Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite Collector’s Edition & Exclusives?

OP Dubstep Kittenz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Looking forward to this new journey and very excited to see whats in store for us! What are your thoughts on, if there will be any exclusives or pre order bonuses. P.s my thoughts are we neeed flaming helmets or the haunted pilot helmet! ツ
No more in-game exclusives for pre-ordering, please. Make a Legendary edition with a Master Chief sculpture, sure, but make everything in the game unlockable by playing the game, not by buying the game early or buying other things. That's what I want to see.
I’d like to see the flaming blue recon helmets again. Burn Bright! Burn Blue!
I like the way halo wars 2 did it with the ultimate edition, get it a few days earlier than everyone else, and a seasons pass if infinite were to have any dlc. Not saying infinite needs a bunch of dlc
I dont really like pre-order bonuses at all for example because they seem like for one as baits for people to pay money from a product they know pretty much nothing about, and by that i mean the final product. But I expect there to be something like cosmetics or even in-game boosts as pre-order bonuses since that is how gaming industry is at this moment.

As for the different editions. Much better than pre-order bonuses by concept though id hope that there wouldnt be in-game stuff or if there is it would be available for ecäveryone at later date.
As for other things that it could include could be the usual Halo related statue, maybe some concept arts, other Halo related replicas, maybe some form of story background related or other similar stuff like Halseys notebook with Halo: Reach and so on.

Generally im not a fan of day 1 in-game exclusive stuff given its ready before the launch but was decided to keep out of the regular version to make something else look better in comparison to the regular version for what else than money, its just business. Which is understandable but in my case, not agreeable.

So i expect there to be such things but im not too excited about it to put it lightly.
I want a exclusive that is similar to Reach had, by that I mean having tons of lore stuff to look over that relates to Halo infinite and the story. For the statue I think it should be either just the helmet of Master Chief or our own Master Chief helmet. Similar how TF|2 did it with Cooper's helmet and like how they did it give players the option for a digital or a physical copy that doesn't limit them to one thing. The giant flaw of Halo 5's Collectors was only digital.

Hell for the fun it make have the AI chip from the reveal and we able to put it in and out with voice stuff that activates when doing it with some classic Master Chief quotes. Maybe for lols just have replica of the AR in it which I doubt they could fit in the box. As for what type of lore stuff like a journal or cards I think it should be more Forerunner lore about Zeta Halo.
I think they should look at Bethesda and what they've done for their Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition. I think it would be pretty cool to get a 1:1 scale Mk VI helmet, plus other fun goodies, for a collectors edition.
Need a chief and arbiter statue or model sometime soon, need them alongside together finishing the fight.
why just blue ? give us as much colors that my keyboard can produce... last i checked 16.3 million was the count hehe.
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I like the pre-order bonuses and edition exclusives. I felt awesome being one of few people to rock the orange flames in Halo: Reach. I don't think it's rude to non-day one players, I think it's appreciation for the players that are huge fans and have to have the game day one. As long as the exclusives are aesthetic and not gameplay related I don't see the problem.

Plus if there are day one/edition exclusives they can just release them for everyone a year or two after the game has been out.

And OP, I'd love to have the Haunted helmet back. It was awesome.
I still have a shirt that says this lol.
Chimera30 wrote:
No more in-game exclusives for pre-ordering, please. Make a Legendary edition with a Master Chief sculpture, sure, but make everything in the game unlockable by playing the game, not by buying the game early or buying other things. That's what I want to see.
So are you saying that you don't like items that are only limited time? Me neither
iSethFPS wrote:
why just blue ? give us as much colors that my keyboard can produce... last i checked 16.3 million was the count hehe.
I totally agree with you. What was I thinking with just blue. I guess blue was the coveted flame from Halos past that everyone wanted, and I still want. Ps plus it’s my favorite color. Bring on that 🌈 though great idea. 😎
LH Justin wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I like the pre-order bonuses and edition exclusives. I felt awesome being one of few people to rock the orange flames in Halo: Reach. I don't think it's rude to non-day one players, I think it's appreciation for the players that are huge fans and have to have the game day one. As long as the exclusives are aesthetic and not gameplay related I don't see the problem.

Plus if there are day one/edition exclusives they can just release them for everyone a year or two after the game has been out.

Me too. Too bad I ate too many cookies though and I can’t fit into it anymore😪
Chimera30 wrote:
Nah, if I'm paying a hundred or more on a special edition, I want something in game that reflects that. Give us a exclusive armor or something. we
Red dead redemption 2 collectors edition is about £250, to me, I don't know half the -Yoink- that comes with it.. but, if HALO infinite costs £500 with a statue and a few pieces of paper that I won't read, I doubt I could refuse.
LH Justin wrote:

Me too. Too bad I ate too many cookies though and I can’t fit into it anymore😪
Ah yeah the blue flame was the best. Amor effects in general were great.
Give me a high quality statue of a halo ring with led lights please
That is a great idea!
I have the Legendary edition of some of the games which came with statues or a helmet, but I never thought about having an installation itself.

I would display that next to my Pipboy.
SBTTLS wrote:
That is a great idea!
I have the Legendary edition of some of the games which came with statues or a helmet, but I never thought about having an installation itself.

I would display that next to my Pipboy.
I thought of this like a month ago and was shocked it wasn't actually a thing. Lol
I think H5 did pre-order bonuses perfectly: getting rare reqs, like the hunter set or the energy bayonet AR, at launch, while also having the ability to get them in-game. Pre-orders in H5 were merely shortcuts rather than one-time-offers. I think Infinite should follow the same philosophy.

As for special edition content, I don’t think it should be a bunch of random in-universe files and such. Really, who here likes reading FILES??? If they absolutely must have files, don’t make them the main attraction. Have a book of concept art, or a comic like Halo Wars did, or an in-universe journal like Reach did. They could even take my suggestion from another forum and include the original H5 script, though that probably won’t happen. Just give us something in a more interesting format than FILES. Some in-game content would be great, too.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3