1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
Heres a few suggestions that I’d love to see make it into forge:
1. Forge file sorting/folders
- not just specific by gametype, maps, and prefabs, but the ability to catagorize each in custom named files. (Ex: having prefabs/gametypes sorted in named files that are related to a map that is being constructed)
2. Updated water physics/liquid objects
- For water to flow and stand like water does naturally. Also new object type that would allow for the placement of liquid textures such as water and lava(like on Molten)(Would only flow like liquid on normal phys)

3. Replace terrain with terraforming tools
- A new forge tab that consists of dig/delete tools. It would grant the player the ability to create new unique terrains in their maps. It would open up a whole new world of possibilities for map creators.
4. undo button
- pretty self explanatory
So you guys are aware, the Undo feature was confirmed.
Madeomoney wrote:
Heres a few suggestions that I’d love to see make it into forge:
1. Forge file sorting/folders

2. Updated water physics/liquid objects

3. Replace terrain with terraforming tools
Yes please. Terraforming would be fantastic. Liquid objects may be difficult to pull off, so if it’s not possible please give us waterfall-like effects and allow us to change the texture of the liquid (acid, lava, etc). Being able to arrange forge maps into folders would be fantastic too, instead of scrolling through V1, V2, V3, and so on.
By the way guys, if any of you are halo: reach forgers, come to this post: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/calling-all-halo-reach-forgers/ea1512a0-6922-4922-8eec-9dc07ca969fd/posts
I would love some smaller windows than in h5 or maybe even the option to turn any blocks texture to glass(more block textures!). Also i would like a wider selection of interior props (beds, chairs, sink, toilet, etc)
I would love some smaller windows than in h5 or maybe even the option to turn any blocks texture to glass(more block textures!). Also i would like a wider selection of interior props (beds, chairs, sink, toilet, etc)
Great Ideas!
I’d love to see a menu where all the items in a map are listed. This would save time flying across the map to edit items. I’d also like more filters, i.g. be able to select all power weapons or all unsc vehicles on a map. Additionally, the ability to fly through walls in monitor mode/teleport the monitor to a place on the the map and go back through one way barriers would allow people to edit buildings quicker.
Cody15x wrote:
I’d love to see a menu where all the items in a map are listed. This would save time flying across the map to edit items. I’d also like more filters, i.g. be able to select all power weapons or all unsc vehicles on a map. Additionally, the ability to fly through walls in monitor mode/teleport the monitor to a place on the the map and go back through one way barriers would allow people to edit buildings quicker.
Hmm, interesting UI ideas. This would be fantastic!
I only have one wish: make it available on Windows and Mac on day one. The ui is horrible on console which makes building maps too difficult. It should just be a computer thing to be honest.
DonVinzone wrote:
I only have one wish: make it available on Windows and Mac on day one. The ui is horrible on console which makes building maps too difficult. It should just be a computer thing to be honest.
It does take some time to get used to forge on the console. But I managed to get the hang of it and have spent countless hours forging in Halo 5. Forge most certainly needs to be there day one, though. Forge is the lifeblood of the customs community, and the forging community itself is basically a self-running content machine. 343 can keep matchmaking fresh without actually making anything new themselves.
n0mnom321 wrote:
DonVinzone wrote:
It does take some time to get used to forge on the console. But I managed to get the hang of it and have spent countless hours forging in Halo 5. Forge most certainly needs to be there day one, though. Forge is the lifeblood of the customs community, and the forging community itself is basically a self-running content machine. 343 can keep matchmaking fresh without actually making anything new themselves.
It's mostly due to the UI which doesn't really work in H5 in general. The game wants you to do way too many things with far too few buttons and lacking the precision of keyboard and mouse. That's when you get submenu after submenu after submenu. I've never been a big Forge user but have always been able to create some small fun stuff to play with friends. The UI makes the learning curve too steep for 'casual' Forging. At the same time I appreciate the maturity of Forge these days but that also means it has kind of outgrown its console-friendliness.

With MS blurring the lines between PC and Xbox and already having released H5 Forge for PC I think the time is there to just make it a separate thing.
DonVinzone wrote:
n0mnom321 wrote:
DonVinzone wrote:
It's mostly due to the UI which doesn't really work in H5 in general. The game wants you to do way too many things with far too few buttons and lacking the precision of keyboard and mouse. That's when you get submenu after submenu after submenu. I've never been a big Forge user but have always been able to create some small fun stuff to play with friends. The UI makes the learning curve too steep for 'casual' Forging. At the same time I appreciate the maturity of Forge these days but that also means it has kind of outgrown its console-friendliness.

With MS blurring the lines between PC and Xbox and already having released H5 Forge for PC I think the time is there to just make it a separate thing.
Interesting... I’ve spent a good amount of time on forge using both console and pc. I almost always use console as I find it a lot easier and quicker to use. The only thing I really use PC for is entering numbers as it can take forever on console to set something to 1000 with intervals of .1 I’m probably a little biased as I’m a controller player but since forge was made for controller I’ve always found it much easier to use on controller. Anyway, I’d imagine forge would release on Windows day one, idk about Mac. Microsoft has been pretty big on the “play anywhere” program.
DonVinzone wrote:
n0mnom321 wrote:
DonVinzone wrote:
It shouldn't be a separate thing. Not everyone has a PC, you know. Of course, they should release forge at launch for both platforms, but forge has always been a part of the game. There's no need for exclusivity. I've forged some (and of course I'm biased here) pretty impressive stuff on console without a problem. Your preference isn't everyone else's preference.
Legitsky wrote:
Forge-able AI could open up the possibilities to endless customization. Firefight gametypes could be remade, campaign mission-style battles could be created, and so much more. I'd love to see some form of forge-able AI.
Imagine remaking some Halo CE missions. That would be awesome. There's also so many options for things like duck hunt or infection. I would also like to see more lighting options and world lighting. I like to make some scary missions in other games, but that's hard in 5 because the lighting is never really dark and always because brighter. Access to more sound effects would be nice too.
Personally, I was never really a forge user myself. But I sometimes do like the maps that players make and find it cool when they're added to multiplayer 👍
Forge-able campaign encounters would be a game changer. There are probably too many complications with placing AI in user generated geometry. But I think changing up the encounters from already existing campaign scenarios is possible. The user then needs some tutorials on trigger volumes and the like, and off we go.
Forge-able campaign encounters would be a game changer. There are probably too many complications with placing AI in user generated geometry. But I think changing up the encounters from already existing campaign scenarios is possible. The user then needs some tutorials on trigger volumes and the like, and off we go.
The thing is, we could probably program our own paths into the game. For example, we could set up zones that the AI cannot leave, put in place set patrol routes for the AI to walk, and even set objectives for the AI (e.g. get to this shade turret). That way, the software doesn't have to figure out the pathfinding all on its own.
I'm sure someone has aid this or something along the same lines but... if it is an object already in the game... it should be an object in forge.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6