Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite 2021: Armor and Ideas

OP Nights Wolfe

Halo Infinite 2021: Armor & accessories

Hey, Spartans! Just Read the recent Halo Infinite update!

I was thinking quite a lot about infinite, as I’m sure you are and was thinking about armor. What if they let all the armors have attachments? I love the CQB and ODST helmets but wouldn’t mind if more helmets had some realistic details about them..mainly vents, visors you can see out of...just things that make it feel more real.

In Halo Reach, we could have lights, uplinks, hazard masks, extra armor, etc. So what if they let us not only choose our helmets and individual armor pieces, but also any of those items...on any armor!?! If not only we had those, but also could use some of them. The lights and hazard mask would be the main ones, though hazard could be equipment. You could use the D-pad for your light, which could be the flashlight attached to your helmet like on the ODST and MCP helmets, though Chief already has some lights...which I bet you can explore caves with! You could use the hazard mask to breathe and explore underwater! Though you would need an underwater jetpack, cause you're a 1 ton Spartan. Possibly even fly a Pelican into space and search among the debris as a mini-mission, especially if you could ‘loot’ gear or information off of Banish or dead UNSC ships.

However, it would also be super cool if you could be someone besides Chief after you finish the Campaign. I don’t have anything against the Chief, just a thought of how cool it would be to explore Zeta Halo with your looks, or even have some mini-mission as Buck, Kelly, Palmer, or even Arbiter! The list is ‘Infinite’...Honestly! If you had season extensions and did some missions as Buck, who would be my personal preference if I wasn't Chief or Marc M-036 (my personal Spartan-IV) and only that season character could find certain things, or to be precise have a story that only they can do. More likely we’ll have them team up with Chief on mini-mission. Though we already have some stories that happen to John-117 with, most likely, our new Cortana. I mean Halsey can do it once, and we all like Cortana paired with Chief, though it would be nice to see him as a diplomat with some nice girl, (briefly or in decide) and then back to full active and saving humanity.

Let me know your thoughts and ideas.
~Nights Wolfe
I would like to see armor customization actually effect gameplay and loadouts. For example if your armor has extra storage for shotgun shells you can actually have extra usable shotgun shells but not extra ammunition for another weapon, or if your helmet has a optional sensor package you can have a better motion tracker or even thermal sensors if that is what the halo cannon is for that particular armor piece. Flashlight/night vision definitely needs to be available to use as well as dark areas/night time combat with low visibility. The exception to this would be in competitive games, in competitive everyone should have the same armor, sensors, ect, to ensure a fair game start/spawns. For social games and co-op campaigns armor customization would be amazing though.
Irr7793 wrote:
I would like to see armor customization actually effect gameplay and loadouts. For example if your armor has extra storage for shotgun shells you can actually have extra usable shotgun shells but not extra ammunition for another weapon, or if your helmet has a optional sensor package you can have a better motion tracker or even thermal sensors if that is what the halo cannon is for that particular armor piece. Flashlight/night vision definitely needs to be available to use as well as dark areas/night time combat with low visibility. The exception to this would be in competitive games, in competitive everyone should have the same armor, sensors, ect, to ensure a fair game start/spawns. For social games and co-op campaigns armor customization would be amazing though.
As cool as this would be, the game that halo is wouldnt allow for it. Halo has always been an arena shooter. Just having classes alone caused everyone to lose their minds.

That being said, a RPG shooter spinoff with lore accurate armor stats/capabilities would be sweet. Maybe a pve focused game similar to Outriders or Warframe.
Irr7793 wrote:
As cool as this would be, the game that halo is wouldnt allow for it. Halo has always been an arena shooter. Just having classes alone caused everyone to lose their minds.

That being said, a RPG shooter spinoff with lore accurate armor stats/capabilities would be sweet. Maybe a pve focused game similar to Outriders or Warframe.
A Halo based RPG shooter spinoff would be a lot of fun and there is no shortage of material for 343 to work with. The events in the Halo FPS games mostly happen within a very short period of time and start nearly 25 years into the human/covenant war with Reach being first in the Halo game timeline. There are many Spartan IIs that little is actually known about as well as Spartan III headhunters. There is also the gap in the Halo games between Halo 3 and 4. Plenty of possibilities for a Halo RPG that would complement the games that we already have and not conflict with Infinite however it turns out.
I hope for armor they bring both new versions and old versions of just about all of the armors to the game. Seeing halo 5 armors in a more traditional art style is cool and all, but getting halo 5 armors as cosmetics seems like a super fun idea. If they can blend them with the art style a bit better so the community doesn't throw a fit about "MuH aEsThEtIc" that would be even better.
Yeah. Though it would be interesting if they have equipment that allows you to carry more shotgun shells. If you look at both Splintered Desert and Scorpian punch you can see the first has shotgun shells and a flash grenade, I think. While Scorpian punch has extra ammo magazines on his chest. What if they are sort of like the grapple shot? They can be carried and used like the Halo Reach armor ability and don't run out...unless you die. I think, if my guess is right, that grapple shot can be taken, just like weapons, of your opponent's dead bodies.

I'd don't know how much of what I'm guessing might be true. I'm just pumped for Halo Infinite.
Feel free to read the articles.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-december-2020
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-january-2021
As much armor customization as possible.
Irr7793 wrote:
Maybe that could work, but only in campaign. maybe you could switch chief armor to your MP armor OR upgrades to his armor.