Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite emblems are bad.

OP Esquival

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I love Infinite but the lack of customization for the emblems has me really upset. I have loved the emblem customization ever since I played Halo 2 and Halo Reach took what 3 and 2 did and really allowed for some great emblems and creativity. I’m sure you all remember the weird faces people would make like the “Baby Chick” or chicken being one of my favorites but there also was the “Spooky Ghost” as well and plenty more. I loved that about halo because you really get to make your spartan well… You! And that is so awesome and I hate that Infinite is leaving that behind. I don’t want a game of smoke and mirrors with a cool new take if it loses its identity in the process and makes halo less of what made it good in the first place.

Let me know your thoughts down below everyone, maybe we can even get 343i to change it so we can make our own emblems again before it’s too late at least change the colors of them like Halo 5 would be better and H5’s emblem customization was terrible but yet 343i some how made it worse sadly.
Wait what their going to remove the feature to customize our emblems? That's way to far now, I was fine with new spartan color system but them removing custom emblems is just unneeded really, I wonder why they chose to remove such a beloved feature there must be a reason behind it I hope it's a good reason.
Wait what their going to remove the feature to customize our emblems? That's way to far now, I was fine with new spartan color system but them removing custom emblems is just unneeded really, I wonder why they chose to remove such a beloved feature there must be a reason behind it I hope it's a good reason.
Custom emblems were removed in halo 5 unfortunately.

I was hoping they would undo that mistake in Infinite, but clearly not. They also repeated their mistake of making emblem's uncolorable., Which they caught flack for doing in halo 5 and quickly gave us the ability to color them. Now it's just preset color schemes.
Wait is this confirmed? If so, that’s awful. I would hope they would reconsider because there is no reason to go backwards since they have been touting the customization in this game.
ir8Pandas wrote:
Wait is this confirmed? If so, that’s awful. I would hope they would reconsider because there is no reason to go backwards since they have been touting the customization in this game.
This has been confirmed for awhile and has been the norm since H5.

too be honest, emblem customization was always kind of butts. Will I miss it? Sure, I missed it in 5. But its an easy thing for them to monitize and emblems are so unimportant to the over all spartan customization (to me anyway, want to stress that) that I dont really care.
I have run the Valkyrie emblem with a very specific color scheme since Halo 2. I do not want to change it.

I am unhappy with this.
Love the customization of emblems but I am alright with them removing the customization of emblems as long as what they replace it with is pretty cool.
Honestly y did they do this? They go on about how multiplayer is gonna focus on your spartan and how it represents you then pull this? it makes no sense.
kanku13 wrote:
Custom emblems were removed in halo 5 unfortunately.

I was hoping they would undo that mistake in Infinite, but clearly not. They also repeated their mistake of making emblem's uncolorable., Which they caught flack for doing in halo 5 and quickly gave us the ability to color them. Now it's just preset color schemes.
Yeah sadly it’s all preset emblems that are based around brand deals with other companies like RockStar Energy, Pringles, Minecraft, etc. it’s all just so sad to see especially for a game I grew up with such as Halo.
that's genuinely annoying. a BP system should mean expanded customization options, not making them more restrictive. CoD's emblem creator has always been massively better than halo's, now emblem customization in halo doesn't even exist.
Maxx Foxxx wrote:
Love the customization of emblems but I am alright with them removing the customization of emblems as long as what they replace it with is pretty cool.
The stuff they replaced custom emblems with is not cool at all. In fact you can look them all up on YouTube or Google and look them over for yourself. They’re all just so un-halo like and very cartoony which counteracts the more Reach style armor they are going for in Infinite. It’s almost like they forgot about it until they announced the flight and went “Oh dang, I guess pull some random PNG images off google and call them emblems” which honestly makes sense since we couldn’t edit our emblems in game during either flight.
I totally agree with you, I think a good compromise would be they have these uncustomizable "special" emblems for HCS teams or other sorts of things, but we should still be able to create and customize or own emblems for sure, this is something that has essentially been in the game forever and removing it now would be a very egregious move by 343. This game is being advertised as having best customization since reach, but that already seems that is not the case if there is no custom emblems, or actually customizable individual colors for your Spartans as opposed to generic preset armor coatings.
We need to push for emblem colors to be customizable... again. The way they are now is exactly how they started in Halo 5. Let's hope they fix it.
I too have had the same emblem for many games now. I can’t imagine it would be that hard to implement. I mean they were designed by Bungie forever ago and would only need to be worked in.
ir8Pandas wrote:
I too have had the same emblem for many games now. I can’t imagine it would be that hard to implement. I mean they were designed by Bungie forever ago and would only need to be worked in.
I’m the same way, it won’t feel like Halo if I can’t make my spartan well… ME if that makes sense. Ever since Halo 2 the first thing I would always do is create my emblem and then move on to making my spartan. It’s one thing to have no armor colors and replace them with shaders….. but no emblem customization? That’s pushing it a lot.
From what it looks customization for emblems will act like it does in Destiny only in Infinite it will be a far less fun way of earning them.
FTC Anvil wrote:
We need to push for emblem colors to be customizable... again. The way they are now is exactly how they started in Halo 5. Let's hope they fix it.
I hope so to, everyone needs to start tweeting at 343i to change the emblem customization for the better and they need to do it before the game comes out.
that's actually really frustrating. a BP system should mean expanded customization options, not making them more restrictive. CoD's emblem creator has always been massively better than halo's, now emblem customization in halo doesn't even exist.
I agree 100% with what you said
Honestly y did they do this? They go on about how multiplayer is gonna focus on your spartan and how it represents you then pull this? it makes no sense.
Exactly, 343i was so close to making a good Halo game but now I’m supposed to have fun on a Halo game for 10 years without any real way to switch up how I look and change my emblem colors and armor colors. Infinite is sounding more and more like a disappointment the more we find out about the game. I just want to have that same happiness I had as a kid playing Halo for the first time but with a refurbished style. NOT by taking away some of the things that made it so special to begin with.
ir8Pandas wrote:
This has been confirmed for awhile and has been the norm since H5.

too be honest, emblem customization was always kind of butts. Will I miss it? Sure, I missed it in 5. But its an easy thing for them to monitize and emblems are so unimportant to the over all spartan customization (to me anyway, want to stress that) that I dont really care.
Halo 4’s emblem customization was a watered down version of Reach’s and I was ok with it for the most part. When 5 was released I was so frustrated because all the emblems I wanted to use were not only locked behind a dumb loot box but chances are I would never get what I want. The colors in H5 weren’t so bad but not being able to make my own emblems like on H3 and Reach was such a huge let down. I care a lot for customization especially on Halo myself. Them taking away every part of that besides being able to change what armor you have on is depressing to think about. Especially when we will be stuck with a bland spartan for the next 10 years of Halo Infinite.
I'd rather just not have them at this point of this is what we get. I don't want to have a emblem that I didn't have a say in on my Spartan, I'd genuinely not want anything on me then a premade emblem.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2