Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite Assassinations Returning or Scrapped

OP Shifty3162

im just curious but does anyone know if assassination's are coming back or where they scrapped.. because the halo infinite multiplayer trailer is the first trailer since assassination's were added to halo that DIDNT show off an assassination in the trailer
Shifty3162 wrote:
im just curious but does anyone know if assassination's are coming back or where they scrapped.. because the halo infinite multiplayer trailer is the first trailer since assassination's were added to halo that DIDNT show off an assassination in the trailer
This topic has been touched on many times. Nobody knows if they will be returning yet. If they are or are not I will not be let down. As long as there is either a double tap function or an option to turn them off it shouldn’t be an issue. As of right now they do not appear to be in the game though.

It’s more so an issue if they are forced than if they’re not in the game at all.
This is something I am wondering as well. Obviously with Halo Infinite's flighting coming really soon, we will find out the answer towards if Halo Infinite will feature assassinations. But for now we just gotta wait.
So far we haven't seen anything, but one can hope.
They would never miss the opportunity for monetisation. Don't worry they will return
There is also an option to turn off it
They might not've been ready to show just yet. The animation work could've been lower on the priority list although hopefully assassinations return.
I really hope they come back! I just hate when people yoink.
I'll actually be upset if assassinations don't return.
Shifty3162 wrote:
I don't think that Assassinations are being scrapped from Halo for 2 main reasons

They are a good way for monetization so if they didn't have them they are missing out on money (which is a big factor to take into account on a free to play platform) such as in halo 5

It is most likely a melee thing (please bare with me my brain won't let my think of the right way to put it) in some Halo Games, this could just be me, normally you can either hit someone in the back by pressing the melee or fully assassinate then by holding the melee button down.

The likelihood is that they just forgot. But who knows they could have been scrapped. We will just have to wait for confirmation or for the flights. There is a store in the game so I wouldn't be surprised if it is a mainly monetized customization option. But from pictures too we will have more customization than what we have been shown. However We don't know how far this goes. Take that as you will
Shifty3162 wrote:
I don't think that Assassinations are being scrapped from Halo for 2 main reasons

They are a good way for monetization so if they didn't have them they are missing out on money (which is a big factor to take into account on a free to play platform) such as in halo 5

It is most likely a melee thing (please bare with me my brain won't let my think of the right way to put it) in some Halo Games, this could just be me, normally you can either hit someone in the back by pressing the melee or fully assassinate then by holding the melee button down.

The likelihood is that they just forgot. But who knows they could have been scrapped. We will just have to wait for confirmation or for the flights. There is a store in the game so I wouldn't be surprised if it is a mainly monetized customization option. But from pictures too we will have more customization than what we have been shown. However We don't know how far this goes. Take that as you will
thats fair enough im just so excited and worried as assasinations where one of my all time favorite parts of halo
Good question.
I had a theoretical a while back that Infinite was some kinda updated halo 3 remaster build. Hence the return of singly use items over armor abilities and such. That’s come true so if the theory holds- with halo 3 not having the animations for back kills, then maybe they will not make a return here.
just a theory

just remember assassinations were always in halo, since CE. Just without the animation. The medal however, for a single melee back kill. Always exists.