Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Halo Infinite Beta...for PC

OP Lions Pride142

Earlier on this year, it was announced that there would be flight programs for Halo Infinite so they could get feedback on it as the game progresses. I'm fairly confident that this will happen from within the MCC, much like Halo 5 (I don't recall if they actually said this, it's just what I gather from it all). So, if all goes according to plan, you should be able to play the Infinite beta from your MCC copy.

...But I've been wondering where that leaves PC players. We obviously do not have access to the MCC, so...would it just be an open beta?

They could be planning to release Halo MCC for PC next year, seeing as the game is overall fixed, seeing as they were talking about "bringing a classic Halo experience to PC" but I don't know.
Nothing has been announced about the beta, but it is an easier assumption to make that it will be accessed through the Microsoft and Xbox store like Halo 5 and HW2 (this is also how PC tests worked for HW2). MCC only allowed early access to a week long beta, it became public for a final weekend. The Halo 5 beta was its own file independent of MCC.

Betas can generally be open since they can also used as a server test as opposed to a just a balance and bugs test. That’s why a lot of modern betas are public and free but only on at specific times.

On a Q&A earlier this year, when the MCC fix was announced, 343 explained that there are no plans for MCC on PC.

Hope that helped :P
Nothing has been announced about the beta, but it is an easier assumption to make that it will be accessed through the Microsoft and Xbox store like Halo 5 and HW2 (this is also how PC tests worked for HW2). MCC only allowed early access to a week long beta, it became public for a final weekend. The Halo 5 beta was its own file independent of MCC.

Betas can generally be open since they can also used as a server test as opposed to a just a balance and bugs test. That’s why a lot of modern betas are public and free but only on at specific times.

On a Q&A earlier this year, when the MCC fix was announced, 343 explained that there are no plans for MCC on PC.

Right, the MS Store. I use it so rarely I often forget about it. Lol

Eh. They're clearly aware that the fans want it "we heard you loud and clear" and they only said that there's no plans to do that at this TIME. Maybe sometime in the future. Who knows.

Right, the MS Store. I use it so rarely I often forget about it. Lol

Eh. They're clearly aware that the fans want it "we heard you loud and clear" and they only said that there's no plans to do that at this TIME. Maybe sometime in the future. Who knows.
Sadly MS really hate the idea of using 3rd parties for their games with the exception of a couple older games. Just like Forza, Gears and HW; I’m certain that HI (and any future versions of MCC) will be on the MS store. As a launcher it works great but man. Downloads are hellish! Like just plain awful.
I would imagine the flights would be through the insider program like MCC's was. Is insider on PC?
i cant wait for the beta release so we can start testing it , ive been beta testing for microsoft since the original xbox , and been beta tester for windows since the days of windows 3.11 i am currently an insider tester .
i saw the CES announcement last year of Halo infinite and i was just jumping out of my seat to play this i can hardly wait. so exciting