Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

HALO Infinite Bosses Discussion

OP Sage Gogenkil

List of possible bosses or important characters that may show up in Halo Infinite.
The Spirit of Fire crew and Infinitys crew.
Atriox, Voridus, ShipMaster from Awakening the Nightmare.
Colony, with his Goliaths and skitters, From operation Spear Break
The Juggernaut Flood from Awakening,
Control Sentinels from HW2
Warden Eternal, an Cortanas judgement with rebel AI.
Forerunner Knights may be utilized in some way

Confirmed we know there will be a Headhunter Elite as a boss. Escharum might be more an advisor.
Professor Anders might Join up with Cortana she is most likely with her.
Cpt Cutter Might meet up with Lasky an Palmer for a debriefing unveiling of sorts during Halo Infinite .
The table has already been set. Blue team an Red team an team Osiris, other Spartan 4 teams may all be on Reach or the Arc there is a Portal to both locations.
I think it's clear that Infinite is going to have a fair set of bosses. I'm hoping that they can take some creative steps in boss design, or at the very least have decent weak points.
Halos boss battles have been historically kinda poor.
I can't help but feel that our head hunter elite bro is going to be a bullet sponge with an energy sword.
Would be awesome. Masterchief beats them all
I hope we get a decent boss fight with masterchief killing eschuem
Halo doesn't have the best track record with boss fights, and Infinite seems like a good place to turn that around. Honestly, as long as we get an awesome 1-on-1 duel-to-the-death with Escharum (with Blow Me Away playing, perhaps? Maybe???) I'm good, but I'd love to fight some kind of giant Sentinel construct, or maybe a Hunter colony in some kind of colossal form.
I do hope they improve on the format of boss fights. Despite 5s flaws it was the best state for “bosses” but most of the time it just became a big bullet sponge fest.

Bullet sponge is fine but more strategy and less sponge I think would be ideal for boss battles.

I hope the grunt mech makes a return and of course things like scarabs since they were sort of bosses in their own way.

If they bring back the warden I think they should change him up. A big complaint was the repetitive halo 5 appearance but maybe he can still reappear just change his look and move set. Sure the sword he has is good, but have him kill two brute chieftains and have both of their hammers in each hand. Then the next time he rips the arm off a hunter and the turret off a warthog. Just some ideas but variety and setting each battle apart would improve the concept as a whole.

Flood they could almost do anything. Having an enemy boss that sort of resembles grave mind would be good to face off with.
Well if bosses are going to be in halo Infinite hopefully their implementation is more of a "puzzle" rather than a quick time event or a bullet sponge. The scarab in halo is a great example, the player has to use the sandbox which can be ranging from vehicles to the environment to take down the scarab legs, board it, and finally destroy the core. If I was going to implement the goliaths as a mini-boss for example, I wouldn't force that boss to completely block the player (as that hurts the on the move combat bungie placed) this was an issue with fighting two hunters blocking your path. (There could be some exceptions though) The goliath would be surrounded by a couple of brutes and jackals, the goal is to piss off the goliath to charge into a group of fusion coils or make him hit his own enemy companions. The goliath also has a weak spot on the back that can be revealed if you destroy it by boarding the goliath.
List of possible bosses or important characters that may show up in Halo Infinite.
The Spirit of Fire crew and Infinitys crew.
Atriox, Voridus, ShipMaster from Awakening the Nightmare.
Colony, with his Goliaths and skitters, From operation Spear Break
The Juggernaut Flood from Awakening,
Control Sentinels from HW2
Warden Eternal, an Cortanas judgement with rebel AI.
Forerunner Knights may be utilized in some way

Confirmed we know there will be a Headhunter Elite as a boss. Escharum might be more an advisor.
Professor Anders might Join up with Cortana she is most likely with her.
Cpt Cutter Might meet up with Lasky an Palmer for a debriefing unveiling of sorts during Halo Infinite .
The table has already been set. Blue team an Red team an team Osiris, other Spartan 4 teams may all be on Reach or the Arc there is a Portal to both locations.
Good to know!