Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo: Infinite Box Art Impressions?

OP VmasterRecon

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
According to a comment made by Halo's Instagram account, this is the cover picture for Halo: Infinite.

What do you guys think? It heavily gives off a Halo: Combat Evolved feel and seeing as that the game itself is a soft reboot, that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I love the new Halo Infinite image. It have the same style from Halo Combat Evolved. This also shows that 343 Industries really want Halo Infinite to go back to basics especially when it comes to the story and gameplay.
I really like it. Nostalgic CE vibes.
I like it. It’s very nostalgic, which seems to be what most of their marketing has been based on. That’s not a bad thing in my opinion.

Edit: I missed it the first time I looked, but I like how it shows the broken parts of the halo in the background

Most importantly
Spoiler:
Show
I love the new Halo Infinite image. It have the same style from Halo Combat Evolved. This also shows that 343 Industries really want Halo Infinite to go back to basics especially when it comes to the story and gameplay.
The only thing I am slightly concerned about is Halo: Infinite heavily copying Halo: Combat Evolved and not being its own thing, but I really hope my concerns are misplaced. We shall find out tomorrow 😄
Atriox in his visor reflection, sick.
Broken halo ring, sick.
Classic aesthetic, sick.
Brohammer's pelican? Sick?
Wasp confirmed, sick.
Large landscapes, sick.
Ominous structures, sick.

No warthog? Eh.
I see that they're heavily leaning on the Halo CE nostalgia. But to be honest, it feels a tad bit too edgy. I'd rather have Master Chief gazing into the distance Halo 2/3 style than staring directly at the player like he's going to kill you. I give it 3/5.
tsassi wrote:
I see that they're heavily leaning on the Halo CE nostalgia. But to be honest, it feels a tad bit too edgy. I'd rather have Master Chief gazing into the distance Halo 2/3 style than staring directly at the player like he's going to kill you. I give it 3/5.
Sort of like the first image that was revealed? With the Chief in the Pelican looking over his shoulder?
Pretty sure thats a grappling hook on his left forearm so at least thats confirmed? Gameplay doesnt seem like its going back to classic Halo, but may be toned down from 4/5
I think theres a brute in his visor reflection
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
I completely missed that. I’m not convinced it’s Atriox, but definitely cool nonetheless. They did a good job adding those little details that many will overlook at first
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
I completely missed that. I’m not convinced it’s Atriox, but definitely cool nonetheless. They did a good job adding those little details that many will overlook at first
I missed that as well. I don't think it is Atriox either, but more than likely could be one of his Lieutenants.
tsassi wrote:
Sort of like the first image that was revealed? With the Chief in the Pelican looking over his shoulder?
i feel like that's slightly better, yes. Although I'd still like Master Chief to look bit less tense. Something that bucks the trend of FPS box art rather than playing straight into it.
If this is indeed an open world game, I'd love to see the grappling hook be used in a similar fashion as the glider in Breath of the Wild. If it's not open world, then it would be really awesome if the primary function of the grappling hook was to yank enemies towards you for a melee smackdown :P
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
Broken halo ring, sick.
Classic aesthetic, sick.
Wasp confirmed, sick.
Large landscapes, sick.

No warthog? Eh.
Don't think it's Atriox, zooming on them it shows the their armor is different. It looks like the guy from the Mega Construx sets called Hyperius
I liked the other one better but this is good too. We gettin the wasp!
NoBagNebby wrote:
I liked the other one better but this is good too. We gettin the wasp!
I hope it isn't made out of paper this time xD
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
I missed that as well. I don't think it is Atriox either, but more than likely could be one of his Lieutenants.
Reptar117 wrote:
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
Broken halo ring, sick.
Classic aesthetic, sick.
Wasp confirmed, sick.
Large landscapes, sick.

No warthog? Eh.
Don't think it's Atriox, zooming on them it shows the their armor is different. It looks like the guy from the Mega Construx sets called Hyperius
Yeah, i might be wrong about that... I was looking at the vertical cinemagraph to get a good look, and i assumed the glowing thing on the left side was Atriox's Chainbreaker. Looking again, the armor seems all wrong, to the point i'm thinking it could actually be Promethean... You tell me.

Whatever it is, it's sick that it's in Chief's visor reflection :)
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
Reptar117 wrote:
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
Broken halo ring, sick.
Classic aesthetic, sick.
Wasp confirmed, sick.
Large landscapes, sick.

No warthog? Eh.
Yeah, i might be wrong about that... I was looking at the vertical cinemagraph to get a good look, and i assumed the glowing thing on the left side was Atriox's Chainbreaker. Looking again, the armor seems all wrong, to the point i'm thinking it could actually be Promethean... You tell me.

Whatever it is, it's sick that it's in Chief's visor reflection :)
Whatever it is, all we know is the Chief is about to ruin their day 😅
tsassi wrote:
I definitely didn't look at it like that, but now I can't unsee it. Lol

I do have to say, visually it's stunning.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3