Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite Customization Ideas

OP NarrowBaker132

It would be cool if 343i would allow us to choose between different Spartan types for example, lets say I want to be a Spartan III or a Spartan II I go ahead and select my "Preferred Spartan Class" and resume customizing his/hers armor.

Another fun idea would be to allow players to come up with their own color pasterns, kind of like in Forza Horizon. Heres a link to see what I mean: https://youtu.be/VTjwwFIkIEI?t=33s

Not only that but a full color spectrum would be nice to have.

Also for Spartan III's give the player a variety of armor attachments to purchase and allow them to place them where ever they want on their Spartans, for example lets say I want to purchase a mag pouch I spend my credits on my mag pouch and I place it in the middle of my chest piece or on my Spartans right hip.

imo what makes Halo so unique from every other Sci-fi shooters out there is the freedom of customization the Devs give to their communities this is one of the reasons Halo is known and that is because of player freedom.

Any other ideas? :DD
I do appreciate the idea you're putting forward basically in that the more customization options there are, the better. However, I don't think from a lore perspective that Spartan II's, III's, and IV's have/would have different armor configurations. It's my understanding that in the early days of the SIII program, they had lower quality armor than the SII's had, but Halo: Reach sees Spartan III's receiving armor on the MkV MJOLNIR powered assault armor platform with full (prototype) energy shielding capabilities.

John obviously wore MkV and MkVI in the original trilogy, which kept him up to date on the most current iteration of MJOLNIR at all times. Then, in Halo 4 and 5, it's apparent that he is still wearing MkVI (I personally never liked their decision not to just leave him in the H3 MkVI and then give him the Halo 4 armor--which should've been called MkVII or MkIII- when he rendezvous with Infinity during that campaign). However, it is an updated MkVI armor that is compatible with the GEN2 MJOLNIR platform.

By the time Infinite rolls around it is widely speculated that the GEN3 platform will be the new standard. Any surviving Spartan II's and III's still in active combat roles are likely going to be issued GEN3 sets. If I were a surviving SII or SIII, I'd certainly rather have the latest and greatest armor available instead of trying to stay alive in rinky-dink, ragged old MkV or MkVI armor (As a player I love both of these platforms, but they're obsolete in-universe at the time Infinite occurs).

I just hope GEN3 continues to shape up the way it is; it looks like it's going to be very reminiscent of the MkVI platform in particular. I'm also all in favor of optional UA/Tactical/Utility permutations including pouches and extra hardware as we got in Reach- that stuff really added a cool new layer to customization in that game.
Yes different Spartan generation selection and Playable Elites will be awesome! Armor customization should be like Reach.
All great ideas but what would the change between spartan II's or III's actually do?
All great ideas but what would the change between spartan II's or III's actually do?
Nothing really its just for cosmetic reasons some people prefer Spartan III armor than Spartan II armor.
I do appreciate the idea you're putting forward basically in that the more customization options there are, the better. However, I don't think from a lore perspective that Spartan II's, III's, and IV's have/would have different armor configurations. It's my understanding that in the early days of the SIII program, they had lower quality armor than the SII's had, but Halo: Reach sees Spartan III's receiving armor on the MkV MJOLNIR powered assault armor platform with full (prototype) energy shielding capabilities.

John obviously wore MkV and MkVI in the original trilogy, which kept him up to date on the most current iteration of MJOLNIR at all times. Then, in Halo 4 and 5, it's apparent that he is still wearing MkVI (I personally never liked their decision not to just leave him in the H3 MkVI and then give him the Halo 4 armor--which should've been called MkVII or MkIII- when he rendezvous with Infinity during that campaign). However, it is an updated MkVI armor that is compatible with the GEN2 MJOLNIR platform.

By the time Infinite rolls around it is widely speculated that the GEN3 platform will be the new standard. Any surviving Spartan II's and III's still in active combat roles are likely going to be issued GEN3 sets. If I were a surviving SII or SIII, I'd certainly rather have the latest and greatest armor available instead of trying to stay alive in rinky-dink, ragged old MkV or MkVI armor (As a player I love both of these platforms, but they're obsolete in-universe at the time Infinite occurs).

I just hope GEN3 continues to shape up the way it is; it looks like it's going to be very reminiscent of the MkVI platform in particular. I'm also all in favor of optional UA/Tactical/Utility permutations including pouches and extra hardware as we got in Reach- that stuff really added a cool new layer to customization in that game.
Yeah I totally agree with you, since 343i made multiplayer canon it wouldn't make any since if there were Spartans running around with outdated platforms but it would be cool from a cosmetic perspective. But if I were a dev and if I wanted to add this feature into the game i'd say "oh some random spartan IIIs defected from the UNSC and joined the insurrectionist and stole Spartan III augmentations formulas and used that to make rebel Spartans and that's why you see Spartan IIIs fighting Spartan IVs. (Rebel Spartans Vs UNSC Spartans) " idk just throwing ideas out there lmao.
Nothing really its just for cosmetic reasons some people prefer Spartan III armor than Spartan II armor.
Ah gotcha so different kinds of armour. Would that mean only Spartan II's could wear Spartan II armour? I'd rather have anyone be able to equip any gen armour.
Ah gotcha so different kinds of armour. Would that mean only Spartan II's could wear Spartan II armour? I'd rather have anyone be able to equip any gen armour.
Yeah because if you have everyone be able to equip any gen armor then it'll end up looking kinda funky since they all have different under suits that complement the looks of the armor. I mean look at Spartan IVs lmao their under suits look BAD imo.
Yeah because if you have everyone be able to equip any gen armor then it'll end up looking kinda funky since they all have different under suits that complement the looks of the armor. I mean look at Spartan IVs lmao their under suits look BAD imo.
Why not also add customizable undersuits then? I just don't want stuff to be locked to something like different gen Spartans, rather be able to use whatever I want.
Why not also add customizable undersuits then? I just don't want stuff to be locked to something like different gen Spartans, rather be able to use whatever I want.
TRUE I agree with that, that would be pretty cool to have. And maybe have different types of undersuits to chose from?
TRUE I agree with that, that would be pretty cool to have. And maybe have different types of undersuits to chose from?
My thoughts exactly. Would be cool to choose from each generation and even add some new patterns in there. Would be also cool to be able to choose which colour we want the undersuit to be.