Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite cinematics need to be like H2A

OP SalmonSpoon2125

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo 2 anniversary has the best cinematics in my opinion.
I personally prefer Halo cut scenes to be in engine. The prerendered scenes, while visually appealing, cut consistency with the game and take me out of the universe briefly. I'd love to see a halo mini-series or something done by blur though. But that doesn't seem very likely.
I personally prefer Halo cut scenes to be in engine. The prerendered scenes, while visually appealing, cut consistency with the game and take me out of the universe briefly. I'd love to see a halo mini-series or something done by blur though. But that doesn't seem very likely.
We have opposite ideas but I agree about a halo mini-series in the future. Maybe with noble six as main character ;)
I think we may have both types of cut scenes. The 2019 trailer was supposed to be the opening cutscene of halo infinite and that was a beautiful prerendered cutscene. We may see a mix of blue studio work and in game cinematics
I believe there will be both. Ingame ones like God of War 4 and standard ones.

Personally I really digged the ingame cutscene at the start of the gameplay reveal. It followed the characters around without breaking up the scene and finished on the point where the gameplay starts. Extremely well done.
Jshsnipa wrote:
I think we may have both types of cut scenes. The 2019 trailer was supposed to be the opening cutscene of halo infinite and that was a beautiful prerendered cutscene. We may see a mix of blue studio work and in game cinematics
Was it though? Looked in engine to me, maybe upscaled as opposed to what we saw in the demo, but still in engine.

I’d be fine with the Halo 4/5 aproach, a CGI intro and epilogue, and the rest as in game cutscenes.
This all the way. I prefer that consistency and continuity established by ingame cutscenes, especially if they are seamless and smoothly transition from and to gameplay. (but still somehow are distinct so you dont think you can play while in the cutscene.)
Took the words out of my mouth. H2a gameplay vs cutscenes are like having two very separate experiences in one
Jshsnipa wrote:
Was it though? Looked in engine to me, maybe upscaled as opposed to what we saw in the demo, but still in engine.

I’d be fine with the Halo 4/5 aproach, a CGI intro and epilogue, and the rest as in game cutscenes.
it was definitely in engine, not blur
I can see the argument for in-engine cutscenes, but personally I agree, Halo 2A and Halo Wars 2 cutscenes are stunning, it’s almost like watching a movie, and if it was up to me (and ignoring costs) I’d have Blur do all the cutscenes, I think they always do a great job.
Graphics wise they were stunning, but character models looked nothing like they should. They really did a disservice to Miranda Keyes in my opinion.

Just my two cents
While I loved the Halo 2 cinematics since it was my favourite Halo growing up, I do think they should be done in engine because I feel like the flow from cinematic to gameply would transition a lot better as in it wouldn't feel immersion breaking, much like how the Infinite demo cinematic was.
I liked the Blur cutscenes. But i also like the in engine nonsense you could pull off, especially in CE.
It had the best looking cinematics, but they were in my opinion so photo realistic that they detached me from the immersion. I prefer game engine cinematics. God of War is a style I would like to see used in Halo Infinite.
While they were definitely beautiful, I prefer in engine cutscenes. They keep me in the game and the transition from cutscene to gameplay is smooth as the demo showed. CGI cutscenes always ruin my immersion even if they look amazing like H2A.
I totally understand where you're coming from as those cutscenes and halo wars 2's cutscenes were just 👌 but personally, I prefer to have them be in engine so that it's less of a jarring transition. My one problem with H2A, is that sometimes after going from cutscene to game, I think I'm in the classic graphics not kidding. 😂 But yeah, I get where you're coming from and would love for blur to do cutscenes for a halo 3 Anniversary as they can make the cutscenes feel more natural in terms of movement so I don't mind for the anniversary games.

What I would give for a H3A...
eviltedi wrote:
It had the best looking cinematics, but they were in my opinion so photo realistic that they detached me from the immersion. I prefer game engine cinematics. God of War is a style I would like to see used in Halo Infinite.
You're in luck then as that what they're doing for Infinite. 👍
As much as i Love Blurs Work, i prefer in-game cutscenes, they keep you in the Game, while CGI ones throw you Out of it a Bit. And with the right lighting they come very Close to the ones from Guardians, May even better. Just compare the Scene where Chief is looking at the Hologramm of Installation 07 and the Briefing at the beginning of Halo 5.
MerlinG2 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
You're in luck then as that what they're doing for Infinite. 👍
Yes, I had read that somewhere. I really enjoyed the way God of War did the cut scenes, you were always in the moment. I will be very happy if Halo Infinite is made in a similar way. The Discove Hope trailer was almost one take as I recall, more is welcome.
H2A had the best overall graphics of all the games. The best cinematics came from the Halo Wars series.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2