Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

halo infinite dlc or epilogue idea

OP Marine Raptor

i been thing about this idea for while for halo infinite but what about flashback or epilogue mini story? i haven't read the halo books but it one of the books explanes the events between halo 1 and 2. from what i heard when chef leave ring at the end of halo game in the book he hijack covenant ship so game play would be like replying truth and reconciliation but more clearing ship and taking it over and i think in book you meet up with Johnson. then i think you head back to reach and get Cathay so you fight some covenant and maybe brutes and revisit reach and i think you get back on covenant ship and head home witch would flashback to halo infinite timeline. or maybe dlc for halo infinite.
I quite like the idea of fleshing out the Halo universe through an expanded single player DLC. But I wouldn’t base it on a novel (although that would be pretty cool).

I hope some agree with me, but after the mess of canon that is The Fall of Reach novel, The Fall of Reach Animated Series and Halo Reach the game, multiple interpretations of the same story quickly can become confusing, conflicting and ultimately ruin the story. I’d rather the novels stay as they are and not be further explored in game because its only going to make a debate on what is legitimate story and what is retconned.

I would rather DLC tell new and unexplored stories, maybe relating more directly to characters and events of the game. Flashbacks on their personal history during the Human / Covenant War perhaps?
I quite like the idea of fleshing out the Halo universe through an expanded single player DLC. But I wouldn’t base it on a novel (although that would be pretty cool).

I hope some agree with me, but after the mess of canon that is The Fall of Reach novel, The Fall of Reach Animated Series and Halo Reach the game, multiple interpretations of the same story quickly can become confusing, conflicting and ultimately ruin the story. I’d rather the novels stay as they are and not be further explored in game because its only going to make a debate on what is legitimate story and what is retconned.

I would rather DLC tell new and unexplored stories, maybe relating more directly to characters and events of the game. Flashbacks on their personal history during the Human / Covenant War perhaps?
I agree. I think additional story content is great, but I don't think they need to retread old stories again.

After seeing the canon mess that was caused, it would be better to make a new story that didn't break the canon for the sake of making something new. I think a new story akin to Halo 3: ODST's release after Halo 3 would be a great example of this.

In The Fall of Reach's defense, the book did come first. It was at a time when it was the ONLY Expanded Universe material. Really, its everything that came after's fault that the canon got screwed up.

In The Fall of Reach's defense, the book did come first. It was at a time when it was the ONLY Expanded Universe material. Really, its everything that came after's fault that the canon got screwed up.
That’s my point. The ideas and story of the book should not be messed with afterwards.
Strictly speaking for story DLC. We have seen what? Awakwning the Nightmere and.....??? It fixed none of the story issues in the base game, like the cliff hanger and splintered military force. It introduced essentially a white flag saying “flood exists” whilst showing that there wasn’t really any point of the flood showing to the over arching story, no main story settings changed, no main characters died, and no real threats introduced into the grand picture. (The flood at the end of the DLC became what it started as; a potential disaster.)

Can story DLC work? Absolutely. Though so far we have only seen the positives of new gameplay (the puzzle missions), updated lore, and good looking cutscenes. Whilst potentially retaining the negatives as listed prior. Were they in the future to make story DLC in halo infinite (assuming that they make the same trends) that fixed issues in the original story whilst retaining the positives I’ve listed then I’ll be completely open to pay 20-40$.

If it’s cut content then I’ll be upset lol.
More human/Covenant gameplay is always good. I would pay for DLC that reimagines Combat Evolved. Covenant boarding the Pillar of Autumn? Let's have a battle in the hangar bay. Locating the Silent Cartographer? Beach battles can always be intensified. I would love to go on... Or let me Forge my own campaign missions.