4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
Savage5078 wrote:
Fatal 0Efx wrote:
I can't say I agree with all of this, however I can agree that I am highly disappointed in this reveal. This game looks terrible, from a graphics standpoint. How is this next gen? Why is the Phantom still flying around like it's attached to a guide wire? Can't 343 figure out smooth flight paths yet? Man so disappointed 343.
Im thinking that you're a halo fan just because of halo 5's gameplay. but, can't all the halo 5 fans just try the old things? like Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3? we were forced to have 2 games that the old fans didn't like, Because i have to be honest, if you've played the old halo games, you'd say Halo 5 is pure garbage on its story and sandbox.
H5 wasn't THAT bad. At least it wasn't like Duke Nukem Forever.
Halo 5 isn't a bad game. It's just not a good Halo game. It strays from the original formula, has a bloated sandbox, and a weak story that heavily relies on outside material. Gameplay wise, it's not awful. Just lots of running about without shooting as much. Forge was never better, and there are some cool weapons.However, this is a whole other discussion for another post. 😂
Dont buy it then??
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo Infinite is still gonna be a Good Game, it was delayed so it’s definitely going to improve
Halo Infinite is still gonna be a Good Game, it was delayed so it’s definitely going to improve
I here what you are saying but it was not delayed because of graphics but lets hope the delay give them time to improve the graphics
One would hope so man, but logic tells me otherwise. If 5 years weren't enough to make a decent game, I don't think one year is going to make much difference at all.
Guys, we haven't even played it yet. For all we know, this could very well be the best Halo yet. Sure, what we saw in July wasn't very impressive, and some decisions on the table are kinda sucky.(Shipping multi and campaign separately) I myself have a little hope for this game. Mainly, because it is the first Halo game I can play at launch this time. I have been tracking all the news and info I can get. It's exciting for me. However, I am beginning to get a bit tired of getting info from toys, cookies, and drinks. We were shown in game(work in progress mind you) armor, but no word it seems on if you can have colors or coatings like destiny. It is becoming frustrating and I can see how people are getting upset. It's been 5 years. It might be 6 until the game drops. I have following Halo since after Halo 5. I love the franchise and I love the games. To me, Halo 5 was disappointing. I don't want another disappointment, and from what I saw at the demo, its looking a little disappointing... I don't like to be nitpicky, but there a few things I think could really impress.
+Bring back the Magnum and Shotgun.
+Give the enemies facial expressions.
+We want armor colors. This has been an established part of Halo since Halo CE. Don't make us pay for coatings, if its the only way to color your Spartan. Let us earn them in other ways.
+I want to say cut sprint...but at this point I see bigger issues. That phantom wasn't anything impressive in the slightest and made me disappointed as heck when I saw it. A real cherry on the top of the reveal for me.
+I realize there is a pandemic going on, and while I know generally nothing on game development, it has been 5 years. 3 since Halo Wars 2. Give us some more info on the game you want us to play and buy. Please.
+A beta would be awesome.
+The game lacks one thing to it's art style and I have been preaching this since the reveal. Grit. Armor needs scuffs and scrapes. Vehicles need dirt and dust on them. If you hit something, maybe scrapes could appear. Look at Halo 4s vehicles/armor. Lots of grit like Reach, but not too much. Halo 4s art style isn't very Halo like, but it kept the GRIT. Halo 5 lacked it. This game looks to lack it.
+Blood. Lots of it. We are killing aliens. Where's the blood? Halo CE was comically bloody. I loved it. Bring it back please.
+Lastly, I just want to say I'm glad we get another Halo. 343i has slowly but surely gained bits of trust from me. MCC has never been better. So thanks 343. To the fans, I think we should present our concerns here. Let our voices(words) be heard!(read) let's also wait to pass final judgement before we play the game.TLDR I'm Still hopeful, but feeling disappointed. I gave some reasons above.
Enrico 117 wrote:
One would hope so man, but logic tells me otherwise. If 5 years weren't enough to make a decent game, I don't think one year is going to make much difference at all.
I'm curious if all 5 were spent on Halo Infinite or not. Either way, it has been a while. One thing I wanna say is...didn't this game have a ridiculously large budget? Why is what we saw not as impressive as even some Halo fan mods? Not throwing hate, but this was set up to be the greatest game yet. Gameplay looks fun tho ngl. And gameplay is what makes a game fun. Not graphics.
Cobra J24 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
I'm curious if all 5 were spent on Halo Infinite or not. Either way, it has been a while. One thing I wanna say is...didn't this game have a ridiculously large budget? Why is what we saw not as impressive as even some Halo fan mods? Not throwing hate, but this was set up to be the greatest game yet. Gameplay looks fun tho ngl. And gameplay is what makes a game fun. Not graphics.
I disliked the gameplay at least as much as i disliked the graphics, if not more. But yeah, someone from Xbox said in an interview that Halo has basically infinite money, if I'm not mistaken. There are no acceptable excuses, that's what makes Halo Infinite even more disappointing.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Cobra J24 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
I disliked the gameplay at least as much as i disliked the graphics, if not more. But yeah, someone from Xbox said in an interview that Halo has basically infinite money, if I'm not mistaken. There are no acceptable excuses, that's what makes Halo Infinite even more disappointing.
Aye, I can understand the disappointment from some people, although I enjoyed the gameplay demo to an extent. Anything particular that you didn't like about the gameplay demo?
Some of my highlighted issues were (excluding graphics):
-The grappleshot having infinite amount of uses while being a base mechanic
-The bland design of the Five sev- I mean sidekick and VK78 Commando
-Some of the weapons felt quite redundant or just eh, the pulse rifle for example.
-Aesthetic of the Banished
And that's about it so far.

The things I liked:
I noticed 343 gave a bit more appreciation for the environment, you have wildlife, fusion coils etc
-The Map design is more open and less linear

- The Ai interactions in the sandbox (kicking suicidal grunts, being able to change weapons)

-I liked how the grapeshot add on to the sandbox, grappling to enemies, fusion coils etc (But at the same time the sandbox has less meaning due to the player having more power over the environment)
Enrico 117 wrote:
Cobra J24 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
Aye, I can understand the disappointment from some people, although I enjoyed the gameplay demo to an extent. Anything particular that you didn't like about the gameplay demo?
-Some of the weapons felt quite redundant or just eh, the pulse rifle for example.

The things I liked:
I noticed 343 gave a bit more appreciation for the environment, you have wildlife, fusion coils etc

- The Ai interactions in the sandbox (kicking suicidal grunts, being able to change weapons)

-I liked how the grapeshot add on to the sandbox, grappling to enemies, fusion coils etc (But at the same time the sandbox has less meaning due to the player having more power over the environment)
I really like the wildlife and open areas. Feels more natural. Its awesome.
I have my own opinion but I think 343 has done a pretty good job. Campaigns 1-5 had a pretty narrow space going from start to finish on each campaign level. (Yes I know some levels were decently sized. ) But I do love how open Infinite looks. That's alot of ground to cover. Especially if they keep adding to the campaign over time.

I've played every Halo and honestly it's the only game I play. Some things are disappointing but I believe they have done a great job all around. I definitely hope they add thrust back, and that they make multiplayer as exciting as possible. Maybe even some new game types.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Cobra J24 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:

The things I liked:

There's so much I didn't like I'd be better off writing the few things I liked instead. I liked Master Chief armor, the aiming came through as reliable and solid, the pilot doesn't seem a boring character, and the shock grenade. That's it. There are a few things I neither like nor dislike, but the rest of the gameplay was awful to me. I won't touch all the graphical or design problems, but physics are worse than in Halo 3; AI is worse than in Halo 3; the open-world is implemented in the most boring of the ways, just follow the waypoint; the grapple shot is the most boring grappling hook of all the other games with grappling hooks; weapons and other sound effects are bad; there's almost no wildlife unlike what was teased in a previous trailer; animations are bad (watch MC sprinting or Craig's face); the antagonist is not Cortana, the Flood, Atriox or any other meaningful established character; worst thing of all is there's zero innovation, it looks like a mix of old Halos, nothing new.
Enrico 117 wrote:
I'll just post this comment to keep this thread up and alive. 2020 sucks, but the Halo Infinite gameplay reveal made it twice worse than before. It made me realize Halo is dead and gaming, as a whole, isn't appealing to me anymore without Halo. I wanna sell my Xbox. So I want this thread to stay up in the list to remind everyone at 343 and everyone who visits this forum that "HALO INFINITE IS DISAPPOINTING".
As i said, dont buy if if you dont like it. Your opinion is just part of the minority that didnt like what we´ve seen
Enrico 117 wrote:
I'll just post this comment to keep this thread up and alive. 2020 sucks, but the Halo Infinite gameplay reveal made it twice worse than before. It made me realize Halo is dead and gaming, as a whole, isn't appealing to me anymore without Halo. I wanna sell my Xbox. So I want this thread to stay up in the list to remind everyone at 343 and everyone who visits this forum that "HALO INFINITE IS DISAPPOINTING".
As i said, dont buy if if you dont like it. Your opinion is just part of the minority that didnt like what we´ve seen
You can't tell people what to do, you're a nobody. I'll probably end up not buying the game, but that doesn't change the fact that Halo Infinite is disappointing and doesn't change the fact that I can still criticize it as much as I want. You must live in a different world if you think people liked what was shown, or you're trying to illude yourself. Almost every single person who saw the gameplay trailer was disappointed, so quit spreading lies, it will only hurt the game even more.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
You can't tell people what to do, you're a nobody. I'll probably end up not buying the game, but that doesn't change the fact that Halo Infinite is disappointing and doesn't change the fact that I can still criticize it as much as I want. You must live in a different world if you think people liked what was shown, or you're trying to illude yourself. Almost every single person who saw the gameplay trailer was disappointed, so quit spreading lies, it will only hurt the game even more.
"You can't tell people what to do, you're a nobody."

Are you trying to suggest that despite your sheer disappointment with this product, you're going to buy the game anyway?

The majority of the complaints stemmed from the graphics, not the gameplay. So, you actually are in the minority.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:

Are you trying to suggest that despite your sheer disappointment with this product, you're going to buy the game anyway?

The majority of the complaints stemmed from the graphics, not the gameplay. So, you actually are in the minority.*
I have GamePass, so no, I'll never buy Halo, even more, I'll probably never play it. The game is going to be free to play, it has a cartoony look and many streamers are going to play it, and guess who has no money, likes cartoons, and watches streamers? Kids. So the game is gonna be played by a lot of new people regardless. Still I'll be here repeating from time to time how disappointing Halo Infinite is. That's unless 343 can pull a miracle out of their bum, and change the game completely from what was shown.

*EDIT: Every single person who's smart enough to make an opinion of their own has an opinion more or less different from each other in some capacity, otherwise you're just a dumb person who follows other people's opinions. There are people who liked the graphics, there are people who disliked the gameplay, there are people who loved the grunts, there are people who hated Chief's armor. You can't find a majority or a minority in something so subjective and complex, but if you take one common sentiment from the people who commented in the forums, and on youtube, it is disappointment. So I actually am still in the vast majority of people who came out disappointed.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:

I have GamePass, so no, I'll never buy Halo, even more, I'll probably never play it. The game is going to be free to play, it has a cartoony look and many streamers are going to play it, and guess who has no money, likes cartoons, and watches streamers? Kids. So the game is gonna be played by a lot of new people regardless. Still I'll be here repeating from time to time how disappointing Halo Infinite is. That's unless 343 can pull a miracle out of their bum, and change the game completely from what was shown.
I mean, that's fine? I guess? Can't say I believe you'll get anywhere with those complaints though.

The cartoony aesthetic of Infinite is great, IMO. It's more akin to Halo 3, which I personally have no issue with. But hey, to each their own.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:

I mean, that's fine? I guess? Can't say I believe you'll get anywhere with those complaints though.

The cartoony aesthetic of Infinite is great, IMO. It's more akin to Halo 3, which I personally have no issue with. But hey, to each their own.
Do you honestly think everything shown in the gameplay trailer was great? Did nothing disappoint you in that trailer?
Enrico 117 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:

Do you honestly think everything shown in the gameplay trailer was great? Did nothing disappoint you in that trailer?
What? I never said *everything* was good? All I talked about was how nice I think the art style looks.

Here are the main things I didn't like about the reveal:
1. The graphics were distractingly bad
2. The visual shield effects were annoying
3. The sound design is "meh"
4. I don't like clamber or slide

The trailer was disappointing, sure. But generally speaking, I'm happy with the direction Halo Infinite is taking. I personally think it looks fun.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7