Halo Infinite emblems are bad.

OP Esquival

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Esquival wrote:
FTC Anvil wrote:
We need to push for emblem colors to be customizable... again. The way they are now is exactly how they started in Halo 5. Let's hope they fix it.
I hope so to, everyone needs to start tweeting at 343i to change the emblem customization for the better and they need to do it before the game comes out.
it won't happen until post launch at this point, but we still need it done asap
Esquival wrote:
I love Infinite but the lack of customization for the emblems has me really upset. I have loved the emblem customization ever since I played Halo 2 and Halo Reach took what 3 and 2 did and really allowed for some great emblems and creativity. I’m sure you all remember the weird faces people would make like the “Baby Chick” or chicken being one of my favorites but there also was the “Spooky Ghost” as well and plenty more. I loved that about halo because you really get to make your spartan well… You! And that is so awesome and I hate that Infinite is leaving that behind. I don’t want a game of smoke and mirrors with a cool new take if it loses its identity in the process and makes halo less of what made it good in the first place.

Let me know your thoughts down below everyone, maybe we can even get 343i to change it so we can make our own emblems again before it’s too late at least change the colors of them like Halo 5 would be better and H5’s emblem customization was terrible but yet 343i some how made it worse sadly.
Emblems sucked In halo 5 and they'll remain sucking until we can actually create our own personal one...same with the spartan company emblem...they just feel pointless to have now. I think I'm even using my halo 4 emblem here on waypoint....a game very far from my favorite halo lol but iirc I think I at least somehow modified how it looked or something. Its been so long but I think back then we also could make them how we wanted them. Not the coolest but its just awesome to make our own of have some modifications to whatever is there beyond just colors.
KCD0DGER wrote:
I have run the Valkyrie emblem with a very specific color scheme since Halo 2. I do not want to change it.

I am unhappy with this.
This, I’ve been running the Spartan Swords emblem since 2004 with my Colour Scheme, happy to see it in Infinite but disappointed it’s a forced colour
I kinda figured they were preset since like, Flighting and all that. I wasn't able to get into the mobile app flight so never was able to assign myself one to begin with though.

I can barely remember what customization was like in the older Halos, but it worked well enough for me in 5. Pick emblem I like, pick its colors, done and done. Sure the layering part (Choose BG, choose FG) isn't there but... I can understand the disappointment though
I've been hoping that the Flights were just intentionally limited in respect to Emblems, but if they've Halo 5'd them again...

Come on. Why would you do that? Help me understand, because from here, it's just idiotic and out of touch.
KCD0DGER wrote:
I have run the Valkyrie emblem with a very specific color scheme since Halo 2. I do not want to change it.

I am unhappy with this.
This, I’ve been running the Spartan Swords emblem since 2004 with my Colour Scheme, happy to see it in Infinite but disappointed it’s a forced colour
My emblem isn’t even there and it wasn’t on Halo 5 either. I usually use the raised fist as my emblem.
Sylxeria wrote:
I kinda figured they were preset since like, Flighting and all that. I wasn't able to get into the mobile app flight so never was able to assign myself one to begin with though.

I can barely remember what customization was like in the older Halos, but it worked well enough for me in 5. Pick emblem I like, pick its colors, done and done. Sure the layering part (Choose BG, choose FG) isn't there but... I can understand the disappointment though
Halo 5’s wasn’t too bad it was just a lot less and kind of depressing to see it implemented but it did it’s job and let you feel individualistic.
Traize wrote:
I've been hoping that the Flights were just intentionally limited in respect to Emblems, but if they've Halo 5'd them again...

Come on. Why would you do that? Help me understand, because from here, it's just idiotic and out of touch.
They already confirmed it’s going to be preset emblems and they already released what they will look like. It’s all just dumb brand deals. Like why would I want a “Ziplock” logo on my spartan especially when I can’t change the colors of it. I’m a spartan on halo not trying to pack my lunch with a Ziplock bagged sandwich. I want to fight aliens and other spartans in style!
Esquival wrote:
Traize wrote:

They already confirmed it’s going to be preset emblems and they already released what they will look like. It’s all just dumb brand deals. Like why would I want a “Ziplock” logo on my spartan especially when I can’t change the colors of it. I’m a spartan on halo not trying to pack my lunch with a Ziplock bagged sandwich. I want to fight aliens and other spartans in style!
It honestly really is a bummer to feel like 343i for once during its time with making Halo games without Bungie was in touch with the player base and then…. They just go out and do this.
Honestly y did they do this? They go on about how multiplayer is gonna focus on your spartan and how it represents you then pull this? it makes no sense.
Honestly I just believe they just aren’t as in touch with their player base as they like to seem to be. I don’t want to look like a walking advertisement on halo I want to look how I want to look 343!
Esquival wrote:
I love Infinite but the lack of customization for the emblems has me really upset. I have loved the emblem customization ever since I played Halo 2 and Halo Reach took what 3 and 2 did and really allowed for some great emblems and creativity. I’m sure you all remember the weird faces people would make like the “Baby Chick” or chicken being one of my favorites but there also was the “Spooky Ghost” as well and plenty more. I loved that about halo because you really get to make your spartan well… You! And that is so awesome and I hate that Infinite is leaving that behind. I don’t want a game of smoke and mirrors with a cool new take if it loses its identity in the process and makes halo less of what made it good in the first place.

Let me know your thoughts down below everyone, maybe we can even get 343i to change it so we can make our own emblems again before it’s too late at least change the colors of them like Halo 5 would be better and H5’s emblem customization was terrible but yet 343i some how made it worse sadly.
I agree. I think Halo MCC has the best Emblem/Banner customization to date, I hope Infinite starts leaning towards that type of system
You'd think 343 would understand, especially after Halo 5's emblems. It got to the point where they had to apologize and add in color customization later on. This is barely a step in the right direction. They could've easily given us the Bungie-era emblems and have the wackier ones (if what the dataminers found was legit) be monetized.
They have like 7 different colored unicorn emblems which is funny cuz they could have just added in a color customizer and come up with the same results. It's very dumb. Plus the sex flags taking up space is not great. Those flags should be a paid item so 343(and all other companies) can see who actually cares with their money.
Eh, considering we're gonna be plastering them on our guns I think I'd rather have a selection of nice looking emblems instead of picking up guns plastered in vague looking -Yoink- shaped emblems. I can see it being a shame for people who were really into that, but honeslty emblem customisation before has just been me picking something when I first boot up the game and leaving it for the next 3-5 years, I'm totally fine with them changing it up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2