OP Jonny45k7236

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
Link
It looks pretty clear now that Infinite will in fact have microtransactions based on a job listing for 343i.

I really just hope they are done better then 5. The "free" content we got from REQs was content expected by previous games at launch. Hopefully progression is NOT tied to it as well. If this happens I am fine with it.

If I was 343i I would also make sure it is not done by lootboxes as we don't know how much longer those will be viable.
I don't like the REQ system in Halo 5, but I could understand if its necessary. Basically the people who spend a lot of money on REQ packs subsidize the people who do not. Therefore we can all have future updates instead of paying for DLC and splitting up the community. I saw this split in BF1. DICE made really good maps, but no one played them because the community was split behind a paywall. Honestly, I probably put $20 - $30 extra into Halo 5 with REQ packs because I wanted to get armor faster. After buying a few gold packs I stopped, but there are people out there who have spent hundreds. Their money helps go towards future DLC for the rest of us.
What's also interesting to note is what amounts to an official announcement of a PC version. Something that has been speculated.
smasher555 wrote:
What's also interesting to note is what amounts to an official announcement of a PC version. Something that has been speculated.
Oh... I definitely missed that in there.
maxammo365 wrote:
I don't like the REQ system in Halo 5, but I could understand if its necessary. Basically the people who spend a lot of money on REQ packs subsidize the people who do not. Therefore we can all have future updates instead of paying for DLC and splitting up the community. I saw this split in BF1. DICE made really good maps, but no one played them because the community was split behind a paywall. Honestly, I probably put $20 - $30 extra into Halo 5 with REQ packs because I wanted to get armor faster. After buying a few gold packs I stopped, but there are people out there who have spent hundreds. Their money helps go towards future DLC for the rest of us.
I get the DLC splitting the community. I too saw what happened in BF1. But 95% of post launch content in 5 was realistically just finishing the game. If Infinite has all its content at launch THAN gives us free DLC I will support this 100%.
smasher555 wrote:
Pc version been confirmed already. We just don't know if it's launching the same day or after the Xbox version.

On topic - i don't mind the req packs for earning more xp or weapons in warzone. What i don't like is that armor is randomly unlocked through them. A way around this I think would be having armor purchasable from credits like reach or have achievement req packs unlock when you complete the achievement to unlock the specific armor you worked towards.
Im fine with microstranactions for vehicle,weapons & boosts. But thats it. Let us earn anything cosmetic through progression/achievements.
smasher555 wrote:
Pc version been confirmed already. We just don't know if it's launching the same day or after the Xbox version.

On topic - i don't mind the req packs for earning more xp or weapons in warzone. What i don't like is that armor is randomly unlocked through them. A way around this I think would be having armor purchasable from credits like reach or have achievement req packs unlock when you complete the achievement to unlock the specific armor you worked towards.
I can't remember what video I saw but somebody came up with a near perfect system that included the Credit and REQ system together and it sounded great. This what I remember.

Base armor variants had to be earned via credits like Reach, achievements, and commendations. But to unlock skins for said armor you needed REQs with some REQ only armor as well. All this while REQs were still used for Warzone as is now. This way Armor is far more separate and actually EARNED by players.
If, and only if, the intent behind the microtransaction is to continue the support of the game post launch, then I am absolutely for it. If the content seems to be what should have been in the game since day one, it isn't right. The only way to make sure is to know what youre buying before you commit to it, this includes asking 343i the right questions and not falling prey to advertising like many, including myself, did to Halo 5.
We need to ask about the most expected features because as Halo 5 has taught us, those end up going in favour of new gamemodes. Ask about:
  • the day-one game modes,
  • if forge will be there,
  • game browser,
  • split-screen co-op,
  • the number of unique maps
  • LAN support
  • Multiplayer campaign
  • most importantly non-returning features.
Hurts me to say this but I can give this franchise one more chance before I leave it in my past.
Bane 267B wrote:
If, and only if, the intent behind the microtransaction is to continue the support of the game post launch, then I am absolutely for it. If the content seems to be what should have been in the game since day one, it isn't right. The only way to make sure is to know what youre buying before you commit to it, this includes asking 343i the right questions and not falling prey to advertising like many, including myself, did to Halo 5.
We need to ask about the most expected features because as Halo 5 has taught us, those end up going in favour of new gamemodes. Ask about:
  • the day-one game modes,
  • if forge will be there,
  • game browser,
  • split-screen co-op,
  • the number of unique maps
  • LAN support
  • Multiplayer campaign
  • most importantly non-returning features.
Hurts me to say this but I can give this franchise one more chance before I leave it in my past.
LAN and split screen have been confirmed for now at least.
Honestly though the req system would be fine if it wasnt for the fact that cosmetics are stuck in randomized packs. If I were to change it though, rather than buy packs you'd buy points and the armor sets would be locked behind certain commendations, achievements, rank, etc while variations and attachments for armor sets you've earned could be bought with points. Packs would remain only for boosts, weapons, and vehicles.

I've never understood the whole "warzone is pay to win" arguement though. the reqs are randomized so it's not like they can pick and choose weapons of mass destruction. And the req packs cost a decent amount of points. It only takes a few warzone matches to get a gold pack so the only people who should complain about how long it takes to get gold packs are those who dont play warzone often and again, that's only because cosmetics are locked behind packs.

Plus most of the reqs can be easily countered by more common reqs. For example: spartan laser vs literally any vehicle. The only time this would be an issue is if the guy with the fancy req is actually skilled which likely means they earned it with req points, because chances are the only people paying for req packs are either players with low skill, people who dont have time to grind for randomized armor, and kids who found their parents credit card. So req packs returning without cosmetics in them shouldn't be a problem at all.
Im fine with microstranactions for vehicle,weapons & boosts. But thats it. Let us earn anything cosmetic through progression/achievements.
I would rather not have the things that control gameplay be paid for. That is totally pay to win then. There is simply no such thing as a good microtransaction. If people want to throw money at 343 then buy a special addition game, or send them cash in an envelope for all I care.
Honestly though the req system would be fine if it wasnt for the fact that cosmetics are stuck in randomized packs. If I were to change it though, rather than buy packs you'd buy points and the armor sets would be locked behind certain commendations, achievements, rank, etc while variations and attachments for armor sets you've earned could be bought with points. Packs would remain only for boosts, weapons, and vehicles.

I've never understood the whole "warzone is pay to win" arguement though. the reqs are randomized so it's not like they can pick and choose weapons of mass destruction. And the req packs cost a decent amount of points. It only takes a few warzone matches to get a gold pack so the only people who should complain about how long it takes to get gold packs are those who dont play warzone often and again, that's only because cosmetics are locked behind packs.

Plus most of the reqs can be easily countered by more common reqs. For example: spartan laser vs literally any vehicle. The only time this would be an issue is if the guy with the fancy req is actually skilled which likely means they earned it with req points, because chances are the only people paying for req packs are either players with low skill, people who dont have time to grind for randomized armor, and kids who found their parents credit card. So req packs returning without cosmetics in them shouldn't be a problem at all.
So you don't mind playing to Spartan level 60+ to wade through heaping tons of trash reqs to get a standard load out dmr? Personally if that's the case again ill leave infinity on the shelf.

So you don't mind playing to Spartan level 60+ to wade through heaping tons of trash reqs to get a standard load out dmr? Personally if that's the case again ill leave infinity on the shelf.
a DMR that you can't play with until REQ level 8 which is basically the last 5 minutes of the game. yeah it was horrible, but they can fix that
maxammo365 wrote:

a DMR that you can't play with until REQ level 8 which is basically the last 5 minutes of the game. yeah it was horrible, but they can fix that
Ok. You can get to REQ level 8 half way through the game, not last 5 minutes.
Honestly, I'm not dropping my money now until I see final product. How about showing love to the fans by armor sets or weapons through challenges and then offering sets for purchase. But leave the visor color and emblems out of it. I want displayed emblems on armor back. It should be limited cosmetics or skins and thats it. Im iffy on armor because I take pride in earning it in Reach. It wasnt skill based but it was dedication...and can we get a 3 color armor scheme back from halo 3 if they are going to do reskinned armor sets?
maxammo365 wrote:

Ok. You can get to REQ level 8 half way through the game, not last 5 minutes.
hyperbole
why not make a full game with all content unlockable and accessible too all who paid for the game, like they USED TOO MAKE GAMES! it baffles me how people think microtransactions and paid dlc and loot boxes are acceptable in games you ALREADY PAID FULL PRICE FOR too then pay for the REST OF THE GAME the developer held back too more money. I am SHOCKED too find out 343 are bringing microtransactions into the new game seeing as they are trying too bring back the failure of the last game and too a slowly dying franchise that has so much opportunity.
I have a feeling (but hope I am wrong) that this is the beginning of a very slippery slope for 343 and the halo franchise. THERE IS A LOT OF LOVE FOR THIS FRANCHISE and fans deserve a rejuvenation of what halo CAN be. PLEASE DO NOT MESS IT UP FOR GREED AND FOLLOWING THE SAME DIRECTION AS OTHER DEVELOPERS, EA AND BLIZZARD TOO NAME A FEW. Give us a full game filled with everything like they used too be made and guaranteed success in regard too respect too the developers at the very least
Nothing is free in life, you want the fancy things itll cost money nowadays sadly
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8