Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite: Legendary Edition? Yes, please!

OP Zigma X

I don't know if it's already in the works but a Halo Infinite: Legendary Edition similar to Halo 3 with the Master Chief's helmet would be amazing and preferably that contains the game in its physical box, not digital. All the waiting will be worth it.
Please 343 Industries, put a lot of effort into the collector's editions.
I really don't want it to be a helmet. We already have a mega construx helmet, disguise helmet, and the spartan collection helmet shown at toy fair. Thats 3 helmets, 2 of which are wearable.
I'm getting it for PC so just give me a steel book with no game included, I'd be okay with that.
Helmets are cool and all, but wouldn't it kind of suck if the legendary edition was a repeat of an older legendary edition? Kinda defeats the point of it being limited, does it not?

Regardless you did say similar, and I can agree on that. There are plenty of in-universe things which could make for a neat limited edition, I'm personally hoping for something Banished related.
Helmets are cool and all, but wouldn't it kind of suck if the legendary edition was a repeat of an older legendary edition? Kinda defeats the point of it being limited, does it not?

Regardless you did say similar, and I can agree on that. There are plenty of in-universe things which could make for a neat limited edition, I'm personally hoping for something Banished related.
That's a point, maybe a small scale Halo would be sick.
Zigma X wrote:

Now that would absolutely be sick!
343 I demand a scale Zeta Halo model! I would say like a globe, but uh, it's a ring not a globe.
I hope its something special. With the 5+ year wait from the last big name Halo and now the delay with an unknown launch date...it better go hard in the paint. I can see them doing something similar to the H5 legendary edition with the Zeta Halo similar to how they did the "Build your own Guardian". Im excited to see what the console exclusive will look like.
Zigma X wrote:

or a bust of Escharum.......
Zigma X wrote:
I don't know if it's already in the works but a Halo Infinite: Legendary Edition similar to Halo 3 with the Master Chief's helmet would be amazing and preferably that contains the game in its physical box, not digital. All the waiting will be worth it.
How about this, (this is also hoping there are no req packs/battle pass in Infinite.

There is a special armor or 343 nameplate or Flaming helmet if you buy the Legendary edition.
Maybe, I dunno a playable Elite?
Just my Opinion :D
Zigma X wrote:
How about this, (this is also hoping there are no req packs/battle pass in Infinite.

There is a special armor or 343 nameplate or Flaming helmet if you buy the Legendary edition.
With multiplayer being free to play (game pass or gold), I can almost guarantee that there will be battle pass's or "seasons". They have to find a way to make more money off this game based on the depth in which they are investing into it. I believe it was said that this will be the Halo for the next decade. Maybe Legendary edition will get access to all battle pass/unlockable content and wont have to keep spending the $10 or $20 theyll probably charge if they follow COD or similar games.
Zigma X wrote:

With multiplayer being free to play (game pass or gold), I can almost guarantee that there will be battle pass's or "seasons". They have to find a way to make more money off this game based on the depth in which they are investing into it. I believe it was said that this will be the Halo for the next decade. Maybe Legendary edition will get access to all battle pass/unlockable content and wont have to keep spending the $10 or $20 theyll probably charge if they follow COD or similar games.
Yeah I used to play Fortnite but NEVER bought the battle pass. If course all my friends HAD to point out I still had a noob skin.

Hopefully you shouldn't have to pay too much because the whole reason I was gonna upgrade to an Xbox 1
(I have a 360) is because of Infinite.
Hopefully it won't be a big bust.
Having purchased every limited edition they've come out with, all the way back to H2, I haven't once been too disappointed. H3 and Reach are my favorite with the Helmet and Monument to noble co. H5 came with cool bookends, H4 was a bit of a let down since it didn't come with anything really tangible... the cards and packets were cool, but it wasn't a helmet or anything. I think with H5, 343 brought that back with the bookends and I think minus the snafu with the digital game instead of the disc, it was fairly successful. I think they should have learned from that and will do something cool that will relate to the campaign (ie. the monument from Reach or the bookends from 5). I just hope that do something about battle passes or something that's the direction the game is going to go, then we as legendary edition owners should be rewarded for what we invested in the game.
I personally think a helmet would be cool. Not a Spartan helmet. Maybe a grunt rebreather or a brute chieftain helmet.
Definitely should come with a steelbook and a physical copy of the game, it's always nice to have the game on display and not just an ambiguous thick metal tin. My favorite part of a Halo collector's edition is without a doubt Halsey's journal from Halo Reach. It looked so unique and was so rich in detail, so I hope we can get something like that! Maybe throw in a twist and make it some kind of lore book from the Banished POV chronicling how Escharum defeated humanity and took over Zeta Halo before the game? Just no packet of paper ONI reports please lol.
I like this post, everyone has great ideas for a cool Legendary Edition. If you have more, please tell us, I'm sure 343 Industries will take our opinions into account.
What if it came with a hologram like the one the pilot sees...but of cortona. That would be legendary
Got to be a steelbook with a physical disk and extra stuff i reckon
Prewojo wrote:
Having purchased every limited edition they've come out with, all the way back to H2, I haven't once been too disappointed. H3 and Reach are my favorite with the Helmet and Monument to noble co. H5 came with cool bookends, H4 was a bit of a let down since it didn't come with anything really tangible... the cards and packets were cool, but it wasn't a helmet or anything. I think with H5, 343 brought that back with the bookends and I think minus the snafu with the digital game instead of the disc, it was fairly successful. I think they should have learned from that and will do something cool that will relate to the campaign (ie. the monument from Reach or the bookends from 5). I just hope that do something about battle passes or something that's the direction the game is going to go, then we as legendary edition owners should be rewarded for what we invested in the game.
I started thinking on this more. Generally when your purchase the console edition you dont receive the Actual cool collectibles. It would be nice if it was an option to add that to the purchase after that fact without having to purchase another copy of the game (or resorting to eBay or other marketplaces).

I really hope if they go the route of season/battle passes that they have some type of incentive(s) to award those who purchase the Collectors Edition or higher right off the jump...This could factor in that the multiplayer is free to play and still be able to keep their same price points as before. Few (and buy few of course I mean the majority of Xbox players not specific to this genre/game) will purchase the higher editions off jump. Majority will purchase standard editions. Where they'll then make their most money is releasing season/battle passes for everyone but charge/request you pay for them at the change or release of new skins/weapons/armors etc. In return will leave the VAST majority who didnt spend the extra cash up front to purchase these in increments of release. Then of course you could factor in that there would be micro transactions as well.

This will help with sustaining the game/devs to keep improving on it which is the direction they are heading. If this is going to be the Halo for the next decade.
Brutal Vengence Didn't even think of the console editions, but you're right... they should offer the collectibles with the console, because you're already spending more then the legendary edition by buying the console... so yes, that would be nice for them to throw those in as well...
Prewojo wrote:
Brutal Vengence Didn't even think of the console editions, but you're right... they should offer the collectibles with the console, because you're already spending more then the legendary edition by buying the console... so yes, that would be nice for them to throw those in as well...
Thats what im saying, a console edition is only cool as long as that console is active. once the next gen console comes out, its value drops off almost the same as any other console whereas the actual collectibles hold value. Most H3 helmets are anywhere from 50-100 used and some are 199+ for unopened box. The reach statue is holding around those same price points but most have missing or broken pieces.
Prewojo wrote:
Thats what im saying, a console edition is only cool as long as that console is active. once the next gen console comes out, its value drops off almost the same as any other console whereas the actual collectibles hold value. Most H3 helmets are anywhere from 50-100 used and some are 199+ for unopened box. The reach statue is holding around those same price points but most have missing or broken pieces.
Totally agree!! Like I said, I have all of them up to this point... granted I broke one of the guns from the reach statue when I was putting it together, but aside from that, they're still in great shape, still sitting in their original boxes. But I agree the console purchasers get jipped when they shell out all that extra money for the limited edition console (which is usually more than the regular console) and they don't get anything for it but the game and a cool looking console, hopefully microsoft and or 343 is paying attention to this and actually heed what the community is saying here. Maybe this'll set a precedent for future special console and things might actually change for the betterment of gamers and nerds like us!! :)