pumped for this game!
How do you know about classic movement? Because of the Armour?
Well, if that's the H2-3 Mk VI armor, then it won't be able to do any of those spartan abilities. So unless 343 tells us the 4-5 armor was the 2-3 armor this whole time, it wouldn't make sense to have an old armor set perform such abilities, thus pointing to CLASSIC MOVEMENT MECHANICS, or at least those mechanics with sprint.
There's a lot of details pulled from Chief's custom Mark VI armor from Halo 4 and Halo 5 in the Infinite design, so I strongly doubt it'll be the same as the Halo 2/3 version of it. Aesthetically, so far it does look like it'll lean more towards plain movement mechanics but no one can really say for sure.
From what I have heard regarding the Slipspace Engine, it's designed for true open world environments; no Halo engine has ever been designed that way. The released blurbs have also emphasized players exploring the world, and the trailer was almost exclusively about the scale of a living, breathing, open world. Even the hieroglyphics on the cave suggest some kind of exploration/discovery mechanic. Every indication is that it is an open world game.
I'm really excited for this and looking forward to hearing more about it. I hope it releases soon! There is never too much Halo ! !!!
BeniminBJH wrote:
I hope its rated M so we don't have some half-A$$ green infected guys again.
I totally agree with you ..Not to offend , but little to no children should be playing Halo ...just saying .
I was hoping that when I saw Halo 6, I'd be super excited once again. Instead, I'm skeptical.

The game takes place after Halo 5. Which means the Created Story Arc obviously, which I dislike, so that's hard to get excited about.

The story focus solely on Master Chief, right? So no Blue Team? No Osiris? Arbiter? Only Chief? Great, cause that's what we wanted... /sarcasm

Master Chief is wearing Halo 3 Mark 6. Couple issues here.
Firstly, why? I'm really hoping for a good canonical explanation (i.e. if it's reversed nanobots, which isn't mentioned in-game) instead of we're pandering to the Halo 3 fanboys.
Secondly, if Blue Team is in the game, are they wearing classic armor as well? Again, need a good canonical explanation.
And thirdly, which has to deal with the title of the game, why isn't it actually called Halo 6: Infinite? Halo 3 Master Chief post-Halo 5 is confusing a lot of people of when this game takes place.

The new engine. Slipspace Engine. Hope it really works out. But it's got me worried. Halo 5 was mostly new reworked engine, and because of that, seemed to be one of the main reasons why the game had little content Day 1. And now, with this brand spanking new engine built from the ground up, it makes me believe the same thing will happen again.

Assuming the classic art style implies the gameplay, I'm really hoping the game plays/feels/moves more like Halo 2 than Halo 3. I personally just can't go back to slow movement/strafe/jump and projectile BRs...

At the end of the day, I just need to see more. Gamplay, Canon Fodder, story, etc... before I can truly start making up my mind of whether to be excited or disappointed.
hello, it's not to bother but I could give gold packs, my account was deleted and I need to start everything, thanks in advance
GAMERTAG: Mosteflaid
So hyped
Caluben wrote:
I was hoping that when I saw Halo 6, I'd be super excited once again. Instead, I'm skeptical.

The game takes place after Halo 5. Which means the Created Story Arc obviously, which I dislike, so that's hard to get excited about.

The story focus solely on Master Chief, right? So no Blue Team? No Osiris? Arbiter? Only Chief? Great, cause that's what we wanted... /sarcasmMaster Chief is wearing Halo 3 Mark 6. Couple issues here.
Firstly, why? I'm really hoping for a good canonical explanation (i.e. if it's reversed nanobots, which isn't mentioned in-game) instead of we're pandering to the Halo 3 fanboys.
Secondly, if Blue Team is in the game, are they wearing classic armor as well? Again, need a good canonical explanation.
And thirdly, which has to deal with the title of the game, why isn't it actually called Halo 6: Infinite? Halo 3 Master Chief post-Halo 5 is confusing a lot of people of when this game takes place.

The new engine. Slipspace Engine. Hope it really works out. But it's got me worried. Halo 5 was mostly new reworked engine, and because of that, seemed to be one of the main reasons why the game had little content Day 1. And now, with this brand spanking new engine built from the ground up, it makes me believe the same thing will happen again.

Assuming the classic art style implies the gameplay, I'm really hoping the game plays/feels/moves more like Halo 2 than Halo 3. I personally just can't go back to slow movement/strafe/jump and projectile BRs...

At the end of the day, I just need to see more. Gamplay, Canon Fodder, story, etc... before I can truly start making up my mind of whether to be excited or disappointed.
Its a new art style. No in story explanation. Halo 3 mix and match armour is 5x bettter than 480 stupid armour sets and only 12 sets that people actually like. Focusing on chief doesn't mean all the characters are gone, Halo 5 was focused on Locke. This is focused on Chief.
Caluben wrote:

The story focus solely on Master Chief, right? So no Blue Team? No Osiris? Arbiter? Only Chief? Great, cause that's what we wanted... /sarcasmMaster Chief is wearing Halo 3 Mark 6. Couple issues here.
And thirdly, which has to deal with the title of the game, why isn't it actually called Halo 6: Infinite? Halo 3 Master Chief post-Halo 5 is confusing a lot of people of when this game takes place.The new engine. Slipspace Engine. Hope it really works out. But it's got me worried. Halo 5 was mostly new reworked engine, and because of that, seemed to be one of the main reasons why the game had little content Day 1. And now, with this brand spanking new engine built from the ground up, it makes me believe the same thing will happen again.

Well I can actually answer that. All the way back when Halo 4 was still in development, 343 stated they would like to move away from using numerical titles and use subtitles instead. Halo 5 was kind of a stepping stone towards that and now we have Halo: Infinite. It is also a cheeky little play with the title since this is the 8th Halo game (not counting the two Halo Wars games) and turning the number 8 sideways gives you the symbol for infinity.

As for the armor: it could actually be new armor (ie. not what the Chief wore in Halo 5) and hence use that as an explanation why his (and probably the rest of Blue Team's, if they are present) Mjolnir suit looks different. Either that or the nanites got drunk. Pick one.

I agree about the gameplay style. As much as I loved Halo 3 it played way worse than Halo 2, CE, Reach. For me a more refined version of Halo 5's gameplay model would be the best. Rework how the movement mechanics work by making them more subtle, for example.
Caluben wrote:

And thirdly, which has to deal with the title of the game, why isn't it actually called Halo 6: Infinite? Halo 3 Master Chief post-Halo 5 is confusing a lot of people of when this game takes place.The new engine. Slipspace Engine. Hope it really works out. But it's got me worried. Halo 5 was mostly new reworked engine, and because of that, seemed to be one of the main reasons why the game had little content Day 1. And now, with this brand spanking new engine built from the ground up, it makes me believe the same thing will happen again.

Well I can actually answer that. All the way back when Halo 4 was still in development, 343 stated they would like to move away from using numerical titles and use subtitles instead. Halo 5 was kind of a stepping stone towards that and now we have Halo: Infinite. It is also a cheeky little play with the title since this is the 8th Halo game (not counting the two Halo Wars games) a turning the number 8 sideways gives you the symbol for infinity.

As for the armor: it could actually be new armor (ie. not what the Chief wore in Halo 5) and hence use that as an explanation why his (and probably the rest of Blue Team's, if they are present) Mjolnir suit looks different. Either that or the nanites got drunk. Pick one.

I agree about the gameplay style. As much as I loved Halo 3 it played way worse than Halo 2, CE, Reach. For me a more refined version of Halo 5's gameplay model would be the best. Rework how the movement mechanics work by making them more subtle, for example.
They might strip back the game play in campaign yet have multiplayer spartan abilities (eg. Locke had smart link chief does not.)
Is this Halo 6?
the hype is real man!!
Is it confirmed that this will run on xbox one? ( I mean, this console gen, not next one)
Yes, I’m looking forward to this. The new art style looks quite interesting.
Why did it show chief put the Cortana chip in his helmet? It also showed that it was lit up meaning she was in it. If you have not seen this just go to YouTube. It makes no sense.
343, make halo great again.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What if the reason for the armor change wasn't due to an art change, but due to the fact that Cortana managed to disable Master Chiefs current suit, so he had to go back and find an older gen. suit?
whoops i double posted :(
geardriv3n wrote:
Why did it show chief put the Cortana chip in his helmet? It also showed that it was lit up meaning she was in it. If you have not seen this just go to YouTube. It makes no sense.
Might not be Cortana too :). Unless its confirmed that Cortana has the blue lights, it could be another AI.....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 91