Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo infinite flights

OP X BluBee X

I’m personally a part of the flight program but I’m kinda worried based on how many people are flights that it might be hard to do match making during the flights for halo infinite that’s really all I want to say
I'm a bit more worried about how effective the feedback from the infinite flights will be since we are moving closer and closer to the release date. I think that they should have released public flights earlier to collect a wide variety of feedback early on which makes it less likely that they invest a lot of time and effort into a feature which players may end up disliking.

Obviously they can't just push beta builds all the time, but I do feel that earlier public flighting would have allowed the community as a whole to provide a larger volume of in depth feedback based on the wide audience which they can reach with public flights. Additionally they would be able to address the feedback without having an incredibly small timeframe which seems to be the case now.
X BluBee X wrote:
I’m personally a part of the flight program but I’m kinda worried based on how many people are flights that it might be hard to do match making during the flights for halo infinite that’s really all I want to say
It's all about the love... 343 I heart u for your hard work... It means a lot to me and tks for making it f2p bc... It saves me a lot of food money
I'd say it shouldn't be to hard to find matches in flight matchmaking. With the advertising that Xbox has done for the game, you should be able to find one if you're selected. I'm also an Insider, and a console one at that, but I haven't heard anything yet.
perhaps public flights will happen shortly after e3?
Drahicr wrote:
I think thats most likely what will end up happening
Are there any demo flights right now? Me being a Halo/Xbox insider has seen none so far
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
Are there any demo flights right now? Me being a Halo/Xbox insider has seen none so far
There are internal flights going on with focus groups (i.e. the team of players giving feedback for map design, layouts, and weapon balancing), but not external or public flighting yet.
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
There are internal flights going on with focus groups (i.e. the team of players giving feedback for map design, layouts, and weapon balancing), but not external or public flighting yet.
For PC only? If its for Xbox too, I should have access to them... but I dont. EDIT: Oh teams of players, gotcha
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
For PC only? If its for Xbox too, I should have access to them... but I dont. EDIT: Oh teams of players, gotcha
Yeah, you got it. Think of it as an internal pro team that helps them playtest and validate map design and weapon balancing. They're on the payroll as contractors. Only internal builds atm. The devs and Joe Staten himself often play builds everyday.

I expect the first rounds of public flighting sometime after E3. There will be a public announcement when they're ready.
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
Yeah, you got it. Think of it as an internal pro team that helps them playtest and validate map design and weapon balancing. They're on the payroll as contractors. Only internal builds atm. The devs and Joe Staten himself often play builds everyday.

I expect the first rounds of public flighting sometime after E3. There will be a public announcement when they're ready.
Thanks for clearing that up.
I'm a bit more worried about how effective the feedback from the infinite flights will be since we are moving closer and closer to the release date. I think that they should have released public flights earlier to collect a wide variety of feedback early on which makes it less likely that they invest a lot of time and effort into a feature which players may end up disliking.

Obviously they can't just push beta builds all the time, but I do feel that earlier public flighting would have allowed the community as a whole to provide a larger volume of in depth feedback based on the wide audience which they can reach with public flights. Additionally they would be able to address the feedback without having an incredibly small timeframe which seems to be the case now.
I do agree that earlier test builds would give them more time to incorporate feedback to make the game better. At the same time 343 has been making a pretty big deal that the Slipspace Engine will allow them to iterate and make changes to the game faster than they have ever been able to do before, so theoretically they don’t need as long a turn around time as a previous game may have needed. That remains to be seen though.

In terms of the player population for test flights, I’m sure it won’t be an issue to find games. People have been waiting for a while to play Infinite, so even if the initial flights are relatively small, I’m sure players will be playing a ton. MCC flights for new seasons tend to dry up after the first day or two, but that makes sense since the game isn’t really that much different from the live build of MCC and it’s more to test new maps to make sure they aren’t broken or a new feature or something smaller in scale. Plus later flights will only include even more players so games shouldn’t be hard to find at all.
I found out that due to public test flight for H5 people informed 343 to it was too dark and they can't see anything. Due to which 343 had to increase brightness for final build which made the game look like it was low graphics..
I hope that they keep up public testing but learn listen to certain people only like YouTubers such as "HiddenXperia" or "TheActMan" and also old Halo MLG players who played Bungie titles. You know I mean people who are long time players and not some random dudes.

I do agree that earlier test builds would give them more time to incorporate feedback to make the game better. At the same time 343 has been making a pretty big deal that the Slipspace Engine will allow them to iterate and make changes to the game faster than they have ever been able to do before, so theoretically they don’t need as long a turn around time as a previous game may have needed. That remains to be seen though.

In terms of the player population for test flights, I’m sure it won’t be an issue to find games. People have been waiting for a while to play Infinite, so even if the initial flights are relatively small, I’m sure players will be playing a ton. MCC flights for new seasons tend to dry up after the first day or two, but that makes sense since the game isn’t really that much different from the live build of MCC and it’s more to test new maps to make sure they aren’t broken or a new feature or something smaller in scale. Plus later flights will only include even more players so games shouldn’t be hard to find at all.
We don't really have any information regarding the pipelines which they use, nor do we really know what the Slipspace engine is and isn't capable of doing. I mean ideally they can very quick iteration, but I think a more realistic take is that even though their process may be refined, they will still need all the time they can get to make significant changes. Given that they now have a very small time frame it remains to be seen if they will actually be able to effectively integrate user feedback after public flighting has concluded.
I found out that due to public test flight for H5 people informed 343 to it was too dark and they can't see anything. Due to which 343 had to increase brightness for final build which made the game look like it was low graphics..
I hope that they keep up public testing but learn listen to certain people only like YouTubers such as "HiddenXperia" or "TheActMan" and also old Halo MLG players who played Bungie titles. You know I mean people who are long time players and not some random dudes.
Well that's one way to skew the data...
Drahicr wrote:
I think thats most likely what will end up happening
Go infinite flights... I'm so excited

We don't really have any information regarding the pipelines which they use, nor do we really know what the Slipspace engine is and isn't capable of doing. I mean ideally they can very quick iteration, but I think a more realistic take is that even though their process may be refined, they will still need all the time they can get to make significant changes. Given that they now have a very small time frame it remains to be seen if they will actually be able to effectively integrate user feedback after public flighting has concluded.
I definitely agree that the more time they have for feedback and changing things if necessary the better. I hope that having an engine that is flexible and easier for developers to use was a top priority when they were making the Slipspace Engine. It seems like that was what 343 wanted because there were rumors that Infinite started out using the Unreal Engine, which is a great engine that is easy to use and quick to iterate on. So hopefully they implemented some of that ease of use into their own engine.