Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite, Customization

OP Nights Wolfe

Hey, Gamers! Just finished reading 343 industries update on infinite 12/8/2020. SO EXCITED FOR IT!!!

I'm kind of a Medieval fan. I know we have a sword already, but I was kind of thinking...what if, since humans make covenant and forerunner technology, they made...wait for it...a longsword. A double-handed, plasma energy bladed, with a crossguard edged with plasma for protection.

Also since we are going to have armor and weapon coatings I was thinking of a few ideas. A classic leather handle, silver and dark steel, or titanium, pommel and crossguard. Another idea is a rubber or something like it, handle...just something Halo feeling. I'll see if I can come up with something.

BUT the best part would be if you can parry with it. Imagin a spartan charging at you with an energy sword, you "aim" at just the right time, and it parries the energy sword and, if you time ALL of it right, you can cut their sword through the 'grove' or gap between the energy blades. (Maybe add an achievement for it?)

I plan to take a picture and upload that before long.
Please, LIKE to grab 343's attention!

My spartan-VI, M036-Marc, has a CQB helmet, great marksman, and loves close-quarters combat.
Would LOVE it if 343 messaged me for more information and ideas.
Staying in the fight! ~Nights Wolfe
I love the enthusiasm but I doubt they'll add any more melee weapons outside of the Sword, Hammer, and miscellaneous knives
You know what, I like the idea of a human melee weapon. But we already have a sword... and a hammer. I think the UNSC weapon should be something else. Maybe a spear which can be used to poke enemies up close, but when you activate the smart link it becomes throwable.
There have been spartan sword concepts for halo for a long time. Nothing like a broadsword though.. imo a broadsword is a bit over the top
EchoAge98 wrote:
I love the enthusiasm but I doubt they'll add any more melee weapons outside of the Sword, Hammer, and miscellaneous knives
LOL. Yeah. You're probably right. Was just looking for more ideas and there are quite a few sword concept ideas...though I haven't seen any with a cross-guard.
The starting handle could be based on the new rocket launcher. The grip would be like the shoulder padding on the spnkr, it would have grip buttons that use the ring and pinky fingers, cause they can grip really hard and the middle and pointer would be used for better control, along the top of the cross-guard would be a small energy blade on each side, and instead of a blood grove, you would have a gap between the blades, like on the energy sword.

If you look closely at the emitters on the energy sword, that could be used, somehow (I don't really have any art or good drawing to explain everything, so it is very versatile), and it would be epic if, given the low odds of it becoming real, it could use some real sword technics. There are really simple longsword drills/technics you could find.

Just be kind of cool, if 343 likes it enough, to even made a short video would be a dream come true.
In a Sangheili training arena, you have a bunch of Sangheili warriors training, Obviously. A light gray and blue armor spartan wearing a CQB helmet steps into the Sangheili pit to fight. Only the Spartan has an Arming sword handle...without a blade. He steps in, looks around at the Elites, and then the Energy blade and cross-guard activate. The Sangheili present are in an uproar. The Spartan, currently demon in their eyes, is insulting their honor and ancestral customs, by not wielding an energy sword in their arena, not knowing he had sought and was granted permission by the Arbiter, though warned most Sangheili would be angered. The Arbiter then enters and observes from the shadows. A Sangheili challenges him, drawing his own blade and stepping forward. After circling each other two, three times the Sangheili charges. Using a high overhead slash in his anger. The energy blades clash, the Elite's blade sliding down the Spartan's. However, the cross-guard stops the blade from cutting the spartan in half. Then using a kick to the midriff while the blades are connected, the spartan shoves the Elite away. The Elite stumbles but being raised to fight he recovers his balance with catlike, sorry, SANGHEILI-like speed. Being more concise this time he sets his stance, then delivers two quick cuts at his opponent, which are parried. After another brief clash of blades, the spartan takes a step back, the Elite tries a long thrust at the spartan. However, the spartan blade lands on top of his, and then, by twisting the blade and using cross-guard to prevent his fingers from being cut off, the spartan counter cut than thrust at his opponent. The Spartans blade then stops meer centimeters from the Sangheili's throat. The crowd has fallen silent. The Spartan then steps back, his blade at the ready in case the Elite still plans to attack. After the Elite's blade turns off, the Elite on one knee shaking his head with disbelief. The Spartan announces, in Sangheili, he meant no disrespect. He was inspired by the blade. In the past humans have worn armor and wielded blades. He has been sent by the UNSC to help settle differences between their groups. By making his own blade he meant to show that they have fewer differences and intends, given permission and approval, to fight in a yearly festival, with matches of combat "of course" between the Noble Sangheili and UNSC. The Arbiter announces that he must talk with all the keeps and consider this. After that, a few Sangheili surround the spartan at the side of the arena to watch as he shows images, proof, that his weapon is not some mere human trickery to fight Elites in Close combat, and that He has honor enough to fight any who challenge him. The Sangheili who lost against him declares that should there be a tournament between their races he will personly learn how to defeat the demon in combat, and teach other Sangheili how to predict this "Accursed blade" the spartan weilds.

End of Story
So I kind of came of with most of it, kind of on the spot. Super unlikely that this will ever happen...but if it does, let me know!

So I'm not that good of an artist. Not sure how to get the pictures on. (Not even sure if I can...)

In eager anticipation of Halo Infinite! ~Nights Wolfe
You know what, I like the idea of a human melee weapon. But we already have a sword... and a hammer. I think the UNSC weapon should be something else. Maybe a spear which can be used to poke enemies up close, but when you activate the smart link it becomes throwable.
it's called a "shotgun" it's a far more mechanical type of weapon, only fitting of the mechanical and industrial society the UNSC protects.
it's called a "shotgun" it's a far more mechanical type of weapon, only fitting of the mechanical and industrial society the UNSC protects.
100% agree. Shotgun is the UNSC "melee" weapon. I always say "Energy Sword gets beat by Gravity Hammer, Gravity Hammer gets beat by the Shotgun." Now they made it the "bulldog" for some odd reason. Such a wack decision bro. Based on the gameplay, you probably have to pull the trigger twice to get a spartan kill, regardless of how close you are to the spartan.
100% agree. Shotgun is the UNSC "melee" weapon. I always say "Energy Sword gets beat by Gravity Hammer, Gravity Hammer gets beat by the Shotgun." Now they made it the "bulldog" for some odd reason. Such a wack decision bro. Based on the gameplay, you probably have to pull the trigger twice to get a spartan kill, regardless of how close you are to the spartan.
and it reduces the skill since you are no longer penalized for reloading, the bulldog will ruin infection
Hey, Guys. I really appreciate the comments!

It is more of a lore/movie weapon than game weapon.
But as this is Halo, and there is LOTS of space, it would be cool to see a human sword as well.

But there are still new armor, weapon, etc. coatings we could come up with...and possibly get!
~Nights Wolfe
and it reduces the skill since you are no longer penalized for reloading, the bulldog will ruin infection
But if the bulldog is OP than why not just make H2 swords
I love shotguns but...I don't think "skill" and "shotgun" belong in the same sentence. It's always been a point-and-pull close range weapon. We'll have to see how the sword handles before we can judge how infection will go, too.
Hey, Gamers! Just finished reading 343 industries update on infinite 12/8/2020. SO EXCITED FOR IT!!!

I'm kind of a Medieval fan. I know we have a sword already, but I was kind of thinking...what if, since humans make covenant and forerunner technology, they made...wait for it...a longsword. A double-handed, plasma energy bladed, with a crossguard edged with plasma for protection.

Also since we are going to have armor and weapon coatings I was thinking of a few ideas. A classic leather handle, silver and dark steel, or titanium, pommel and crossguard. Another idea is a rubber or something like it, handle...just something Halo feeling. I'll see if I can come up with something.

BUT the best part would be if you can parry with it. Imagin a spartan charging at you with an energy sword, you "aim" at just the right time, and it parries the energy sword and, if you time ALL of it right, you can cut their sword through the 'grove' or gap between the energy blades. (Maybe add an achievement for it?)

I plan to take a picture and upload that before long.
Please, LIKE to grab 343's attention!

My spartan-VI, M036-Marc, has a CQB helmet, great marksman, and loves close-quarters combat.
Would LOVE it if 343 messaged me for more information and ideas.
Staying in the fight! ~Nights Wolfe
I love the idea of a parry mechanic for a melee weapon in Halo. Although I guess the plasma sword (energy sword? Which is the official name for it? lol) already has a half parry built in where if two people strike each other at the same time, they just sorta bounce off each other and take like half damage. a purely defensive move on the energy sword to counter other energy sword strikes would be cool but may also be a bit frustrating. I like the idea though,
I love shotguns but...I don't think "skill" and "shotgun" belong in the same sentence. It's always been a point-and-pull close range weapon. We'll have to see how the sword handles before we can judge how infection will go, too.
Shotgun skill applies to infection as timing reloads and proper range consideration determine how long you will survive. Every weapon requires skill, no matter how small
Who said OP? it's just a bad weapon design
different types or variations of knives would be very nice
Why because anything new is scary?
When it replaces something for no reason, yes
Especially when it replaces a weapon as useful and iconic as the Shotgun for a design that looks ripped from Modern Warfare
When it replaces something for no reason, yes
Especially when it replaces a weapon as useful and iconic as the Shotgun for a design that looks ripped from Modern Warfare
how about we wait for the flights to test the bulldog before we -yoink- on its combat performance