Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite - E3 Announcement Discussion Thread

OP Forum Team

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 89
  4. 90
  5. 91
  6. 92
  7. ...
  8. 93
Hello my name is J a veteran halo player. Love the franchise & thank you so much for keeping it alive.

I have a few suggestions regarding the HUD, Visors, Thrusters(If Added), Weapons, & Armor.

Starting off with the HUD, Visors, & Thrusters... A system of Blue, Red, & Green is all you need. Please don’t use the average light blue HUD anymore it’s outdated & tacky... A solid blue is more visually appealing. Using the B,R,G system the Visor will define the HUD & Thruster. So if we are using a solid red visor the HUD & Thruster should look the same with a solid red.

As for weapons I’ll break it down into 4 categories:UNSC, Covenant, Brute, & Forerunner.

UNSC weapons should look similar to the color of the Halo 5 shotgun, a plain dark color. Change the AR ammo counter to a solid green. The Sniper Rifle should have it’s green screen returned as well like the original. The rocket launcher you guys implemented would look so good in a solid dark tone. Keep the attachments basic. Like Long Barrel, Silencer, Standard. If your gonna use Extended Clips don’t change the color of the clips keep them nice & dark please. Use only simple attachments like Silencer, Long Barrel, & Standard. If you must use extendo clips keep them looking normal a nice dark tone nothing special please. (Maybe bring back Sound Dampener)

Covenant weapons should have a SOLID blue gun fire, only blue. The scopes a solid blue as well. Energy Swords should also be solid blue fading into white light. Upgrading the sword should change its color to a solid green then red, with the white fading.

Brute weapons should involve a more solid dark tone maybe a bit of chocolate accents, Like fur. The gravity hammer should be a solid dark with solid blue lights, upgrading should change the lights to red then maybe for a Tartarus version a white light. The lights should determine how the gravity force field unleashed will look.

Forerunner weapons should be a solid dark metal or dark tone with solid blue lights or red. Remember solid, not fire fading(yellow to orange to red).

As for the armor I’ll break these down into 3 categories: Humans, Aliens, & Robots.

As for the human player I’d like to see a Reach like system of armor where you start out with a more basic small look then turn into a bulky character with shoulders similar to reach security(amazing shoulders right there) then at the final form return a incredible sleek and futuristic look. Please don’t bring back the color scheme where if you wore red you would have darker red in some places... that was just plain ugly lol.

Aliens should have armor color of basic Blue, Red, & Green. You can add a special forces unit that involves Light & Dark. Brutes should have a Blue then Red system. Maybe add a Light & Dark colored special forces unit for them as well.

Robots should have a dark metal look with solid blue or red lights.
I hope that they make a new halo where you play as either a different odst squad or a marine
Nice! Chief is Jack with his mkvi Armour. I hope they Will change colour.
I'm so hyped and will definitly buy the new Xbox together with the new Halo: Infinite
I'm so hyped and will definitly buy the new Xbox together with the new Halo: Infinite
that's my plan too I already started saving money up
I'm so hyped and will definitly buy the new Xbox together with the new Halo: Infinite
that's my plan too I already started saving money up
I have an Xbox One X. I am paying the $30 per month for a new One X. I am not taking it out of the box. No need. I am definitely getting the new one. I will be sure to grab it right away. No problem! After I get it, finish paying it off immediately. Done and mine.
I'm so hyped and will definitly buy the new Xbox together with the new Halo: Infinite
that's my plan too I already started saving money up
I have an Xbox One X. I am paying the $30 per month for a new One X. I am not taking it out of the box. No need. I am definitely getting the new one. I will be sure to grab it right away. No problem! After I get it, finish paying it off immediately. Done and mine.
How much do you think will the Series X cost?

I am sorry for my bad English
I'm so hyped and will definitly buy the new Xbox together with the new Halo: Infinite
that's my plan too I already started saving money up
I have an Xbox One X. I am paying the $30 per month for a new One X. I am not taking it out of the box. No need. I am definitely getting the new one. I will be sure to grab it right away. No problem! After I get it, finish paying it off immediately. Done and mine.
How much do you think will the Series X cost?

I am sorry for my bad English
Bad English? Your English is better than most Brits and Americans I know. Don't sweat it. As to the price of the Series X, I am expecting a cost between $400 and $500. However, that may not be true. There are more things than people realize when pricing a console. While things get more powerful, the production costs are lowered and size of needed materials are lowered. Less materials can mean a lower cost. The cost will depend on a lot of things. There is an idea in Economics. You need to find a butter zone of how much can you offer a product while maximizing profits by selling the most of said product. Think of it this way. If a restaurant wants to sell a new salad, and the cost of the food to produce it is $5, and 90 people will buy it at $8, 75 people would be willing to get it for $10, and 30 people would get it for $15, you come up with these numbers:

8×90=$720
10×70=$750
and 15×30=$450

Meaning it would make the most money for $10 per bowl rather than the cheaper $8 per bowl.

So Xbox will go through a similar process, albeit, more complex version, to determine an appropriate price.

Expect a low ball price of $400 and a high ball price of $550.
Please please please keep the sprint and ground pound abilities!
Please please please keep the sprint and ground pound abilities!
honestly, ground pound is really fun too use
Hello everyone, the game is incredible, it looks great, but I think it is time to make changes in this great saga, for example putting a third-person option would draw a lot of attention to new people who do not know this saga. I have played the entire Halo saga since the original xbox until today, and the truth that the last two Halo (halo 4 and halo 5 guardians) have been a failure, I don't say it, the news says and even Microsoft itself , what I mean by this, that we must attract new people who do not know that this saga exists and a good way to do it (apart from good marketing) is a third person option because it attracts more attention, an example is the FORTNITE and other great sagas, and I am sure that if they do so they will sell more and the Halo infinite will be enjoyed more, because I know that Xbox game studios if they do that the game will be spectacular, and to be able to see your own personalized character It is incredible, and besides, the first person games are getting outdated, because so I want skins if I can't see myself, I only see a rifle and two hands grabbing it. It is my opinion and I believe and I am sure that if they do so it will be very good video game and more with the quality that it has and the good work that this great company does.
neoxlenko wrote:
"FORTNITE and other great sagas"
I was against the idea of 3rd person already and this line solidified my dislike against it.
We have 3rd person when we hold turrets already, but I don't see Halo ever being 3rd person full time even if optional.
It doesn't seem like a good move in my opinion. Adding another system like that only creates more possibilities of bugs and would also give an unfair advantage considering 3rd person players can just peak corners on other 1st person players. That would mean it would have to have it's own playlist and as of right now the playerbase struggles with finding matches in the playlists it already has in Halo 5. MCC is doing fine because people love the older halos and their systems. Halo 5 isn't for the opposite reason. When you create more playlists it only divides up the playerbase leading to longer queues and disgruntled players who will get aggravated and play something else.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but fortnite is a passing fad and another genre altogether. Halo doesn't need to be more like fortnite to be successful. Copying and pasting batle royales is getting old. Even fortnite was a copy paste of pubg. Halo brought plenty of innovations in it's hayday much the same as people claim fortnite has done, but they aren't the same and shouldn't be considered the same. There is a healthy playerbase for the halo saga, I know plenty of veterans of the original halo days who are still very much active and there are just as many squeakers and teens playing as there seemed to be when I was one of them myself. All this Halo needs to do is look at what made it great back in the glory days, get rid of the pay to win aspect of req packs, don't lock content behind paywalls, and deliver a campaign experience that doesn't paint chief as a broken addled old man and instead paints him as a legend who finishes the fight. The spartan 4s were a mistake, they're even mocked in their own games. We now have at least 7 confirmed spartan 2s still alive and fighting Blue team AND Red team. We need to have a breathtaking and over the top campaign showing not the raw power of them but their tactical prowess, stone cold composure, and their bond with one another considering they were the only family each other had in their training.

I don't see battle royale styling, 3rd person shooting, and more armor abilities being what fans want. People loved the original trilogy without all of these additional things. Reach had a solid campaign but people were split over armor abilities and that continued into 4 and 5. 5 incorporating classic playlists and the MCC itself has preserved the playerbase in my opinion.
neoxlenko wrote:
"FORTNITE and other great sagas"
I was against the idea of 3rd person already and this line solidified my dislike against it.
We have 3rd person when we hold turrets already, but I don't see Halo ever being 3rd person full time even if optional.
It doesn't seem like a good move in my opinion. Adding another system like that only creates more possibilities of bugs and would also give an unfair advantage considering 3rd person players can just peak corners on other 1st person players. That would mean it would have to have it's own playlist and as of right now the playerbase struggles with finding matches in the playlists it already has in Halo 5. MCC is doing fine because people love the older halos and their systems. Halo 5 isn't for the opposite reason. When you create more playlists it only divides up the playerbase leading to longer queues and disgruntled players who will get aggravated and play something else.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but fortnite is a passing fad and another genre altogether. Halo doesn't need to be more like fortnite to be successful. Copying and pasting batle royales is getting old. Even fortnite was a copy paste of pubg. Halo brought plenty of innovations in it's hayday much the same as people claim fortnite has done, but they aren't the same and shouldn't be considered the same. There is a healthy playerbase for the halo saga, I know plenty of veterans of the original halo days who are still very much active and there are just as many squeakers and teens playing as there seemed to be when I was one of them myself. All this Halo needs to do is look at what made it great back in the glory days, get rid of the pay to win aspect of req packs, don't lock content behind paywalls, and deliver a campaign experience that doesn't paint chief as a broken addled old man and instead paints him as a legend who finishes the fight. The spartan 4s were a mistake, they're even mocked in their own games. We now have at least 7 confirmed spartan 2s still alive and fighting Blue team AND Red team. We need to have a breathtaking and over the top campaign showing not the raw power of them but their tactical prowess, stone cold composure, and their bond with one another considering they were the only family each other had in their training.

I don't see battle royale styling, 3rd person shooting, and more armor abilities being what fans want. People loved the original trilogy without all of these additional things. Reach had a solid campaign but people were split over armor abilities and that continued into 4 and 5. 5 incorporating classic playlists and the MCC itself has preserved the playerbase in my opinion.
What's funny is that he's copy-pasted this post three times in different threads.

I'm indifferent to the BR fad myself, but I wouldn't care if they decided to take a stab at it in a spin-off - however it has absolutely no place in a mainline title. @ the OP, 343i's already said they have zero interest in making a BR-styled game, and Infinite's been in development for years now with a specific goal in mind. They're not going to change it to something like this at the last minute because a minuscule handful of people think it'd be "totally neato" to see Infinite style itself after an entirely different game.
Sylxeria wrote:
neoxlenko wrote:
"FORTNITE and other great sagas"
I was against the idea of 3rd person already and this line solidified my dislike against it.
We have 3rd person when we hold turrets already, but I don't see Halo ever being 3rd person full time even if optional.
It doesn't seem like a good move in my opinion. Adding another system like that only creates more possibilities of bugs and would also give an unfair advantage considering 3rd person players can just peak corners on other 1st person players. That would mean it would have to have it's own playlist and as of right now the playerbase struggles with finding matches in the playlists it already has in Halo 5. MCC is doing fine because people love the older halos and their systems. Halo 5 isn't for the opposite reason. When you create more playlists it only divides up the playerbase leading to longer queues and disgruntled players who will get aggravated and play something else.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but fortnite is a passing fad and another genre altogether. Halo doesn't need to be more like fortnite to be successful. Copying and pasting batle royales is getting old. Even fortnite was a copy paste of pubg. Halo brought plenty of innovations in it's hayday much the same as people claim fortnite has done, but they aren't the same and shouldn't be considered the same. There is a healthy playerbase for the halo saga, I know plenty of veterans of the original halo days who are still very much active and there are just as many squeakers and teens playing as there seemed to be when I was one of them myself. All this Halo needs to do is look at what made it great back in the glory days, get rid of the pay to win aspect of req packs, don't lock content behind paywalls, and deliver a campaign experience that doesn't paint chief as a broken addled old man and instead paints him as a legend who finishes the fight. The spartan 4s were a mistake, they're even mocked in their own games. We now have at least 7 confirmed spartan 2s still alive and fighting Blue team AND Red team. We need to have a breathtaking and over the top campaign showing not the raw power of them but their tactical prowess, stone cold composure, and their bond with one another considering they were the only family each other had in their training.

I don't see battle royale styling, 3rd person shooting, and more armor abilities being what fans want. People loved the original trilogy without all of these additional things. Reach had a solid campaign but people were split over armor abilities and that continued into 4 and 5. 5 incorporating classic playlists and the MCC itself has preserved the playerbase in my opinion.
What's funny is that he's copy-pasted this post three times in different threads.

I'm indifferent to the BR fad myself, but I wouldn't care if they decided to take a stab at it in a spin-off - however it has absolutely no place in a mainline title. @ the OP, 343i's already said they have zero interest in making a BR-styled game, and Infinite's been in development for years now with a specific goal in mind. They're not going to change it to something like this at the last minute because a minuscule handful of people think it'd be "totally neato" to see Infinite style itself after an entirely different game.
I definitely agree it's too late to just throw something in.
I'm personally tired of battle royales, even they're getting stale considering they're having to create campaign modes and tie in another franchise every couple of months to keep interest. That's not a sign of a healthy game. I never want to see Halo in a battle royale, we have warzone and big team battle for that. Halo wars is sufficient for me if I want to see a hundred troops on the ground duking it out.
Sylxeria wrote:
neoxlenko wrote:
"FORTNITE and other great sagas"
I was against the idea of 3rd person already and this line solidified my dislike against it.
We have 3rd person when we hold turrets already, but I don't see Halo ever being 3rd person full time even if optional.
It doesn't seem like a good move in my opinion. Adding another system like that only creates more possibilities of bugs and would also give an unfair advantage considering 3rd person players can just peak corners on other 1st person players. That would mean it would have to have it's own playlist and as of right now the playerbase struggles with finding matches in the playlists it already has in Halo 5. MCC is doing fine because people love the older halos and their systems. Halo 5 isn't for the opposite reason. When you create more playlists it only divides up the playerbase leading to longer queues and disgruntled players who will get aggravated and play something else.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but fortnite is a passing fad and another genre altogether. Halo doesn't need to be more like fortnite to be successful. Copying and pasting batle royales is getting old. Even fortnite was a copy paste of pubg. Halo brought plenty of innovations in it's hayday much the same as people claim fortnite has done, but they aren't the same and shouldn't be considered the same. There is a healthy playerbase for the halo saga, I know plenty of veterans of the original halo days who are still very much active and there are just as many squeakers and teens playing as there seemed to be when I was one of them myself. All this Halo needs to do is look at what made it great back in the glory days, get rid of the pay to win aspect of req packs, don't lock content behind paywalls, and deliver a campaign experience that doesn't paint chief as a broken addled old man and instead paints him as a legend who finishes the fight. The spartan 4s were a mistake, they're even mocked in their own games. We now have at least 7 confirmed spartan 2s still alive and fighting Blue team AND Red team. We need to have a breathtaking and over the top campaign showing not the raw power of them but their tactical prowess, stone cold composure, and their bond with one another considering they were the only family each other had in their training.

I don't see battle royale styling, 3rd person shooting, and more armor abilities being what fans want. People loved the original trilogy without all of these additional things. Reach had a solid campaign but people were split over armor abilities and that continued into 4 and 5. 5 incorporating classic playlists and the MCC itself has preserved the playerbase in my opinion.
What's funny is that he's copy-pasted this post three times in different threads.

I'm indifferent to the BR fad myself, but I wouldn't care if they decided to take a stab at it in a spin-off - however it has absolutely no place in a mainline title. @ the OP, 343i's already said they have zero interest in making a BR-styled game, and Infinite's been in development for years now with a specific goal in mind. They're not going to change it to something like this at the last minute because a minuscule handful of people think it'd be "totally neato" to see Infinite style itself after an entirely different game.
I definitely agree it's too late to just throw something in.
I'm personally tired of battle royales, even they're getting stale considering they're having to create campaign modes and tie in another franchise every couple of months to keep interest. That's not a sign of a healthy game. I never want to see Halo in a battle royale, we have warzone and big team battle for that. Halo wars is sufficient for me if I want to see a hundred troops on the ground duking it out.
Well they could throw it in as a post-launch thing, but I get the feeling they'd rather spend their resources on more productive things this time around and they already said they aren't interested so that massively reduces the likelyhood they'll do it for Infinite even post-launch.

I'd still like to see some large-scale battles though. Ever since The Tip of the Spear I've longed to be in the thick of those. Plus, why haven't we had any space battle modes? Even if it's a spin-off title I'd love to have some of that. But we can't have "every cool idea" that comes up in a Halo game; times like that spin-offs are their best bet. If it does well, great! If it flops, no harm done. Same can't be said with taking that gamble on a mainline title.
neoxlenko wrote:
Hello everyone, the game is incredible, it looks great, but I think it is time to make changes in this great saga, for example putting a third-person option would draw a lot of attention to new people who do not know this saga. I have played the entire Halo saga since the original xbox until today, and the truth that the last two Halo (halo 4 and halo 5 guardians) have been a failure, I don't say it, the news says and even Microsoft itself , what I mean by this, that we must attract new people who do not know that this saga exists and a good way to do it (apart from good marketing) is a third person option because it attracts more attention, an example is the FORTNITE and other great sagas, and I am sure that if they do so they will sell more and the Halo infinite will be enjoyed more, because I know that Xbox game studios if they do that the game will be spectacular, and to be able to see your own personalized character It is incredible, and besides, the first person games are getting outdated, because so I want skins if I can't see myself, I only see a rifle and two hands grabbing it. It is my opinion and I believe and I am sure that if they do so it will be very good video game and more with the quality that it has and the good work that this great company does.
I can accept that option. I personally would not play it, but I can see how this may work. There is a small problem. Matchmaking. I don't want TPP and FPP to be in the same matches. I would not mind M&K vs Controller personally. I can match M&K on Console. But that is a personal opinion.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
When The trailer came i was surprised and now it's coming late of 2020
I am very interested in Halo Infinite. Finally there is going to be more Master Chief in the game. My only concern is the game itself. Ever since 343 took over Halo the last to games, Halo 4 and 5, haven't been the best and lest be honest Halo 5 was terrible. I just hope they listen to what we expect/want in Halo Infinite.
I am very interested in Halo Infinite. Finally there is going to be more Master Chief in the game. My only concern is the game itself. Ever since 343 took over Halo the last to games, Halo 4 and 5, haven't been the best and lest be honest Halo 5 was terrible. I just hope they listen to what we expect/want in Halo Infinite.
I'm playing through Halo 5 again after a 2 year hiatus just to hit 152 and mop up the missing achievements. Aside from the render distance animations for AI I'm actually enjoying it this time around. Yes there are really cringey moments, and even at times MC himself sounds high pitch and unlike himself, but for reasons of lore and the gameplay itself, I'm coming back around. It doesn't feel like the original trilogy though.

Maybe it was the art and music, but I think it was the helplessness of the story. We didn't have an army of Spartans or UNSC ships that dwarfed covenant carriers. It felt like we were real genuine heroes. Every victory meant something. Maybe now with the Created capable of taking everything dependent on Smart AI we'll feel that need for a hero again. I'd like to think so.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 89
  4. 90
  5. 91
  6. 92
  7. ...
  8. 93