Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo infinite ammo

OP X11 XOMAN

Ammo needs to return to Halo CE levels in my opinion
Won't argue with that. We won't be getting the 60 round magazine like we saw in the original AR, but if we are gonna be running around a massive map, then we're gonna need to be able to carry a lot more ammo. Otherwise we would need a ton of random ammo drops spread around the map.
Won't argue with that. We won't be getting the 60 round magazine like we saw in the original AR, but if we are gonna be running around a massive map, then we're gonna need to be able to carry a lot more ammo. Otherwise we would need a ton of random ammo drops spread around the map.
Not only that in legendary you would run out of ammo after your first or second encounter
I agree with the OP.

Since Halo: Infinite is an open world formula now. Running out of ammo for your favourite weapons in an open world area will be all the more annoying.

Remember when you could carry 60 rounds for the Tactical Shotgun, 600 rounds for the AR, 24 rounds for the sniper, 8 rockets for the rocket launcher and 120 rounds for the Magnum. Such good times.
Since Halo: Infinite is an open world formula now. Running out of ammo for your favourite weapons in an open world area will be all the more annoying.
Maybe MC can get back to nature.

Time for sticks and stones to become usable weapons. He could whittle some clubs from tree branches. A shiv from the rib of some indigenous creature you can mow down in your warthog. Maybe even fashion himself a bow and arrow.
Darwi wrote:

Time for sticks and stones to become usable weapons. He could whittle some clubs from tree branches. A shiv from the rib of some indigenous creature you can mow down in your warthog. Maybe even fashion himself a bow and arrow.
Lol... Maybe not please.

Speaking of which have a squiz at this podcast in relation to Halo: Infinite. Alannah touches on the subject of running out of ammo for your favourite weapons on higher difficulties too quickly. And how in an open world game that issue would become exacerbated for players and hamper 'fun'.

https://youtu.be/gLILQ41coRsThey may have to make vehicles slightly more durable so as they don't get destroyed to quickly too.
Yes. Please. I need ammo.
X11 XOMAN wrote:
Not only that in legendary you would run out of ammo after your first or second encounter
Halo 2 was the worse for this since that game was not balanced well for legendary solo play.
The original Halo had a ton of ammo, right? That’d be awesome to see again!
radmako wrote:
The original Halo had a ton of ammo, right? That’d be awesome to see again!
I felt having a bigger pool of ammo to carry around with you allowed you to use your favourite weapons more and thus facilitated the player to have more 'fun'.

It was a big part of Halo CE's charm so to speak.
I felt having a bigger pool of ammo to carry around with you allowed you to use your favourite weapons more and thus facilitated the player to have more 'fun'.

It was a big part of Halo CE's charm so to speak.
That makes sense! I’d totally love to just hoard ammo for my favorite weapon until a big fight section, and then just wreak havoc upon the enemies. Something tells me I’ll be doing that with the new Commando a lot! 😅
In an open world campaign scenario I would agree that we'd need more reserve ammo, but for multiplayer it would need to be more balanced.
Darwi wrote:

Lol... Maybe not please.

Speaking of which have a squiz at this podcast in relation to Halo: Infinite. Alannah touches on the subject of running out of ammo for your favourite weapons on higher difficulties too quickly. And how in an open world game that issue would become exacerbated for players and hamper 'fun'.

https://youtu.be/gLILQ41coRsThey may have to make vehicles slightly more durable so as they don't get destroyed to quickly too.
Maybe don't run over a grunt holding two plasma grenades.
In an open world campaign scenario I would agree that we'd need more reserve ammo, but for multiplayer it would need to be more balanced.
I know what you mean I think there is a way to right the code in the game so that we can carry more ammo in campaign then we can in multiplayer
X11 XOMAN wrote:
I know what you mean I think there is a way to right the code in the game so that we can carry more ammo in campaign then we can in multiplayer
I think it would be more than possible considering that the grappleshot works differently in multiplayer as compared to campaign. It'll be interesting to see what they do.
Agreed. That was something that upset me quite a bit with Halo 4/5, you ran out of ammo for UNSC weapons as soon as you started the mission essentially.
Def needs more ammo than 4,5
Of course I agree with you which is why I am very concerned about Infinite. The new pulse carbine looks like it uses 4% of the battery per burst which leaves about 25 bursts when fully charged. I can't imagine it being less than a 3 burst kill to drop an Spartan or Elite size target meaning that best case scenario we are getting about ~8 kills with a completely full pulse carbine.

That sounds like a lot until you consider the much larger numbers of enemies big and small that you would be going up against in campaign. If this stays the same in the final game you will be picking up and tossing away pulse carbines like they run on AAA's and that doesn't bode well for the rest of the sandbox.

There just isn't a good argument against increasing ammo capacity across the board. It doesn't make the game easier, it just mean players have to do less scrounging around to use the weapons they want.

It doesn't make a difference in multiplayer either since it will be up to map designers to control how much ammo spawns on a weapon as well as how quickly weapons respawn.

Just increase ammo capacity to around CE levels across the board ~11 "magazines" worth of ammo for basic weapons and ~5-6 "magazines" worth of ammo for more powerful weapons. Halo is an action game not a survival game, carefully managing ammo for weapons I enjoy using should not be a concern.
The battery weapons do have far less shots in some of the recent titles though at least for some of the UNSC weapons it's alright (though no where near CE). That said, in parts of Halo 4, it definitely did feel like you were playing with the famine skull even when it was turned off.

I think a big problem with the ammo, particularly in the campaign, is weapons seem to despawn way too quickly in recent titles.
Increasing the time for despawn will partially fix the issue, though for weapons like the sniper, they feel useless in some of the newer games due to the fact it sometimes takes 2 shots (even with a headshot) for an Elite kill on normal so they definitely could benefit from a larger pool or more pick ups on map (like Halo 3 did with the Ark mission). In addition, battery weapons need to use less ammo per shot (i.e. a larger battery).

Alternatively, I don't see why we could have different ammo pools for campaign and multiplayer if its that much of an issue though tbh, it could just be higher. In multiplayer, I feel you rarely run out of ammo unless you deliberately try not to pick up ammo on kills or actively avoid weapons on the map. Chances are you'll be dead before you run out of ammo, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't want to constantly feel like I am playing the game on a lite version of the famine skull.