OP n0mnom321

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
General Requests:
1. Allow us to make any object invisible, not just invisible barriers.
2. Fix lighting where you can. It still breaks sometimes, even below the limit. One possibility would be 'print lighting', where the blocks are permanently 'painted' with shadows once the lighting is generated, so that you don't have to generate it every time you start a match.
3. Allow us to Forge offline.
4. Forge should be present at launch. Credit: Knight Mako
5. More and faster inclusion of forge maps into matchmaking. Credit: XxDeputyMoonman
UI:
1. This goes without saying, but keep all the functionality from Halo 5. Don't remove anything at all. Even the smallest thing is useful.
2. Give us a performance/memory bar, scripting bar and physics bar but remove the object limit. It's redundant. This way, the forger can tell directly if the CPU is struggling, and adjust accordingly. The item limit simply isn’t the best gauge of how mich memory is truly being taken up, as different objects are of different sizes.
3. Larger forge menu text. Credit: Kalyx triaD
4. An Undo/Redo Button. Credit: Andycu5
5. A more intuitive UI, separated into "basic" and "advanced" tools, and a search bar to find objects. Credit: ronnie42
6. Integrating custom game options into forge. If you can allow us to easlity switch between 'custom game' mode and forge mode, it will make testing easier. Credit: Kalyx triaD
7. The option to generate a visible, permeable, 3-D X-Y-Z co-ordinate grid on the map to make map symmetry and macroscopic geometry easier. Credit: MinusSquire2145
8. Allowing the forge monitor to clip through objects. The forge monitor is a physical object/sprite, meaning that it can be blocked by things. It would be helpful if, in forge mode, forgers can opt to pass through objects, instead of having to delete their way out of an enclosed space if they are stuck. It could be an option in the forge menu, along with an option for the monitor not to take damage.
Canvasses:
1. Larger forge maps with interesting locations like the islands and caves in forge world Credit: PurplePowErX6
2. For every fully-terrained canvas, add one that has the same skyboxes but with no terrain (so just flat). You could also give us the option to choose between water and land. Credit: Kalyx triaD
3. A truly dark, blank canvas, that has no natural lighting - the only lighting would be forge object lighting. Credit: Trusssson
4. More forge maps. Credit: Th3Mast3rChief
Scripting:
1. Fix scripting. It breaks 50% of the time.
2. Add new scripting functionality.
3. Spawnable A.I:
i. Please allow us to plan the exact patrol routes of the A.I. or make them sleep/stand still, as well as set simple objectives for them (for example, reach the ghost nearby and use it, or use this stationary turret).
ii. We could also select between ‘patrol’ and ‘assault’; the former means that the AI walks slowly along the path, while the latter means that the AI is fully aware of its surroundings and is trying to capture a certain position.
iii. Also, give us restriction zones, which is a barrier that A.Is will not cross (and if they are forced out, they will walk back in).
iv. We should be able to set the AI difficulty level between easy, normal, heroic and legendary.
v. We should be able to customise the AI traits further, at a level to that of Halo Reach firefight, where we could change the AI’s awareness, ‘shootiness’ grenade frequency, damage, health, etc.
vi. Turrets like in halo 4's dominion. Credit: LimyMage918
4. Scriptable spawn zones. This could help construct modes like invasion. Honestly though, just bring invasion back, seriously.
5. Damage zones and trait zones.
6. No spawn at start. Instead of forcing us to despawn the object at the start of the match, just make this a feature. Credit: Kalyx triaD
7. Sripted backgrounds. For example, a covenant cruiser flies by in the background, but just as a visual: it is unreachable and not physically present. Credit: M killshot
Creating our own assets:
1. Bring back vehicle welding, but increase our options with it. We could make it such that vehicles take damage when shot in their forge parts, adjust their speed, acceleration, and mass, as well as adjust vehicle damage. Also, fix welding with the mantis, it's weird.
2. Instead of invisible vehicles, give us a base 'vehicle frame'. We can then set its base driving traits to wasp, banshee, wraith, scorpion, etc, and choose its explosion type and size upon destruction. You could also allow us to control where, relative the the vehicle frame, the players will 'sit'. If possible, give us a human and covenant 'cockpit' piece. Credit: Kalyx triaD
3. If you could give us 'cannons' as a forge piece that are connected to the vehicle by scripting such that the driver can fire them, that would be amazing. Options could include the chaingun turret, fuel rod cannon, plasma cannon, missile pod, gauss cannon, wraith mortar, scorpion shell, and phaeton beam. In addition, you could give us gunner seats. You could also allow us to change the munition type and fire rate, as shown in the next point:
4. Bring back the req weapon glitch, but as a forge tool. You could allow us to have full control over a weapon's ammunition, fire rate, capacity, and firing mode (semi-auto, burst fire).
5. Something useful for vehicles: Passenger seats and chairs that you can sit in. Credit: TriedCrowd418
Physics, welding and grouping:
1. Fix the physics of forge. It's really crazy how things can just pop into the air. The new slipspace engine should be able to handle better physics.
2. A 'fuse' option. This is just to make welded objects more stable. Fusing objects would render them as one piece and would be irreversible. Using topography, you could essentially delete all the collision surfaces and textures that are enclosed within the outer surface. This would prevent welded objects from 'exploding' or 'deforming', and would be a lot easier on the processor.
3. A scaling feature that allows us to literally expand forge pieces to our liking. This would be extremely useful for building, but it could also be used on effects like fire to make massive explosions.
4. "Ghost" Physics, in addition to normal, fixed and phased. This would make objects only appear there, but be completely permeable to players and other objects. Credit: Andycu5
5. A 'mirror' function, where we can invert object groups to form their mirror image.
Terrain and Nature:
1. Keep the terrain blocks as forge objects, but if you could adopt far cry's landscaping/texturing system, that would be amazing.
2. Liquid volumes that can be textured to look like water, acid, lava, and mud. We should also be able to control the damage over time for each of these, as well as their viscosity (0-100%), where 0% means movement is not impeded but 100% means that you can't move in it. Credit: LimyMage918
3. Waterfalls, Lava falls, Acid falls.
New Object Requests:
1. A legitimately drivable phantom, pelican and elephant, so that we won't have to craft our own and waste pieces. Credit: XXGOOSE2XX
2. Facades. This includes building facades, tree facades, mountain facades, etc. Basically, poorly rendered objects to put as distant scenery without destroying performance.
3. Negative Spaces - Spheres and cubes that cut away at objects. For example, want to add a window to your building? Just put a rectangular negative through your wall. This would add a lot of ease to Forge. Credit: MinusSquire2145

Share your thoughts! I'll add anything interesting to the list.
I love most of these ideas, but I would add turrets like halo 4s turrets but with a variety of them, and liquid volumes that could be textured to look like water, lava, acid, etc, and add buildings so we don't have to use prefabs that take up a ton of pieces
Welding items to Ai spawns sounds like instant spawn killing. We sort of see this with the videos of Forge objects tracking players in h5. Other than that I like all of these ideas.
Unlockable Forge pieces. Like...things from the lore that you get by putting a code from one of the books for example.
Custom weapon tool editing so you can change the look of a weapon iin Forge (ex; if you want to have a BR that spawns with a camo skin to match the map you can do that). Might be good to mix with the afformentioned weapon adjustment tools so you can make your own personalized and identifiable custom weapons.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Nalla78 wrote:
Welding items to Ai spawns sounds like instant spawn killing. We sort of see this with the videos of Forge objects tracking players in h5. Other than that I like all of these ideas.
What I'm thinking is this: if you weld a weapon or vehicle to the A.I, the A.I will simply spawn using it. If you weld a block to the A.I's head, it will just follow the A.I aound.
Unlockable Forge pieces. Like...things from the lore that you get by putting a code from one of the books for example.
Custom weapon tool editing so you can change the look of a weapon iin Forge (ex; if you want to have a BR that spawns with a camo skin to match the map you can do that). Might be good to mix with the afformentioned weapon adjustment tools so you can make your own personalized and identifiable custom weapons.
I'm thinking that weapon skins should be accessible to everyone, not unlockable.
True darkness.

I want it so there is a canvas that is true black. Just a empty canvas, and things only light up if I add light.

Simply put, if there's no light, you cannot see the object.

Plz
n0mnom321 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:
What I'm thinking is this: if you weld a weapon or vehicle to the A.I, the A.I will simply spawn using it. If you weld a block to the A.I's head, it will just follow the A.I aound.
I like that idea though they may replace it with a drop box for their weapons. I can still see lots of issues, even in halo 5 you can do some weld objects tricks and crash any Forge canvas. The vehicle welding still does this from time to time.
n0mnom321 wrote:
General Requests:1. This goes without saying, but keep all the functionality from Halo 5. Don't remove anything at all. Even the smallest thing is useful.
2. Larger forge maps, if possible.
3. Give us a performance bar, scripting bar and physics bar but remove the object limit. It's redundant and, well, limiting.
4. Allow us to make any object invisible, not just invisible barriers.
5. Fix lighting where you can. It still breaks sometimes, even below the budget limit.
6. Facades. This includes building facades, tree facades, mountain facades, etc. Basically, poorly rendered objects to put as distant scenery.
Scripting:1. Fix scripting. It breaks 50% of the time.
2. Add new scripting functionality.
3. Spawnable A.I. You could also allow us to weld objects to the A.I - that would be hilarious and perhaps useful. Please allow us to plan the exact patrol routes of the A.I. or make them sleep/stand still, as well as set simple objectives for them (for example, reach the ghost nearby and use it). Also, give us restriction zones, which is a barrier that A.Is will not cross.
4. Scriptable spawn zones. This could help construct modes like invasion. Honestly though, just bring invasion back, seriously.
5. Damage zones and trait zones.
Creating our own assets:1. Bring back vehicle welding, but increase our options with it. We could make it such that vehicles take damage when shot in their forge parts, adjust their speed, acceleration, and mass, as well as adjust vehicle damage. Also, fix welding with the mantis, right now it's weird.
2. If you could give us 'cannons' as a forge piece that are connected to the vehicle by scripting such that the driver can fire them, that would be amazing. Options could include the chaingun turret, fuel rod cannon, plasma cannon, missile pod, gauss cannon, wraith mortar, scorpion shell, and phaeton beam. In addition, you could give us gunner seats. You could also allow us to change the ammunition type and fire rate, as shown in the next point:
3. Bring back the req weapon glitch, but as a forge tool. You could allow us to have full control over a weapon's ammunition, fire rate, capacity, and firing mode (semi-auto, burst fire).
Physics, welding and grouping:1. Fix the physics of forge. It's really crazy how things can just pop into the air. The new slipspace engine should be able to handle better physics.
2. A 'fuse' option. This is just to make welded objects more stable. Fusing objects would render them as one piece and would be irreversible. Using topography, you could essentially delete all the collision surfaces and textures that are enclosed within the outer surface. This would prevent the issue of welded objects 'exploding' or 'deforming', and would be a lot easier on the processor.
3. A scaling feature that allows us to literally expand forge pieces to our liking. This would be extremely useful for building, but it could also be used on effects like fire to make massive explosions.
Terrain and Nature:1. Keep the terrain blocks as forge objects, but if you could adopt far cry's landscaping/texturing system, that would be amazing.
2. Give us 'facade trees' and objects that are poorly rendered so that we can place those in the distance without destroying performance.
3. Liquid volumes that can be textured to look like water, acid, lava, and mud. We should also be able to control the damage over time for each of these, as well as their viscosity (0-100%), where 0% means movement is not impeded but 100% means that you can't move in it. Credit: LimyMage918
4. Waterfalls, Lava falls, Acid falls.

Share your thoughts! I'll add anything interesting to the list.
theres no way they'll be able to do all of this so don't get your hopes up, but i hope at least the major parts of it are included
I’d like to see a new physics type that matches the “joint concealer” objects in Halo 5. And an undo/redo button.
My only forge request would be to make it user friendly because it's nice to have all those features but it's not going to mean much if the UI is difficult to use since a lot of casual/pro forgers want to be able to easily make maps without a confusing setup like h5, while Reach setup was better for organising.
ronnie42 wrote:
My only forge request would be to make it user friendly because it's nice to have all those features but it's not going to mean much if the UI is difficult to use since a lot of casual/pro forgers want to be able to easily make maps without a confusing setup like h5, while Reach setup was better for organising.
Halo 5's forge is extremely elaborate and I do agree that the UI could use better organizaton. It takes me ages sometimes to find the exact pieces that I want.
Donuts4TW wrote:
n0mnom321 wrote:
theres no way they'll be able to do all of this so don't get your hopes up, but i hope at least the major parts of it are included
I agree, but I won't put it past them. The jump from Halo 4's forge to Halo 5's forge was unprecedented and a welcome surprise, for example. Maybe they can surprise us again.
n0mnom321 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Halo 5's forge is extremely elaborate and I do agree that the UI could use better organizaton. It takes me ages sometimes to find the exact pieces that I want.
Sure complicated...except it's too complicated, I find myself wanting to actually work on my UE4 projects more than my Halo Forge because I don't like how it was designed in H5. I used to make forge maps all the time in every Halo game until H5 came out, then I barely touch it anymore plus the online only for forge didn't make any sense since forge used to mean I could make maps while the servers were down but now we can't even do that.
n0mnom321 wrote:
I'm thinking that weapon skins should be accessible to everyone, not unlockable.
Thats what I meant yeah. You start with them all and you can spawn weapons on-map with those skins for asctetic or machinima purposes. Ex; the map has a snow theme? All the weapons have arctic camo.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Halo Infinite Forge World!!

A map like Halo Reach Forge World!!
But 5 times bigger than that and you can fly 3 times higher a lot higher than Halo Reach Forge World could.

Halo reach had Forge World Halo 5 Guardians didn't.
I was Really Bummed halo 5 Guardians maps you can Forge on were really small not like Halo Reach Forge World. Have a lot more bigger peices and make the budget unlimited.

Bring back some buildings from Halo Reach Forge World and Halo 4

Vehicles-

UNSC-
1. Pelican that can shoot
2. Hornet
3. Falcon
4. Mantis
5. Scorpion Tank
6. Wasp
7. Warthog
8. Elephant
9. Mongoose
10. Something new

Covenant-
1. Revenant
2. Chopper
3. Banshee
4. Ghost
6. Waith
7. Something new

Promethians
1. Phantom
2. Something new

Abilities-
1. Jet pack
Please bring it back it was in halo Reach and Halo 4 I was
bumming it wasn't in Halo 5 Guardians

Forge custom games up to 64 players!!😃

Warzone Custom Games!!

And Warzone Forge!!

Please 343 Industries its the 6th game in the series!! 😃😃

Robeyone please!!😃
XXGOOSE2XX wrote:
Halo Infinite Forge World!!
Please 343 Industries its the last Game in this Trilogy!! 😃😃
1. The elephant and a legitimately drivable pelican and phantom would be nice. I'm adding that in.
2. The thing about adding jet pack in (or other armor abilities) is, Halo: Infinite's sandbox may not allow it. I'm not sure if it is feasible.
3. Object scaling would easily solve the problem of having very big/very small objects in forge.
4. The forge maps we have aren't bad as is. They might be smaller, but they also give us different background scenery and environments to work with. Making the maps bigger would be nice.
Integrate Custom Game Options Into Forge

This for me the next logical step in putting everything you need to craft a Halo experience in one mode. Bouncing back and forth between Custom Games and Forge to iterate can get annoying may even discourage making a little change just thinking of all the menu loading alone.

No Spawn At Start

Maybe I'm missing it, but even if I am it's not easily accessed. Also this was an option from Halo 3 to Reach.

Vehicle Construction

Using various 'vehicle frame' template pieces that themselves can be driven/flown, we'd be able to construct our own vehicles via welding. Template frames can include Warthog, Hornet, Elephant, Ghost, ect.

Blank Canvases

I notice a weird trend where the launch forge maps are often preset environments, the community asks for blank space/flat terrain with optional themes/skyboxes, and eventually 343 delivers. This happened in Halo 4 and 5. This time just start with blank spaces and flat environments, exactly like the ones added to Halo 5's forge.

Larger Forge Menu Text

Just make it a lil larger. Long stretches kinda hurt my eyes reading it.
Great suggestions!
This might have been said already, but...
Negative Spaces - Spheres and cubes that cut away at objects. For example, want to add a window to your building? Just put a rectangular negative through your wall. I feel this would add a lot of options and ease to Forge.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5