Halo Infinite Battle Pass

OP FriendlyStu16

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
LolBrazlol wrote:
LolBrazlol wrote:
Paid battlepass is perfectly fine, and with the live service aspect of the game, it's necessary to fund development.
That said, the battle pass in Infinite NEEDS to copy MCC's battle pass, in that once you have access to it, it doesn't expire, and you can dedicate as much or as little time to it as you want without FOMO.
Paid battle pass is not fine, I don't want to have to pay to get the unlockables I would like to use. It should be like the MCC without the monitization
But they have to make money somehow on this. Your other option is micro-transactions, and that means cosmetics to keep it balanced, which means armor variants. To me, that's a nightmare.
The way I would like to see this play out is to have the Battle Pass contain new maps, game modes, and possibly some exclusive weapon skins, nameplates, stances, etc.

Leave the MJOLNIR arrmor variant unlocks purely progression-based, or based on achievements. I'm sure there will be a mix of both, but I just don't want the majority of all of the really cool armor variants locked behind some paywall.
OR 343 said the multiplayer is free, maybe we have to pay for the campaign?
FTP for everyone, right? Even if you don't have Infinite.
Not sure yet and I'm scared to know
Will still likely require Xbox Live Gold to play. Unless you are a PC gamer.
ill say it again why does every game have a battlepass why cant 343 do something different like how about earning credits like in reach to spend in the shop for winning matches
ill say it again why does every game have a battlepass why cant 343 do something different like how about earning credits like in reach to spend in the shop for winning matches
Because can't as easily be monetised in regards to microtransactions.
I honestly think MCCs battlepass is the best form. No FOMO, easy grind with no hassle but still takes time, challenges that give both exp and direct points for unlocks, BPs stack so you can choose to take your time. It's by far the best BP system to exist.
The best part about MCC's is you don't have to pay. It isn't a cheap way to get a little more money out of players, even though I would prefer it over lootboxes. And my favorite part is they keep all the BPs like you said. Gone for a long while when the next season starts? Don't worry, everything is still there alongside next season. I love it.
I honestly think MCCs battlepass is the best form. No FOMO, easy grind with no hassle but still takes time, challenges that give both exp and direct points for unlocks, BPs stack so you can choose to take your time. It's by far the best BP system to exist.
The best part about MCC's is you don't have to pay. It isn't a cheap way to get a little more money out of players, even though I would prefer it over lootboxes. And my favorite part is they keep all the BPs like you said. Gone for a long while when the next season starts? Don't worry, everything is still there alongside next season. I love it.
MCC is not a free to play model.
Paid battlepass is perfectly fine, and with the live service aspect of the game, it's necessary to fund development.
That said, the battle pass in Infinite NEEDS to copy MCC's battle pass, in that once you have access to it, it doesn't expire, and you can dedicate as much or as little time to it as you want without FOMO.
Paid battle pass is not fine, I don't want to have to pay to get the unlockables I would like to use. It should be like the MCC without the monitization
You say that, but then how will 343 fund further development on the game?
You say that, but then how will 343 fund further development on the game?
Good question.

Microtransactions should be cosmetic only and not be ridiculous like Valorant microtransactions. And there should still be the option to unlock all cosmetics via regular gameplay. None should be 100% pay-walled.
And that just makes it better. Some games still have a paid battlepass in full price games.

An idea: Playing just the free MP locks the battlepass behind the paywall. Buying the full game will give you free access to it, like MCC.
And that just makes it better. Some games still have a paid battlepass in full price games.

An idea: Playing just the free MP locks the battlepass behind the paywall. Buying the full game will give you free access to it, like MCC.
Hmmm. Interesting idea.
As others have said before, I would be fine with a paid battlepass as long as those who bought the full game get it included. We shouldn’t have to pay for the game and a pay for the battlepass, although I understand 343 need to make money somehow.

That being said, if I had total control I would just implement Reach’s progression system, but again I recognise 343 need to make money and a battlepass system is one of the easiest ways to do that at the minute.
If they have to do a battlepass then I'd have to say make it similar if not the same as the one from MCC. No season exclusive items just play the game and have fun whilst having the option to spend your points on whatever you'd like from season to season. If you don't like the stuff from one season and don't want to unlock it, save up your points for the next season but have the option to go back and unlock them at a later date.
My hope is that each BP will have a free set of items and a premium set of items. Pay $10-$20 in order to get the premium track unlocked. Every match you play earns you points or credits or some sort of currency, as well as XP toward unlocking BP levels/tiers. At the start of the second BP, they open up a cosmetics shop that lets you buy the items from the first BP (and the second after that one's done, and the third, and so forth) with that currency, or just paying up-front with real money.

I also hope that if they have certain challenges that give you more XP and/or currency, that they don't revolve around specific weapons, vehicles, ways of taking out opponents, and so forth. Just straightforward "Get X number of kills", "Get Y number of assists", "Complete Z number of matches in this playlist" so that people don't focus on trying to do one thing to the detriment of their team.
I will always want to have halo reach's unlock design back, but as times change this just won't work anymore especially with free to play. MCC at this point would work well for infinite. Maybe charge a couple bucks each season for the free to play players and give it away to all who bought campaign

Hmmm. Interesting idea.
My only other idea is monetizing some nameplates and weapon/armor skins.
omg i just had an idea you know how you see chiefs armor getting made in that gameplay trailer imagine having that place in game a,forge where you see the armor you purchase get smelted and made just for your Spartan man that would be sick
Given the multiplayer is going to be free to play now, a battle pass seems likely. Personally, I’ve not played any games with a proper battle pass, but if one is to be implemented, here’s what I’d kinda like to see.

So the game launches late 2020. If you buy the game, you get all the features you’d expect (Forge, theatre, etc). However, you can pick up the multiplayer and play social and ranked for free. They would be able to rank up and unlock armour (and other stuff) that way just like anyone else, but roughy half of all content would be locked behind challenges and achievements linked to the campaign, and those who bought the full game.

6 months later, they drop a multiplayer DLC beginning Season 2. 8+ new dev made maps, lots and lots of new unlocks, etc. If you bought the game, you get this for free, or you could pay $10-15 for a Season 2 Pass. Players who don’t want to pay can continue playing within the same platform, but only have access to Season 1’s unlocks.

6 months after that (Holiday 21), they would realest a large campaign expansion for like $30-40, but would include the Season 3 content for free. Otherwise you could pay for the pass on its own. Season 2 content would then be unlocked for the free to play folks, so they were always a season behind.

They could continue this model for a few years, with campaign content dropping each holiday season, and multiplayer content releasing every 6 months with each new season.
I would also say that folks who buy the campaign DLC should get both seasons that year, sort of a way of keeping the fans engaged with the story content.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2