Halo Infinite FAQ

OP Illusive Blue

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
I went to the Halo subreddit and stumbled upon this pinned thread that should answer or ask more questions regarding about Halo Infinite.

DISCLAIMER: All credit goes to the moderators & members over there at r/halo for constructing & editing this FAQ thread.

What is Halo Infinite?
Halo Infinite is the next mainline Halo game.

Is it Halo 6?
Yes.

But then why isn't it-
Hold up. Before Halo 5: Guardians even launched, 343 Industries indicated they wanted to move away from numbered titles. Halo 5's subtitle could even be seen as the first step towards that.

What's it about?
There's no plot details available yet, other than that it will focus on the Master Chief's storyline. Some very clever folks here on Reddit figured out that the radio in the trailer has "SOS Zeta Halo" in Morse code. So it will at least partially take place there, on Installation 07.

There are known deer-like creatures on that ring, so that makes it more likely the same.

Is this the final game in the "Reclaimer Trilogy"?
Nope! In fact, it hasn't been a trilogy for years now. Back when Halo 4 was revealed, 343 Industries stated that it was the first of three games in the "Reclaimer Trilogy". Since then, they've stated that this is no longer the case and instead, it's the "Reclaimer Saga".

So we're going back to the classic art style? That's the Halo 2/3 armor.
Not quite. There are some slight differences between the armor and the standard Mark VI featured in the latter two games of the original trilogy. But it certainly looks like a return to the "classic" art style, or something similar to it. There also appears to be black undersuits, which has been heavily hinted at by community managers already. It's been confirmed that the new art style in Infinite is based on the work of Sparth. Look him up.

Do you want to see my slight edit to that one shot of Chief's helmet?
We're sure it looks great, but there have been a few dozen posts like that already. Please don't.

Is it open world?
We have no confirmation either way. Frankie once described Halo 6 is "capacious," which does mean "open." But that could just mean big levels.

Is Multiplayer and Singleplayer going to be split, or lack multiplayer at launch?
No. There will not be a lack of multiplayer at the launch of Halo Infinite.

I think it's open world. Here's my theory.
That's nice. Please don't make another thread about it. Again, already a few dozen.

When does it launch?
We don't know. Pretty much definitely not 2018. Comments by 343 point toward it being early in development. Let's not rush this.

I heard this rumor that-
Please no. Don't trust anything until it's confirmed.

LAN?
Yup!

Split-Screen?
Yessir! Though we don't have confirmation that it's 2 or 4 players per screen.

What platforms?
It'll be on Xbox One and the X, as well as Windows 10 via Xbox Play Anywhere. This means any digital purchase of the game lets you play on both Xbox and Win10. No details on control schemes and limitations between K+M and controller have been revealed.

Will the PC version have-
No idea. We have no details for the PC version other than that it exists.

Will it be on Steam/Origin/U-Play/Nintendo Virtual Console/Nokia N-Gage?
No. Come on. You know that's not happening. Microsoft has an existing storefront. The likelihood that this would be on Steam is about the same as World of Warcraft finding its way there.

Will it be on the Game Pass?
Halo was specifically mentioned as one of the franchises expected to launch to Game Pass upon release.

Will there be a beta?
Yes. The announcement on Halo Waypoint indicates they'll be doing testing flights, much like those happening with the revised Master Chief Collection. No further details are available on these, but it's probably safe to assume that the more you play their current games, the more likely you are to get into the Halo Infinite flighting program early on.

What's the Slipspace engine?
It's the new Halo game engine. It looks like 343 has been building it since Halo 5 launched. Slipspace is the Halo universe equivalent to hyperspace/warp speed/subspace, so this is a fitting reference.

This isn't what I want.
Maybe not, but also maybe it is. We have barely any information on this game. Give it a minute and see!
I was skeptical at first on this FAQ, since lots of threads are rather opinionated. Needless to say, good job OP.
good job OP
I’ll take this with a grain of salt but good news nonetheless
Ahhhhh sique
Their reading my mind! Stop it!
I get that they were already planning no numbers...But why though?
We will wait for their answer and release date but it will probably be in 2019
From the look of the spartan in the trailer, I think we will get to play as a red team member. Got got Master Chief and Blue Team in Halo 5. The helmet looks like Red Team.
Doctor Who popping up on a Halo forum. My kind of people.
From the look of the spartan in the trailer, I think we will get to play as a red team member. Got got Master Chief and Blue Team in Halo 5. The helmet looks like Red Team.
already confirmed to focus on chief
What platforms?

It'll be on Xbox One and the X, as well as Windows 10 via Xbox Play Anywhere. This means any digital purchase of the game lets you play on both Xbox and Win10. No details on control schemes and limitations between K+M and controller have been revealed.
While it'll likely be released to the Xbox One there are rumors that if the game doesn't receive a release date until 2020, or perhaps 2021, that it could potentially end up as a release title for the "next" generation Xbox console.

Anyways, just throwing this out there as I didn't see anything concretely confirming it for the Xbox One console. But perhaps news broke that I didn't see.
eLantern wrote:
What platforms?

While it'll likely be released to the Xbox One there are rumors that if the game doesn't receive a release date until 2020, or perhaps 2021, that I could potentially end up as a release title for the "next" generation Xbox console.

Anyways, just throwing this out there as I didn't see anything concretely confirming it for the Xbox One console. But perhaps news broke that I didn't see.
Yeah it was confirmed on the post that 343I released right after the trailer debuted on E3. Here’s the part where it says it will be in Xbox One.
“Halo Infinite will feature Sparth’s (Art Director, Nicolas Bouvier) new art style that draws significant inspiration from the most iconic and historic parts of the Halo franchise and your feedback, all while modernizing and taking advantage of the full power of the Xbox One family. The new Master Chief helmet directly showcases our new art style.”
We believe on open world. In 343 we trust
deldour wrote:
We believe on open world. In 343 we trust
deldour wrote:
Prob so it won't scare off new players. If they see a "6" next to the name then they may think they will need to play the five other games (which wouldn't be a bad idea to follow the campaign). With "Infinite" it kinda makes it more appealing and less intimidating. I'm guessing 99% of people reading this have already played through all the games multiple times but there are still a lot of people who haven't. Plus it's coming to Game Pass so it will be immediately available to a lot of new players. Also, with a different title they can now explore new ideas and themes in the game that weren't addressed in previous games. This opens the door to do something different.
hmm I wonder if classic gameplay is back to a degree since the artstyle is making a comeback
I hope the infection game mode gets a massive overhaul
I also have an idea for 343, I am a huge fan of the swat game mode and I have some input to make it great, I like BR swat and DMR swat but sometimes its off for me, so I'd like to see an option where you could switch to just swat magnums or halo CE magnum swat e.t.c
Split screen!!!! All I really needed to see from the FAQ <3
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5