Halo Infinite Co-Op

OP Psychotic Trait

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
After watching the newest Halo Infinite trailer and not getting any gameplay even after being in 5 years of development, it left me bummed out but also curious. Since this will be the opening sequence for the campaign, I’m wondering what the coop characters will be? Will it be clones of Master Chief (By Odin’s Beard I hope not) or will it be reminiscent to Halo 3’s and 5’s? Sure, co-op characters don’t really matter since they’re centering around the Chief again, and it ruined Halo 5’s campaign level design making it specifically made for co-op strategic play. I know that 343i is all about making each mode LORE-based. Hopefully they do it like Halo 3, any of your guys thoughts? And what are your thoughts of them not showing any gameplay?
I don't understand why anybody is surprised that there was no gameplay at E3. 343i has never shown gameplay more than a year from launch. As far as coop characters go, I'm hoping that they give Blue team another chance and not throwing them back into extended universe limbo.
I'm hoping they go with halo 5's method for co-op maybe with the option to turn off the squad for the people who dont like it. It only makes sense for Chief to be with his squad and I thoroughly enjoy blue team and playing as a squad of spartans.
I would prefer having Blue Team members (and maybe Osiris members...?) available as co-op drop-in/drop-out characters, as it was in Halo 3, rather than have them dimly follow you around, and prove less effective than marines.
I would prefer having Blue Team members (and maybe Osiris members...?) available as co-op drop-in/drop-out characters, as it was in Halo 3, rather than have them dimly follow you around, and prove less effective than marines.
This is why I'd like to have the option to turn the squad on/off cuz I'd love to have the squad with me all the time but when its off it could work like the arbiter did in halo 3 only there when the story demanded it when playing solo so the extra characters arent bothersome for the people who would prefer not to have them with you at all times.
I don't understand why anybody is surprised that there was no gameplay at E3. 343i has never shown gameplay more than a year from launch. As far as coop characters go, I'm hoping that they give Blue team another chance and not throwing them back into extended universe limbo.
Then what’s with the optimism about this new Halo title? We have no idea how it plays like, this makes me skeptic. Hopefully, Halo 5’s campaign was utter garbage as I’ve only went 4 missions in back at launch and never touched it again.
The less said about Osiris the better, they’re really bland and uninteresting. I hope that Buck returns though.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
I'm hoping they go with halo 5's method for co-op maybe with the option to turn off the squad for the people who dont like it. It only makes sense for Chief to be with his squad and I thoroughly enjoy blue team and playing as a squad of spartans.
I personally prefer 3’a but I see what you mean, hopefully if they do bring back co-op it isn’t required to have AI partners.
I think it'll be a mix of Master Chief clones similar to how Halo: Combat Evolved worked or a mix of various characters from Blue Team, Fireteam Osiris, and Sangheili.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
I personally prefer 3’a but I see what you mean, hopefully if they do bring back co-op it isn’t required to have AI partners.
I get it and I'm sure there are plenty of others that feel that way, and I think the option to turn off the squad kinda gives you a halo 3/5 hybrid that can satisfy both sides
Then what’s with the optimism about this new Halo title? We have no idea how it plays like, this makes me skeptic. Hopefully, Halo 5’s campaign was utter garbage as I’ve only went 4 missions in back at launch and never touched it again.
The optimism comes with the development of a completely new engine rather than a variant of the same one that's been used since CE. It comes with a character we care more about from a four minute trailer than 95% of the characters in the entirety of Halo 5. It comes from being excited about a new entry in a series you like. And if you don't, then why are you here?
The less said about Osiris the better, they’re really bland and uninteresting. I hope that Buck returns though.
It's my hope that they do return, even not as playable characters, but as characters in the story. They can be expanded on in Halo: Infinity, and retroactively make them better in Halo 5: Guardians. It would be lazy to just throw them away.

At the very least, I hope we get more of Locke. The only bad thing about him is his lack of character (but EVERYONE had that in Halo 5 (execept for Buck, because Nathan Fillion)). His armour and voice actor were great.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
This is why I'd like to have the option to turn the squad on/off cuz I'd love to have the squad with me all the time but when its off it could work like the arbiter did in halo 3 only there when the story demanded it when playing solo so the extra characters arent bothersome for the people who would prefer not to have them with you at all times.
Possibly...It would just be akin to having three other players join you in a pre-Halo 5 game, but they're AI, rather than the game being designed for having three AI at all times. I suppose this would allow for satisfying everyone, because they're able to choose.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Too fiddly, I would say. You would have to adjust every environment in the game for an additional three AI players, or for their absence. Otherwise it becomes easy mode and hard mode, and that's only meant to be based on the Difficulty, and Skulls.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Too fiddly, I would say. You would have to adjust every environment in the game for an additional three AI players, or for their absence. Otherwise it becomes easy mode and hard mode, and that's only meant to be based on the Difficulty, and Skulls.
Not neccessarily, halo 3 had 4 player co-op and played well solo and playing co-op. Also I dont recall anything in halo 5 that wouldn't have played well if the squad wasnt there, considering on the higher difficulties they dont really kill anything without being ordered to which even then it was kinda iffy.
Because nobody know anything about the launch...most people were speculating on release dates before the E3. Plus we're due for the 'flight' program which is a sort of new thing for Halo games, it wouldn't make sense to use the flights so close to launch. At the very least it would have been nice if they explained what the game is...which they generally do regardless of showing game-play.
The optimism comes with the development of a completely new engine rather than a variant of the same one that's been used since CE. It comes with a character we care more about from a four minute trailer than 95% of the characters in the entirety of Halo 5. It comes from being excited about a new entry in a series you like. And if you don't, then why are you here?
Perhaps you took my reply the wrong way. What I’m saying is that I’m definitely excited for this entry because it seems like it’s a return to form but I’m holding that back until I see how the game plays like. Is it wrong for me the consumer to be skeptic and not over optimistic before a purchase to see what the game looks like in its final form? Halo 4 & 5 were already turning me away from Halo, I just Hope this one doesn’t. You can be happy all you want but you should wait and see how they manage to make the gameplay since they are considering this a “spiritual reboot” and a “classic modernized halo experience”
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
I get it and I'm sure there are plenty of others that feel that way, and I think the option to turn off the squad kinda gives you a halo 3/5 hybrid that can satisfy both sides
Hope so, I don’t really want to play with AI characters that could just be used as coop buddies. I was never a fan of it because they end up being a drag rather than a reliance.
Definitely a toss up between multiplayer Spartans , Ntho and Uzhe, etc. We dont need anything that can tie the halo 5 gameplay to this. I think 343 realized this and is banishing the blue team to the shadow realm. And by shadow realm, hopefully that means they make an appearance elsewhere.

We do not need 3 lapdogs following you and changing core mechanics of the game. We need friendly marines to make a difference especially in single player. When there are three undying Spartans around you what do you do?
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Hope so, I don’t really want to play with AI characters that could just be used as coop buddies. I was never a fan of it because they end up being a drag rather than a reliance.
I can understand that, the friendly AI has never really been that useful in the halo games but I do still like their inclusion for a story and immersion standpoint even when it was just the squads of marines or friendly covenant you came across.
Definitely a toss up between multiplayer Spartans , Ntho and Uzhe, etc. We dont need anything that can tie the halo 5 gameplay to this. I think 343 realized this and is banishing the blue team to the shadow realm. And by shadow realm, hopefully that means they make an appearance elsewhere.

We do not need 3 lapdogs following you and changing core mechanics of the game. We need friendly marines to make a difference especially in single player. When there are three undying Spartans around you what do you do?
That’s why I prefer Halo 3’s cooperative gameplay approach to this. It wasn’t necessary but there are different characters that could accompany you if you decided to do so, otherwise Arbiter would stick to the sidelines, appearing briefly in some missions when he necessarily has to, not detracting from the SP experience. That’s what I hope Infinite will have.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4