Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo: Infinite campaign theories

OP GhostOfTheEast

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What if they crossed over Halo Wars 2 and halo infinite. The infinite could Emergency slip space and end up in the reach system and get contacted by the spirit of fire and meet up and find a way to defeat Cortana. This could be possible because halo 5 is dated 2558 and halo wars to is 2559. If you agree with this theorie or have any more theories then comment down below
It will take place on Installation 07 which has the graveminds on and a tone of flood. Go check the halo wiki for more information. If you just wanna know why its 07 then its because of the zeta text easter egg in the trailer that was translated as halo 07. So for whatever reason chief and infinity will end up focusing on this halo ring. Probably because the flood are back and hey when the flood are back , who cares about evil cortana right.
una yp wrote:
It will take place on Installation 07 which has the graveminds on and a tone of flood. Go check the halo wiki for more information. If you just wanna know why its 07 then its because of the zeta text easter egg in the trailer that was translated as halo 07. So for whatever reason chief and infinity will end up focusing on this halo ring. Probably because the flood are back and hey when the flood are back , who cares about evil cortana right.
I hope for the return of Sgt jhonson (part of halo wars 2 dlc)its the Biggest man of the saga!
una yp wrote:
Installation 07 had flood on it before the halos fired.If there are any flood on it now its because of the few specimens the forerunners kept for research.
343 has been pretty adamant that this will be a simpler story that focuses on the Chief, and will have the same feel as when you first started CE in the middle of a war you knew little about. Plus, they have said it will be a good starting point for new fans who aren't familiar with the story.

Then again, 343 has had a habit of repeating themes from the original trilogy:
  • CE and H4 both start with you abandoning ship and crash landing on a Forerunner construct
  • H2 and H5 split the campaign between two protagonists whose missions culminated in a cliffhanger ending
So H6 (Infinite) might have some parallels to H3, like returning to the Ark, which is where HW2 takes place... soo maybe there is room for the Spirit of Fire to return? I just find it hard to believe that 343 would try to bring SOF into H6 if they are trying to simplify the story and make a good starting point for new fans.
I believe that it wasn't the UNSC Infinity that fought at zeta halo, I believe it was actually the Spirit of Fire. Things I've noticed:

- Classic BR. Wonder where that came from? Not the Infinity.

- Bulldog and Commando: The Spirit of Fire created a lot of new designed weapons and vehicles, so it makes sense that they could make a new weapon type.

- How did they lose so easily? The spirit of fire is a strong vessel but largely outdated and undermanned. It would make more sense that they lost instead of the Infinity.

- I believe that the "Infinity - Deceased" Tags we see in the Gameplay Demo are referring to the UNSC Infinity being most likely tagged as "lost with all hands" after disappearing after Halo 5.

- The pelican that Echo 216 "Brohammer" flies looks largely like the ones seen in halo wars 2, not Halo 5.

- The community opinion: Many people like the Spirit of Fire more than the Infinity, so it would make sense that the SoF is featured over the Infinity.

What do you guys think?
I believe that it wasn't the UNSC Infinity that fought at zeta halo, I believe it was actually the Spirit of Fire. Things I've noticed:

- Bulldog and Commando: The Spirit of Fire created a lot of new designed weapons and vehicles, so it makes sense that they could make a new weapon type.

- How did they lose so easily? The spirit of fire is a strong vessel but largely outdated and undermanned. It would make more sense that they lost instead of the Infinity.

- I believe that the "Infinity - Deceased" Tags we see in the Gameplay Demo are referring to the UNSC Infinity being most likely tagged as "lost with all hands" after disappearing after Halo 5.

- The pelican that Echo 216 "Brohammer" flies looks largely like the ones seen in halo wars 2, not Halo 5.

- The community opinion: Many people like the Spirit of Fire more than the Infinity, so it would make sense that the SoF is featured over the Infinity.

What do you guys think?
True, that would make plenty of sense with the Pilot. You know, him being sad over not seeing his family.
Another thing I could think is that if the pilot is from the Spirit of Fire, chief would have to explain things such as the swords of sanghelios, Spartans, and other stuff like that so newcomers could understand the lore well enough without being blatant.
una yp wrote:
Is she really evil though? She has a good vision but bad execution
una yp wrote:
A lot of evil can be done with supposedly noble goals.
To be honest I just want a fulfilling story set in Installation 07. That means the Flood MUST be involved somehow. Everything special from the saga comes from the Halo concept itself, the Forerunner-Flood war, and the mistery behind the infestation. The Flood, the Primordial, a rampant Mendicant Bias or even Cortana... I don't care what it is, but since it's Installation 07, I genuinely expect anything on those lines. And on top of that, I really, REALLY wish the Arbiter was somehow involved or even playable. I will even say the Arbiter has deserved his own spin-off since Halo 2. Other than that will feel as a generic sci fi shooter (pretty much as Halo 5 is...).
ngl if we just pretended halo 5 never happened and just continue from halo 4 id be happy lol

What do you guys think?
I love this and it makes a lot of sense. The one thing plot hole that I can think of is where did the ONI tags come from? When Cheif is getting a reading of the defeated UNSC forces some are shown with the ONI Symbol. This idea of the SoF being the main ship of the battle and then retreating does make a lot of sense though and I definitely support it.
What's the deal with Joe being brought in as campaign lead in like September, two months before the intended launch? Did they just want to slap his name into the credits to earn diehard Halo fans' approval? Did he just make some suggested edits? Did they actually rewrite portions of the story, redesign levels, and bring the voice and mocap actors back in?
una yp wrote:
Exactly, good vision, bad execution. Although, putting giant space death owls over habited planets with he threat of "make peace or die" sure is a quick way to get to the point.
una yp wrote:
Exactly, good vision, bad execution. Although, putting giant space death owls over habited planets with he threat of "make peace or die" sure is a quick way to get to the point.
Not to mention randomly having her forces go around murdering people.

Having a noble goal doesn't make her not evil. It's like ending poverty....by killing all the poor people.
una yp wrote:

Having a noble goal doesn't make her not evil. It's like ending poverty....by killing all the poor people.
Is the random murders in books or something?
una yp wrote:

Halo 5. Prometheans go around attacking people for seemingly no reason.

Game and comics both support Cortana having been in control the whole time, so can't blame it on the Warden.
una yp wrote:

Halo 5. Prometheans go around attacking people for seemingly no reason.

Game and comics both support Cortana having been in control the whole time, so can't blame it on the Warden.
Ah, I did not know that. I thought cortana didnt have control till towards the end.
New here so I don't know what theories have been posted but I think AI roland from Infinity will be important. In 5 he started the game objecting the decision to go and find Cortana but at the end he was one of the only loyal AI
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2