Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite come out on PC and Xbox One early?

OP TanEugene94

If the Halo Infinite official gameplay is well received by Halo fans, what are the possibility of 343 Industries planning to release the new Halo video game early on PC and Xbox One? Maybe it can come out on August 2020 or September 2020?
I doubt 343 would release the game earlier than already announced. Even without a global pandemic threatening the launch of the Xbox Series X and possibly Infinite, I don't see a reason for 343 to release a game earlier than previously announced.
I could see the game launching before Series X is launched tbh, I don't think it'd be months ahead of it however
Can't see it happening.

With the XBSX and PS5 both looking very similar on paper... they are going to drive the exclusives hard.

Microsoft marketing dept will want Halo Infinite well and truly front and centre of the new console.
I doubt they'd do that, I wouldn't myself either.

There's a reason dates and placeholders are used and that's cause games are still being worked on till release, and even then, we're in an era where games are being worked on after launch. Launching earlier just cause the game looks good doesn't mean it's ready to be out to the public.

Why let bugs flip that reception around putting it out early or potentially kill any momentum for the game? If I was a fan of the franchise, I'd blame the fanbase for putting that thought into 343s mind but I'd also blame 343 bring so naive to do such a thing as it's so premature .
Nah they want it to be a super hype launch title with the XBSX.
Exactly, especially when they're competing w the new PlayStation too.
It will be available on PC and the Xbox One family of consoles, but I can't think of a good reason for MS to release it on these platforms ahead of Series X- it'll already be diminishing the "exclusivity factor" by being available on three separate platforms, and if they did release on XBOne and PC first, the Series X release would feel like an afternote.

I say they should take whatever extra time they can get if there are any delays on Series X hardware to get the game polished to an impressive degree for all available platforms. There's always room for improvement when it comes to the spit and shine of any video game, and most games aren't released in a sufficiently finished state. Infinite has a chance to really wow the industry with a presentation of stable, glorious completeness. To pull that off on one exclusive platform is impressive in today's industry, but if they can pull it off on three separate simultaneous platform releases? WOW.
Exactly, especially when they're competing w the new PlayStation too.
I more so see it as like how CoD Ghosts was, it launched a few weeks ahead of the next gen consoles at the time (Xbone and PS4) but was technically a launch title for those consoles. I do see Microsoft holding Infinite to release along with Series X if they think it's needed
Quote:
I more so see it as like how CoD Ghosts was, it launched a few weeks ahead of the next gen consoles at the time (Xbone and PS4) but was technically a launch title for those consoles
I don't see it as such. Halo Infinite is not a common garden variety third party multiplatform title.

And besides Ghosts... Did any other games follow suit.
Darwi wrote:
Quote:
I more so see it as like how CoD Ghosts was, it launched a few weeks ahead of the next gen consoles at the time (Xbone and PS4) but was technically a launch title for those consoles
I don't see it as such. Halo Infinite is not a common garden variety third party multiplatform title.

And besides Ghosts... Did any other games follow suit.
If memory serves me right, I believe Assassian Creed had a game do the same thing on PS4. There were a few others I believe but it has been a long time since it released so I could be wrong.
What the honest answer? Because that would be a frank "no", especially given the state of the world with the current coronavirus situation and how it is effecting literally everything. In the community update they just said that they are currently working on the game from their homes.

Plus they want to launch it with the Series X on release this holiday season. Personally I'm just waiting to see what they show off in a few months if anything.
Definitely not happening. But at least, we will have Infinite’s beta.