Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite is disappointing.

OP Savage5078

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
I have been a halo fan since 12 years, i have been playing all the games, i was so disappointed at halo 5, and i thought halo infinite wasn't gonna be disappointing and was gonna be good but i was lied to, with pre rendered cutscenes, the E3 2019 trailer that we got was a Pre Rendered cutscene, like 343i Did with Halo 2 Anniversary.

One of the things that Halo Infinite needs to fix:
- After watching the demo, when the shield recharges it doesn't make the same sound unlike the E3 2019 when chief's armour got unlocked up.

- When you shoot at an enemy, you still get the "x" or hitmark if you kill them, that's annoying and doesn't help in the gameplay in any way.

-When you get shot at, those "titanfall" particles must go, they don't help in the gameplay in anyway, and they don't help make the game look any better.

-VERY IMPORTANT: The artstyle, i have seen many people argue about it because it doesn't feel quite right. all art styles being mixed up but it feels more like a 343 Version instead of the Bungie artstyle, because the grunt still look like halo 4/halo 5 artstyle which i don't like at all, and most of old halo fans won't like.

-We wanted the halo ce magnum, not a mixed version of a generic pistol with halo 2's artstyle.

Also 343: We didn't wanted a game with more halo 5 style, and WHERE IS THE PLASMA RIFLE???

We don't want a weapon that is from a game that gives us bad memories, we want the plasma rifle, not the "storm rifle" and give us the old carabine, this one is not the one we wanted, there are so many things wrong in this game that i don't like and many people won't like, because 343 doesn't understand, if a game has a franchise, you have to use the old stuff from the old games, where is our plasma rifle? where is our halo 2A style carabine, We don't want anything more from halo 5, bring back the halo 3 artstyle, and make the banish better god.

Also, Don't give me the excuse that "No, 343 made halo 5 with that type of sandbox, so they have to use it" No, no halo 5 stuff because halo 5 was pure garbage in the campaign and the sandbox.

I have to be honest, i was expecting more in halo infinite but what i saw in the demo, got me disappointed, and i don't think 343 will understand those crucial points of a franchise and its art style, the art style, that is what help us recognize what is a halo game, this is not what we wanted, Please 343 fix the game and give us what we wanted, not a game like halo 5, we want a game with the Halo 2 Anniversary, or Halo 3 Art Style, please.

I'm maybe missing some other stuff about this topic and if i am, you can post it below.
I can't say I agree with all of this, however I can agree that I am highly disappointed in this reveal. This game looks terrible, from a graphics standpoint. How is this next gen? Why is the Phantom still flying around like it's attached to a guide wire? Can't 343 figure out smooth flight paths yet? Man so disappointed 343.
Fatal 0Efx wrote:
I can't say I agree with all of this, however I can agree that I am highly disappointed in this reveal. This game looks terrible, from a graphics standpoint. How is this next gen? Why is the Phantom still flying around like it's attached to a guide wire? Can't 343 figure out smooth flight paths yet? Man so disappointed 343.
Im thinking that you're a halo fan just because of halo 5's gameplay. but, can't all the halo 5 fans just try the old things? like Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3? we were forced to have 2 games that the old fans didn't like, Because i have to be honest, if you've played the old halo games, you'd say Halo 5 is pure garbage on its story and sandbox.
Ive been a Halo fan for 19 years and this -Yoink- happens with every Halo release, and as far as I can tell, H5 was the only one where its warranted. They always change the formula and art style. This game looks sick and I cant wait to play it.
Jesus Christ man, it was an 8 minute demo, obviously they're going to want to show off some of the new toys you'll be able to play with in the sandbox, we already know there will be a plasma rifle, a plasma pistol, a needler, the BR, the magnum, etc, etc., those are staples of the franchise that aren't going anywhere. 343 wants to show you the new equipment that you'll be able to use along with the cool brute weapons and grenades, both new and returning.

If you didn't notice the elites, grunts, and jackals have all returned to form (specially the elites, with some of the grunts harboring the new style), hell you got a Reach AR and Master Chief looking dope as ever with a close resemblance to Halo 2/3. I agree the Banished should have some more hair so they don't look like orcs lol but you can see where they've incorporated visual feedback that was originally supposed to be in Halo 3, like the armor pieces falling off the brutes and their dynamic reactions to them. Your woes about the old art style returning aren't making a lot of sense to me.

I agree that the graphics look cartoony and plastic-ish, with a lot of LOD popping and draw distance issues, but if graphics are the "worst" thing about the game, then in my opinion that's a very good thing. Also no lol those weren't pre-rendered cutscenes in 2019, those were definitely in-game, considering they literally said that's the first cinematic of the game and the fact that the 1st minute of the demo looked just as good as that 2019 demo. If you haven't watched the Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E-1BcILTPk
It has far better quality than the streamed versions.

And before people call me a 343 apologist I've been with the franchise since CE released, so do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch. I was there when it was written. As someone who more or less hates advanced mobility and prefers classic gameplay, at least I can say that only sprint, clamber, and slide were present and were toned down from their Halo 5 counterpart and that equipment and its role in the sandbox will be taking precedent. I'd be more concerned about how feature rich the game will be and if it'll contain a cohesive narrative.

/rant
Edit double post
Savage5078 wrote:
Fatal 0Efx wrote:
I can't say I agree with all of this, however I can agree that I am highly disappointed in this reveal. This game looks terrible, from a graphics standpoint. How is this next gen? Why is the Phantom still flying around like it's attached to a guide wire? Can't 343 figure out smooth flight paths yet? Man so disappointed 343.
Im thinking that you're a halo fan just because of halo 5's gameplay. but, can't all the halo 5 fans just try the old things? like Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3? we were forced to have 2 games that the old fans didn't like, Because i have to be honest, if you've played the old halo games, you'd say Halo 5 is pure garbage on its story and sandbox.
That’s not true at all. Wtf are you going on about. I’ve literally played every Halo game and I prefer the gameplay in 5 over any other Halo. Sure, when 2 and 3 were the newest Halo, they were great. But when I go back and play them now on MCC, “I’m like wow this is slow” or “man this hit reg blows.”

Stop generalizing. People are entitled to their opinions just as you are. Some like old, some like new.
Jesus Christ man, it was an 8 minute demo, obviously they're going to want to show off some of the new toys you'll be able to play with in the sandbox, we already know there will be a plasma rifle, a plasma pistol, a needler, the BR, the magnum, etc, etc., those are staples of the franchise that aren't going anywhere. 343 wants to show you the new equipment that you'll be able to use along with the cool brute weapons and grenades, both new and returning.

If you didn't notice the elites, grunts, and jackals have all returned to form (specially the elites, with some of the grunts harboring the new style), hell you got a Reach AR and Master Chief looking dope as ever with a close resemblance to Halo 2/3. I agree the Banished should have some more hair so they don't look like orcs lol but you can see where they've incorporated visual feedback that was originally supposed to be in Halo 3, like the armor pieces falling off the brutes and their dynamic reactions to them. Your woes about the old art style returning aren't making a lot of sense to me.

I agree that the graphics look cartoony and plastic-ish, with a lot of LOD popping and draw distance issues, but if graphics are the "worst" thing about the game, then in my opinion that's a very good thing. Also no lol those weren't pre-rendered cutscenes in 2019, those were definitely in-game, considering they literally said that's the first cinematic of the game and the fact that the 1st minute of the demo looked just as good as that 2019 demo. If you haven't watched the Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E-1BcILTPk
It has far better quality than the streamed versions.

And before people call me a 343 apologist I've been with the franchise since CE released, so do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch. I was there when it was written. As someone who more or less hates advanced mobility and prefers classic gameplay, at least I can say that only sprint, clamber, and slide were present and were toned down from their Halo 5 counterpart and that equipment and its role in the sandbox will be taking precedent. I'd be more concerned about how feature rich the game will be and if it'll contain a cohesive narrative.

/rant
It has some stuff that doesn't help in the gameplay in anyway.

I don't think you saw how many people were ranting about this in this regard, and you're wrong, 343 Uses Pre-rendered cutscenes, there are differences between halo 2 anniversary cutscenes graphics than the original game itself. that's why you can change between anniversary and classic, because the classic one is the one being rendered, which doesn't take that long, because if you load a cutscene in a very expensive games with very good graphics, it would take more than 5 seconds.

and as i said, there are so many things that are wrong in the actual gameplay itself, if those iconic weapons are coming back then the only issue is the gameplay itself.
Im dissapointed and pissed off about Halo Infinite, i just gotta wait until the game releases so i can look more deeper on it, because i know it was a 8 minute demo but the demo is litterally like a part of the actual game, meaning that 343i is actually going with this type of sandbox with a "titanfall" type of gameplay and this art style.
Savage5078 wrote:
~ snip ~
It has some stuff that doesn't help in the gameplay in anyway.

I don't think you saw how many people were ranting about this in this regard, and you're wrong, 343 Uses Pre-rendered cutscenes, there are differences between halo 2 anniversary cutscenes graphics than the original game itself. that's why you can change between anniversary and classic, because the classic one is the one being rendered, which doesn't take that long, because if you load a cutscene in a very expensive games with very good graphics, it would take more than 5 seconds.

and as i said, there are so many things that are wrong in the actual gameplay itself, if those iconic weapons are coming back then the only issue is the gameplay itself.
I can't tell you how you feel about the gameplay, that's up to you. Halo 2 Anniversary very obviously had pre-rendered cutscenes with the help of Blur, but the Infinite one from 2019 is in-game... because they've already stated it is, and from looking at it, it is very obvious, again watch the 1st minute of the demo, they look identical in fidelity.
Savage5078 wrote:
~ snip ~
It has some stuff that doesn't help in the gameplay in anyway.

I don't think you saw how many people were ranting about this in this regard, and you're wrong, 343 Uses Pre-rendered cutscenes, there are differences between halo 2 anniversary cutscenes graphics than the original game itself. that's why you can change between anniversary and classic, because the classic one is the one being rendered, which doesn't take that long, because if you load a cutscene in a very expensive games with very good graphics, it would take more than 5 seconds.

and as i said, there are so many things that are wrong in the actual gameplay itself, if those iconic weapons are coming back then the only issue is the gameplay itself.
I can't tell you how you feel about the gameplay, that's up to you. Halo 2 Anniversary very obviously had pre-rendered cutscenes with the help of Blur, but the Infinite one from 2019 is in-game... because they've already stated it is, and from looking at it, it is very obvious, again watch the 1st minute of the demo, they look identical in fidelity.
If you read all of what i've said in this post (the original post) you will see how i feel about the gameplay, all details about why im disappointed are in this thread and you're supposed to read them if you're gonna write down something.

Aight, i gotta go sleep. cya, will check this back tomorrow
I gotta admit I was a bit hesitant after the reveal. But my main gripe is the way it looked and after reading here and there I'm convinced the lighting and textures will have more polish when the game launches.

- After watching the demo, when the shield recharges it doesn't make the same sound unlike the E3 2019 when chief's armour got unlocked up.
+ Agreed. Very much hope this is some kind of placeholder

- When you shoot at an enemy, you still get the "x" if you kill them, that's annoying and doesn't help in the gameplay in any way.
+ This doesn't bother me that much. I'd prefer a toggle option for this.

-When you get shot at, those "titanfall" particles must go, they don't help in the gameplay in anyway, and they don't help make the game look any better.
+Agreed. Again hope this is some placeholder.

-VERY IMPORTANT: The artstyle, i have seen many people argue about it because it doesn't feel quite right. all art styles being mixed up but it feels more like a 343 Version instead of the Bungie artstyle, because the grunt still look like halo 4/halo 5 artstyle which i don't like at all, and most of old halo fans won't like.
+ In this tastes always differ. I like this art (assuming there are going to be more lighting effects and texture) better than that of H5. Very glad the Elites got their old armor back too!

-We wanted the halo ce magnum, not a mixed version of a generic pistol with halo 2's artstyle.Also 343: We didn't wanted a game with more halo 5 style, and WHERE IS THE PLASMA RIFLE???
+ I'm assuming the old magnum will return and that they took this oppertunity to show of some new weapons. The SIDEKICK pistol looks more like the H2/H3ODST pistol.
Savage5078 wrote:
Savage5078 wrote:
~ snip ~
~ snip ~
I can't tell you how you feel about the gameplay, that's up to you. Halo 2 Anniversary very obviously had pre-rendered cutscenes with the help of Blur, but the Infinite one from 2019 is in-game... because they've already stated it is, and from looking at it, it is very obvious, again watch the 1st minute of the demo, they look identical in fidelity.
If you read all of what i've said in this post (the original post) you will see how i feel about the gameplay, all details about why im disappointed are in this thread and you're supposed to read them if you're gonna write down something.
Dude I literally wrote down my detailed response to your post and then replied to your last reply correcting your info, I don't know what to tell you lol
Savage5078 wrote:
Savage5078 wrote:
~ snip ~
~ snip ~
I can't tell you how you feel about the gameplay, that's up to you. Halo 2 Anniversary very obviously had pre-rendered cutscenes with the help of Blur, but the Infinite one from 2019 is in-game... because they've already stated it is, and from looking at it, it is very obvious, again watch the 1st minute of the demo, they look identical in fidelity.
If you read all of what i've said in this post (the original post) you will see how i feel about the gameplay, all details about why im disappointed are in this thread and you're supposed to read them if you're gonna write down something.
Dude I literally wrote down my detailed response to your post and then replied to your last reply correcting your info, I don't know what to tell you lol
Aight ok, im just gonna have hope that infinite is gonna be a good game, and it better be, Or 343i would have killed halo, Im gonna go sleep k? its too late, literally 2:27 AM, and i don't understand why moderators keep edition our quotes to " ~ snip ~ "

Well imma go sleep, cya! i will check back on this thread later.
Savage5078 wrote:
Savage5078 wrote:
Savage5078 wrote:
~ snip ~
~ snip ~
I can't tell you how you feel about the gameplay, that's up to you. Halo 2 Anniversary very obviously had pre-rendered cutscenes with the help of Blur, but the Infinite one from 2019 is in-game... because they've already stated it is, and from looking at it, it is very obvious, again watch the 1st minute of the demo, they look identical in fidelity.
If you read all of what i've said in this post (the original post) you will see how i feel about the gameplay, all details about why im disappointed are in this thread and you're supposed to read them if you're gonna write down something.
Dude I literally wrote down my detailed response to your post and then replied to your last reply correcting your info, I don't know what to tell you lol
Aight ok, im just gonna have hope that infinite is gonna be a good game, and it better be, Or 343i would have killed halo, Im gonna go sleep k? its too late, literally 2:27 AM, and i don't understand why moderators keep edition our quotes to " ~ snip ~ "

Well imma go sleep, cya! i will check back on this thread later.
I do it so the post doesn't get eaten up by large quoted replies, and I hope it turns out good too.
I guess the real halo was the friends we made along the way...
As a long time fan of Halo.
I've read all the 3 first books and also the 3 with de Didact, I've played all the games (including mobile games), I can't describe how I'm desapointed.
Yes the new old design looks great, but damn where are the texture?!
I mean Halo 2 anniversary multiplayer has the old style and looks beautifull!!! Here it looks we miss texture, it's unbelivable for a NEXT GEN demo.
Gameplay looks to be good, and I love that exploration is in the center of the experience, BUT I've read that this is not a "real" open world.
If it's true, is it a joke to have such bad visual and not even a open world? (even if some ACTUAL game like RDR2, Horzion Zero Dawn, Gears 5 looks clearly superior in graphics).

And god why such a focus on the face of the new main vilain when it's in the level of a first generation of game of Xbox One (fat).
Savage5078 wrote:
Im dissapointed and pissed off about Halo Infinite, i just gotta wait until the game releases so i can look more deeper on it...
B-BRRRUP-BINGO!!!

Gotta be honest, as a guy that likes 1-3 the best... it is, like you said a 8 minute demo. Don’t get me wrong, you can have problems, as do I. But maybe tone it down a bit.
eole15 wrote:
As a long time fan of Halo.
I've read all the 3 first books and also the 3 with de Didact, I've played all the games (including mobile games), I can't describe how I'm desapointed.
Yes the new old design looks great, but damn where are the texture?!
I mean Halo 2 anniversary multiplayer has the old style and looks beautifull!!! Here it looks we miss texture, it's unbelivable for a NEXT GEN demo.
Gameplay looks to be good, and I love that exploration is in the center of the experience, BUT I've read that this is not a "real" open world.
If it's true, is it a joke to have such bad visual and not even a open world? (even if some ACTUAL game like RDR2, Horzion Zero Dawn, Gears 5 looks clearly superior in graphics).

And god why such a focus on the face of the new main vilain when it's in the level of a first generation of game of Xbox One (fat).
That's what I'm saying if it looked like atriox from hal wars 2, then I'd understand seeing his scary -Yoink-. But that was literally the most untextured looking undetailed face that they make you stare at for longer than a minute. The only thing that brute had going for it was its animations.
From 'power your dream' to 'power your nightmare'. This is the halo game we have been waiting for 5 years? I can't believe that. Now I know who is the real 'Halo Killer'. It's 343 industry.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7