Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

HALO INFINITE BATTLE ROYAL!!

OP XXGOOSE2XX

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
zInsurge wrote:
"New" gametype? You mean the same gametype that would be copied from BF5/BO4 that copied the gametype from Fortnite that copied the gametype from PUBG that copied gametype from H1Z1 that copied the gametype from Minecraft Hunger Games will be a new addition in Halo Infinite?
Good points, good points.

You know, Call of Duty and Battlefield have 4v4 modes, too. I guess we should stop copying them and just not bother putting 4v4 in the next Halo.

Oh, and come to think of it, CoD has a Free-For-All mode as well! Well, I guess 343 better get rid of FFA from Halo. Everybody's gotta stop copying each other eventually, right?

Doesn't CoD also have a zombie mode of some kind? We're kind of pushing it with infection, then, aren't we? Better just leave that in the past, too.
zInsurge wrote:
Yeah, I stole most of that from The Act Man.
Doesn't look like an argument that's worth stealing, but okay.
zInsurge wrote:
I don't really see a need for 343 to develop a Battle Royale mode. Frankly, if the community wants a BR mode so bad, then simply forge it. Halo 5 had a Battlegrounds custom game by Unsorted Guy that was pretty enjoyable, even though there was only 16 people. If Forge and Custom Games continue to evolve (larger lobbies for custom games?), then I think the community would have no problem making a BR custom game that satisfies.
Oh, I know there's Battle Royale gametypes people have made in Forge. I've spent quite a few hours playing them with friends (so I already know how fun a Halo Battle Royale gametype can be), but the reason I want a Battle Royale mode in Halo is because I know it has the potential to draw the intrigue of a very large crowd, and if 343 do the next Halo right, it would be a perfect time to draw in such a crowd. Draw them in with a gametype they already love, get them hooked on the gameplay of a Halo done right. . . . Profit?

But I can't see a Halo BR mode gaining a significant amount of popularity without "dev support" and a dedicated matchmaking system. And if all the maps for this kind of mode are made in Forge, it would have to be an incredible Forge, even better than Halo 5's (which took a very long time and a lot of updates from 343 to get as good as it is today).
I was only making a joke/reference. Relax.

Of course dev support and a matchmaking system would increase player population. Is it worth the effort? No. I'd rather all efforts be focused on making Halo Infinite be mechanically perfect. Battle Royale is certainly not a necessity.

Also, pretty sure Halo had all of those modes first. :P
I'm seeing a lot of comments of do not have Battle Royal then you guys should look at my other forums I have about Big Team Battle, Warzone and Forge please check those forums out on my profile
DaekLaw wrote:
There are already more than enough B.R. Games and more and more trying to adapt this concept.
None with the Halo franchise's reputation and gameplay style.

DaekLaw wrote:
Franchises like COD even do sacrifice their Campaign. (Still to this day, I wonder how they will adapt a gamemode like this with their inbalanced weapons)

Halo Infinite would have to sacrifice something too. So how does it not negatively impact the rest of the game, when 343 would have to put a lot of time and effort for such a gamemode? Infinite will likely come out in 2020. How innovative would it be to focus on BR in 2020?
How do you know it would take them a lot of time and effort to put in a B. R. mode? How much time are we talking, do you think? I think the amount of time and resources it would take them would be negligible--especially when considering the potential reward.

The difference between Halo and CoD is CoD doesn't already have gamemodes that require large maps. They don't have a Warzone. And 343 made way too much money through the purchasing of REQ packs in Halo 5 for there not to be another Warzone, which would require the creation of large maps. See what I'm getting at? They might have to make some alterations to the maps to make them play better for a B. R. mode, but they won't have to design them from scratch especially for it. And if you think the maps in PUBG, H1Z1 and Fortnite are carefully designed from scratch for said mode... I don't know, I might knock myself out from facepalming that hard. The maps for those games are just huge conglomerate messes.

And how much would you like to bet against the B. R. craze lasting another two years? 'Cause I like its chances.

DaekLaw wrote:
The first priority for the next Halo Game should it to fix their own game modes. We don't want any sacrifices for Pay2Win Modes anymore. (WZ, WZ, Assault, Firefight).
Alright, now I have to ask: Are you serious?Good luck with that, man, but as a realist I have to tell you: the odds of that happening do not look good.

DaekLaw wrote:
And yup, we would like to have a new game mode. But for gods sake, you won't gain tons of new players by just copying stuff from other games.
TELL THAT TO THE DEVELOPERS OF FORTNITE.
GROMSAUCE wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
It's already been confirmed that 343 aren't working on any Battle Royale style games
*edit* This was mentioned on one of the social streams
That's great because games like Fortnite are already dying.
No, games like Fortnite are not already dying, I just googled it before replying to you, and whilst exact numbers are not clear, these games have massive player counts, Fortnite has been the top most played game on the Xbox list for as long as I can remember, and PUBG is around 6th or 7th.

I'm neither for or against a Halo Battle Royale, but I think it could be very successful if done correctly, if they simply put Fortnite or PUBG in a Halo skin it won't work imo. If they created a unique Halo Battle Royale I believe players would try it.
Halo is an arena based shooter and seeing Spartans in this new BR trends is ridiculous, however. Seeing that a BR SPINOFF mode that maybe resembled the ODST aspect of the franchise might actually work.
No just no... it isn’t what halo should be... fortnite and pub g
mare great games battle royal just doesn’t belong in halo and if it is put into it I will officially be done with the franchise and adopt the idea that the master chief is still in cryo sleep on the forward onto dawn.
How about NO.
DaekLaw wrote:
There are already more than enough B.R. Games and more and more trying to adapt this concept.
None with the Halo franchise's reputation and gameplay style.

DaekLaw wrote:
Franchises like COD even do sacrifice their Campaign. (Still to this day, I wonder how they will adapt a gamemode like this with their inbalanced weapons)

Halo Infinite would have to sacrifice something too. So how does it not negatively impact the rest of the game, when 343 would have to put a lot of time and effort for such a gamemode? Infinite will likely come out in 2020. How innovative would it be to focus on BR in 2020?
How do you know it would take them a lot of time and effort to put in a B. R. mode? How much time are we talking, do you think? I think the amount of time and resources it would take them would be negligible--especially when considering the potential reward.

The difference between Halo and CoD is CoD doesn't already have gamemodes that require large maps. They don't have a Warzone. And 343 made way too much money through the purchasing of REQ packs in Halo 5 for there not to be another Warzone, which would require the creation of large maps. See what I'm getting at? They might have to make some alterations to the maps to make them play better for a B. R. mode, but they won't have to design them from scratch especially for it. And if you think the maps in PUBG, H1Z1 and Fortnite are carefully designed from scratch for said mode... I don't know, I might knock myself out from facepalming that hard. The maps for those games are just huge conglomerate messes.

And how much would you like to bet against the B. R. craze lasting another two years? 'Cause I like its chances.

DaekLaw wrote:
The first priority for the next Halo Game should it to fix their own game modes. We don't want any sacrifices for Pay2Win Modes anymore. (WZ, WZ, Assault, Firefight).
Alright, now I have to ask: Are you serious?Good luck with that, man, but as a realist I have to tell you: the odds of that happening do not look good.

DaekLaw wrote:
And yup, we would like to have a new game mode. But for gods sake, you won't gain tons of new players by just copying stuff from other games.
TELL THAT TO THE DEVELOPERS OF FORTNITE.
Don't get me wrong, but this desire to copy things (changing it up just a little bit is the same thing, that's not inspiration) is the reason why Halo is getting less and less popular. Jumping on every hype wagon is not a solution. Unlike games like COD, you won't get a Halo Game every year. Trying to hop on that wagon can damage your franchise, because there's always the possibility, that the trend has already died. *cough Enhanched Mobility*
To your arguments:

1.) It would take them more than enough time & ressources, than you think to design a proper BR Mode. I wouldn't mind it, if the traditional Halo Gamemodes wouldn't be sacrificed, but after seeing the disaster in Guardians - I still don't trust this company. There is absolutely no excuse for this.

2.) Everything has it's Climax and downfall. So will BR. Infinite will likely come out in 2020 - by that time you will surely see a slight downfall. I'm not hating on BR, but that's how it is with games. By that time a lot of new games will come out - who knows, it could be something entirely different.

3.) Umm...wait. Let me ask you again: Are you serious? Wow. Basicially what you say is: "Accept everything as it is, don't have any hope for the next Multiplayer, let them do whatever they want" - Great Attidude, man. If it were up to people like you, the RNG System would influence every single game mode.
I get the issue, that it's not possible anymore to get a full game with every single thing we want for 60€ (due to the high costs) But Microtransactions should never influence any gamemode. I'd rather pay for DLC's. Splitting the community is not an argument anymore, because a lot of people refuse to play WZ also. So it's just another way of splitting. But at least it wouldn't destroy an ingame Experience.

4.) You can not compare Fortnite to Infinite. Fortnite already is out for a plenty of time, it plays way different, than PUBG. And the most important thing is: It's free. Fortnite has succeeded, where PUBG has failed (by gaining the trust of the customers) Instead of fixing their game, they focus on microtransactions. But to be honest: I don't play these games, so I don't care.
Halo already has Battle Royale. It's in forge! Has everyone forgotten how great the Halo forge is? Especially Halo 5's forge. Go make a Battle Royale gamemode and map in forge. Or, wait for Halo Infinite's forge and make your own maps and gamemodes then with a even better forge.

P.S. Greenskull said this in one of his videos talking about his thoughts on Battle Royale in Halo. Look him up on Youtube.
DaekLaw wrote:
DaekLaw wrote:
There are already more than enough B.R. Games and more and more trying to adapt this concept.
None with the Halo franchise's reputation and gameplay style.

DaekLaw wrote:
Franchises like COD even do sacrifice their Campaign. (Still to this day, I wonder how they will adapt a gamemode like this with their inbalanced weapons)

Halo Infinite would have to sacrifice something too. So how does it not negatively impact the rest of the game, when 343 would have to put a lot of time and effort for such a gamemode? Infinite will likely come out in 2020. How innovative would it be to focus on BR in 2020?
How do you know it would take them a lot of time and effort to put in a B. R. mode? How much time are we talking, do you think? I think the amount of time and resources it would take them would be negligible--especially when considering the potential reward.

The difference between Halo and CoD is CoD doesn't already have gamemodes that require large maps. They don't have a Warzone. And 343 made way too much money through the purchasing of REQ packs in Halo 5 for there not to be another Warzone, which would require the creation of large maps. See what I'm getting at? They might have to make some alterations to the maps to make them play better for a B. R. mode, but they won't have to design them from scratch especially for it. And if you think the maps in PUBG, H1Z1 and Fortnite are carefully designed from scratch for said mode... I don't know, I might knock myself out from facepalming that hard. The maps for those games are just huge conglomerate messes.

And how much would you like to bet against the B. R. craze lasting another two years? 'Cause I like its chances.

DaekLaw wrote:
The first priority for the next Halo Game should it to fix their own game modes. We don't want any sacrifices for Pay2Win Modes anymore. (WZ, WZ, Assault, Firefight).
Alright, now I have to ask: Are you serious?Good luck with that, man, but as a realist I have to tell you: the odds of that happening do not look good.

DaekLaw wrote:
And yup, we would like to have a new game mode. But for gods sake, you won't gain tons of new players by just copying stuff from other games.
TELL THAT TO THE DEVELOPERS OF FORTNITE.
Don't get me wrong, but because of people like you Halo is getting less and less popular.
No, it's because of people like you who are incapable of distinguishing a good idea from a bad one. Adding things like sprint and clamber and allowing them to effect the gameplay of the ENTIRE game is clearly a bad idea and a huge risk. The gameplay is the bread and butter, if you screw it up, all goes downhill from there. Adding in a single extremely popular gametype when you already have the bulk of the essentials created for it is a NO BRAINER.

DaekLaw wrote:
Jumping on every hype wagon is not a solution.
You're confused. Look at all the posts in this thread saying no to the idea vs. the amount of people that are open to it. You're the one who's hopped on the wagon. 343 made some bad decisions by implementing the wrong ideas so now you think every idea is a bad one--it's completely irrational. I'm telling people to keep an open mind and that not all ideas are created equal, which is a fact.

DaekLaw wrote:
Unlike games like COD, you won't get a Halo Game every year. Trying to hop on that wagon can damage your franchise, because there's always the possibility, that the trend has already died. *cough Enhanched Mobility*
Like I said: Enhanced Mobility touched almost every single gamemode/playlist in Halo 5. It had a direct impact on GAMEPLAY.

I'M TALKING ABOUT A SINGLE GAMETYPE. Meaning that if it fails, it does no harm to the rest of the game.
DaekLaw wrote:
To your arguments:

1.) It would take them more than enough time & ressources, than you think to design a proper BR Mode.
Do you have any experience in video game development?
Do you have any idea what 343 Industries have already created for Infinite?
Because, according to this article (and 3 others I've found that say the same thing), Epic Games threw together and released the first iteration of Fortnite's BR mode in two months.SO, like I've been saying, if 343 plan on creating (or have already created) large maps for the next Warzone or what have you (which is extremely likely), it would only be logical to consider using it for a BR mode as well because the risk sure as hell appears to be worth the potential reward.

DaekLaw wrote:
2.) Everything has it's Climax and downfall. So will BR. Infinite will likely come out in 2020 - by that time you will surely see a slight downfall.
A slight downfall? Do you have any idea how popular Battle Royales are right now? A slight downfall would still make Fortnite more popular than Halo has been in a loooong time. You're not making a good case.

DaekLaw wrote:
3.) Umm...wait. Let me ask you again: Are you serious? Wow. Basicially what you say is: "Accept everything as it is, don't have any hope for the next Multiplayer, let them do whatever they want" - Great Attidude, man. If it were up to people like you, the RNG System would influence every single game mode.
Putting words in my mouth now. Good for you.

I voted with my wallet and never purchased a single REQ pack...and yet they still made a ridiculous amount of money off them. Game over, man. As I said: I'm a realist. You seem to think attitude alone will change the world. You're in for a rude awakening.

DaekLaw wrote:
4.) You can not compare Fortnite to Infinite. Fortnite already is out for a plenty of time, it plays way different, than PUBG.
So does Halo. As I said, there's no BR out there that plays like Halo. It has a very different art and gameplay style to offer compared to everything else.

DaekLaw wrote:
And the most important thing is: It's free.
So is Halo 5 Forge and customs on PC. Why couldn't 343 release a Halo BR mode for free?
NO
Short, sweet and to the point.
DaekLaw wrote:
DaekLaw wrote:
There are already more than enough B.R. Games and more and more trying to adapt this concept.
1 + 2) Lol, you don' get it, do you? This is not an idea. BR already exists in Halo. Sure, we can discuss if it should be included in the Playlists - which I wouldn't mind. What you personally want is the exact same concept as Fortnite. How is that innovative? Even though I don't like the RNG System in WZ, I atleast appreaciate an attempt for a new gamemode. What you wan't is bascially the exact same thing like Fortnite with a Halo Skin. Very innovative.
And again, you're completly ignoring the other part of my post. I did a specific reference. P2W Warzone has replaced Dev. Made BTB, P2W Assault has replaced Territories, OW CTF, P2W Firefight has replaced Customizable Firefight. Warzone Maps are seperated from the rest of the game. You can't forge on em, you can't play BTB on em, nothing - that means, that 343 would have to double down the number of maps. Tell me now how that should be possible, without additonal, paid DLC OR cutting off BTB again. You don't have to be a game developer to understand such simple things.

3) I'm aware of the fact, that FN is still number 1, while PUBG is already going slowly down (because of their own mistakes)
"A slight downfall would still make Fortnite more popular than Halo has been in a loooong time. You're not making a good case." is what you said. And there is the difference between us. I want to see Halo on top again. And this is not possible with your methods. Halo is in a pretty bad spot right now, people expect something big. You have to announce something new, something, that captures people from OTHER audiences as well. Because they already got their BR Experience from other games and they would eventually like to try something new. You don't offer them a new experience - it would be one of many variations. That is not worth a 60€ purchase from their perspective. We're talking about 2 years and 4 months. A new, big game within this period of time could draw all the attention. You never know.

4) I'm not putting in your mouths, that's what you've basicially said. That has nothing to do with reality. I've already told you, that there are other ways to gain more money. I personally prefer Paid DLC (if something absolutely has to be in Infinite) This would not effect any gamemode.

5) The rest goes without saying. I have no problem with people enjoying BR. But that's nothing new and it's nothing new to Halo either. Forge in Infinite will be most likely even better, so 343 can put some community made maps in Playlists.
DaekLaw wrote:
1 + 2) Lol, you don' get it, do you? This is not an idea. BR already exists in Halo. Sure, we can discuss if it should be included in the Playlists - which I wouldn't mind. What you personally want is the exact same concept as Fortnite. How is that innovative? Even though I don't like the RNG System in WZ, I atleast appreaciate an attempt for a new gamemode. What you wan't is bascially the exact same thing like Fortnite with a Halo Skin. Very innovative.
Somehow you have no idea what I want. Might want to make an effort to read more comprehensively in the future. Now: Innovation has no bearing on whether or not a BR mode should be in Infinite. Before Fortnite BR, there was H1Z1 and PUBG. It wasn't innovative when Epic implemented a BR mode in Fortnite, and yet look at how much they've profited from bringing it over. So this "It's not innovative!" argument is meaningless. Maybe that's why I was ignoring it--because it's not worth addressing.

Also, you just told me 343 needs to play it safe and not copy things from other games...but you're also saying they should innovate? Is this a joke? Innovation is RISKY. Are you honestly telling me you want 343 to play it safe...WHILE trying to innovate? Do you have any idea how hypocritical that is? It seems that not only can you not comprehend what I want, you can't even nail down what it is You want.

I don't care about innovating the video game industry. I also don't want Halonite. I want Halo Infinite to be as fun and as successful as it possibly can be.

DaekLaw wrote:
And again, you're completly ignoring the other part of my post. I did a specific reference. P2W Warzone has replaced Dev. Made BTB, P2W Assault has replaced Territories, OW CTF, P2W Firefight has replaced Customizable Firefight. Warzone Maps are seperated from the rest of the game. You can't forge on em, you can't play BTB on em, nothing - that means, that 343 would have to double down the number of maps.
You're wrong: You can play custom games on Warzone maps. It just requires a glitch because 343 didn't bother to make it officially available for such purposes. Just because 343 hasn't allowed us to use Halo 5's Warzone maps for whatever we want doesn't mean we couldn't. We obviously could (and do, in some ways, without their permission). I don't see how you could possibly come to the conclusion that those maps couldn't/wouldn't be useful for anything else. You're clearly reaching.

So where's evidence to back the bolded statement?

And as for BTB: It's going to get the shaft because 343 aren't going to go backwards from 12v12 and they're not going to give up on Warzone. BR mode or no BR mode, that's not going to change. If it makes money, stick with it. You don't have to be a game developer to understand such simple things (haha).

You honestly have no basis for saying any gametype REPLACED another gametype. Look at how much work they put into Breakout--the maps, the animations, the settings. Maybe if they had put time into building BTB alongside Warzone instead of building Breakout, we could've had both. And guess what: Warzone and BTB are both in the top 10 most popular gamemodes in Halo 5 (WZ was in 3rd, BTB was in 8th) while Breakout, THEIR ATTEMPT AT INNOVATION, isn't anywhere near that popular. It's pretty clear to me that you're just picking out gamemodes that you don't like and saying, "It's because they made THAT that we don't have (insert gametype I want)!" You're bias is showing.

DaekLaw wrote:
Tell me now how that should be possible, without additonal, paid DLC OR cutting off BTB again. You don't have to be a game developer to understand such simple things.

3) I'm aware of the fact, that FN is still number 1, while PUBG is already going slowly down (because of their own mistakes)
"A slight downfall would still make Fortnite more popular than Halo has been in a loooong time. You're not making a good case." is what you said. And there is the difference between us. I want to see Halo on top again. And this is not possible with your methods.
Like I've said...how many times now? It worked for Epic games. You're still failing to make your case.

DaekLaw wrote:
Halo is in a pretty bad spot right now, people expect something big. You have to announce something new, something, that captures people from OTHER audiences as well.
See my second paragraph in this post.

Your advice: PLAY IT SAFE WHILE INNOVATING is oxymoronic.

You're saying it's safer for 343 to develop a completely new idea (which they have a bad track record for doing--Spartan Ops, Breakout, etc.) than to implement a gametype that's already proven to draw the masses. I'm starting to think you're trolling.

DaekLaw wrote:
Because they already got their BR Experience from other games and they would eventually like to try something new. You don't offer them a new experience - it would be one of many vartions. That is not worth a 60€ purchase from their perspective.
You're all over the place. You're putting a price-tag on this fictional Halo BR mode when you've given no reason why 343 couldn't release such a mode for free or extremely cheap (like they did with Halo 5 forge and customs on PC). Halo's gameplay and art style is obviously different enough to set it apart from the likes of Fortnite and PUBG (if you'd like to discuss that further, I'm willing, but I have a feeling that would be a very short discussion).

Obviously a Halo BR mode alone wouldn't be worth that much money. I never said it would be and it has no bearing on this discussion.
I should have described it better. Their first priority should it to have a strong playlist on launch (With all the traditional gamemodes) and then they should focus on one, new feature.
To the other parts: Don't get me wrong, but I see no point with discussing with you any further. I could literally post the same thing over and over again. I've made more than enough points t, why they shouldn't focus their next Title on BR. If you refuse to watch things from a diferent perspective, if you refuse to think ahead - it's not my fault.
DaekLaw wrote:
I should have described it better. Their first priority should it to have a strong playlist on launch (With all the traditional gamemodes) and then they should focus on one, new feature.
To the other parts: Don't get me wrong, but I see no point with discussing with you any further. I could literally post the same thing over and over again. I've made more than enough points t, why they shouldn't focus their next Title on BR. If you refuse to watch things from a diferent perspective, if you refuse to think ahead - it's not my fault.
People are different, some are just set in their ways. Whilst many of us are open to new ideas, some are not. Especially some Halo fans. There is a portion of the community that would be happy with a re skinned Halo 3 every few years, there are others that are more open minded.

I'm all for 343i trying new things, they have changed a lot but I feel we lost too much along the way. I want bigger more open world games, and I think Halo would be an amazing open world experience, and I think a BR mode could work too, IF, it's done well.

Others will disagree.
-Yoink- battle royal...don't ruin the most balanced competitive shooter on the market for some -Yoink- gimic.
Battle Royale is as popular as it is (mostly) because of Fortnite. And Fortnite is as popular as it is because it's "free" to play. PUBG is pretty popular because it's cheap. I don't think the BR trend is going to be nearly as popular when Infinite releases as it is now. I could see BR being nearly dead in 1-3 years.

I'd prefer 343 focus its limited resources on an awesome campaign and Arena/Warzone.

I think the folks making Black Ops 4 are really going to regret going all in on BR.
PLEASE DEAR GOODNESS NO.
Battle Royale has already infected the internet, and if they add it to Halo I’ll be mad. It’ll almost ruin the original idea that a Halo game is made with. We don’t need another game to fill a Battle Royale niche, what we need right now is for a Halo game to actually fill a Halo game niche.
(that makes sense, right?)
I have nothing against Battle Royale but I really don't think it's needed in Halo. I'm actually content with the way warzone works, which can be improved significantly with Infinite. I just want a good Halo game. I worry that if 343 focuses on a BR mode, it could allow for dips in development with other areas of the game.

  • Focus on campaign - make the Master Chief the focus of Infinite. Do away with ai squad teammates. eww.
  • Focus not just on warzone but also on Big Team Battle.
  • Focus on quality dev made maps and not just reimagined maps.
  • Focus on matchmaking in general because 343 needs to knock it out of the park.
After doing all of that, if 343 really has time to make a knock off BR mode, then go for it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4