Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite - Open World Gameplay/Sandbox Forge

OP Jakku2020

So my friend and i had a lot of thoughts running through our head. From flyable vehicles like the UNSC Infinity to an open world galaxy to fight the Covenant. We talked about a lot of stuff, especially like bringing back full armor customization. The graphics look amazing, i'd say they're on par with Halo 2 Anniversary graphics. One idea that sparked was two different campaigns, one as Master Chief and the second as your spartan character fighting beside Master Chief. Also another aspect of open world games is the inclusion Easter Eggs and References, maybe nods to the other Halo games and also references. Another idea was playing as a Sangheili in the campaign. (With either Sangheili armor or Spartan armor built for Sangheili. P.S That idea was from one of my other friends, credit goes to them.)
I've never really thought about this stuff until halo Infinite, the amount of ideas is great but i doubt ideas like mine would be used in a halo game. I'm just saying, try something big and blow everyone's away.
I don't know if anyone will agree with these ideas.
We still haven't gotten any confirmation that Infinite's going to be Open World though, other than a engine demonstration video which doesn't really indicate what will be in Infinite, but rather what the engine itself is capable of doing.

At the very best I can simply see a few levels being 'slightly larger than usual' like the "Rescue the Marines!" mission was where there was two valleys and a few secluded sections to visit in any order you wanted while still being a fairly linear A to B mission, but a true Open World? I highly doubt it.

Halo's always had Easter Eggs though, it doesn't have to be Open World to have a bundle of them (Look at the RvB ones in Halo 3, Reach, and 4 for example)
I would love an open world Halo, but I highly doubt it will happen. But a Halo with some open world aspects, maybe a bit like Destiny-ish with the "open" world concept. Don't know, I think it would be nice, why call it Infinite? Infinite what? Possibilities? Exploring? Dunno. Sounds nice.
I would love an open world Halo, but I highly doubt it will happen. But a Halo with some open world aspects, maybe a bit like Destiny-ish with the "open" world concept.
I could see a spin-off title doing that, to be honest. I don't know how well it'd be received in a mainline Halo game though.
I'm hoping that when MCC gets a new update for Halo 3, 343 will put in the customizable armor for Halo 3 Spartans and Elites. That was a big thing for multiplayer, not having that just makes Halo 3 Multiplayer useless. It lets everyone have their own unique armor combo. Also for Halo 4, please do the same 343.
Why didn't Halo 5 have the same armor customization as Halo 4? Just a thought.
I was thinking if they were going to do some sort of open world, it be outside the campaign.

Keep the narrative focused within the traditional storytelling like we are used to, and then have what Red dead and GTA do and have an online mode with your own Spartan helping in the war effort against the enemy factions across the Halo ring or other planets or forerunner installations. But don't make it so this replaces matchmaking as well, I still want traditional matching making for games like 4v4 and 8v8. 343 not including BTB with developer made maps and not at launch really hurt it for me.
Not having Forge at launch crushed me harder than a soda can under a dump truck. Forge is my most played.
I have been hoping that the upcoming Halo Infinite will have open world gameplay in it. I really want to explore the Zeta Halo Ring. I am also hoping that the Terminals will appeared in the new Halo video game.
Jakku2020 wrote:
I'm hoping that when MCC gets a new update for Halo 3, 343 will put in the customizable armor for Halo 3 Spartans and Elites. That was a big thing for multiplayer, not having that just makes Halo 3 Multiplayer useless. It lets everyone have their own unique armor combo. Also for Halo 4, please do the same 343.
Why didn't Halo 5 have the same armor customization as Halo 4? Just a thought.
It’s been confirmed that they’re doing it from the flighting process, there are videos on YouTube of the updated H3 customisation, and they talk about it in the last community update.
Talked about this in a previous thread awhile back.

I'll take a minority position here. I really hope they don't go open world or even hybrid open world (Gears 5 being an example of the latter). If they do that, I guarantee the core plot/main missions will suffer. I am all for more open environments (think Halo CE's "Halo" and "Assault on the Control Room"). Throw in the usual Halo extras like skulls and other miscellaneous easter eggs (and terminals, if you must), but that's it.The most important thing to me is getting a solid campaign with a nice and tight story enhanced by the usual components of thoughtful production (musical score, variety in scenery, etc.). The first few games have very memorable campaigns because they did a few simple things very well. They had good variety and contrast from level to level (natural looking environments with a lot of greenery, sprawling snow levels, creepy cavernous environments that feel like hopeless mazes, etc.). They had good original scores that actually complemented what was going on. Encountering the Flood for the first time on "343 Guilty Spark", having your heart rate rise as you shoot through "The Library" to a creepy percussion-heavy soundtrack, and the final warthog sprint on "The Maw" are unforgettable gaming moments for me (and nearly 20 years old!) - the accompanying music is a big part of why they're so memorable.I don't need a bunch of extra side quests that bog down the main plot. I definitely don't need side quests that improve go-forward playing performance in campaign (I am calling out Gears 5 here and all the optional Jack upgrades). That's not Halo for me. Just give me a damn good "meat and potatoes" point A to B Halo campaign. That also means playing as Master Chief on the majority of levels, at minimum!
I would like if they have a big forge world on the halo ring to make big maps even use the pelican that can shoot other big flyable vehicles I like to make on the halo ring like 25 vs 25 big team battle in custom games like we never seen before make a city on the halo ring in forge halo ring in forge you can make some awesome big huge maps I like to see what people make and there ideas forge world on the halo ring I also want the jet pack to come back in was in halo reach and halo 4 I also want bigger forge pieces like halo reach to come back!!

Robeyone

unyshrek

bonny Ross!!
Open world would be awesome... but something less open is more likely. Firstly as large epic battles require some degree of scripting. Secondly because this game needs to scale over all the Xbox systems.

A large open Forge would be awesome... especially if we have some sort of terrain editing ability.