Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite confirmed to appear at E3 2019

OP RPG445

With this confirmation my biggest hope is that they show what Halo Infinite will be like as opposed to last years trailer just showing what it could be like.
Of course they are gonna be at E3. Would be beyond a bone-headed move to show up last year and not be there this year. Everyone knew they were gonna be there in a few months.
RPG445 wrote:
With this confirmation my biggest hope is that they show what Halo Infinite will be like as opposed to last years trailer just showing what it could be like.
Hopefully a new trailer and some gameplay
RPG445 wrote:
What are you basing this off of? Bonnies quote about chris being there to talk about the engine?
at this point i just wana know if were going back to something reminicent of classic (no sprint) gameplay or not.
If you watch the interview, Bonnie Ross only said Chris Lee would be at E3 2019 presenting a Demo "to show what Slipspace Engine can do", but no further details. We'll just have to wait and see, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait... :-)
hoping for a lot more info than what we currently have
I hope it has to do with the story or gameplay in general.
If you watch the interview, Bonnie Ross only said Chris Lee would be at E3 2019 presenting a Demo "to show what Slipspace Engine can do", but no further details. We'll just have to wait and see, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait... :-)
Yeah. But I mean, come on...every year Bungie/343i/Halo wasn't supposed to be at E3 we got Halo at E3. It doesn't take a genius to know the current generation of consoles is running in its last legs and Microsoft won't mess up the launch of this Gen again. So with no Sony at E3 (right?) they're bound to show off a next Xbox and I'm betting on Infinite being shown off more than both Microsoft and 343i are willing to say now. After all: Halo is they're 'one more thing' not the one you confirm up front.
I think we will get a soft release date "Fall 2020" with the announcement that Halo Infinite will be a launch title on the next Xbox. Chris will specifically be showing what the engine can do and why 343 chose to make a new engine.

I think trailer and gameplay will be shown, probably just in a campaign trailer. I don't think any multiplayer gameplay will be shown yet. Testing flights have been confirmed and I think they are beginning in Spring 2020 and will last until release.

They may show some multiplayer in an attempt to explain the how the new engine has pushed Halo forward. Not likely, but possible.
RPG445 wrote:
Of corse this is only the Beggining..... :)
Really hoping they show us gameplay. That's pretty much all I'm interested in.
maxammo365 wrote:
Testing flights have been confirmed and I think they are beginning in Spring 2020 and will last until release.

Where did you hear this?
I know they confirmed that testing flights will occur at some point.The way you worded it sounds like you've seen a date for flights?
AshamanND wrote:
maxammo365 wrote:
Testing flights have been confirmed and I think they are beginning in Spring 2020 and will last until release.
Where did you hear this?
I know they confirmed that testing flights will occur at some point.The way you worded it sounds like you've seen a date for flights?
I said I think they will begin in Spring 2020. My personal opinion. The Halo 5 beta was open from Dec 2014 to Jan 2015, which was about 10 months before the release of Halo 5.

If they are doing "testing flights", I believe they will begin at a similar time and have some kind of controlled population, like the MCC insider program. As the year goes along, I would suspect 343 to add more players and different game elements (maps, game types, customization) until they launch a full multiplayer beta before Infinite launches (again, my opinion).

I see how my wording was confusing, but I meant "in my opinion" when I said "I think".
DonVinzone wrote:
Yeah. But I mean, come on...every year Bungie/343i/Halo wasn't supposed to be at E3 we got Halo at E3. It doesn't take a genius to know the current generation of consoles is running in its last legs and Microsoft won't mess up the launch of this Gen again. So with no Sony at E3 (right?) they're bound to show off a next Xbox and I'm betting on Infinite being shown off more than both Microsoft and 343i are willing to say now. After all: Halo is they're 'one more thing' not the one you confirm up front.
Yes, granted, but I was just suggesting a bit of caution, because Bonnie Ross didn't offer any actual details, and we have no idea how far much further forward Infinite is in development since last year. Earlier in the year she also said 343i have some "surprises" planned for 2019 too - one of which could be what's revealed at E3 - so, sure, we might get both a Story Concept Trailer and a Gameplay Demo, but let's wait and see.

Meanwhile, it's easier to see what Sony are doing for Next-Gen, which is probably going to be making the PS4 Pro the new base console after a price cut, then add a new higher-powered PS5. As nice as it might be for Microsoft to follow suit, and make the One X the new base console, it's a bit too expensive to build to get the price down to lowered PS4 Pro levels without taking a significant loss on it. So really, they need to replace the One S with an "S2" around PS4 Pro graphics power but with the advantage of a new faster and more powerful CPU to get more games to hold 60fps, and all at a competitive price. Yet, they say they're planning a whole "Next Gen Family" of consoles, which might suggest an X2 as well, and possibly other devices - it could include a cheap streaming XBox to go with XCloud, or maybe even a an XBox "XCloud Streaming Tablet" competitor for the Nintendo Switch. As you say, since Sony aren't going to be at E3, Microsoft are likely to capitalise on it by pushing at least some Next-Gen Xbox reveal this year, and I'm guessing it'll be the new "S2" which is what most players will probably end up buying.
Surprises at E3? The only surprise I want to hear is that halo 6 is coming out Fall 2019. Nothing else. I can wait for the next Xbox, thank you very much. The Xbox one x I bought cost way too much, so I’m no longer a fan of first day adoption for Microsoft produced consoles.