Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Halo Infinite: Infection Royale

OP Beibok

So I've had this idea ever since battle royale first started to become massively popular. While I think Halo is actually a really good fit for the battle royale genre, I was thinking about how it could work. But what if they created an entirely new battle royle gametype combining infection and battle royale? With 90 players spawning as spartans and 10 as flood forms. It could be set on massive maps that could maybe be taken from the campaign or even forge if the forge in Halo Infinite is capable of such a thing. It could maybe even have the smaller infection forms as AI enemies and the infected players could earn in-game points like in star wars battlefront 2 to spawn as higher flood forms like the tank forms. There could also potentially be friendly marines and enemy banished/covenant forces that the infected players could convert to the flood. The last spartan (or playable elite?!) standing, wins. It would be a huge investment on 343's part but if it's FORGEABLE and has custom games options, it could be an insane mode with infinite potential, plus they wouldn't have to spend so much time making maps for it (if they use forge and/or campaign maps). So pretty much a battle royale mode, combined with infection, with enemy and friendly ai and an unlimited amount of user created maps... Just think of the potential!
343i already confirmed they have no plans to add Battle Royale to Halo Infinite, and besides that, Battle Royale is oversatured.
Battle Royale is oversatured.
First-person shooters are oversaturated.
Battle Royale is oversatured.
First-person shooters are oversaturated.
By that logic, video games are oversaturated. Best stop developing games altogether, then.
Chimera30 wrote:
By that logic, video games are oversaturated. Best stop developing games altogether, then.
Yup. Sorry, devs. Game over, man.
could be fun, or could be a firefight that's open map and heavily modifiable.
seanonix wrote:
With 90 players spawning as spartans and 10 as flood forms. It could be set on massive maps that could maybe be taken from the campaign or even forge if the forge in Halo Infinite is capable of such a thing. It could maybe even have the smaller infection forms as AI enemies and the infected players
I do like the idea of the AI controlled enemies. It could make it similar to L4D. Especially with Spawning as different infection forms.

I could see this being a great stand-alone game if a reduced player count was involved. Maybe L4D, but with ODSTs.

As for the player count of 100, instead of using for a battle royale style we know, we could do so much more with that number of players. We could have 12 v 12 v 12 v 12 company battles, full on war or even an MMO style recipe for a game/variant.
Seems like a cool idea for customs!
No battle Royal please. I really want halo to stay as far away from it as possible. I don’t want halo jumping on the battle royal band wagon like bo4 and battlefield 5
As much as I love infection (seriously if you want proof look at my playtime of infection compared to every other game mode in halo 5 lol) I would rather not have a battle royale mode in halo let the genre die already. Although as a separate game not in halo that would be pretty nice :)
343 have already confirmed that they have no plans for Battle Royale modes