Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo: Infinite campaign theories

OP GhostOfTheEast

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
They said Halo infinite would be a simple story for bring new fan. I'm worried the story will turn about get the banished away from the Halo and we won't see Cortana or the flood.
What if they crossed over Halo Wars 2 and halo infinite. The infinite could Emergency slip space and end up in the reach system and get contacted by the spirit of fire and meet up and find a way to defeat Cortana. This could be possible because halo 5 is dated 2558 and halo wars to is 2559. If you agree with this theorie or have any more theories then comment down below
I believe that it wasn't the UNSC Infinity that fought at zeta halo, I believe it was actually the Spirit of Fire. Things I've noticed:

- Classic BR. Wonder where that came from? Not the Infinity.

- Bulldog and Commando: The Spirit of Fire created a lot of new designed weapons and vehicles, so it makes sense that they could make a new weapon type.

- How did they lose so easily? The spirit of fire is a strong vessel but largely outdated and undermanned. It would make more sense that they lost instead of the Infinity.

- I believe that the "Infinity - Deceased" Tags we see in the Gameplay Demo are referring to the UNSC Infinity being most likely tagged as "lost with all hands" after disappearing after Halo 5.

- The pelican that Echo 216 "Brohammer" flies looks largely like the ones seen in halo wars 2, not Halo 5.

- The community opinion: Many people like the Spirit of Fire more than the Infinity, so it would make sense that the SoF is featured over the Infinity.

What do you guys think?
I've got a bit of a different take on this. Considering that the Infinity is not just the UNSC flagship, but is kind of the 343 flagship (they've focused on it really heavily,) I'm pretty confident that this game will feature it prominently. Given all the Infinity UNSC FoF tags that they showed reading KIA and floating around Zeta Halo, I'm pretty confident it was the Infinity that was involved in that battle. As to whether the Infinity has crashed on the ring or fled, I'm not entirely sure.

One thing I could see, however, is the idea of the Spirit of Fire coming to join the fight/turn things around. With the created lurking around, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a bit of a "the old tech can't be messed with" kind of thing, and made the Spirit of Fire out to be less "vulnerable" to the Guardians. Considering that, they could come swooping in at the climax of the game with their guns blazing and rescue the Infinity/Chief. Could be a possibility, but I suppose it almost feels even more likely that we'll be heading to the Ark at some point during the game, where we might run into the Spirit of Fire. Either that, or the entire game is a huge tease and they'll do something like this for another $60 a year from now (booo if true!)
They said Halo infinite would be a simple story for bring new fan. I'm worried the story will turn about get the banished away from the Halo and we won't see Cortana or the flood.
what will happen is any complex things like cortana , flood, mendicant bias, zeta halos moniter ext, all the interesting stuff, will probably be in hidden terminals or right at the end of the game so it dont matter for new fans anyway. but yeh the main focus will be on the Banished and probably whos controlling them and what there up to on zeta halo.
It’s that kind of stuff that worries me. They’ve said a simple story, a spiritual reboot, and yet still a sequel to Halo 5. All that may be true, but I wonder if making a story that tries to appeal to every possible level of fan will backfire. I’m not saying I want an overly complicated story you have to read all the novels to get (which wasn’t really the case in 4/5 either despite popular belief). But for people brand new to the experience you have a character (Cortana) who was friends with and a protagonist alongside Chief from CE-4 before betraying him. I wonder how something like that is going to be simplified for people new the experience to care.
una yp wrote:
what will happen is any complex things like cortana , flood, mendicant bias, zeta halos moniter ext, all the interesting stuff, will probably be in hidden terminals or right at the end of the game so it dont matter for new fans anyway. but yeh the main focus will be on the Banished and probably whos controlling them and what there up to on zeta halo.
Well I wouldn't mind about cortana, mendicant bias and moniter to be only in hidden terminals, if we have something else interesting (I still have hope about who controlling the Banished). If it's only about brute or covenant, I would be very disappointed
Also, I can't imagine to walk on a Halo without fight the floods
una yp wrote:
Well I wouldn't mind about cortana, mendicant bias and moniter to be only in hidden terminals, if we have something else interesting (I still have hope about who controlling the Banished). If it's only about brute or covenant, I would be very disappointed
Also, I can't imagine to walk on a Halo without fight the floods
I’d be incredibly surprised if we didn’t get any Cortana in the game. The Discover Hope trailer has Chief look at an empty AI chip in his hand before inserting it in his armor. This seems to me like a pretty clear and direct reference to her still playing some sort of role in the story.

As for the Spirit of Fire, I hope we don’t get them in the initial campaign. But this is only because I’d much rather we get a campaign DLC down the line where the main focus of the story is how they got off the ark.
una yp wrote:
I’d be incredibly surprised if we didn’t get any Cortana in the game. The Discover Hope trailer has Chief look at an empty AI chip in his hand before inserting it in his armor. This seems to me like a pretty clear and direct reference to her still playing some sort of role in the story.

As for the Spirit of Fire, I hope we don’t get them in the initial campaign. But this is only because I’d much rather we get a campaign DLC down the line where the main focus of the story is how they got off the ark.
I'm worried it could be a new Cortana, not the one we know. I would love to see evil cortana be cure, or a fragment of Cortana who survived at the end of Halo 4.

Halo infinite is suppose to be a ten year game, maybe we will have campaign DLC which could bring new element each time : one with Spirit of Fire, an other with Arbiter, a flood invasion ...
una yp wrote:

I'm worried it could be a new Cortana, not the one we know. I would love to see evil cortana be cure, or a fragment of Cortana who survived at the end of Halo 4.

Halo infinite is suppose to be a ten year game, maybe we will have campaign DLC which could bring new element each time : one with Spirit of Fire, an other with Arbiter, a flood invasion ...
Having different DLC expansions focus on different characters is exactly what I want out of the 10 year cycle. I think it would be amazing if we got smaller DLCs that introduced/explored characters other than Chief. Then every couple years or so we get a full length Chief-centric campaign that can weave those characters into the main narrative in a natural way since we already know them.
una yp wrote:

you're worries are probably going to come true , Chief will probably get a new cortana. Spoilers ahead for Shadows of reach book

Blue team is sent into sword base on reach to recover boxes of biomass for Halsey. She kept clones of her brain that were linked with the forerunner tech she found down there. So shes probably going to use to to create a new base cortana to give to chief. Ofc that cortana wont remember or know anything about chief at all sadly and wont be as advanced as the original being rushed and all. will be quite a sad moment if it happens. I suspect it wont happen until later on in the game though. Chief will probably be with the guy in the trailer who found him. I kinda hope its not that but it probably is. I'm really hoping its fragments of mendicant bias. That way he can redeem his sins of the past, and everything comes full circle.
una yp wrote:

I hope we don't see that, having a fragment fuse with the cryo brains from Reach is better.
I believe it would be interesting if the Swords of Sanghelios reappear. Maybe some cool new characters, such as an abandoned Spartan on Zeta who resents the UNSC or something
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2