Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite feel like a turning back

OP S tiger 117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So I want to thank the developers for their hard work in making this Halo Infinite and his wonderful graphic. Unfortunately, I’m concern about the movement abilities in this game.

Halo Infinite feels like an old game: sprint is slower, radar is less efficient, climb wall and slide are the only Halo 5 mobility’s left.
The grapple will be the only novelty, when you got the chance to have it, so that won’t change so many things in multiplayer.

I love Halo and I play since the first game, and I was very impress by the new movement abilities bring in Halo 5. I heard players who consider advanced mobility not like a part of Halo and I’m absolutely not agree. I have the feeling this persons are the loudest voices, but they’re not the majority. Even if Halo 5 suffer to other problem like the campaign or a multiplayer less attractive, a lot of players like the advanced motilities, old like young players, good like bad players.

- I’m agree that some Halo 5 abilities were too much, like Spartan charge and Ground pound. However, stabilizer jump when aiming in the air was very cool. Staying two second in the air don’t change the gameplay, it’s a real joke to don’t have it back.
- The Thruster pack dodge were very cool, it really deserve to reappear as an equipment (I heard rumors about that). As long as it’s an equipment, that’s not supposed to be a problem, let’s people have choice
- The sprint is ridiculously slow and I can’t imagine it will stay like this.
- And now the radar, the most iconic tool from Halo, present since the beginning, is now less efficient. That's a blasphemy !

Dual weapon, playable elite, pick up item, the weird weapon from Halo reach, now advanced motilities and the radar, everything change from a game to another, Halo can never stay on something and it’s very disturbing and annoying.
Yeah this is why Halo should just be 100% classic. Because trying to compromise with all these groups is impossible. Classic Halo is the only way
BANGHART wrote:
Yeah this is why Halo should just be 100% classic. Because trying to compromise with all these groups is impossible. Classic Halo is the only way
A new Halo game who is 100% classic would make no sense

Classic Halo is far to be the only ways. When you create a serie of games, you keep each novelties they bring. Trying to return to old functioning is the problem
This is the best received Halo multiplayer reception since Halo 3. I think you have valid points and have the right to all of these opinions still. After playing Infinite and I tried to play Halo 5. It was blatantly obvious to me the fast sprint, thruster, charge, and pound made Halo 5 feel like not a Halo game. The feeling was so bizarre because it never like that to me until then.
Infinite definitely has a more classic feel to it, but 343 has done a great job making it feel like classic Halo but it still feels new. I personally like the fact sprint isn't much faster than walking and it's more so there for sliding and for small bursts to just get behind cover (at least how I use it). With that being the case though walking should pop up on the radar with the difference in speed between the two not being much different. As for stabilizer jets and thruster pack, stabilizer jets would've been cool to stay but it's not a deal breaker for me and thruster pack I think shouldn't be in the game unless it's a piece of equipment.
OK, i think people need to realize, not all games need super mobility. Halo is in a unique position currently as there is NO other shooter that fits the sector it currently is in. That sector being the somewhat slower classic arena gameplay of early shooters. Slipgate is prob the closest but given the portals, jetpacks, general lack of map flow etc, it doesnt really fit the same bill.

Halo does not need to have the movement of h5 to succeed and if anything, shows having similar movement wont make it appealing as that movement is in other shooters in one way or another (not a 1 to 1 of course). They want Halo to be the only place currently that you can play a game like halo and the changes they made already are meant to keep that feeling while being somewhat modern in movement mechanics without going overboard like 5.
So because it doesn't have mobility gimmicks it's too old?

I am happy we are focusing more on the basics again. Even with that being the focus, the game still feels new and great to play. Halo Infinite is being more well received then previous Halo releases for a reason, it stands out.
I think you'd like Splitgate. I have the same feelings as you...it is tough for movement to be gradually speeding up throughout a franchise and then the brakes are suddenly applied and it feels somewhat stifling.

There will always be a minority in every game and it just happens to be us this time, but we should respect the developer's decision and let their vision pan out.
I think you'd like Splitgate. I have the same feelings as you...it is tough for movement to be gradually speeding up throughout a franchise and then the brakes are suddenly applied and it feels somewhat stifling.

There will always be a minority in every game and it just happens to be us this time, but we should respect the developer's decision and let their vision pan out.
I respect their decision, I'm just express my thoughts (maybe to hardly but it's been years I see Halo classic fans' complain about sprint, so this is my turn lol)

I'm fully aware Halo Infinite won't come back as Halo 5 mobilities, I ask to improv things like radar, sprint, the return of stabilizer jump, thruster as equipment. I think this things can improv the game while keeping the vision of the developers.
I somewhat agree with you. H5 is my favourite Halo multiplayer to date. The increased mobility and abilities all felt like a natural evolution to the series but I can completely understand why many people disliked it. Spartan charge and ground pound can rot in hell along with armour lock though. However I think Infinite is a step in the right direction by returning to a more classic (or "retro") gameplay. We saw something quite similar with the modern Doom games that have very few features present in other modern shooters and are more old-school though it never quite nailed PvP. I'm not saying Halo has to do it that way but it shows it can still work with today's audience so I'm not too worried, I find it quite refreshing actually. The radar is the only thing I wish they wouldn't change.
floudozor wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

Classic Halo is far to be the only ways. When you create a serie of games, you keep each novelties they bring. Trying to return to old functioning is the problem
Then why are people complaining about these new things, like radar and toned down sprint?

You said yourself trying to return to old functioning is the problem
H:I is keeping some novelities, changing others and adding in its own?
Shoulnd't be an issue then right?

H:I is the best of a bad situation as a classic fan I think that if things like sprint need to stay in the game then the changes and adaptations they've made to the AMM and various mechanics are necessary for them to work

The tech preview was the first halo game that (IMO) played like classic halo since MLG settings on halo reach and was by far the best halo experience I've had in ten years
H5 movement was too fast it didn’t not feel like a halo game… if h5 was it’s own game then fine the movement mechanics were pretty smooth the aiming how ever was far from it… anyway when it comes to halo it is supposed to be slower paced this halo is a perfect mix. H5 movement speed to me created unbalanced gun play and fights because it was simply way too fast and did not feel like a halo that preceded before it…
It's to compromise between the two communities (classics fans and modern fans) instead of going all in on one. Obviously this means that the people who refuse anything except either extreme will not like it, but I think there will be more people who enjoy the compromise than don't. I think that's been proven already and the game hasn't even come out.
It's to compromise between the two communities (classics fans and modern fans) instead of going all in on one. Obviously this means that the people who refuse anything except either extreme will not like it, but I think there will be more people who enjoy the compromise than don't. I think that's been proven already and the game hasn't even come out.
I agree, if someone like myself who is utterly and entirely against sprint or other AMM can accept halo infinite I don't see why these people can't as well

This is a give and take
A compromise as you said
And I think that its the best of a bad situation
floudozor wrote:

So where has dual wielding gone?
Armor abilities?
Loadouts?
Flinch?
I think the priority was to deliver a solid experience that feels more classic, has a few modern features and make the compromises trying to unite the Halo community, but it does not try to brake the mold, be innovative or graphically impressive and I kinda feel it has not changed much if you put it side by side with Halo 5. Sometimes, Halo 5 even looks graphically better and more fluid. I think it is good, but at the same time it is very conservative.
I've enjoyed every Halo game for one reason or another. I think the only mp I really bounced off hard from was Reach, but I adored the campaign.

Anywho, as someone who has enjoyed them all, I definitely fit somewhere in the middle of the two extremes. Also as someone who has played the tech test, my excitement to play a new Halo game hasn't been this high since the Halo 2 mp E3 video.

343 has something really special on their hands and I hope people in the two extremes keep giving it an honest try when the full game releases.
I've enjoyed every Halo game for one reason or another. I think the only mp I really bounced off hard from was Reach, but I adored the campaign.

Anywho, as someone who has enjoyed them all, I definitely fit somewhere in the middle of the two extremes. Also as someone who has played the tech test, my excitement to play a new Halo game hasn't been this high since the Halo 2 mp E3 video.

343 has something really special on their hands and I hope people in the two extremes keep giving it an honest try when the full game releases.
"I hope people in the two extremes keep giving it and honest try"

This is another reason I'm really happy they went f2p. Even if you are part of one extreme and don't think you'd like it, in the past I'm sure those people wouldn't think twice about not bothering even trying it because you'd have to pay full price. No one likes to pay for something they don't think they'd like, they'd just stay away from it. With it being f2p, even if someone thinks they won't like it, they can at least try it for free and might actually end up liking something they otherwise would've skipped without a second thought. Worst case scenario they don't like it and no money was lost and at least then they're not left wondering if they could've liked it.

"I hope people in the two extremes keep giving it and honest try"

This is another reason I'm really happy they went f2p. Even if you are part of one extreme and don't think you'd like it, in the past I'm sure those people wouldn't think twice about not bothering even trying it because you'd have to pay full price. No one likes to pay for something they don't think they'd like, they'd just stay away from it. With it being f2p, even if someone thinks they won't like it, they can at least try it for free and might actually end up liking something they otherwise would've skipped without a second thought. Worst case scenario they don't like it and no money was lost and at least then they're not left wondering if they could've liked it.
Completely agree. I think going f2p with cross-play and cross-progression was a genius move. It should be a pretty big community with new and old players alike coming to check it out from time to time.
well thanks for inviting me to the discussion but to be honest I dont expect anything from Halo Infinite...
Thrusters have become an equipment limited in number of use (once you obtained it), and "crying walkers" made 343i go in the wrong way (removing sprint as it was, but also ground pound)... so to me it's huge regression.

The only thing I hope now is that they bring Halo 5 warzone and campaign to PC (since I sold my xbox...) and this may take 15 years (like halo 3) sooo....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3