2. ...
  3. 90
  4. 91
  5. 92
  6. ...
  7. 93
Cant wait!
Bring Marty back!
I hear he's currently enjoying fun-employment :)

The Discover Hope trailer does sound like the music might be returning to its routes, especially the end.
I'd be happy if he just came back to score a couple of tracks of the game, a bit like Clint Mansell did for Mass Effect 3.
I need more Marty in my life!
Halo Infinite looks emotional and engaging. There’s something that’s really interesting. We know that the chip that John has is the next iteration up from the original Cortana number. I have a plausible theory. We know Dr Halsey gave John a new suit so maybe she gave John a new Cortana model. ( Dr Halsey always has a plan)
343 have said that we will be thrown into a galaxy at war.
halo 5 takes place in oct 2558
halo infinite 2018 trailer takes place may 2560
John’s hud says armored last modified in late 2561 in the opening of Halo infinite.
Maybe halo infinite takes place 2562 or 2563 or even later and that John not only has been in his new armor for a few years BUT has been with the new Cortana model for a couple years fighting the war. With the new Cortana being in control room alone while John and the infinity were blown away on that part of the halo into space losing everything. It will give a sense of established history between John and the new Cortana along with this new war. Very similar to Halo CE.
I really cant wait to see what else we have in store!
it looks god im exited for it
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I am very interested in Halo Infinite. Finally there is going to be more Master Chief in the game. My only concern is the game itself. Ever since 343 took over Halo the last to games, Halo 4 and 5, haven't been the best and lest be honest Halo 5 was terrible. I just hope they listen to what we expect/want in Halo Infinite.
I'm playing through Halo 5 again after a 2 year hiatus just to hit 152 and mop up the missing achievements. Aside from the render distance animations for AI I'm actually enjoying it this time around. Yes there are really cringey moments, and even at times MC himself sounds high pitch and unlike himself, but for reasons of lore and the gameplay itself, I'm coming back around. It doesn't feel like the original trilogy though.

Maybe it was the art and music, but I think it was the helplessness of the story. We didn't have an army of Spartans or UNSC ships that dwarfed covenant carriers. It felt like we were real genuine heroes. Every victory meant something. Maybe now with the Created capable of taking everything dependent on Smart AI we'll feel that need for a hero again. I'd like to think so.
Well that is one of the reasons why I keep playing the game itself. Because of lore and the gameplay. Don't get me wrong I wish there was more MC than any other character this is not like Halo 2. But with all of the other lore that is out there like in the books, if you read them, it kind off sets it off a bit to be honest. That could be a good thing because now they can take the story to new places and do new things to make the next Halo better.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I am very interested in Halo Infinite. Finally there is going to be more Master Chief in the game. My only concern is the game itself. Ever since 343 took over Halo the last to games, Halo 4 and 5, haven't been the best and lest be honest Halo 5 was terrible. I just hope they listen to what we expect/want in Halo Infinite.
I'm playing through Halo 5 again after a 2 year hiatus just to hit 152 and mop up the missing achievements. Aside from the render distance animations for AI I'm actually enjoying it this time around. Yes there are really cringey moments, and even at times MC himself sounds high pitch and unlike himself, but for reasons of lore and the gameplay itself, I'm coming back around. It doesn't feel like the original trilogy though.

Maybe it was the art and music, but I think it was the helplessness of the story. We didn't have an army of Spartans or UNSC ships that dwarfed covenant carriers. It felt like we were real genuine heroes. Every victory meant something. Maybe now with the Created capable of taking everything dependent on Smart AI we'll feel that need for a hero again. I'd like to think so.
Well that is one of the reasons why I keep playing the game itself. Because of lore and the gameplay. Don't get me wrong I wish there was more MC than any other character this is not like Halo 2. But with all of the other lore that is out there like in the books, if you read them, it kind off sets it off a bit to be honest. That could be a good thing because now they can take the story to new places and do new things to make the next Halo better.
I'm reading through the books now, it does flesh out the games more and I appreciate the small details of when names from the novels are mentioned.

I'm reading through the books now, it does flesh out the games more and I appreciate the small details of when names from the novels are mentioned.
The books indeed do a better job at explaining the lore of the video game. Well the video game was a book first then it became a game.

The books indeed do a better job at explaining the lore of the video game. Well the video game was a book first then it became a game.
Yes. And no. Reach was the first book. It launched right before the game. (About a month prior.) Then Combat Evolved launched. Followed by The Flood. So, it is common belief that all books are deemed second in canon to the games with exception to Reach.

Easy way of saying it works like this:
First mention in the book or game makes it lore.
Book says something first, it is canon.
Game says something first, it is canon.
Unless otherwise directed by 343 Industries for games made by them or Bungie for games made by them. This is what a majority of us follow in terms of lore.

Yes. And no. Reach was the first book. It launched right before the game. (About a month prior.) Then Combat Evolved launched. Followed by The Flood. So, it is common belief that all books are deemed second in canon to the games with exception to Reach.

Unless otherwise directed by 343 Industries for games made by them or Bungie for games made by them. This is what a majority of us follow in terms of lore.
True I agree UnSYNCHaBLe. But for many of us it was first a book. Like myself I didn't know it was a game until about a year later when a friend of mine told me and showed it to be when I went to his house and played it. But your right while the games to present in a decent amount of lore for the Halo universe. The books and comics do a better job of describing the lore of the game. Especially if it about things that don't directly happen in the game.
Im really looking forward on getting more information on Halo Infinite this year, so much hype!!!
Im really looking forward on getting more information on Halo Infinite this year, so much hype!!!
Aren't we all? The only way is up from Halo 5.

I thought it was explained by the devs that the lore hierarchy was: Dev>Game>Book>Other media.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I could have sworn that was the official hierarchy though.
Hello 343, I hope your reading this Snickerdoodle. I have 5 topics I’d like to see implemented into Halo Infinite to make the game more visually appealing.

1.Armor Color, please add colors similar to Halo 3. I need a real Light, Chocolate, Red, Orange, Yellow, Sienna(Gold), Metal, Military Green, Green, Teal, Blue, Violet, & Dark. Halo 5s color choices were not good to say the least.

2.HUD Color, I think it’s time we have a choice in the color our HUD is. Nothing special maybe a True Light, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, or Dark option.

3.Thruster Color. Not sure if you are implementing this again, if you are I’d like to see options that include the same 6 colors I suggested for the HUD.

4.Visor Color, keep it practical this time. Master Chief Sienna(Gold), Military Green, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, Chocolate, Light, Dark, Orange, & Teal. Please no more mix match visors, that was tacky.

5.Overall weapon appearance, the most important topic in my opinion. Keep the weapons basic. All Dark weapons for UNSC, no random stripes orange stripes or red dots, or yellow bars. Please keep them simplistic & realistic! Same goes for the Covenant weapons. The Energy Sword should be a strong solid blue, if you still doing the upgrade thing the strongest energy sword should be a strong solid red. Infected sword a strong solid green. Fuel Rod should be Sienna & the fuel itself green. That’s it! No random red dots on it. If you wanna upgrade that keep it simple maybe use Violet fuel. Keep the colors simple & coordinated. Same for all covenant weapons, plasma pistol all dark with green details, plasma rifle all dark with blue details, needler all dark with violet needles, etc. I hope you get the gist. As for forerunner weapons I’d like to see a yellow to orange to red scheme. Meaning the weakest weapon like the bolt shot uses energy that is total yellow, the light rifle and scatter shot use total orange, the incinerator cannon and binary rifle uses total red. As for the gravity hammer I think a simple dark with chocolate fur details would look stunning. The gravity hammer energies can range from Blue to Red & finally Light(White). As for the upgraded UNSC weapons I’d like to see a Light(White) option nothing fancy please. For the Classic AR I’d like to see a real green used where u see the ammo, get rid of the odd blue. Very tacky. Railgun should use a blue and the spartan laser should use a red. Remember keep them simplistic. Just plain dark weapons, maybe use metal on the railgun and spartan laser to show dominance.

I’d like to see the weapon changes on the turrets as well! UNSC chaingun a simple dark only, plasma turret dark with blue details, forerunner turret metal with yellow details. UNSC gauss cannon metal with blue details only! Please this will all look so visually appealing! Worth the editing! Worth the effort! Doing simple very well is a legendary skill!

Almost forgot, enemy ranks. Elites, Grunts, Jackals, Drones & Hunters should follow the original color code of ranks. Starting from Blue, Red, White, then Sienna. Add Green for special units & Violet for top ranking members! Remember keep it all one color and simple! This is extremely visually appealing! The blood of the enemies should be a solid color as well. If your adding Brutes a simple Chocolate with Dark details to Chocolate with Light details or maybe a Blue to Red. Forerunner enemies could do a yellow to orange to red or maybe start them off blue then the stronger ones are red.

Same goes for vehicles! Keep them simplistic! Use only one strong color & keep them all dark or military Green, maybe metal.

Grenades need changes made as well. I’d like to see frags with a solid military Green or dark with possibly sienna(Gold) details if needed. Plasma grenades should have a solid blue look with dark details. Splinter grenades should have a red glow with metal frames and get rid of the effect it has on vehicles. That should be a plasma pistol exclusive giving it more importance. Looked odd coming from the splinter grenades anyway.

I have no necessary changes for Forge, you are doing a amazing job with that. Keep it up! Oh, let’s make Cortana a solid blue. If she turns rampant a solid red. The UNSC troops should have a solid military Green with chocolate details for armor. UNSC officer uniforms should be dark with white details. Top UNSC officer should have a white uniform with a dark badge sporting America’s colors of red, white, & blue, possibly a hat with sienna(Gold) stars on it as well. Thanks for reading! Please implement!

I thought it was explained by the devs that the lore hierarchy was: Dev>Game>Book>Other media.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I could have sworn that was the official hierarchy though.
Yes and no. Think about the fact Halo is developed by two companies. Bungie. And 343 Industries. But 343 Industries owns all Halo games (including Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3. But as far as I am aware they do not own the rights to Halo: Custom Edition.) So, by the standard you imply, 343 Industries can say Bungie's Halo ideas were wrong just because they are the current devs. They would not do that. But that is a concept that shows the Hierarchy is not possible.

This is more Complicated.

Reach (Book)>Reach (Game)
Halo (All games. Not Reach)>Halo (All books. Not Fall of Reach)>TV and Movies
Devs>Games made by same dev before launch.

Halo is so expansive and with a new book coming in July (most likely to gear us for the TV show or Halo Infinite) this Hierarchy can change again. If it is about the TV Series, the devs will need to decide which will be canon and which will not. I believe the TV Series will be canon. But I cannot say for sure. Not yet.
Hello everyone! haven't played halo since CE, what have i missed? lol
Hello everyone! haven't played halo since CE, what have i missed? lol
Please tell me you are joking..... CE as in Custom Edition? Or Combat Evolved? And, to be sure, were you in a coma for this long? Not being sarcastic. I am aware people do end up in medical comas for so long they come out to a "Whole new world." Rare but possible. Otherwise, tell me this is a troll post.

Edit:
Your account shows having played Halo: Reach. But that is it. Was it Reach on MCC, PC, or the Xbox 360?
honetly can't wait to get the new halo and xbox, truly going to be an expirance like nothing before
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 90
  4. 91
  5. 92
  6. ...
  7. 93