Halo: Infinite Forge Requests

OP n0mnom321

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
Not AI related but prevent people from downloading maps that are marked as private.
Like your Game History on Waypoint, any matchmaking map does not allow you to bookmark it, even if it's player created xD
Scripting:
  • need the ability to Target players directly with Conditions and Actions towards other players. Right now there's no good way to tell the game that so-and-so killed so-and-so and you have to use extremely convoluted workarounds for just letting the game know a player died, and even more so a specific one that you're trying to Target.
I would like to see forgeable firefight... And I would like to see custom games increased to 24 players... Far cry terrain like editor and more co operative vehicles like falcon and pelican
I would like to see many more variance between the building blocks and potentially a way to upload custom textures onto objects.

my main problem with forge maps is that they all are the same color/texture. After a while I get tired of looking at the same color schemes over and over on every forge map.

halo 3 was dirt brown
reach was silver/blue

both are fine but after a while they get really stale.
BANGHART wrote:
I would like to see many more variance between the building blocks and potentially a way to upload custom textures onto objects.

my main problem with forge maps is that they all are the same color/texture. After a while I get tired of looking at the same color schemes over and over on every forge map.

halo 3 was dirt brown
reach was silver/blue

both are fine but after a while they get really stale.
On the contrary I think the lighting and texture options greatly vary how maps can look. What you're talking about is just default blocks being used with no effort to customize the pieces.

Oh and btw: 343 needs to watch Overwatch's just announced Workshop feature very clearly.
The main thing for me is that I'll be able to play Forge offline. It might not seem a big deal as everyone generally has internet but the point is stuff created might not be accessible in so many years meaning your work is lost. Some people do the greatest things with Forge and the possibility of not being able to access that surely isn't something people are happy with?. Here and now I guess for some people but this possibility means I no longer bother with the mode. A shame as it's very good
Ai, undo and redo button, as well as a easier way to cancel weather effects indoors. Or, have weather effects that have boundary’s, that aren’t scripted.
The weather effects cancellation boudary would be fantastic to have.
-IMPORT YOUR HALO 5 FORGE MAP-

A feature where players could import / download a map from their Halo 5 file browser and open it in Halo Infinite Forge
So technically a game backwards compatible file browser. That would be a good feature.
Would probably be difficult to implement, but would be amazing nonetheless.
One other thing that they can add is breakable windows. It'd be great to have to break through a window to get to an enemy with a dramatic entrance! Sorry that I forgot to include this earlier :/ but it's something I think would be really cool ^_^
Would be a great tool to have!
In depth Customizable NPCs
This is incredibly detailed, awesome work! This would be amazing if they implemented it!
Ideas listed from my forge wishlist i made a while back on my phone, i am excluding anything already on your awesome list.
  • Better magnet system: Give us the ability to X-Ray through objects covering up a specific magnet point and select it. This happens sometimes when there are no objects around, but you're using a long piece.
  • Better snaps for grids: In the editors from 'Trials Evolution' and up we have the ability to create our own grid and set its angle of it and how big its snap sizes are.
  • Better rotation snap: Let us be able to use and have easy access to the angle exclusive to ramp pieces and the 22.5° degree offset.
  • Physical material = true/false : The option to let objects that are frosty act like an ice rink and objects that are grimy act like a mud pit.
  • Weapon customization beyond!: I see weapon mods in Garry's mod where people have created weapons out of the random junk from HL2 to retexture and create their own 'nailgun' or minigun out of objeects already in the game. ; Let us be able to create our own weapons in Forge to make the 3rd person and the 1st person models. Like a sized down camo or bush on a sniper for 'camo' so custom weapons could look unique.
  • Control emissive like it's an actual light.
  • Let us have light bars instead of using multiple lights in a line.
  • All invisible 'Forge only' objects should not use the obj budget: Spawn points, cameras, lights, effect markers, sound effects, joints, script brains, etc.
  • Plethora of new and old campaign weapons and vehicles.
  • Reliable joint tool that doesn't use physical objects for the hinge.
  • Piston/slider/spring tool.
  • Object launcher tool with out using an iffy man cannon.
  • Customizable UI and controls.
  • Developer editor mode for advanced users.
  • Armor editor: Incase you wanted to spawn anyone in with default armor and colors with no name tag for TTT or attach size adjusted objects to a player for a ghillie suit or go all out and make your player look like DOOM guy :v
  • Custom sound, texture, and object importer for those more experienced users.
  • Simplified boundary check scripting with more options to check for.
  • Script copy/paste to make life easier.
  • Script code block building for nerds.
  • Color wheel picker.
  • Material slider picker from Flat spraypaint matte to Shiny polished chrome.
  • Throwback forge canvases with extended building boundaries.
  • 16 player Forge lobbies with the forgotten option from Halo 3 to lock Forge mode from everyone except the host. (WOULD BE AWESOME FOR PLAYTESTS to fix errors on the fly.)
  • More scripting-interaction-based options.
  • Vehicle parts (destroyed/new) and nonfunctional weaponry for decorative forge objects.
  • CUSTOM GAMEMODE CREATOR so we can make Headshot only SWAT where headshots only get points, or a TTT infection gamemode where nothing ever appears in the kill feed.
  • Better unit selector: Let us type in the coordinates for a script or the L:W:T:B of a boundary.
  • Let us have ragdolls. Yes there's weirdos, but there's also REALLY CREATIVE people who could make really good machinimas, maps, and screenshots with that sorta freedom.
All of these would be great additions. I really hope 343 sees this thread and takes at least some of the amazing ideas posted by the community.
Spawnable AI as we could make our own custom campaigns.

Also in Forge if we could get some switches to trigger doors or other objects.
Make it with a little bit more option's.
For a map preset I would like to see the one and only forge world return. It should keep the original areas like paradiso, hemorrhage, asylum, hangar, and pinnacle. Additionaly it should extend the boundaries and allow us to go up into the mountains and go around the massive lake with some unique islands mixed in. I've gotten so sick of the stale forge canvases we've been seeing in Halo 4 and 5.
For a map preset I would like to see the one and only forge world return. It should keep the original areas like paradiso, hemorrhage, asylum, hangar, and pinnacle. Additionaly it should extend the boundaries and allow us to go up into the mountains and go around the massive lake with some unique islands mixed in. I've gotten so sick of the stale forge canvases we've been seeing in Halo 4 and 5
I don’t know if anybody has said this yet but variable axis gravity: The ability to have gravity on a different axis than the y axis(up and down) this would allow for very creative maps, and a host of other inventions the community could come up with.
I don’t know if anybody has said this yet but variable axis gravity: The ability to have gravity on a different axis than the y axis(up and down) this would allow for very creative maps, and a host of other inventions the community could come up with.
This, of course, would be in certain zones. Making the whole map’s gravity on a certain axis wouldn’t change much.
n0mnom321 wrote:
All of these would be great additions. I really hope 343 sees this thread and takes at least some of the amazing ideas posted by the community.
I absolutely love this thread. It would be great to see more of this kind of thing with the constant updates made by the OP for other aspects of the game. It'd be a crime if 343i wasn't actively reading this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5