Halo: Infinite IS just another Halo 5 - Here's why

OP PainedBubbles72

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Now there’s a lot I have to say on the topic of the Demo, I’m not going to get into it all here though.

Personally I like the gameplay shown and think it’s a good balance between classic and modern, ADS has always been in Halo and it looks like their using the more classic animation for it which I’m grateful for.
sprint seems really toned down in Infinite and looks slow, I think this will work well with multiplayer though we’ll have to wait until they reveal more about that.
the grapple hook seems fun especially when you realise that it’s a pickup much like equipment from Halo3 and will not be a base ability in multiplayer.

I agree that there are a few concerns with certain weapon designs and graphics though I think on the topic of graphics there’s more going on then we think so we’ll have to wait for extra info, there’s more I can say though I think above all people need to use common sense and realise that this is a spiritual reboot which doesn’t mean copy paste Halo2 and also that this was only 5 minutes of gameplay and we still know next to nothing, let’s wait until we know some more before we condemn the game. And if we’re offering criticism let it be constructive and not just complaining.
based on other videos I've seen of the game that have been shown off there are more classic weapons but I can agree it was stupid for them to only show off one on the gameplay trailer. I don't think the sprint is an issue this time around and for a few reasons. massive open world + it seems pretty slow. in multiplayer it's a simple turn on and off switch and if they say made it as slow as walking in halo 3 then it would be nothing but aesthetic and wouldn't change level design at all in that regard.

I do wish they would make crosshair position and hitmarkers ui optional that could be modified and well. they should remove sliding and vaulting. those are bad. but in a mp setting could also be turned off. I've always been more of a campaign player than a mp player. my favorite halo is halo 2 anniversary so you can understand where I'm coming from. I wish they would draw from the best in the series. but who knows they have a couple months left maybe they will actually listen and add -Yoinking!- dual wielding...... maybe.... if only it were so easy
The grappling hook was obviously an equipment, not a trait.
Doesn't seem so "obvious" to me, given that it literally regenerates like an Armor Ability, unlike the drop wall, which was one-time-use and temporarily replaced the hook mechanic while it was picked up.
Not that I'd have a problem with that, mind you, but still, all the evidence points towards the hook being a permanent mechanic, at least in campaign.
As long as Brian Reed stays away from the story board of Halo Infinite this game’s story should be better than Halo 5.
I don't see how people are saying things like halo infinite is a good balance between old and new mechanics...how??? Halo infinite has sprint animation, clamber, sliding and ADS style zooming animation (It's how zoom looks. that new commando type gun which looks like something straight out of COD, has it)

To me a good balance would have been something like one movement speed, thrusters and a double jump tied to thrusters or something. This would have been a good balance between old and new not what they're doing right now. What they're doing right now is pretty much Halo 5 minus ground pound, Spartan charge, and stabilizers....

I'm still actually very surprised that thrusters were removed as they seem to be the one mechanic that the majority of all the new fans alike agreed on or were ok with it whatever.

I really feel like there's still a big disconnect between a large chunk of the Halo community and 343I. Makes me sad.
I'm pretty sure the grappling hook will only be an "ability" in the campaign where it's constantly needed for traversal. Notice how the dropwall equip overrode the grappling hook in the demo. I think in multiplayer the grappling hook will be a pickup with limited use like the dropwall in campaign.
Still doesn't belong in halo pickup or otherwise
Halo 5 is better.(not the Spartan charge or ground pound just the thrust and stabilize )

I hate hitmarkers too
Ghooks don't belong in halo and even if it did , its done really bad here. Doom eternal does a much better job of advanced movement and HCS SETTINGS is much better than this
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator.Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I don't see how people are saying things like halo infinite is a good balance between old and new mechanics...how??? Halo infinite has sprint animation, clamber, sliding and ADS style zooming animation (It's how zoom looks. that new commando type gun which looks like something straight out of COD, has it)

To me a good balance would have been something like one movement speed, thrusters and a double jump tied to thrusters or something. This would have been a good balance between old and new not what they're doing right now. What they're doing right now is pretty much Halo 5 minus ground pound, Spartan charge, and stabilizers....

I'm still actually very surprised that thrusters were removed as they seem to be the one mechanic that the majority of all the new fans alike agreed on or were ok with it whatever.

I really feel like there's still a big disconnect between the Halo community and 343I. Makes me sad.
The demo to me literally does seem like a middle ground between old and new, half the mechanics that made up H5 were removed and they brought back equipment from H3.
Sprint seems slower to me which indicates that it might have less of an impact on gameplay though ultimately I’ll have to see more of the game to make a judgment on just how much if any at all.
ADS has always been in Halo just animations of the action haven’t always been the same, it seems this time around from what we’ve seen they’re going back to the classic animation that was in H1-3.
I think it will be better than Halo 5 - but the graphic and that stuff just looked like an Halo 5 Update.
Quote:
Do you have proof they are listening? Also, did you know there are multiple ways to traverse in the (fictional) world?
Th3 n00banater I have proof. They have specialized employees dedicated only for looking at the community's reaction on things and feedbacks on the games, they have forums in this very website for weapon tests, bug reports, playlist tests. They are constantly listening. Just because they didn't make the change you want does not mean they are not doing their jobs.
Quote:
ADS is mandatory? I doubt that.
I think it is. Why would you not be able to simply zoom your weapon to help you in combat? It removal does not make any sense. I seriously cannot believe such a simple and harmless mechanic that it is so normal in any game is a problem with this community.
Quote:
Previous Halo games had UNSC or Covenant crates with fully charged/loaded weapons lying around. It was very convenient at times. I also remember a couple times in Halo 2 where you could easily walk up to a Jackal to assassinate it and steal/borrow a beam rifle for awhile. Dead bodies can also be lying around with weapons they might have been using in battle.
Every battle has its specific approach. Sometimes you just don't want to trade your weapons. If you have to search around wepaons on the ground because the weapons you have can't handle in combat situations this is a terrible game design flaw. What if there are not enemies around you can steal your weapons from? Of course you wouldn't be using a shotgun to kill an enemy several meters away, but at least the Assault Rifle, Plasma pistol and want them to at least be useful in mid range combat situations.

Quote:
Are you sure the grappling hook is not a base mechanic like all the other awful ones added in "halo" 5? If it is, that would likely diminish some of the angry many people feel about it, but it does blatantly seem to be copying Titanfall 2.
Also, in case you are new to the Halo franchise which is a Microsoft/Xbox exclusive, the thumb sticks allow you to control how far you want to move them. Want to move slowly? Push the thumbstick in only a little bit. Full speed? Push the thumbstick all the way in the direction you want.
Not sure, but it showed in equipment box so I'm assuming you can swap it to another if you want, either way I think it is necessary to reach higher areas you can't with regular walk or jump. Unless you have a jetpack of course. The thumstick allows you to control you speed, but I'm specifically talking about your regular way to walk which is full speed. You never use your thumstick halfway to traverse the map, which would be super slow.
Quote:
Because it copies every other modern game? Hit markers are dumb in campaign since you can see an enemy's shields flicker, or watch them stumble in pain. In multiplayer is it like hand holding if you throw a grenade and get hit markers, eliminating any guesswork about an enemy's location, as well as letting you know they are hurt instead of the risk/reward of charging in previous Halo games had.
Hit markers are useful information for the player. Although I say again, if you have an option to turn them off, there you go, but remove it just because of the argument "it has in other games" is incredibly childish.
Quote:
You do not seem to know the difference between fact and opinion. Can you give me some examples of open world games that you would said succeeded or failed because of the claim you made?
You know how a open world game fails? When you don't have fundamental gameplay tools to help you traverse the map with ease. And that is what you want, no sprinting so you move large areas with a relatively slow pace and no tool for you to move vertically on the map, forcing you to waste your time looking around for gravit lits, vehicles or other stuff to make this process faster. When you have a large map and 90% of your weapons can't even zoom in because of some dumb reason.
I mean, I could get behind all the complaints regarding advanced movement, but with open world, everything changes.
1) Sprint wasn't thr problem in H5, it was sprint in combination with a lot of other things that sped you up as well. Too ne it looks like they slowed down the sprint speed significantly. Overall it looked like the movement speed was a little lower in general than in 5, which is exactly what I wanted.

2) I like ADS in Halo and I would rather it be balanced a little more from what it was in H5. There are tons of ways to do this, so I'm not going to try and guess what 343 might do.

3) The grappling hook is a map pickup like the bubble shield and power drain in H3. I think if we were ok with anyone being able to throw a giant electro ball off death back in the day, that we can come to terms with someone jumping up a ledge sometimes now...

There's a lot if stuff in here I don't super mind. And I don't think there was an animation when he pressed the button to go up the elevator right? Maybe it started automatically, if have to watch yimr demo again.

I haven't read many opinions on the forum that don't sound overblown and based on a ton of assumptions... >.>
I see where you are coming from and 100%agree the commando is not halo but think of the following.
The sprint is more of a jog and probably won't impact map design you arnt flying off the walls like halo 5.
Ads its just the classic zoom with an animation, i will say though we haven't seen enough and I could be wrong.
Grapple hook is an innovation we can't carbon copy halo 3 there needs to be new stuff and it'll be a pickup in multiplayer let's see how it plays out.
The button was a cutsceen on the elevator no cutsceen think of halo 5 demo where the warden grabs you which didn't happen in the end product. The added bloom is so we don't have h5 levels of ar cross mapping and can be adjusted(they did it to reach in mcc). Hit markers will probably be toggelable.
Art style draws inspiration from classic the red brutes are chieftains with more stuff on em, and the blue elites and brutes are stripped out of older games id argue the brutes looked pretty goofy in 3 and they look alot better than their reach counterparts. Cheers i hope I have lessened your dread.
The demo to me literally does seem like a middle ground between old and new, half the mechanics that made up H5 were removed and they brought back equipment from H3.
Conveniently though, they only axed those abilities that the advance-movement-crowd wanted gone anyways, namely ground pound and spartan charge. And you could technically argue that Spartan Charge is still in there, if you do a grapple-melee.
Also, you do realize that people suggested equipment for the game instead of the abilities, not in addition to them? Having both defeats the entire point...

Sprint seems slower to me which indicates that it might have less of an impact on gameplay though ultimately I’ll have to see more of the game to make a judgment on just how much if any at all.
On the other hand, it also seems that BMS was significantly reduced, so sprinting might be the only viable way of map traversal at anything more than snail's pace. At least when vehicles aren't available, like during indoor sections.
It's just baffling to me that this is the "solution" they came up with: Make both slower. Did they even listen to the community's feedback? Not only was the speed never the issue, but making the entire gameplay slower is literally the one thing that both sides didn't want.

ADS has always been in Halo just animations of the action haven’t always been the same, it seems this time around from what we’ve seen they’re going back to the classic animation that was in H1-3.
It wasn't ADS, it was zoom. That's an entirely different thing. The animation is what makes ADS, well, ADS. It's literally in the name: Aim Down Sights.
And again, this seems like a very strange amalgamation between both sides: On the one had, it still has an animation and isn't instantaneous. On the other hand, Chief lowers the weapon when zooming instead of raising it, which conceptually makes absolutely no sense. At least the margins during zoom seem to be transparent again.
Celestis wrote:
The grappling hook was obviously an equipment, not a trait.
Doesn't seem so "obvious" to me, given that it literally regenerates like an Armor Ability, unlike the drop wall, which was one-time-use and temporarily replaced the hook mechanic while it was picked up.
Not that I'd have a problem with that, mind you, but still, all the evidence points towards the hook being a permanent mechanic, at least in campaign.
Because 343 has literally stated that it's an equipment that's picked up and not an inate ability.
Because 343 has literally stated that it's an equipment that's picked up and not an inate ability.
...in multiplayer. There was absolutely no statement about campaign (that I am aware of, at least).
Maybe there will be Playlist with sprint and another one with-out sprint, i haven't really played halo 5 but i did heard that they did something similar if i am not wrong.
Celestis wrote:
Conveniently though, they only axed those abilities that the advance-movement-crowd wanted gone anyways, namely ground pound and spartan charge. And you could technically argue that Spartan Charge is still in there, if you do a grapple-melee.
Also, you do realize that people suggested equipment for the game instead of the abilities, not in addition to them? Having both defeats the entire point...

On the other hand, it also seems that BMS was significantly reduced, so sprinting might be the only viable way of map traversal at anything more than snail's pace. At least when vehicles aren't available, like during indoor sections.
It's just baffling to me that this is the "solution" they came up with: Make both slower. Did they even listen to the community's feedback? Not only was the speed never the issue, but making the entire gameplay slower is literally the one thing that both sides didn't want.

It wasn't ADS, it was zoom. That's an entirely different thing. The animation is what makes ADS, well, ADS. It's literally in the name: Aim Down Sights.
And again, this seems like a very strange amalgamation between both sides: On the one had, it still has an animation and isn't instantaneous. On the other hand, Chief lowers the weapon when zooming instead of raising it, which conceptually makes absolutely no sense. At least the margins during zoom seem to be transparent again.
Everything you've said is exactly as I see it. Technically, the game isn't just another Halo 5, but none of the changes they've made improve the game in any way. The main issues still exist.

One of the major problems with Sprint is that base speed is sacrificed in order to include it, which makes actual gunplay feel slower, forcing players to approach the game in a very different way from how a Halo game is played (as established by the original trilogy, the only Halo games that are almost universally adored). Now the game looks/feels even slower. It's literally the opposite of what anyone wanted.

The problem with ADS isn't simply the gun model still being present on the screen when zoomed in (although I could argue how wrong that is in a Halo game for days). It's the animation; the slow animated zoom instead of the instant zoom of every single Halo game before Halo 5.

At the end of the day, the issues with Halo 5's advanced movement are still present in Infinite. They just look different (i.e. grappling hook = thruster, spartan charge, etc.) and feel slower.
I think it will be better than Halo 5 - but the graphic and that stuff just looked like an Halo 5 Update.
I actually think the graphics look downgraded. There's a lot I wasn't a fan of in Halo 5, but the graphics in that game were one of its strongest points. The environments on Sanghelios in particular were outstanding! The only reason I play those levels is to be reminded of how well 343i made those locations look. The lighting, the texturing... everything looks beautiful. I'm not sure what happened with Infinite, but it doesn't retain the quality of graphics Halo 5 had at all. It doesn't come close.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4